PS4-The Order

New Home Apartment, Rent-Free

Megan Ybarra's Avatar + Posted by Megan Ybarra on May 14, 2009 // PlayStation Network Marketing Manager

HOME CHAMBER Apt

Hey everyone, starting today you can download the exclusive “Chamber” apartment for free in PlayStation Home. Nope, that’s not a misprint. This interactive space comes complete with fire pits, waterfalls and a giant tree that’s more alive than you might expect. But make sure to come into Home and download your apartment now, because after May 21st, this premium personal apartment disappears from the housing market forever.

One last thing before we go. We’ve created a new video for Home and we’d love for you to check it out and let us know what you think. We hope you like it!

289 Comments   1 Reply

+ nickert0n on May 14th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

Nice Job, but I think home needs the ability to interact more like slapping in little big planet. Right now if I want to punch somebody I have to do a dance which suck’s haha.

But seriously nice work on home so far keep doing what your doing.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on May 14th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

The video is great, but home needs to be more integrated with the rest of the PS3, like including home’s avatar on the Gamer’s Profile, use of the avatar on games, faster loading and somehow integrate it with the XMB

+ tokyfly on May 14th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

SHOW IT ON TV!!!

+ CitizenInsane27 on May 14th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Love the free apartment, PLEASE MAKE MORE.

Love the advert, PLEASE MAKE MORE.

Love the progress Home is showing, KEEP IT UP!

That is all.

+ TheGodSend on May 14th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

nice video, i hope you advertise that on TV, that will diffidently get more ppl into Home.

+ Prem-aka-Prince on May 14th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

Aw seriously? My PS3′s in repair at the moment. Would it do for me to sign in on someone else’s PS3 and download it? I guess I’ll just have to try and see and hope…
p.s. I liked that video ^^

+ KoD7085 on May 14th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

Good video and the new space looks cool.

+ BigC3 on May 14th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

That Buddah head is damn creepy! Shame I can only get this on my NA account, and not on my native EU one.

+ Jebus1992 on May 14th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

LOL any one notice the glitchers @ 0:42 in the video !

+ Moe-Digity7 on May 14th, 2009 at 9:45 am said:

Nice video guys good job I loved it and love the new apartment…

+ Jinx-Wolf on May 14th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

Love the new video! You guys should totally send it to all the Best Buys. I’m tired of that old “coming soon” BETA video looping on our PS3.

Also, I love the free location! You guys should have more limited events like this.

+ pOoH_27StR on May 14th, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

Its an honor to take part in this great space and thanks for it! it gives us another reason to come Home to! Oh the video is great. will it air on tv any time soon!

+ enormhi on May 14th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

Nice vid!

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on May 14th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

Great video!

+ FoolKiller79 on May 14th, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

I like the video. Very nice.

And as for people complaining about paying for things: You don’t have to, but you also win free stuff from playing the various games and SingStar has Home awards when you win trophies (although they haven’t been implemented for NA yet).

Seriously, before you start complaining you should actually check it out first and try doing the different stuff available.

All that said, I am not a huge social networking kind of guy, so I am not on Home often, but I have been partaking of the Texas Hold ‘Em.

Which reminds me, It would be great to have:
1) A full casino space
2) A midway arcade games space
3) A family games space with board games and whatnot.

And to be able to purchase games like pool and the arcade games for our personal spaces would be awesome. It would be great to be able to organize a card game with just my friends and not worry about waiting.

+ eric2386791124 on May 14th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

oh cool downloading =)

+ Netweb on May 14th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

Eurogamer.pt guy here!
WE NEED all stuff of HOME USA and JAP on EU :D

+ KwietStorm on May 14th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

I’ve done my share of criticizing Home, but that was a very well done video. I sincerely hope that is a promotional campaign, something that SCE seems to be allergic to.

One question. My PS3 is currently broken. Are you telling me that I’m going to miss out on the apartment, end of story?

+ MC_Febras on May 14th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Is this space coming to the European Home too???

+ my-kal_UK on May 14th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

needs to go on tv :D

+ JayD-1K on May 14th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

A party system in HOME would be a very nice add-on for the world. you could always have voice chat in the party and just PTT to talk to others any where else!

the phone system you have in HOME is a good start!

+ TheGuardianFID on May 14th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

Thanks guys, the new apartment is awesome as is the new furniture available in the mall that goes with it, sweet designs, awesome stuff keep it up!!! :D

+ CloudStorm87 on May 14th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Is this available to European Home or not?! I had such high hopes for Home. With all due respect, as much I love free stuff as the next guy, Home is a huge disappointment considering the promises that were made 2 years ago. Where are the Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 spaces? Is there even a LittleBigPlanet space?

