PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

New Limited Edition DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY PSP Entertainment Pack

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar + Posted by Kristin Neirinckx on May 14, 2009 // Marketing Manager, PSP

Great news for all of you Final Fantasy fans out there! Today, we announced the availability of a new DISSIDIA: FINAL FANTASY PSP Entertainment Pack . A GameStop exclusive, this limited edition bundle is the ultimate portable entertainment experience for Final Fantasy and PSP fans alike.

LIMITED-EDITION DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY PSP (PLAYSTATION PORTABLE

The entertainment pack includes:

• “Mystic Silver” PSP-3000 system
  • DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY game
  • “FINAL FANTASY VII Advent Children,” on UMD™
  • 2GB Memory Stick PRO Duo™

Available for $199.99 (MSRP) starting August 25 at GameStop locations in the U.S, this incredible value is only available for a limited time so get them quick! From Rock Band to Hannah Montana, there are PSP entertainment packs that cater to everyone in the family.

125 Comments

+ rAdIOhEad73 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:04 pm said:

SONY wants you to buy these old PSPs so they can get rid of the old hardware before they announce the new “PSP GO” at E3, the worst kept secret ever…
Remember to act surprised when they announce it, like: Oh my God I didn’t know a new PSP was in the works how cool! XD

+ jimmy903 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

I would buy this bundle but I have everything except the game.

I will be picking up Dissidia and Advent Children Complete on Blu-Ray though.

+ Calendaros on May 14th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

Screw Square Enix, they treat the PS3 like **** so no one should support them.

+ acerazer1 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

Not gonna lie, this bundle may finally put me over the hump and make me buy a PSP

+ justin456789 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

I’m so geting Dissidia .Now I know the release dates is so I’ll make my pre-order.

+ dynasty3408 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

I WANT MORE COLORS!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Naquiel on May 14th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

I dont like the silver psp i wish the psp was white with a FF logo painted on the back like the Star Wars psp.

+ Naquiel on May 14th, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

Oh before i forget i already have the Star Wars psp with a 8gb memory stick and i already own the umd copy of FF7 Advent children movie even on dvd.

So i guess i will just buy the game.

+ TERMINATORvsMTRX on May 14th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

this is a fantastic bundle and everything but I heard theres a new UMDless psp being announced at e3 so whats the point?

+ GersanMW on May 14th, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

Sweet Deal Indeed, but I’m gonna have to pass on it. because:
1-White psp = nice, psp 3000 = bad.
2-2 GB Memory Stick= good, but i already have an 8 GB one.
So I’ll rather buy te game and the movie on my own, thought I’ll definetely recomend this new bundle to my friends.

+ Thrasher20 on May 14th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Not a fan of Final Fantasy, but I do want a new PSP so why not :)

+ tagout on May 14th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

I just don’t get it. Every two-three months, we hear another rumor about PSP2, and yet before E3 or TGS you guys always announced a new PSP bundle (PSP-3000 w. Madden/Ratchet and Clank, etc). You guys already know why PSP games aren’t selling they should be in the US, and the only way you guys could prevent it is by introducing the next-generation of PSP that relies heavily on digital content, so why not release it?

After all it’s one of the reason why I’m holding back of getting this bundle… the fear of knowing that you guys might announce PSP2 at TGS and it’s really not going to help you guys sell more PSPs in the US.

JUST ANNOUNCE PSP2 ALREADY!

+ WindedHero on May 14th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

Already got the japanese one, looks like U.S. got shafted again. Considering the fact that I’m a collector of FF stuff, I’ll still be buying this.

+ WindedHero on May 14th, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

@62
STFU about PSP2. All rumors are stupid and unfounded.

+ BUBA_jeff on May 14th, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

FINAL FANTASY VII Advent Children still come with the final fantasy 13 demo?

+ WindedHero on May 14th, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

@53, are you sure about square enix treating PS3 like ****? Because I’ve got the FFXIII demo and I don’t see any xbox users with it.

+ WindedHero on May 14th, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

@65, only the FFVII Advent Children _LTD Edition_ blu-ray comes with FFXIII Demo. It is only available in japan, but will play on any USA PS3. English/Japanese audio, Japanese-only subtitles. FFXIII Demo is in japanese only, and it’s crazy fun.

+ Kren420 on May 14th, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

I believe this was the last bit of motivation i needed to purchase a PSP

+ Alcidias on May 14th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

Would this be coming to the EB Games in Canada as well? It seems like a great deal to finally get a PSP in.

+ Schnacky on May 14th, 2009 at 7:02 pm said:

only GameStop? why?

+ Zookey on May 14th, 2009 at 7:22 pm said:

No logos on it?

+ arkangel220 on May 14th, 2009 at 7:27 pm said:

Already bought the Mystic Silver Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters Entertainment Pack but it’s awesome to see that SONY is branching out to have a bundle for everyone with Rock Band and Hannah Montana and now Final Fantasy, nice job

+ Amalthaea on May 14th, 2009 at 8:02 pm said:

That’s actually a pretty good deal, considering how much it would cost to get everything separately. I might invest in this, and give the extra PSP to my sister, since her’s is so old.

+ StellarAbyss on May 14th, 2009 at 8:03 pm said:

Time for me to start saving up for this.

Shame it’s not the same PSP that was released in Japan. It should have at least been white or a color that hasn’t been released in the US yet.

+ waddling_penguin on May 14th, 2009 at 8:27 pm said:

Don’t you guys bother finishing reading the post before commenting?
The pack doesn’t come out until AUGUST 25th, 2009!!! That is way past E3.
What this sounds like to me is that there is NO WAY there is going to be a PSP2 announcement at E3 since no one in their right mind would then buy this bundle if a PSP2 existed.
This is actually quite sad as I was hoping for a new PSP2 too. But this post is probably a hint to us to calm down our expectations.

