Days Gone

May 15

May 15

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – Here are this week’s new releases and top downloads for the Video Store.

This week we’ve added the following new HD movies:

HD Movies

• Bones | Season 4
  • Dollhouse | Season 1
  • Prison Break | Season 4
  • 24 | Season 7
  • Rescue Me | Season 5
  • Rules of Engagement | Season 3

And the following feature films:

Movies

• Coyote Ugly
  • Taken: “In Character with Liam Neeson” Featurette
  • Afro Samurai Resurrection
  • Fly Me To The Moon (2D)
  • Never Back Down
  • Penelope
  • Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
  • The Grudge 3
  • Passengers
  • S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale
  • Taken
  • Taken – Extended Cut

And new video content from the following television series:

TV

• Southland | Season 1
  • Parks & Recreation | Season 1
  • The Office | Season 5
  • Smallville | Season 8
  • Supernatural | Season 4
  • TNA: iMPACT! | Season 1

And finally, here are our top downloads for the week:

Top Movies

1. The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
    2. Bolt
    3. Yes Man
    4. Bride Wars
    5. Quantum of Solace
    6. Role Models (Unrated)
    7. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    8. Bedtime Stories
    9. The Wrestler
    10. Slumdog Millionaire

Top HD Movies

1. The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
    2. Bolt
    3. Quantum of Solace
    4. Yes Man
    5. The Wrestler
    6. Bride Wars
    7. Slumdog Millionaire
    8. Bedtime Stories
    9. Doubt
    10. Role Models (Unrated)

Top TV Episodes

1. Family Guy | Season 7 “We Love You Conrad”
    2. Smallville | Season 8 “Injustice”
    3. Family Guy | Season 7 “Stew-Roids”
    4. Family Guy | Season 7 “Three Kings”
    5. Deadliest Warrior | Season 1 “Yakuza vs. Mafia”
    6. Supernatural | Season 4 “When the Levee Breaks”
    7. Family Guy | Season 7 “420”
    8. The Office | Season 5 “Cafe Disco”
    9. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 “Fatbeard”
    10. Fringe | Season 1 “The Road Not Taken”

Top HD TV Episodes

1. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 “Fatbeard”
    2. 24 | Season 7 “Day 7: 5:00AM – 6:00AM”
    3. The Office | Season 5 “Cafe Disco”
    4. 24 | Season 7 “Day 7: 4:00AM – 5:00AM”
    5. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 “Fishsticks”
    6. Dollhouse | Season 1 “Omega”
    7. Breaking Bad | Season 2 “Over”
    8. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 “The Ring”
    9. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 “The Coon”
    10. Heroes | Season 3 “An Invisible Thread”

Add Your Own

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

May 15th, 7:03 am

Bring more anime! First!

Kren420 said:

May 15th, 7:04 am

I have to say I do enjoy the selection you guys bring to this store every week, too bad I gave up on this feature coming to Canada so I have to do things the good old fashioned way and give my money to a movie store.

NewYork214 said:

May 15th, 7:06 am

i wish i have the money. id buy all the bones episodes. love that show. just finished watching season finale on hulu.

MakasuUS said:

May 15th, 7:09 am

Ah, the ugly excel screenshot is gone! good going Grace!

Ftwrthtx said:

May 15th, 7:09 am

Will subtitles ever be added?

Lucky_Johnny said:

May 15th, 7:10 am

yeah

lcmnick said:

May 15th, 7:24 am

Wow, a comments record…no C word yet…

lcmnick said:

May 15th, 7:25 am

Oh, perhaps not.

hahaha

morris1129 said:

May 15th, 7:25 am

Nice update a lot of good stuff. Just wish I lived in Canada so I would have a reason to whine…….

Nemesishunter420 said:

May 15th, 7:27 am

Whats with Canada being left out of all the NA perks? Are we not part of NA?

Time and time again Canada gets the short end of the stick.

Thx Sony

Jerommeke said:

May 15th, 7:27 am

I wished the service was in Europe. Then I could watch nice hd movies on the ps3. Pfff why is europe left alone.

and when does the europe playstation blog launch ?

zombie9 said:

May 15th, 7:32 am

WWE pay-per views please. And some one Tell Sony ADD Cannada to the video store and get some PSN card’s up there to what’s the hold up? I’m getting tired of people complaining every week and nothing happens?

