PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on May 14, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone –

For the first time on PlayStation Network, we have partnered with Sprint to bring you the PSN exclusive game, Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic, for FREE in the U.S. store. That’s right. The game is free to download this week. Check out the Sprint channel on PlayStation Store to access the game, free Sprint videos, wallpapers and an exclusive NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Monsters XMB Theme.

Rag Doll Kung Fu Sprint promo

Also, Bionic Commando Rearmed is on sale now for $4.99 (original price $9.99) for one week only, so act fast!

Downloadable Games

Texas Cheat’em ($9.99)
It’s not whether you win or lose…it’s about how far you can bend the rules without getting caught. In Texas Cheat’em, that’s pretty darn far. Play casino-themed mini-games to activate one of 15 cheating abilities – then make your own luck. Turn a bad hand into a sure thing. Send your opponent’s Royal Flush right down the drain. Steal chips, fold for free, or know the community cards in advance. Cheat strangers out of their fortunes over PlayStation Network…before they do it to you. Remember: glory is forever, but broke is only funny when it happens to someone else.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 90 MB

ZEN Pinball ($9.99)
ZEN Pinball combines the arcade thrills of traditional pinball with the cutting-edge visuals, exciting tables, and accurate physics you would expect from a PLAYSTATION 3 game. Loaded with unique features and customization options, ZEN Pinball offers the ultimate pinball experience for both casual players and pros.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 319 MB

PSone Classics PS3 / PSP

The King of Fighters ’99 ($5.99)
Another King of Fighters tournament is on the horizon and it’s up to you and your team of brawlers to come out on top. Select your crew from a healthy roster of old favorites along with new. Battle your friends in the all new Striker match, as well!
File size: 157 MB

Spyro: Year of the Dragon ($5.99)
Everyone’s favorite dragon is back, and this time he must save the Year of the Dragon Festival by rescuing the 150 eggs that have been stolen by the evil Sorceress and scattered across the Forgotten Worlds. New features include mini-games, new playable characters, and an Atlas to track your progress and accomplishments.
File size: 345 MB

Game Demos (free)

ZEN Pinball Demo
ZEN Pinball combines the arcade thrills of traditional pinball with the cutting-edge visuals, exciting tables, and accurate physics you would expect from a PLAYSTATION 3 game. Unlock the full game to play all great tables and have access to all the features!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 241 MB

Add-on Game Content

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Lunar-Tec Signature Livery Pack (free)
Make your vehicle stand out from the crowd with this exclusive MotorStorm Pacific Rift livery pack, available for a limited time only from PlayStation Store.
Reminder: to use this download, you must own MotorStorm Pacific Rift.
File size: 100 KB

PAIN: Daxter Character (free)
Have you ever heard that ottsels always land on their feet? Well, that’s not always the case, as you’ll see with this FREE download of Daxter for PAIN. As you probably know from his previous adventures, Daxter can dish it out as long as you can give it, so launch away, Ooch to your heart’s content, and he’ll keep coming back for more. You simply CANNOT keep a good ottsel down.
File size: 100 KB

PAIN: Sore Spots ($5.99)
This Sore Spots Add-on features two new environments for PAIN! The first area is the gymnasium at Morningwood High school, where you’ll play a new mode called Mad Science. The second place is a top secret alien research facility with a twist on Fun With Explosives. Idol Minds has even thrown in some cameos by some of your PAIN favorites, and the new multiplayer PAINalympics is solid gold!. Get all of this today when you buy Sore Spots!
File size: 100 KB

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 – Pack 1 (free)
The Lost 1. A large force of giant Mobile Armor is attacking the surface! You are all that stands between them and your loved ones. If you can send them packing, even your most hated enemies will be forced to admit that your skill is superior!
File size: 100 KB

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 – Pack 2 (free)
The Lost 2. A large force of giant Mobile Armor is attacking from space! You are all that stands between them and your loved ones. If you can send them packing, even your most hated enemies will be forced to admit that your skill is superior!
File size: 101 KB

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 – Pack 3 (free)
True Dynasty Warriors Gundam! Space Edition! The legendary mission is back! But this time… in SPACE! There’s no special reward for this mission, but for those of you who wanted to fight this mission in SPACE, this is your dream come true!
File size: 100 KB

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• “Everything’s Magic” by Angels & Airwaves ($1.99)
  • “So What” by P!nk ($1.99)
  • “Stop and Stare” by OneRepublic ($1.99)
  • Pop Rock Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Everything’s Magic” by Angels & Airwaves, “So What” by P!nk and “Stop and Stare” by OneRepublic. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

