PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PS3 Firmware (v2.76) Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on May 13, 2009 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hello, I just wanted to provide everyone with a head’s up that the next PLAYSTATION 3 system software update (v.2.76) will be coming soon. This is a minor update that improves the playback quality of some PS3 format software.

676 Comments

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9 14

+ HG_BountyHunter on May 13th, 2009 at 9:59 pm said:

how bout a update for all systems to play ps2 games i unfortunatly got the gay system that dont play ps2 games stop with the little updates and make something we can all be happy about and add street fighter third strike as arcade game or something DDDAAAAAMMMNNN playstion i just want to enjoy you.

+ LIFEFORHIRE on May 13th, 2009 at 10:14 pm said:

ok so anybody else get there to work…if not try again my just worked after 6 hours of messing with the damn thing

+ acerazer1 on May 13th, 2009 at 10:16 pm said:

I feel sorry for you Eric, no matter what you have to say all you get is “I want this and I want that”

+ LIFEFORHIRE on May 13th, 2009 at 10:17 pm said:

@322
I do agree with you.. I think When they get there they will get there and then it will probably out do whatever anyone else has…

+ tosun01 on May 13th, 2009 at 10:18 pm said:

@308

Obviously I was exagerating, but you get the point. I seriously doubt that any PS3 owner ever cared about playback quality or will ever see any difference at all. On other hand I do believe that what everyone here cares is not getting theirs system to brick with these frequent good for nothing updates. There’s just no point for us, owners, to update the system for minor fixes no one cares about.
I think they use minor fixes to mask security fixes.

+ Veridis_Quo on May 13th, 2009 at 10:18 pm said:

ERIC LEMPEL
- Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)
- Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game
- Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)
- symbols and numbers that show friends online and new messages on the XMB and beside message box
- Auto Sync Trophies
- More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)
- Report feature to report issues and stuff
- Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles
- When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there
- More Avatars
- XMB for movies, browser and PS2
The Profile Concept: http:*//i44.tinypic.*com/auwgte.jpg
Read more : http:*//boardsus.playstation.*com/playstation/board/message?board
.id=ps3updates&thread.id=62394
NOTE REMOVE THE ASTERIKS IN THE LINK (*)

^I cannot agree more. Please implement!

+ Juben on May 13th, 2009 at 10:21 pm said:

Cross Game chat is one feature i have never been interested. I have seen it in action on the rival system. Generally the games i play i just see no point in it RPGs and fighters but too each their own. Only feature I want is on home and that is either voice chat for bowling lanes or poker tables or pool tables and i would be happy

+ ExcelKnight on May 13th, 2009 at 10:22 pm said:

I truly do believe that some blog posts are no-go zones when dealing with comments. It’s easy to understand why firmware update posts and PS Store posts (up until recently) have zero staff replies.

+ linebeginstoblur on May 13th, 2009 at 10:23 pm said:

It really, really pisses me off to see people complain about this.

I’m sorry that they found a way to improve a feature to make things better. You’re all right; they should never, ever do anything like this. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, but if it is broke, don’t fix it.

+ alaM0000 on May 13th, 2009 at 10:27 pm said:

THANK GOD SONY!!!! =(

+ alaM0000 on May 13th, 2009 at 10:29 pm said:

PLS CLEAN THE GLITCHES OFF OUR XMB SCREEN??!! :P

+ tearlach2 on May 13th, 2009 at 10:40 pm said:

Yay installed and my original 60 still boots.

+ TakiFuGu on May 13th, 2009 at 10:42 pm said:

My biggest glitch in the OS is the message problem. Once one of my friends send me a message. It show up under some of my other friends on my list. OMG that drive me crazy! I’ve been asking you guys to patch or fix this big bug for a while now. Please look into this terrible bug.

+ theAlbinoWine-O on May 13th, 2009 at 10:42 pm said:

it wont even let me download it…tried like 4 times now, wtf.. this is a stupid update anyhow.. wheres in game music play? come on really!

+ FFVIIguy on May 13th, 2009 at 10:46 pm said:

Everything loads much faster now! Great update!

+ theAlbinoWine-O on May 13th, 2009 at 10:46 pm said:

you should be able to download it off this site if [DELETED] aint workin right for you on you ps3.. instead of havin to try to d/l it off some random site..

+ theAlbinoWine-O on May 13th, 2009 at 10:47 pm said:

i hate everybody who this is workin for. lmao

+ theAlbinoWine-O on May 13th, 2009 at 10:49 pm said:

oh, my bad..i cursed.. i guess you cant do that..

+ D1rk-Knight on May 13th, 2009 at 10:50 pm said:

Hopefully this will give us the ability to type more words on the text chat.

