PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on May 14, 2009 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone –

For the first time on PlayStation Network, we have partnered with Sprint to bring you the PSN exclusive game, Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic, for FREE in the U.S. store. That’s right. The game is free to download this week. Check out the Sprint channel on PlayStation Store to access the game, free Sprint videos, wallpapers and an exclusive NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Monsters XMB Theme.

Rag Doll Kung Fu Sprint promo

Also, Bionic Commando Rearmed is on sale now for $4.99 (original price $9.99) for one week only, so act fast!

Downloadable Games

Texas Cheat’em ($9.99)
It’s not whether you win or lose…it’s about how far you can bend the rules without getting caught. In Texas Cheat’em, that’s pretty darn far. Play casino-themed mini-games to activate one of 15 cheating abilities – then make your own luck. Turn a bad hand into a sure thing. Send your opponent’s Royal Flush right down the drain. Steal chips, fold for free, or know the community cards in advance. Cheat strangers out of their fortunes over PlayStation Network…before they do it to you. Remember: glory is forever, but broke is only funny when it happens to someone else.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 90 MB

ZEN Pinball ($9.99)
ZEN Pinball combines the arcade thrills of traditional pinball with the cutting-edge visuals, exciting tables, and accurate physics you would expect from a PLAYSTATION 3 game. Loaded with unique features and customization options, ZEN Pinball offers the ultimate pinball experience for both casual players and pros.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 319 MB

PSone Classics PS3 / PSP

The King of Fighters ’99 ($5.99)
Another King of Fighters tournament is on the horizon and it’s up to you and your team of brawlers to come out on top. Select your crew from a healthy roster of old favorites along with new. Battle your friends in the all new Striker match, as well!
File size: 157 MB

Spyro: Year of the Dragon ($5.99)
Everyone’s favorite dragon is back, and this time he must save the Year of the Dragon Festival by rescuing the 150 eggs that have been stolen by the evil Sorceress and scattered across the Forgotten Worlds. New features include mini-games, new playable characters, and an Atlas to track your progress and accomplishments.
File size: 345 MB

Game Demos (free)

ZEN Pinball Demo
ZEN Pinball combines the arcade thrills of traditional pinball with the cutting-edge visuals, exciting tables, and accurate physics you would expect from a PLAYSTATION 3 game. Unlock the full game to play all great tables and have access to all the features!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 241 MB

Add-on Game Content

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Lunar-Tec Signature Livery Pack (free)
Make your vehicle stand out from the crowd with this exclusive MotorStorm Pacific Rift livery pack, available for a limited time only from PlayStation Store.
Reminder: to use this download, you must own MotorStorm Pacific Rift.
File size: 100 KB

PAIN: Daxter Character (free)
Have you ever heard that ottsels always land on their feet? Well, that’s not always the case, as you’ll see with this FREE download of Daxter for PAIN. As you probably know from his previous adventures, Daxter can dish it out as long as you can give it, so launch away, Ooch to your heart’s content, and he’ll keep coming back for more. You simply CANNOT keep a good ottsel down.
File size: 100 KB

PAIN: Sore Spots ($5.99)
This Sore Spots Add-on features two new environments for PAIN! The first area is the gymnasium at Morningwood High school, where you’ll play a new mode called Mad Science. The second place is a top secret alien research facility with a twist on Fun With Explosives. Idol Minds has even thrown in some cameos by some of your PAIN favorites, and the new multiplayer PAINalympics is solid gold!. Get all of this today when you buy Sore Spots!
File size: 100 KB

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 – Pack 1 (free)
The Lost 1. A large force of giant Mobile Armor is attacking the surface! You are all that stands between them and your loved ones. If you can send them packing, even your most hated enemies will be forced to admit that your skill is superior!
File size: 100 KB

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 – Pack 2 (free)
The Lost 2. A large force of giant Mobile Armor is attacking from space! You are all that stands between them and your loved ones. If you can send them packing, even your most hated enemies will be forced to admit that your skill is superior!
File size: 101 KB

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 – Pack 3 (free)
True Dynasty Warriors Gundam! Space Edition! The legendary mission is back! But this time… in SPACE! There’s no special reward for this mission, but for those of you who wanted to fight this mission in SPACE, this is your dream come true!
File size: 100 KB