Please Sony, I always believed Home has enormous potential to be a vibrant social community for ‘gamers’. Please start focusing on what would first and foremost appeal to PS3 gamers instead of trying to make Home a one-size-fits-all type of community.

+ D1rk-Knight on May 14th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

Sweet I’ll download it as soon as possible & by the way thank you for your great efforts & for making HOME which allowed to meet with my dearest friend & chatting with him while we playing or watching something.

Keep up with this great work. :D
D1rk-Knight from KSA.

+ Luillin on May 14th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

THANK YOU!!!! It’s an AMAZING APARTMENT AND VIDEO ^^!! Great Work guys!

+ vegasbosko on May 14th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

I’m having trouble getting into Home, keep getting a “connection to server was lost” message. UGH!

+ theJETbomb on May 14th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

hey guys i just tried to dl the new space (great vid btw) and it seems to me the mall is missing from the map…

+ KSPRAYDAD on May 14th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

To the EU crowd.

SONY builds the backbone of HOME for all regions. Each Region is then responsible for advert deals and home spaces etc independently.

If you are from the EU you’ll be getting up to 17 new spaces over the next 8 to 12 weeks.

See YOUR community manager here: *http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_PS3_Home&thread.id=174245

+ sscoolChea on May 14th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

The video was amazing …

+ RRstrong on May 14th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

I am a communications major, and I know good videos when I see it. That was awesome!! :)

+ Onna76_NL on May 14th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Is this also available in the EU Home? We have a huge lack of contents, thanks SCEE :-(

+ whoelse on May 14th, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

Have Sony noticed the avatar sitting on the railings in the Mall?

+ CiscoRucinski on May 14th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

Is this video going to become an ad on TV? Shorten it up to what…a minute, or split it into two ads, and you will have something here.

+ Post_Script on May 14th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Ah, love the new apartment, guys! Very…mystic. I was considering buying the log cabin (and I still may), but this will do for now.

I’ll try out the code soon – to those of you who got them, what exactly do the hats look like?

+ legend8716 on May 14th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

nice! i like the vid!

+ Zookey on May 14th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

Phenomenal commercial guys, well done!

+ waypoetic on May 14th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

Uhm, i’m logged in to Home right now and just walked in to the “Estate”-shop, but i didn’t see any new apartments or whatever. Is this update for U.S only or what?

+ eddypoe on May 14th, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

I just want to know where I can get the bad a$$ keychain!

+ Mygirlfriends on May 14th, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

Does anyone know if you can download this in the European HOME?

+ phinnv8 on May 14th, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

Instead of a free useless apartment how about

-Cross game VOICE chat
-PS2 backwards comp for all
-$299 price point
-GOOD PSOne games like FF-VII and Chrono Cross!

Sony you would sell a million PS3s a day if you did those things.

+ Maluraq on May 14th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

@nathanw2008: I’m not sure why people like you make that conclusion at all. Sony has always said that online play would be free, but that doesn’t make games on the PSN store free, does it? You pay for games, you get to play for free. You get into Home for free, you get to wander around and enjoy the attractions for free and you pay for extras, like anywhere else.

+ gooch-getta on May 14th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

the video is cool. It makes home look fun though, which it is not.

Home is very boring, with no draw to go in. Everything costs money and the features are EXTREMELY limited for what you can do with friends in your apartment.

+ Thrasher20 on May 14th, 2009 at 11:56 am said:

The word FREE is always welcome in the PS Blog ;)

+ waypoetic on May 14th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

“Everything costs money” not in the EU-version of home, tho’ it lacks content that the US version have.

+ Stinkinmushroom on May 14th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

very cool vid,

if you’re thinking of making it a commercial, shorten the beginning, looks too lonely.. Expand the multiplayer-aspect and the fact that it’s free. Cool music

+ PHANTASMN707 on May 14th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

So… cow outfits yah?

+ MVCF on May 14th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

you guys should show the trophy room… oh yeah, we dont have one

+ mzmz777 on May 14th, 2009 at 12:45 pm said:

free home space wow it looks good i hope you make more of this

+ SolduNuts on May 14th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

This video is great and shows just how far Home has gone and how much stuff their is to do within it. The video didn’t even touch on Xi. Also keep the free stuff coming, I can always use free stuff and a new place to call home.

+ drepsx3 on May 14th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

This should so be a commercial!!!!!!!!!!!!!