Thank you for the info & keep up with this good work :D

+ darkedgex on May 13th, 2009 at 10:53 pm said:

Guys, please add the following features sometime in the near future:

System

* exFAT support for portable hard drives/USB mass storage devices. Right now we’re limited to FAT32, which only allows files that are 4 GB or smaller. I have movies on a portable hard drive that are larger than 4 GB, but I can’t watch them on my PS3 because the PS3 doesn’t understand exFAT!
* You should be able to perform background downloads of themes and firmware updates (just place them in the Game XMB to be installed/deleted later as is done on the PlayStation Portable).

Video

* Add MKV support (or add Divx 7 support, which I believe now does MKV).
* Allow people to make playlists of videos.

Audio

* Add support for high resolution audio, particularly in WAV files (96 KHz / 24-bit).
* Add support for FLAC, and as above, include support for high resolution multichannel audio (FLAC supports 5.1 audio and other goodies that would be nice to have).

PlayStation Network

* Allow people to have more than 100 friends.
* Provide a way to categorize and group your friends (“friend management”).

+ darkedgex on May 13th, 2009 at 10:53 pm said:

Oh, and allow longer comments here, I had some more ideas, but had to trim them. :P

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on May 13th, 2009 at 10:53 pm said:

calm down, 3.00 will be a significant update.

+ ForgetfuI on May 13th, 2009 at 10:54 pm said:

Can you please reconsider the timing of the updates. This is the second time in a row an update has happened right before Gran Turismo league racing is supposed to start.

These updates keep launching during peak gaming hours. Thanks to the heavy load on the system, it takes a long time to get updated, and we’re forced to scrap the nights events.

+ Mattchewie on May 13th, 2009 at 11:03 pm said:

I appreciate Sony’s efforts to help games run, look and sound better.

However I agree with the masses and state “Please give us cross game chat”.

And actually I will go one further and say “please give us voice game chat, POST HASTE!”

Post Haste == at latest, before the holidays!

Sony always says “we hear you” however I don’t know why the most asked for features take so long to hit market. Especially when said features are a selling point in favor of the competition!

After this feature is instated, Skys the limit. clean up and add as much as you want. Untill then though I think other would agree that Cross Game Voice Chat should be a, if not THE number one priority!

+ mystikalguy on May 13th, 2009 at 11:06 pm said:

IS IT JUST MY PS3 OR ARE OTHER PPL HAVING PROBLEMS LOGGING IN TO “HOME”….I’M UNABLE TO SIGN IN2 HOME AFTER THE 2.76 UPDATE…I KEEP GETTING NETWORK ERROR…WTF!!!

+ Grouch on May 13th, 2009 at 11:09 pm said:

Internet radio would be AWESOME, like on the PSP!

+ yinyang8117 on May 13th, 2009 at 11:09 pm said:

Bring in the cross game chat…

+ Cubical on May 13th, 2009 at 11:11 pm said:

I am still wondering why the Ps3 still don’t have every feature the psp has?

Where is Rss feed/podcast support like the psp has?

where is internet radio support like the ps3?

why don’t the ps3 have as many or at least the same visualaztions for music as the psp?

the interface looks the same so I don’t see why they cant just make the ps3 do something liek the psp.

I THought the ps3 would do everything it could so while I am at home I could use the same features and interface options.

also more options to set month colors for backgrounds it would be nice to assign my own colors for the back ground to change to each month and set weather it changes to black at night or not.

+ dinkin-flicka on May 13th, 2009 at 11:11 pm said:

mystikalguy, I’m experiencing the same problem, after having installed the update. We’ll just have to report it and wait till they fix it. I’m not banking on Home being accessible tonight, and I was so ready to complete my next Xi fragment.

+ DanielMeier on May 13th, 2009 at 11:12 pm said:

Sounds fine to me, im not going to [DELETED] and moan like many of you people are doing.

Im happy as long as it improves my experience with my ps3, even if its just minor adjustments.

And after all its free, so i dont think we have the right to keep complaining over and over again every time there is a firmware update.

+ backphireu2 on May 13th, 2009 at 11:13 pm said:

PLEASE bring back the PS2 backwards compatability for the PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DigitalDevilSaga on May 13th, 2009 at 11:16 pm said:

FIRMWARE UPDATE 2.76 ISSUE

Just to let you guys know I updated my PS3 firmware to 2.76 and now Playstation Home loads slower than before. Once you go to log in by hitting “X” on the main Home Beta page it will get to the word “initializing” then freezes. On my previous system everything worked fine, just the few Playstation Home bugs and errors. I searched thouroghly on the internet first though to see if any information could be found to address this issue including all troubleshooting caused from a PS3 system update causing issues in actual games. Just wanted to let all fellow beta testers know =)

+ Spidey88 on May 13th, 2009 at 11:16 pm said:

Guys who are complaining about not getting cross game voice chat, shut up and look up the legal processes involved in giving us that first.
SONY CAN NOT give us that feature just yet, as microsoft have legal possesion of the easy way of doing it so SONY have to find some other way to do it.