File size: 40 MB – 42 MB (singles), 124 MB (track pack)

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Stricken”— Disturbed ($1.99)
  • “Stupify”— Disturbed ($1.99)
  • “Radio Radio”— Elvis Costello ($1.99)
  • “Black Friday”— Steely Dan ($1.99)
  • “My Old School”— Steely Dan ($1.99)
  • “Bad Luck”— Social Distortion ($1.99)
  • “Ring of Fire”— Social Distortion ($1.99)
  • “Story of My Life”— Social Distortion ($1.99)
  • Social Distortion Pack 01 ($5.49) Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track pack: Social Distortion Pack 01. This pack includes: “Bad Luck,” “Ring of Fire,” and “Story of My Life” by Social Distortion.

File sizes: 27 MB – 48 MB (singles), 122 MB (track pack)

Game Videos (free)

MAG Premiere Gameplay Trailer (free)
File size: 59 MB (HD) 101 (1080)

PAIN: Sore Spots Trailer
File size: 75 MB (HD)

Battlefield 1943 Wake Island Trailer
File size: 54 MB (HD)

Burnout Paradise Cops and Robbers Trailer
File size: 52 MB (HD)

PS3 Themes

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Lunar-Tec Signature Livery Theme (free)
File sizes: 5.71 MB

Digital Ghosts ($1.49)
File sizes: 5.07 MB

Lions ($1.49)
File sizes: 6.17 MB

Radioactive ($1.49)
File sizes: 6.16 MB

Gangsters ($1.49)
File sizes: 4.16 MB

Wallpapers (free)

Terminator Salvation Wallpaper
File size: 346 KB (SD) 1.84 MB (1080)

NASCAR/Sprint Cup Series Monsters Theme (x10)
File size: 333 KB – 597 KB (SD) 1.13 MB – 1.62 MB (1080)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Downloadable Games

Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice ($22.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
In this sequel to the action-packed Pursuit Force, control all new playable characters as you track down and bring to justice five hardcore street gangs in and around Capital City. This time around, the high-speed action takes you across land, air and sea in the continued battle to rid the city of crime.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 839 MB

Game Videos (free)

MAG Premiere Gameplay Trailer
File size: 2.42 MB

Patapon 2 Army Trailer
File size: 12 MB

PSP Themes

Digital Ghosts ($1.49) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File sizes: 432 KB

Radioactive ($1.49) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File sizes: 438 KB

Gangsters PSP Theme 1 ($0.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File sizes: 535 KB

Gangsters PSP Theme 2 ($0.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File sizes: 554 KB

PAGE 1 9 10 11 12

+ bitblt on May 15th, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

Thanks Sony and Sprint for the cool free game!

+ drunkenNATIVE on May 15th, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

is it lame that i bought all the lbp costumes? i think i should get a code for that crown just because im retarted enough to have spent the money on stupid costumes for a game

+ Indrik on May 15th, 2009 at 1:30 pm said:

I don’t mind PSN giving out a free game, but for those of us who bought the game – they should at least give us Store credit.

+ stri on May 15th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

@ 499 AssassinHD –
Re: Whether you feel the need to come full circle on me or not is irrelevant. I am unaffected by your opinion.

Sure…and that’s why you continue to reply.

P.S. – Yes you did imply I purchased the game.
Can you not read…I gave the example you provided and everything as proof…and I realize you didn’t attack me personally, but you are acting in an inappropriate manner towards others.

You can rip on others all you want here, but if you start seriously acting like a jerk (not trash talk) then I will take it personally. How do I know you won’t attack me in the future for innocently voicing my opinions?
So pfff is all I have to say to your reply!

Eat it!

+ VixDiesel on May 15th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

From now on I won’t be buying psn games when they come out anymore. Unless it’s something huge. Otherwise they’re gonna wait so I don’t get wallet screwed again.

+ corey12001 on May 15th, 2009 at 2:07 pm said:

I AM PISSED OFF @ SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot believe that they would scam people like me into buying a game, so they can offer it 2 every1 else 4 free later!!!!!!! I WANT A REFUND, so I can just download it 4 free like everybody else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or let the people who have paid 4 the game get a choice of another free $9.99 game!
THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS!
Don’t think I will EVER buy a PSN game again!
Way 2 go Sony! Stupid marketing techniques!
This 100% violated the trust I had with such a company!