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• “Everything’s Magic” by Angels & Airwaves ($1.99)
  • “So What” by P!nk ($1.99)
  • “Stop and Stare” by OneRepublic ($1.99)
  • Pop Rock Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Everything’s Magic” by Angels & Airwaves, “So What” by P!nk and “Stop and Stare” by OneRepublic. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

File size: 40 MB – 42 MB (singles), 124 MB (track pack)

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Stricken”— Disturbed ($1.99)
  • “Stupify”— Disturbed ($1.99)
  • “Radio Radio”— Elvis Costello ($1.99)
  • “Black Friday”— Steely Dan ($1.99)
  • “My Old School”— Steely Dan ($1.99)
  • “Bad Luck”— Social Distortion ($1.99)
  • “Ring of Fire”— Social Distortion ($1.99)
  • “Story of My Life”— Social Distortion ($1.99)
  • Social Distortion Pack 01 ($5.49) Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track pack: Social Distortion Pack 01. This pack includes: “Bad Luck,” “Ring of Fire,” and “Story of My Life” by Social Distortion.

File sizes: 27 MB – 48 MB (singles), 122 MB (track pack)

Game Videos (free)

MAG Premiere Gameplay Trailer (free)
File size: 59 MB (HD) 101 (1080)

PAIN: Sore Spots Trailer
File size: 75 MB (HD)

Battlefield 1943 Wake Island Trailer
File size: 54 MB (HD)

Burnout Paradise Cops and Robbers Trailer
File size: 52 MB (HD)

PS3 Themes

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Lunar-Tec Signature Livery Theme (free)
File sizes: 5.71 MB

Digital Ghosts ($1.49)
File sizes: 5.07 MB

Lions ($1.49)
File sizes: 6.17 MB

Radioactive ($1.49)
File sizes: 6.16 MB

Gangsters ($1.49)
File sizes: 4.16 MB

Wallpapers (free)

Terminator Salvation Wallpaper
File size: 346 KB (SD) 1.84 MB (1080)

NASCAR/Sprint Cup Series Monsters Theme (x10)
File size: 333 KB – 597 KB (SD) 1.13 MB – 1.62 MB (1080)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Downloadable Games

Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice ($22.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
In this sequel to the action-packed Pursuit Force, control all new playable characters as you track down and bring to justice five hardcore street gangs in and around Capital City. This time around, the high-speed action takes you across land, air and sea in the continued battle to rid the city of crime.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 839 MB

Game Videos (free)

MAG Premiere Gameplay Trailer
File size: 2.42 MB

Patapon 2 Army Trailer
File size: 12 MB

PSP Themes

Digital Ghosts ($1.49) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File sizes: 432 KB

Radioactive ($1.49) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File sizes: 438 KB

Gangsters PSP Theme 1 ($0.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File sizes: 535 KB

Gangsters PSP Theme 2 ($0.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
File sizes: 554 KB

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 12

+ Ackers11 on May 14th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

this is why i have a US account

+ Neville718 on May 14th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

understandable fabi… not everyone is making money like you to be throwing away cash. lol… you hiring? j/k

+ RodSquad1167 on May 14th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

How long until someone starts with the “class action lawsuit” ramblings?

Gotta go make some popcorn for this. :)

+ FabiHurtz83 on May 14th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

@250 – Exactly, those are the words that I was looking for. It’s like I threw away money. Thanks :) Last negative comment, I swear. Maybe.

+ superballa123 on May 14th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

@ gettinmoney

How spoiled are you? I just don’t throw away money. Go head and call me parnoid but I’m not ever going to buy a PSN game again(yeah I said it). Besides while you are playing your PSN games I’ll be playing the retail games I get cheap from eBay. I have over 100 games and 28 of them are PS3 games so nice try hater!!!

+ FabiHurtz83 on May 14th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

@rod – Haha.
@nev – Nah times hard brotha! I can’t even afford to pay myself.

+ LiQuiZoN on May 14th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

Something FREE is always pure AWESOMESAUCE.

Lets all Spill the AWESOMESAUCE ON EACHOTHER…YEA YOU LIKE IT DONT YOU…ALL THAT SAUCE SPILLING ALL OVER…

ummmm, just pretend that comment never happened.

+ Ti_dus on May 14th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

Wow, FREE game, thank you very much :)

+ DonGian on May 14th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

Free = Great! Thanks Sprint/Sony, keep em coming!!

+ TwinDad on May 14th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

Thank you Sprint.