And is this update safe? On the forums there’s a fair few people saying their games stopped playing after updating…

+ mystikalguy on May 13th, 2009 at 11:17 pm said:

THANKS DINKIN-FLICKA…THIS SUCKS THAT I CAN’T ACCESS HOME SINCE I UPDATED 2 FIRMWARE 2.76..HOPE SONY FIXES THIS FAST.COME ON SONY!!!

+ acmilanboy on May 13th, 2009 at 11:20 pm said:

bah… ok. Hope to see a major firmware in E3 man. In all honesty, the 2.7 was almost nothing.

+ BigRich55 on May 13th, 2009 at 11:21 pm said:

Any news about PlayTV coming to the US?

Hurry up and make the web browser better to watch Hulu and other video sites.

+ dinkin-flicka on May 13th, 2009 at 11:21 pm said:

No problem, mystikalguy. I hope it comes back online soon too.

+ HazeDG13 on May 13th, 2009 at 11:25 pm said:

Yes, Skype Please! That would be awesome and I would actually be able to use my camera. Especially since I use Skype for my home phone.

+ HazeDG13 on May 13th, 2009 at 11:26 pm said:

…Also, please increase the Friends list size. I have been at 100 for months and it’s really annoying. How many friends do you have on Facebook Jeff? Exactly, well over 100. Please increase this number. Thanks.

+ mystikalguy on May 13th, 2009 at 11:28 pm said:

Yeah,HOME right now is unaccessible.Can’t log in at all,i tried about 10 times & keep getting the same NETWORK ERROR since i updated.I’ve also seen a couple of my friends trying to log in2 HOME & having the same problem after they updated.

+ Gr8ChickenMonkey on May 13th, 2009 at 11:45 pm said:

I have two really big updates that are absolutely necessary!!! I have the newer PS3 without PS2 capability or camera card slots, this thing freezes in games more than I think it should for $400, PLEASE FIX!!! Another problem is constantly getting booted from PSNetwork, mainly at night. It is not just me, other people I am playing with are all being booted out the game at same time. PLEASE FIX!!! Other than these problems, I have no real issues, never been a PS fan, but I think I LOVE the PS3!!!

+ jixjax on May 13th, 2009 at 11:48 pm said:

ERIC LEMPEL
- Universal Game Invites and Join Session Button(XMB)
- Voice Mail and Private Voice Chat in-game
- Add OPTIONAL sound for notifications(sign on, new messages,etc.)
- Auto Sync Trophies
- More developed profiles + mentioned options on profiles(refer to image below)
- Report feature to report issues and stuff
- Faster loading in-game XMB and profiles
- When you receive a message you should be able to push the PS button
for it to automatically pop up as long as the notification is still
there
- More Avatars
- XMB for movies, browser and PS2

+ Sirynx77 on May 13th, 2009 at 11:53 pm said:

By now I think that Sony is not going to make huge firmware updates for the PS3 until at least saying something at their pre-E3 presser. At least that is what I think they will probably will do.

If not, I will be disappointed afterward, like I was last year. Game announcements were fine and all, but if they really want the PS3 to be the hub of everyone’s entertainment center, they need better functionality. Like to finally sack the team that makes their web browser(which I think everyone is aware by now that it is based on a mobile phone platform) and get another team to develop a REAL web browser on the PS3.

+ Rude_Sparthan on May 13th, 2009 at 11:54 pm said:

..thank’s… but you know what we NEEEED..! ;o) ..maybe E3 some private in-game chat.. please

+ AgentVile9 on May 13th, 2009 at 11:59 pm said:

It took me 5 time to update my ps3. I finally have it…… now what?

+ Onna76_NL on May 14th, 2009 at 12:02 am said:

Sheesh guys show some mercy for the people that are doing so much trouble to make everything run smoothly on the PS3. As long as my baby keeps on running well I honestly don’t give a rat ass about what kind of update it is. Spoiled brats.

To Jeff and others who helped me out, thank you for “you know what” :-)

+ MobileTone on May 14th, 2009 at 12:08 am said:

whatever happened to the less smaller pointless updates and less frequent MOAR that included useful things hey? we all know this is nothing more than a security patch so why not just come out and admit it?

+ dinkin-flicka on May 14th, 2009 at 12:08 am said:

Onna76_NL, agreed. There’s no way to please everyone, but as long as Sony has their priorities straight and are working hard, I and hopefully most of us will sit back and enjoy the ride.

+ xxblazeknightxx on May 14th, 2009 at 12:11 am said:

xbox systems are krap but their online service rocks can we get something to have the freedom like xbox live but make it better i mean your sony for cring out loud

+ KnightOrc on May 14th, 2009 at 12:11 am said:

Can we have proper folder management for video and music? And its been over half a year that Ad-Hoc Party beta was launched in Japan, can we have a beta in Europe & USA too?

And, as a new and extremely useful feature, can we have the PS3 being able to sync our PSP save games and/or patches & DLC so we don’t have to play hunt the memory stick? Most PSP users have more than one stick and its hell trying to find which one has the latest save on it…

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9 14