+ Jeeves_Tremor on May 15th, 2009 at 2:20 pm said:

Us canadians definitely need some sort of reparation for this. The camel’s back is getting mighty weak.

+ corey12001 on May 15th, 2009 at 2:27 pm said:

Man I am so pissed!!!
I feel like I have been used!
like that little girl that got pissed on from the R KELLY TRIAL!

+ corey12001 on May 15th, 2009 at 2:27 pm said:

SONY, u guys need 2 do something 4 the people who have paid full price 4 this game!!!!!!!!

+ corey12001 on May 15th, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

This is unfair 4 loyal paying customers

+ corey12001 on May 15th, 2009 at 2:29 pm said:

Tis must really be a BIG DEAL 2 me!
usually I dont get carried away like this, but I am truly upset, and I really wish some1 would see my comments and hear my pain!
I know its only $10 bucks, but, I feel like Sony has disrespected me personally by cheating me out of my money!

+ corey12001 on May 15th, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

THIS SUXX!

+ mastrofallz on May 15th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

Oh shut up Corey. Sony is a company, and you are acting like its a person.

Great update. Cant wait to see more of these.

+ perrandy on May 15th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

sony please fix zen pinball online because its freezing up alot. not only on me but this is also happening to ppl in the forums!

+ gettinmoney662 on May 15th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

All these people complaining and whining have got to be kids. They really do. If not, our world is doomed.

THIS IS A SPRINT PROMOTION. SONY DID NOT JUST DECIDE ONE DAY TO GIVE A GAME AWAY FOR FREE. SPRINT IS PAYING FOR EVERYONE TO DOWNLOAD RDKF.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS, GO YELL AT SPRINT.

Once again, THIS IS A SPRINT PROMOTION.

+ DJnal05 on May 15th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

i am still made…

sony i got this for

+ FabiHurtz83 on May 15th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

@getting – You’re the kid, all of us PSN supporters are far from being whiners. You’re the one that has made these ass-backwards comments. We adults know the value of a dollar, and we are consumers living in America, which means we can voice our opinion.

We’re not the same whiners who cry every week about a demo, we are paying customers. All the people doing the real whining are the non-payers who will be happy for about a week until another demo comes through late.

If you don’t think we have a valid point, then too bad, get over it. We have a cause, you don’t. You’re just in love with Sony or something.

There is a reason behind this so called “promotion”, and it’s not about Sprint. There wasn’t a meeting at Sprint where they said, “Hey, Rag Doll Kung Fu is a great game, and we should go to PSN and give it away.”

+ FabiHurtz83 on May 15th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

Sony wants to release DLC and the only way to that was to screw all the people who bought it, and give it to everyone, so they would buy the DLC to make up for the lack of sales.

All your examples, are bad examples. You have yet to provide anything valid. The only reason were still hear posting is because Sony hasn’t given us an answer or apology. You have no business here aside from you being a Sony loving troll.

+ gettinmoney662 on May 15th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

SPRINT IS PAYING FOR THE GAME, NOT SONY.

SPRINT!

SPRINT!

SPRINT!

How are you honestly going to say that this has nothing do with Sprint when they are the ones sponsoring the promotion? Maybe Sony chose the game but whatever game they would have picked, there’d be someone whining that they had already bought it.

Once again, SONY ISN’T GIVING AWAY THE GAME FOR FREE. SPRINT IS PAYING FOR IT.

What that means to the borderline retards in here is that Sprint bought us RDKF, Sony did not give it to us for free. This is a key point in this argument and it’s the reason why Sony won’t bother responding to you guys or giving you an answer.

+ MidnightBlues on May 15th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

Great that is a good reason for me to never buy another game when its first released.
I paid full price and I got 100% trophies and now I feel cheated…

why not give away pixeljunk eden or novastrike or how about burn zombie burn? those games are utterly terrible and probably the worst of the worst….im a sucker though and I payed good money for those games and they arent worth the hardrive space they occupy…thats not a mistake I will soon make again though..be sure of that… 4 bad $10 games and im done…

free echochrome? please at least do me that favor…most people think its lame anyway so might as well give it away…its not worth $10 I can tell you that…

also worms should be free..might have trouble giving it away though…lol

age of booty also free…terrible…

and oh my god…FLOCK…double free! so free that sony also gives you a dollar with your download…then it might get a sale….LOL

repasted i want someone to read how mad i am lol

+ Wafi24 on May 15th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

Sorry everyone who paid for the game but, get over yourself how about the whole group of people buying nariko costume just a add on for the lbp game for about 80 to 90 dollars and now it is out on the store for 3 dollars come on seriously guys stop whining

and @520 if u dont like psn games dont buy them anyway wow if u think they sucked which they in fact did not then it was ur fault lol anyway sorry again but yes!!!!!!! free game psn game Rag doll kung fu woot get it while it’s hot or while u can lol from may 14th to the 21st hurry while supplies last

+ Docist on May 15th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

@ Getting Umm are you ******* retarded?