+ KingSmashy on May 14th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

@236:
The principal is your pal…

Sony/Sprint:
Thanks for the free game! Getting this and Pinball today. If Sprint were able to support my iPhone I would switch providers. I hate those privacy snooping government stooges at AT&T.

+ jimmy903 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

FREE Rag Doll Kung-Fu?

+ gettinmoney662 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:04 pm said:

@255

What are you talkin about? The people who bought Rag Doll before didn’t throw away money because they were willing to buy the game at that price.

I’m also incredibly confused as to how I’m the spoiled one when you guys are the ones demanding a refund or some sort of compensation because you could not take part of this promotion.

I also don’t care about how many games you have, what was the point of that statement?

+ Poacher619 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

Where is Bomberman Ultra? Is it coming before the end of summer?

+ Ackers11 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

@257 I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

im gonna go shower in some awesome sauce

+ XxBigP123xX on May 14th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

Thanks a lot, Sprint.

+ Neville718 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

Hey Grace Chen… How about an answer for the upset customers who purchased the game already???

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Grace Chen on May 14th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

Hi. Sorry, there are no refunds for previously purchased games.

+ Poofster on May 14th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

WOOOOWOWWWOWOWOWOWOWO YOU GUYS ROCK!

FREE PSN GAMES FTW!

+ H3llMafia on May 14th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

YES! Free game AND PS1 update AWESOME!

+ FabiHurtz83 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

@Grace Chen – Yes, please comment on this situation. I’m not expecting anything for free, but can you please explain to us how it’s fair that we paid for something and a few weeks later it’s for free. Thanks.

+ superballa123 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:11 pm said:

@ gettinmoney

You said and I quote “I have 21 PSN games and 37 Blu-Ray games.” It sounded like your were trying to say I haven’t bought enough games from Sony to complain, well I have. I’m calling you spoiled because you sound like a rich kid that doesn’t give a heck about someone getting ripped off. When you find a job in this recession then holla at me.

+ Edd on May 14th, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

that’s cool RDKF is free an all but that kinda makes me mad because i paid 10 bucks for it 2 weeks ago

+ Daigen on May 14th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

Yea, I bought rag doll last week, full price, and now it’s free, disappointed…

+ mikestan82 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

Wow this is not cool at all. I paid 10 bucks for a free game. What about the people that brought rag doll? The game has only been out for a month.Makes me not wanna buy anything else off psn. I’m not blaming sprint because I don’t own a sprintstation 3. I own a ps3. So stop saying blame sprint .

+ starBlinky01 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

holy smokes!! Best update ever!!

I love when I read the word ‘free’

+ acerazer1 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

A free game?? Sorry, all I can think right now is whaaa????

+ cell989 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

uuummmmmm THANKS A LOT SPRINT,RAG DOLL KUNG FU WAS AN AWESOME GIFT!!!!!

Guys at the PSN, thanks for more awesome PS1 games, they are finally arriving, sweeeeettt!!!.

Best PSN Update???? Possibly….
Best PSN promotion???? Definitely!!!!

+ mixenitup on May 14th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

Pshhh I am a huge supporter of PSN too I have spent $600+ just on PSN games and addons. (don’t believe check my trophies.) On top of that I have been a sprint cell Customer loyaly for 10 years.

I also bought this game on day one as I bought it for PC on steam back in the day and loved it. ( this version not as good IMO so barely played) I agree that if they had just discounted it and not given it away I wouldn’t feel as cheated. But then again I don’t think they should never give freegames away.

I see that it is not sony’s fault or anyones for that matter because thats just how business is at the moment. But the day one buyers really seem to catch the raw end of this deal all the time. this will just create a situation where noone ever buys a game when it comes out and companies fail left and right. I wish I knew a solution so I wasn’t just offering complaints but something should be done to even these situations out. (and the whole “pre-order/buy-day-1″ and get this gold gun or unlock early is a lame way to try to do it IMO.

+ gamekoning on May 14th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

ehem let me get this straight when i go to ps store i can download the kung fu full game for free?? man the best update ever!!!

+ gettinmoney662 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

@271

It’s because some guy said I probably haven’t bought a PSN game before and that’s why I don’t know why you guys are complaining.

Do you see me complaining that Bionic Commando is now half the price it was when I bought it? No, because I understand that sales and promotions happen.

Anyways, I do have a job, hence the reason why I was able to buy the games that I have. If the recession is hurting you so bad, maybe you shouldn’t be buying so many video games?