+ GrayWolf323 on May 14th, 2009 at 8:40 pm said:

if it doesn’t have artwork on the PSP then I won’t be upgrading my fat PSP for a while longer

+ omnibox1165 on May 14th, 2009 at 9:32 pm said:

I would have hoped that Sony & Square Enix would have released something better than a mere silver PSP for the US. market.
Japan and Europe enjoy far more colors and exclusive content. At least put the thing in a lined wooden case with a lock and key, and make it look like impressive.

+ Liquid-PSN on May 14th, 2009 at 9:52 pm said:

Hey sony when PSPGo! is coming??? i cant wait!!! it have touch screen right?

+ Anti-Steven on May 14th, 2009 at 10:16 pm said:

@ 78:
I don’t think it has a touch screen, just slide out controls and internal memory. A lot of people know about it ’cause a gaming news site accidentally broke it’s NDA and released info about them getting to see it. It seemed really legit, which is why most people in the know are just going to wait until it releases.

+ CloudStorm87 on May 14th, 2009 at 10:19 pm said:

I would buy this if it came out in the UK. I need to replace my phat PSPs (I have two, one is dead – RIP).

So Sony, any plans for releasing this bundle across this side of the pond?

Nvm. I don’t why I even bother asking you guys any questions.

+ LihimSidhe on May 14th, 2009 at 11:21 pm said:

if a free download of FFVII from the PSN was included, you might have a run away winner….

+ sonicthemonkey on May 14th, 2009 at 11:39 pm said:

I’ll admit this is a pretty cool bundle, as I’m planning on picking up Dissidia anyway, would like to have Advent Children on UMD, need a bigger memory stick, and still have a PSP 1000. HOWEVER, as we all hopefully already know, the new PSP is just months away. How ’bout a Dissidia bundle for that…please?

+ vavires on May 15th, 2009 at 12:16 am said:

Doesnt look anything special tbh lol, its JUST A SILVER PSP, and 2 items u can get seperatly?? Any1 with a PsP would be stupid to buy this. I did once buy a bundle tho when i already had a PsP but that was a very old PsP and when they brought in a SPECIAL EDITION PSP with cover art of Final Fantasy 7, crisis core then i was sold, and i have it! thats worth it, but just a plain normal silver PsP, hah don’t make me laugh

+ rysamson on May 15th, 2009 at 12:23 am said:

i somewhat agree with vavires,

Like the limited edition DSes, different ones had different artwork on the actual shell (triforce, artwork, etc). I don’t see anything “special” about this package other than it’s packaged with a game and a movie.

It’s only speculation, but if the PSP2/4k/Go! *IS* UMD free, then there would be no point in getting the movie since it comes in this format.. and as far as the memory stick goes, people are gonna replace it with a bigger, cheaper one anyone.

All in all, I’m a fan of Final Fantasy, and if I were really interested in a PSP, I’d get this.. but until then, I’ll wait to hear the ‘news’ at E3 about the new PSP. After that, I’ll make my decision.

+ Korbei83 on May 15th, 2009 at 1:52 am said:

If people are so convinced about a new PSP, why would you expect them to release a bundle containing 2 UMDs and a stick for it?!

The new PSP you so believe in allegedly uses neither. THINK!

+ ElectricEnix on May 15th, 2009 at 4:02 am said:

AWESOME! RIGHT THERE BY MY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

+ ElectricEnix on May 15th, 2009 at 4:05 am said:

Can we pre-order this?

+ TheZed88 on May 15th, 2009 at 5:21 am said:

Unless the persistant rumors of a PSP2 are true I’m going to pick this up on day 1. Will be my first PSP! If PSP2 gets announced at E3 however I think I’m going to wait till that.

+ Sneeches on May 15th, 2009 at 5:29 am said:

I want a psp go, if there coming this year, if not I’ll be grabbing this bundle for sure.

+ Aotar on May 15th, 2009 at 6:29 am said:

Nice try Sony, but you won’t deceive me! :D I know what’s going on! Haven’t you all realized how many free stuff they are giving during these weeks before E3? Smells like waiting will pay off :D

+ Dracorius on May 15th, 2009 at 6:50 am said:

Will this be in Canada?. If so, what retailers will it be….Thanks.

+ Gunwing on May 15th, 2009 at 7:14 am said:

Another killer Bundle from Sony for the PSP system! How about next time you give us a Blue, and Green ones with some of the newer PSP games that are going to hit soon?

IE StarWars: The Clone Wars Republic Heroes would sell like hot cakes in the US/UK, and wheres the Resistance: Retribution bundle? Or did that get dropped as well?

+ Shufflezoom on May 15th, 2009 at 7:30 am said:

i really like advent children
and final fantasy and psp sooo
im buying it.

+ DeviantBoi on May 15th, 2009 at 7:46 am said:

GameStop exclusive?! What a bunch of BS!

Those people scam you out of money by selling used games and you still give them exclusivity to your stuff?

You’re a bunch of idiots.

+ LoZone on May 15th, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

looks, japan get all the good stuff.

+ TrueStoryGuy on May 15th, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

I like the look of the PSP. I suppose I’ll have to pick this one up since my first PSP got stolen.

+ norm01 on May 15th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

You had me at “Hannah Montana” OK, all kidding aside… that’s a good deal there.

+ MegamiTen on May 15th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

=(I live in Russia and I can not order this psp.Im so afflicted…..

+ Spyroluver88 on May 15th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

FYI – I just called my local GameStop and they are already available for reserve!!

+ WindedHero on May 15th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

The Japanese bundle is available for purchase at NCSX (USD $369).

Yeah, we got screwed. I doubt there are any logos on the psp, and the logo is _at least_ missing from beneath the []xo^ buttons on the right.