Paragon

May 14

May 14

New Home Apartment, Rent-Free

Megan Ybarra's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Network Marketing Manager

HOME CHAMBER Apt

Hey everyone, starting today you can download the exclusive “Chamber” apartment for free in PlayStation Home. Nope, that’s not a misprint. This interactive space comes complete with fire pits, waterfalls and a giant tree that’s more alive than you might expect. But make sure to come into Home and download your apartment now, because after May 21st, this premium personal apartment disappears from the housing market forever.

One last thing before we go. We’ve created a new video for Home and we’d love for you to check it out and let us know what you think. We hope you like it!

Add Your Own

nickert0n said:

May 14th, 9:22 am

Nice Job, but I think home needs the ability to interact more like slapping in little big planet. Right now if I want to punch somebody I have to do a dance which suck’s haha.

But seriously nice work on home so far keep doing what your doing.

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

May 14th, 9:23 am

The video is great, but home needs to be more integrated with the rest of the PS3, like including home’s avatar on the Gamer’s Profile, use of the avatar on games, faster loading and somehow integrate it with the XMB

tokyfly said:

May 14th, 9:23 am

SHOW IT ON TV!!!

CitizenInsane27 said:

May 14th, 9:27 am

Love the free apartment, PLEASE MAKE MORE.

Love the advert, PLEASE MAKE MORE.

Love the progress Home is showing, KEEP IT UP!

That is all.

TheGodSend said:

May 14th, 9:31 am

nice video, i hope you advertise that on TV, that will diffidently get more ppl into Home.

Prem-aka-Prince said:

May 14th, 9:36 am

Aw seriously? My PS3’s in repair at the moment. Would it do for me to sign in on someone else’s PS3 and download it? I guess I’ll just have to try and see and hope…
p.s. I liked that video ^^

KoD7085 said:

May 14th, 9:37 am

Good video and the new space looks cool.

BigC3 said:

May 14th, 9:43 am

That Buddah head is damn creepy! Shame I can only get this on my NA account, and not on my native EU one.

Jebus1992 said:

May 14th, 9:43 am

LOL any one notice the glitchers @ 0:42 in the video !

Moe-Digity7 said:

May 14th, 9:45 am

Nice video guys good job I loved it and love the new apartment…

Jinx-Wolf said:

May 14th, 9:47 am

Love the new video! You guys should totally send it to all the Best Buys. I’m tired of that old “coming soon” BETA video looping on our PS3.

Also, I love the free location! You guys should have more limited events like this.

pOoH_27StR said:

May 14th, 9:48 am

Its an honor to take part in this great space and thanks for it! it gives us another reason to come Home to! Oh the video is great. will it air on tv any time soon!

enormhi said:

May 14th, 9:50 am

Nice vid!

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

May 14th, 10:00 am

Great video!

FoolKiller79 said:

May 14th, 10:11 am

I like the video. Very nice.

And as for people complaining about paying for things: You don’t have to, but you also win free stuff from playing the various games and SingStar has Home awards when you win trophies (although they haven’t been implemented for NA yet).

Seriously, before you start complaining you should actually check it out first and try doing the different stuff available.

All that said, I am not a huge social networking kind of guy, so I am not on Home often, but I have been partaking of the Texas Hold ‘Em.

Which reminds me, It would be great to have:
1) A full casino space
2) A midway arcade games space
3) A family games space with board games and whatnot.

And to be able to purchase games like pool and the arcade games for our personal spaces would be awesome. It would be great to be able to organize a card game with just my friends and not worry about waiting.

eric2386791124 said:

May 14th, 10:15 am

oh cool downloading =)

Netweb said:

May 14th, 10:17 am

Eurogamer.pt guy here!
WE NEED all stuff of HOME USA and JAP on EU :D

KwietStorm said:

May 14th, 10:18 am

I’ve done my share of criticizing Home, but that was a very well done video. I sincerely hope that is a promotional campaign, something that SCE seems to be allergic to.

One question. My PS3 is currently broken. Are you telling me that I’m going to miss out on the apartment, end of story?

MC_Febras said:

May 14th, 10:18 am

Is this space coming to the European Home too???

my-kal_UK said:

May 14th, 10:20 am

needs to go on tv :D

JayD-1K said:

May 14th, 10:26 am

A party system in HOME would be a very nice add-on for the world. you could always have voice chat in the party and just PTT to talk to others any where else!

the phone system you have in HOME is a good start!

TheGuardianFID said:

May 14th, 10:29 am

Thanks guys, the new apartment is awesome as is the new furniture available in the mall that goes with it, sweet designs, awesome stuff keep it up!!! :D

CloudStorm87 said:

May 14th, 10:30 am

Is this available to European Home or not?! I had such high hopes for Home. With all due respect, as much I love free stuff as the next guy, Home is a huge disappointment considering the promises that were made 2 years ago. Where are the Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 spaces? Is there even a LittleBigPlanet space?

