PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PS3 Firmware (v2.76) Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on May 13, 2009 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hello, I just wanted to provide everyone with a head’s up that the next PLAYSTATION 3 system software update (v.2.76) will be coming soon. This is a minor update that improves the playback quality of some PS3 format software.

676 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 14

+ Rammstone on May 13th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

Yeah, Skype would be great. You obviosly know what it is since its already on PSP so why not have it on PS3?

You know what would be even cooler? Spotify on PS3!

+ mafecto on May 13th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

Doesn’t matter what you ask for, you’re not getting it. This has been evidenced already. We’ve been screaming for these features for over a year and what do we get? In game (censored) text chat (limited to 30 or 40 characters). Sorry, I’m still not over that whole debacle.

+ RyuSagara on May 13th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

How about letting us be able to delete a trophy list thats on the playstation. Why you ask because I got super star dust trophy list from the demo and I want to get rid of it. I ended up being forced to buy the game I’m sure some people have that problem.

When is the PSP firmware update will come out I like to see more features add to the PSP. What I want to be able to do is to access my friends list on the go and send messages to them. And I also want to be able to see or access my trophy list from my PSP.

Keep up the good work on supporting the PS3 and PSP

+ Zookey on May 13th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

Cross game voice chat PLZ—also, maybe some improvements to PSone playback and add in software PS2 playback hehe–other than that you guys rule.

+ rc213 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

Give us a Backup/Copy All Game Saves option to Media Card feature!!!

+ sscoolChea on May 13th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

since were all begging . Screw in game chat lets just make it in game cross video chat to all of our friends .

+ drownedphoniex on May 13th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

ERIC LEMPEL
– Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)

– Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game

– Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)

– symbols and numbers that show friends online and new messages on the XMB and beside message box

– Auto Sync Trophies

– More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)

– Report feature to report issues and stuff

– Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles

– When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there

– More Avatars

– XMB for movies, browser and PS2

The Profile Concept: http:*//i44.tinypic.*com/auwgte.jpg

Read more : http:*//boardsus.playstation.*com/playstation/board/message?board
.id=ps3updates&thread.id=62394

NOTE REMOVE THE ASTERIKS IN THE LINK (*)

+ sscoolChea on May 13th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

i would rather dance for the world to see than talk smack

+ commedieu on May 13th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

hopefully we can get cross game carrier pigeon messaging this time around.

+ Und3rneaththeGUN on May 13th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

ERIC LEMPEL

– Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)

– Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game

– Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)

– Auto Sync Trophies

– More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)

– Report feature to report issues and stuff

– Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles

– When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there

– More Avatars

– XMB for movies, browser and PS2

The Profile Concept: http:*//i44.tinypic.*com/auwgte.jpg

Read more : http:*//boardsus.playstation.*com/playstation/board/message?board
.id=ps3updates&thread.id=62394

NOTE REMOVE THE ASTERIKS IN THE LINK (*)

+ yzfmike on May 13th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

Okay if any knows the history of FW updates. anything that is a single digit upgrade is an update to fix some issue that the last update cause. Any FW like 2.80 for example is something you really want know what the features are. Get your thoughts lined up before you look like an idiot to rest the of the world.

+ commedieu on May 13th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

Also

Can you PLEASE UN CENSOR TEXT CHAT?!?!?!?!?!? Its with your PRIVATE FRIENDS!!!

+ evilfixx on May 13th, 2009 at 5:36 pm said:

Hey, thanks for working on making the firmware better.

+ Timesplitter_01 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

I dont see the point of having pointless firmware updates.

Sony might as well wait for next month and include this update with any new features they might announce around E3.

As for my wish list………..cross game chat would be nice. I can understand the complexities of it but I would be more than happy for it to be allowed only in single player.

Using the text chat is a bit pointless because it takes u out of the game to actually take to the person.

+ midnightshade on May 13th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

Why do people complain about an update? If it fixes something is that not a good thing? Are people that stupid that they would rather have something broken or worse performance than have to take 2 minutes to download the update. it’s moronic how people on here complian. I came from pc gaming where patches are normal, and it’s normal in the console world now too. You fools crying need to dry those tears and move the hell on.

As for cross game chat, I am tired of hearing about it. Why would I want to talk to some one thats not in my game. I don’t want to be destracted like that, unless they are in my squad/team retatred…cross game chat is overated. If anything, we could use some more visualizations for music player and new avatars pics.

+ CALIX on May 13th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

Just a quick question:
Are there any plans to implement RSS or Podcast support to the PS3?