All of the comments are saying that were upset because the game came out just 3 weeks ago and i dont think sprint owns or had anything to do with choosing what game sony should promote them with. if the game was like a year old people wouldnt care but the game just came out and were saying its bad that sony makes a game free when everyone just bought it like a week ago

+ FabiHurtz83 on May 15th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

@521 – Once again, the comparisons are way off. That Nariko costume example is one of the worst. It’s not even close to this situation.

That’s like me getting mad at Wal-Mart because some crack head sold the same TV I bought from them to someone for $10.

Not like getting mad at Wal-Mart for GIVING away the TV I bought from them a month after.

See how off that comparison is? That’s exactly what you guys are doing.

+ gettinmoney662 on May 15th, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

Hey Docist, if I buy you a game that Fabi bought a couple of weeks ago, does Fabi have the right to get pissy at me or Sony because you got the game for free while he paid for it?

Now, just multiply that situation by about a million or so and you have what Sprint did.

+ Futbolfan on May 15th, 2009 at 7:26 pm said:

I think people should just give up on the ‘feeling ripped off’ argument. It’s like feeling bad because you bought a coffee at a coffee shop that’s now free a day later.

Let’s face it – with this game, you’ll probably get just as much temporary enjoyment and probably be just as memorable.

+ DJnal05 on May 15th, 2009 at 8:42 pm said:

This is getting very funny!!

people who got it for free are happy…

and people who paid of it are sad…

I havnt seen anyone who got the game on day one and still happy that its free now…is there anyone??

it is just that majority of the people got it for free and now they are arguing against the minority who paid for it…

I just want get a answer from Mr Jeff?? (oh wait he got it for free too) never mind… xD

ill just think that i did a donation to sony…

+ Soulcollector1 on May 15th, 2009 at 9:32 pm said:

for tips on rag doll kung fu getting all plastics see here http://www.youtube.com/user/soulcollecter26
ps im uploading most the challenge’s now so check back if the one you need isnt their yet.

+ Xenoxerxes on May 16th, 2009 at 12:03 am said:

I agree with AssassinHD but, I will say it might have been a good gesture from Sony to give the people who bought it a store credit for 9.99. Because the thing is it only came out a month ago. That’s pretty quick to offer it free. Maybe that’s a valid point.

Having said that I still think people here are overreacting. So you missed this deal. There will be other deals that maybe you’ll get lucky and catch. You have a free online network, free Playstation Home which I’m sure cost tons of money to develop (even if you don’t like it, that’s not the point). Free demos. Half price games. Free this free that. Overall Sony has been good to us.

This whole thing about “I’m waiting from now on to buy PSN games, screw Sony”. So go ahead, we’ll being playing games for $10 when they come out because we want to, while you’re sitting there not playing the game you want, all bitter :)

+ gettinmoney662 on May 16th, 2009 at 1:08 am said:

When McDonald’s offers free Big Macs, do you go in and say, “Damn it, I had a Big Mac yesterday! Give me a free Quarter Pounder instead!”

+ FabiHurtz83 on May 16th, 2009 at 2:14 am said:

Once again, the comparisons are so off.

You cannot compare food to a video game.

But that just shows how stupid you are, you really just don’t get it. Either that, or you love to suck on Sony’s nuts.

+ FabiHurtz83 on May 16th, 2009 at 2:15 am said:

And no one is gonna be bitter missing out on PSN games. I have more than enough to play with the disc based games.

+ DJnal05 on May 16th, 2009 at 6:07 am said:

FabiHurtz83

i agree

why the f$$$ people are comparing food to game… just becoz they got it for free… then u can have my $hit for free!!

i still have not seen anyone who got the game on day one
n still happy bout his loss… look at 526

bunch of idiots…

+ Futbolfan on May 16th, 2009 at 7:29 am said:

#531, are you trying to say that Rag Doll will be more memorable than a cup of coffee? :-p

+ CakeMan89 on May 16th, 2009 at 7:34 am said:

Keep the PSOne classics coming.
PLEASE PUT CRASH CTR RACING ON THE AMERICAN MARKET.