Please Sony, I always believed Home has enormous potential to be a vibrant social community for ‘gamers’. Please start focusing on what would first and foremost appeal to PS3 gamers instead of trying to make Home a one-size-fits-all type of community.

D1rk-Knight said:

May 14th, 10:37 am

Sweet I’ll download it as soon as possible & by the way thank you for your great efforts & for making HOME which allowed to meet with my dearest friend & chatting with him while we playing or watching something.

Keep up with this great work. :D
D1rk-Knight from KSA.

Luillin said:

May 14th, 10:40 am

THANK YOU!!!! It’s an AMAZING APARTMENT AND VIDEO ^^!! Great Work guys!

vegasbosko said:

May 14th, 10:45 am

I’m having trouble getting into Home, keep getting a “connection to server was lost” message. UGH!

theJETbomb said:

May 14th, 10:46 am

hey guys i just tried to dl the new space (great vid btw) and it seems to me the mall is missing from the map…

KSPRAYDAD said:

May 14th, 10:46 am

To the EU crowd.

SONY builds the backbone of HOME for all regions. Each Region is then responsible for advert deals and home spaces etc independently.

If you are from the EU you’ll be getting up to 17 new spaces over the next 8 to 12 weeks.

See YOUR community manager here: *http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_PS3_Home&thread.id=174245

sscoolChea said:

May 14th, 10:50 am

The video was amazing …

RRstrong said:

May 14th, 10:55 am

I am a communications major, and I know good videos when I see it. That was awesome!! :)

Onna76_NL said:

May 14th, 10:56 am

Is this also available in the EU Home? We have a huge lack of contents, thanks SCEE :-(

whoelse said:

May 14th, 11:01 am

Have Sony noticed the avatar sitting on the railings in the Mall?

CiscoRucinski said:

May 14th, 11:02 am

Is this video going to become an ad on TV? Shorten it up to what…a minute, or split it into two ads, and you will have something here.

Post_Script said:

May 14th, 11:03 am

Ah, love the new apartment, guys! Very…mystic. I was considering buying the log cabin (and I still may), but this will do for now.

I’ll try out the code soon – to those of you who got them, what exactly do the hats look like?

legend8716 said:

May 14th, 11:04 am

nice! i like the vid!

Zookey said:

May 14th, 11:25 am

Phenomenal commercial guys, well done!

waypoetic said:

May 14th, 11:28 am

Uhm, i’m logged in to Home right now and just walked in to the “Estate”-shop, but i didn’t see any new apartments or whatever. Is this update for U.S only or what?

eddypoe said:

May 14th, 11:31 am

I just want to know where I can get the bad a$$ keychain!

Mygirlfriends said:

May 14th, 11:39 am

Does anyone know if you can download this in the European HOME?

phinnv8 said:

May 14th, 11:42 am

Instead of a free useless apartment how about

-Cross game VOICE chat
-PS2 backwards comp for all
-$299 price point
-GOOD PSOne games like FF-VII and Chrono Cross!

Sony you would sell a million PS3s a day if you did those things.

Maluraq said:

May 14th, 11:49 am

@nathanw2008: I’m not sure why people like you make that conclusion at all. Sony has always said that online play would be free, but that doesn’t make games on the PSN store free, does it? You pay for games, you get to play for free. You get into Home for free, you get to wander around and enjoy the attractions for free and you pay for extras, like anywhere else.

gooch-getta said:

May 14th, 11:51 am

the video is cool. It makes home look fun though, which it is not.

Home is very boring, with no draw to go in. Everything costs money and the features are EXTREMELY limited for what you can do with friends in your apartment.

Thrasher20 said:

May 14th, 11:56 am

The word FREE is always welcome in the PS Blog ;)

waypoetic said:

May 14th, 12:11 pm

“Everything costs money” not in the EU-version of home, tho’ it lacks content that the US version have.

Stinkinmushroom said:

May 14th, 12:24 pm

very cool vid,

if you’re thinking of making it a commercial, shorten the beginning, looks too lonely.. Expand the multiplayer-aspect and the fact that it’s free. Cool music

PHANTASMN707 said:

May 14th, 12:25 pm

So… cow outfits yah?

MVCF said:

May 14th, 12:33 pm

you guys should show the trophy room… oh yeah, we dont have one

mzmz777 said:

May 14th, 12:45 pm

free home space wow it looks good i hope you make more of this

SolduNuts said:

May 14th, 12:51 pm

This video is great and shows just how far Home has gone and how much stuff their is to do within it. The video didn’t even touch on Xi. Also keep the free stuff coming, I can always use free stuff and a new place to call home.

drepsx3 said:

May 14th, 12:58 pm

This should so be a commercial!!!!!!!!!!!!!