I find it a little odd that psp has the function for video RSS, and I just wonder how great it would be to sign up for some HD podcast or RSS feeds…

Thanks,

CALIX

+ k2d2t2 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Cross Game Voice Chat!!!
Cross Game Voice Chat!!!
[DELETED]

+ Timesplitter_01 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

@66

Believe it or not some peoples internet connection isnt as fast as yours.

I know a few people that have said to me that it takes about 15 min to 40 minutes to download a PS3 update.

So good for u that it is 2 minutes

+ midnightshade on May 13th, 2009 at 5:43 pm said:

#65 did you read what it said, “to help with performace of games” so you would rather buy a game and have it run like crap and have to wait over a month for e3, or have them release this and just take 2min to download the damn patch. Have you people never been on an online service before? I wonder how many of you this is your first online network expeirence. If you have ever been on any online service, be it everquest, ultima, wow, etc… patches need to be released all the time, to fix things. They don’t just wait…that’s retarted. And secondly when done in smaller increments if something goes wrong it’s much, much, much easier to fix. AS i am sure the same whinners would be the same ones to cry if a big update broke something.

+ Qorious on May 13th, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

If this has voice messaging, then I am pleased!

+ Ripyealip on May 13th, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

ERIC LEMPEL
– Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)
– Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game
– Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)
– Auto Sync Trophies
– More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)
– Report feature to report issues and stuff
– Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles
– When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there
– More Avatars
– XMB for movies, browser and PS2
The Profile Concept: http:*//i44.tinypic.*com/auwgte.jpg
Read more : http:*//boardsus.playstation.*com/playstation/board/message?board
.id=ps3updates&thread.id=62394
NOTE REMOVE THE ASTERIKS IN THE LINK (*)

+ gor1llap1mp on May 13th, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

Oh my God, I thought this was a serious blog with mature bloggers! Enough with “FIRST!” outburst!

+ Szarky on May 13th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

@48: “And if the battery indicator still covers up my freaking clock I’m going to smash a PSX with a hammer!”

Haha, awesome. Thanks for the laugh. That’s been bugging me for a while. You would think it would be such an easy fix.

As someone else mentioned, the ability to delete games under your games would be great. I hate seeing the [DELETED] games my friend brought over be in my trophy list with 0%.

+ AntDaGamer on May 13th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

I just want to say when you guys do these little updates about supposed software compatitible updates why not give a list of the games that it helps/supports. That way will actually thing the update was for something instead of uslessness.

+ FreezerUp360 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

e3 2009 is going to be the best :)

+ Ftwrthtx on May 13th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

Will this fix the SingStar Country errors?

+ gor1llap1mp on May 13th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

Will this fix game stability for MUSIC GENERATOR 2, you know the audio bug?

+ JiggaSam on May 13th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

out of 70 people just about 60 of them want cross game chat, why in the hell do you not give it to us

+ k2d2t2 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

#71

that was beautiful

+ trimpropcg on May 13th, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

I hope this is what i was told we would be getting “ASAP”,.. alot of PSN users have been having a problem with their messaging (sent messages being sent to their inbox among other things).

+ Szarky on May 13th, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

@74 No doubt. “FIRST” is so freagin’ 1999. How old is this guy? 12?!? I tried to private message the dude to tell him how cool he is but the blog here is sort of lame. Can’t edit posts. Can’t PM people.

+ StrykerIsland on May 13th, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

I don’t suppose this will fix the issue of Ninja Gaiden Sigma’s opening cinematic completely freezing my PS3?

+ Jim777 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

he said minor ppl, no need to ask for a million things

+ Crywolf5 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

Maybe there trying to bring back backwards compatibility with ps2 games for PS3 I hope so.

+ ajprice1016 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

No matter what we say they dont listen. We have been screaming for , see below list, and yet we get stupid F#%@$#!$ in game txt chat. Whoever thought of that idea needs fired.
– Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)
– Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game
– Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)
– More Avatars
a

+ Spham23 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

ERIC LEMPEL
– Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)
– Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game
– Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)
– Auto Sync Trophies
– More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)
– Report feature to report issues and stuff
– Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles
– When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there
– More Avatars
– XMB for movies, browser and PS2
The Profile Concept: http:*//i44.tinypic.*com/auwgte.jpg
Read more : http:*//boardsus.playstation.*com/playstation/board/message?board
.id=ps3updates&thread.id=62394
NOTE REMOVE THE ASTERIKS IN THE LINK (*)

+ ADR14N_ on May 13th, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

Thank you for improving the stability of our PS3 systems

BTW to all of you who say this update is pointless: I do recall reading that the update will improve playback of PS3 software. I would understand you saying the update was pointless if, for example, we had to update our systems and received absolutely NO features or improvements at all.

+ StalkingSilence on May 13th, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

Cool – I hope it includes expanded support for more avatars.