+ smittysmitty on May 16th, 2009 at 7:35 am said:

it would be really great if they had some alternative promo for everyone who already bought Rag-Doll Kung-Fu. It’s pretty irritating.

+ DerbyManiacB on May 16th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

Awesome update! I downloaded the Rag doll Kung fu game for free. And thank you for partnered with Sprint. I wish that there would be more levels, or you can create you’r own levels, and online play on Rag doll Kung Fu…… But its still a fun game. I hope that you guys will put add-ons for Rag doll Kung Fu in the future and online play. Keep up the great work!

+ frogninja on May 16th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

everybody sing ^_^

well im proud to be an American
where at least ragdoll kung fu is free
and i wont forget the men who died
to bring this game to me
and i’ll proudly SIT DOWN and play some ps3
cuz there aint no doubt i love kung fu
god bless the U S A

+ Dying_Echo on May 16th, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

@everyone complaining
It’s a one week promotion. ONE WEEK, then it will be $9.99 again. Sprint paid for it for a week. After a week, people who missed the sale will have to pay for it. Kind of like how you missed the sale and are paying for it.

May I suggest you quit making this a huge deal, then less people will be lucky enough to notice the sale.

+ Insyt on May 16th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

my bad Sony…forgot to thank you for the free PSN game…dont like sprint so they get no thank yous…but liking the game…challenges are fun…wish there was online play though…that would be sicc…good work though guys…

Pc,
Syt

+ s2h_67 on May 16th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

Why are the Canadians complaining? Does Sprint offer the same services in Canada? What does Sprint get out of giving Canadians the game for free? Nothing.

Don’t worry though, I’m sure Roger’s will come to your rescue.

+ Wtfman90 on May 16th, 2009 at 9:02 pm said:

Hey,
I believe that people that bought Rag Doll Kung Fu should get something.. or a refund?
it is totally unfair.
Totally not going to buy anymore games on PSN, if its going to be free some day.

+ AceBeeDee on May 17th, 2009 at 6:16 am said:

PS1 titles every week…thats the stuff

+ s2h_67 on May 17th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

Yep that’s the attitude, “I will never buy another game because it might be free one day”

P.S. Just ask Mommy for another $10 with your warm milk tonight.

+ Jeeves_Tremor on May 17th, 2009 at 9:46 pm said:

@540

Have you ever had the “pleasure” of dealing with Rogers? Are you even Canadian? Or are you are just oblivious to how Rogers treats their customers like dog****, and does not give a damn about things like this.

Sony should have done something as compensation. The ratio of Canadian PS3 owners to PS3 owners in the United States is wide enough where Sony probably could’ve have made the game free for the week up here as a sign of good faith and to boost interest in the PSN.

If nothing else, give us some notification that these deals and contests are USA only IN THE ACTUAL BLOG POST, not in some obscure reply a day later.

If they can’t even get that far, they could at least make some type of announcement to whether they are even attempting to bring the Video Store to other areas.

+ mountainjoe on May 18th, 2009 at 12:47 am said:

Love free stuff but quit doing it for stuff people have already purchased, same problem with qore. Why should I by games if I don’t get a credit for purchasing when you give them a way a few weeks later.

+ stri on May 18th, 2009 at 7:40 am said:

@540…

Yes Sprint does offer services in Canada…so why are we exempt from this offer? We are North Americanas well!

How can one customer be better than another??!
Red tape my @$$!

+ KBCS_Jefferson on May 18th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

This update was kinda lame. I was excited with the update at first to see the MAG trailer, but then i watched it and i thought i was watching a game on ps2. The game looks horrible im no longer excited for the game. A demo for inFamous would have been nice, I’ll hope for it again on this weeks update.

+ melllo59 on May 19th, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

I liked

+ BoriquaLegend on May 20th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

is there ever going to be a god forsaken online multiplayer patch for rag doll kung fu. I mean its kinda fun but i prefer online play to play against my buddies

+ ddydydy on May 20th, 2009 at 7:35 pm said:

F*** YES! KOF’99 AND Spyro: Year of the Dragon?! I am in heaven now! Seriously, appart from a few very expensive shmups and RPGs that may not be as good as I think they are, THESE are the games I’ve been looking forward to the most! Seriously, great job SCEA.

I honestly would like to met the man in charge of the PSOne Classic releases, and buy that man a drink.

PAGE 1 9 10 11 12