+ cell989 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

Reading all this comments makes me realize that no matter what is done some people just cant stop [DELETED]…. *sigh*

Some people just cant understand what a promotion is. Guys the game will be back at full price next week, this is just SPRINT been totally awesome. There is no one you can really complain about this to.

+ gettinmoney662 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

@278

Look up the phrase “early adopter.” People who buy things on day one always pay more than people who wait. That’s the price you pay for getting the item on the first day of its release.

+ Neville718 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

@280

what he is trying to say is… would YOU be more pissed if you paid for an item that turned up half price later on or an iten that turn up free? GET IT!!!

+ HongoXIII on May 14th, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

Go go Sony GO!!! Updates like this makes me, and many others, very happy. :D

+ mixenitup on May 14th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

@282 read my post again I wouldn’t care if it were cheaper. I know that games depreciate over time. as do cars etc. your not going to be able to conceive anything that I don’t understand. So come at me like your not just a smart alec and I may respect your opinion.

+ libregkd on May 14th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

Seriously, complaining about a free game?

Its a promotion, do you people not know what that means? The game is free for a limited time and then will return to normal price.

Seriously, every company does it. I bought a movie from Wal-Mart about a week ago for 25 bucks. This week they have it on sale for 10. Its idiotic to assume that a company is going to reimburse you because an item that you bought is currently under a promotion/sale.

+ m3v3g on May 14th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

Awesome! Thank you guys for Rag Doll Kung Fu! I’ve been wanting to play that game… I was actually getting ready to buy it earlier this week. haha good thing I waited!

+ GTAChuck on May 14th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

“PSone Classics PS3 / PSP

The King of Fighters ‘99 ($5.99)

Spyro: Year of the Dragon ($5.99)”

All right good update.
Even better than last weeks….
Wait, an SNK game.
Yay X a lot this may mean THE LAST BLADE will be put on.
I love that game.

+ libregkd on May 14th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

Also, it seems a large amount of you fail to understand that the game is only free for a week. After that everyone who wants the game has to pay for it like the early adopters did.

+ gettinmoney662 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

@283

So people can’t complain over $5 but they can complain over $10?

@285

My comment to yours was one of the few I’ve made in this blog that wasn’t a smart ass comment. It was a direct response and explanation to when you said “But the day one buyers really seem to catch the raw end of this deal all the time.”

+ Kinetic808 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

I bought Rag Doll Kung Fu the day it came out. Do i get a refund or another game for free?

+ FabiHurtz83 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

@gettin – You still don’t get it. It’s not about it being CHEAPER, it’s about it costing NOTHING and it was only released a few weeks ago. It’s not the same. Not at all. That is why I feel cheated.

The term early adopters usually only applies to hardware, not software. I don’t see Apple giving away free IPhones.

+ mixenitup on May 14th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

taken out of context i see your point. but in relation to promotional deals as that is @290
the topic of the blog. yes it is a very comon thing to say ” you early adopters get to play early that is your reward” is rediculous.

And to tell me to look up a comon phrase that all know is being a smart alec.

“Go look up the word sky so you know where clouds are”

+ Neville718 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

@ 290

im sure your or in the situation so why bother explain anything to you

+ superballa123 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

@ gettinmoney

Stop trying to be a smart ass and appreciate the value of a dollar. I got bionic commando too for $10 and I don’t feel cheated but I do with Rag Doll Kung Fu because IT WASN’T DISCOUNTED IT WAS FREE!!!

+ nandosupes on May 14th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

please Sony,release Final Fantasy VII on the PSN Store here in the U.S.

other than that,great update.keep up the good work!!.

+ Starfire07 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

I am switching to Sprint immediately. Good form.

+ DeathGazer on May 14th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

One of the best updates yet.

Thanks for the free game!

+ gettinmoney662 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

@292

So if the game was $0.99, you wouldn’t be complaining? So you’re saying that this game being offered for free is worse than someone buying a PS3 before the $100 price cut? The reason the game is free is because it was only $10 to begin with.

But like what was previously advised, wait a couple years before you buy anything. That way, you’ll never miss out on a $10 price cut again!

+ kronos262 on May 14th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

I have to comment, as I love people saying for those who supported Rag doll, can we get a refund?

How is it supporting them if you want a refund? This stuff happens all the time, and this is BUSINESS to the person who said that. This stuff happens all the time, and like someone said if it wasn’t something that was what they bought they wouldn’t be complaining. Also if it was an older game, they complain about that too!

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 12