+ KazeEternal on May 13th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

@Eric Lempel
a +0.06 …. must of had to correct a few things there Eric…. Anyway can you pass along ot the PSP firmware guys that I would like the ability to do custom play lists on my PSP like I do on PS3. Some how have this tie into the new media software that is available as well.

+ k2d2t2 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

ERIC LEMPEL
– Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)
– Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game
– Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)
– Auto Sync Trophies
– More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)
– Report feature to report issues and stuff
– Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles
– When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there
– More Avatars
– XMB for movies, browser and PS2
The Profile Concept: http:*//i44.tinypic.*com/auwgte.jpg
Read more : http:*//boardsus.playstation.*com/playstation/board/message?board
.id=ps3updates&thread.id=62394
NOTE REMOVE THE ASTERIKS IN THE LINK (*)

+ wherehaster on May 13th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

I’d like to make a SUGGESTION for future firmware update. Please try to add a function to swap the function of L1 & R1 with L2 & R2. IMHO, shooters on PS3 should shoot with R1 and not R2. Some developers seemingly want to remind us their game is a 360 port and fix R2 (RT on 360) as the button to fire a gun.

Could the firmware team remedy some games’ button assignments problems?

Thanks.

+ RICKDOEZ on May 13th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

MINOR FIX EVERYONE NO CROSS GAME CHAT SONY STOP ALL THE FALSE ALARMS WILL U I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A CROSS GAME CHAT OH WELL I MUST TURN BACK ON MY SYSTEM AND KEEP GAMING THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP OR SHOULD WE SAY FALSE HYPE!!!

+ Slipping_halo on May 13th, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

why do you guys just ignore the fact that the NUMBER ONE requested feature that we want is cross game chat, and not once have you fine folks said ANYTHING about this, positive or negative. So please just throw us a bone here and let us know why or why not!!!!

+ StrykerIsland on May 13th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

Any time I pop in a game I haven’t played in a while, it’s almost a certainty that I’m going to be greeted with a patch of some sort, which ties up my PS3 for hours because of my not-so-uber internet connection.

So I had an idea that similar to the “Perform an Internet Search”, you could add a “Check version update” option in the XMB for each game, and it could download the latest patches and such in the background, allowing you to still do other things in the meantime.

I’d also love it if I could remain signed in no matter what I’m doing, watching a DVD/BD, playing a PS2/PSone game, etc.

It doesn’t have to tell people what game I’m playing, but it could at least say playing PSone game or something to that effect.

And lastly, I use the internet browser a LOT because I can’t get on my PC late at night while the kids and wife are sleeping. The PS3 internet browser is pretty good, but it freezes my PS3 far too frequently for my liking. I’d say it freezes the PS3 a few times a night, which is ridiculous.

+ shakedown1986 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

ERIC LEMPEL
– Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)
– Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game
– Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)
– Auto Sync Trophies
– More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)
– Report feature to report issues and stuff
– Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles
– When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there
– More Avatars
– XMB for movies, browser and PS2
The Profile Concept: http:*//i44.tinypic.*com/auwgte.jpg
Read more : http:*//boardsus.playstation.*com/playstation/board/message?board
.id=ps3updates&thread.id=62394
NOTE REMOVE THE ASTERIKS IN THE LINK (*)

+ Neil on May 13th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

Preparation for cross game voice chat and Home avatars on XMB?

+ RandySore on May 13th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

@ Eric, Why you even bother to publish a minor and worthless update. you know people are going to be mad at this. Unless you should say that, this update will fix some issues cause by the anterior. Oh well, I really hope, you and the R&D department have a nice surprise store for us all playstation 3 at E3.

+ ASSASSIN_21 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

cant wait some of my game were freezing all the time

+ dwarfwarrior15 on May 13th, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

I personall think that we should have these in the next playstation update:

-More memory for friends because not fun to have a little bit of friends.

-In game typing to players in online games Because you die when pausing the game to talk to a friend.

-Skype because since we have the bluetooth feature and a internet connection we should be able to use it.

-Finally, I think we should have more sixaxis features because there should be all these features for the dualshock 3 controlers

+ firedood on May 13th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

ERIC LEMPEL

– Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)

– Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game

– Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)

– Auto Sync Trophies

– More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)

– Report feature to report issues and stuff

– Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles

– When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there

– More Avatars

– XMB for movies, browser and PS2

The Profile Concept: http:*//i44.tinypic.*com/auwgte.jpg

Read more : http:*//boardsus.playstation.*com/playstation/board/message?board

.id=ps3updates&thread.id=62394

NOTE REMOVE THE ASTERIKS IN THE LINK (*)

PAGE 1 2 3 4 14