King0fHearts2007 said:

May 15th, 7:33 am

Two movies I would like to see are:

Gleaming the cube
Cruel Intentions 2

Letters2Kay said:

May 15th, 7:35 am

Hi Grace :)

When will the G4 programming be making its way to the video store? I was told by one of their editors that it would be by the end of the month- can I maybe expect it next week? I’m dying for some AOTS, over here!

KSPRAYDAD said:

May 15th, 7:38 am

@12…

PSN cards are being released in Canada just before or in conjunction with E3 (what that means for vid store I don’t know).

Call your local EB Games Canada and they have them for preorder.

Grace.

Can you please comment on tying content to the PSN id so that I can buy content and be assured that it will play on refurb machines when mine goes belly up or play on my second machine that I bought.

A time line promise is not necessary at this point but a comment as to SONY’s intent would be nice.

I have been asking this question now for 7 mos and await patiently for a reply.

In the mean time, given the SONY PSN TOS, I can’t understand why anyone would BUY video content.

Nemesishunter420 said:

May 15th, 7:46 am

I don’t really care about movies unless they were free to stream. Other wise I just download them myself.

But being constantly pushed aside for content because I live in Canada is pissing me off.

Korbei83 said:

May 15th, 7:50 am

@KSPRAYDAD

Not the solution you want, but it’s not a bad idea to back up anything you download. You own it. Back it up.

I agree it is your right, and should remain so, to download the purchases you have made umpteen times to any machine you own. However, don’t count on the service to always be available to do it.

Back it up.

Kenshin71 said:

May 15th, 7:53 am

Grace, why doesn’t Sony put Afrika and Aquanauts Holiday on the PSN store? There are English versions available on disc so everything is set to go. They would be a good addition for the parents with kids demographic.

KSPRAYDAD said:

May 15th, 7:59 am

@17

The issue with the new backup functionality is that it is still tied to the machine. If my machine borks (it has done so once already) the back ups will not be playable on the replacement PS3 or new PS3 as the case may be. It is a half measure at best.

MadmanEU said:

May 15th, 8:06 am

I love digital distribution. Its unfortunate however that you will not digitally distribute to Canada.

I would gladly PAY for movies and TV shows from a reliable source (one that isn’t the Hell overlord Apple), however there is none…so I pirate every movie and television show I watch. Like I said…I would pay, but unfortunately Sony doesn’t want my money. Too bad for them.

remanutd5 said:

May 15th, 8:29 am

Hey Jeff im having trouble signing in with my ps3 , you know whats going on ??? i can sign in to playstation.com but for some reason i cant sign in here

mafia28 said:

May 15th, 8:44 am

When are gonna get get more anime on PSN, stuff like Bleach, Naruto, DBZ, Code Geass, and the Gundam series.

I think that would make a great addition to the PSN store.

MUSTANG750R said:

May 15th, 9:23 am

I wonder if Advent Children or Complete are going to pop up as a download soon, hmm?

xaos said:

May 15th, 9:25 am

Hey folks in Canada, I daresay the bilingual requirements from Quebec are to blame for you guys getting left out of lots of the USA stuff.

And I’ll add another vote in favor of subtitles being available on videos if at all possible.

Omega932000 said:

May 15th, 9:40 am

PSN cards to Europe!!! We NEED it.

androvsky said:

May 15th, 9:50 am

Any word on the ADV Films anime that they mentioned in a press release last week?

TheZed88 said:

May 15th, 10:01 am

KSPRAYDAD: I agree with you completly. The problem is, aside for the Sony Pictures content, it may not be Sony’s decision. Licensing contracts with the studios may prohibit them from allowing us to move the videos between boxes.

But I agree. Until we can, the video store is just something cool to look at for me.

Gr00v3r06 said:

May 15th, 10:17 am

Previews and Trailers for all video should be in the store. Really if you want to sell me a movie I should be able to watch the trailer right then and there. Please fix this. there are some lesser known movies that I might want to rent when broswing the store but with out seeing anything on it I will pass.
I’m not going to look up the movie in the browser and then go back to the store. Once you have me in the store keep me there.

WindedHero said:

May 15th, 10:49 am

S. Darko!? cool.

jer9gra said:

May 15th, 11:45 am

Will Notorious ever be available for rental? Great update, keep up the good work.

jipmg said:

May 15th, 12:21 pm

PLEASE BRING CODE GEASS to the PSN, I would love to buy tons of episodes, as well as the DRAGONBALL Z series

infamousXX87XX said:

May 15th, 1:57 pm

I wish I could RENT The Curious Case of Benjamin….

Wolf_Dog said:

May 15th, 2:01 pm

I’m going on a trip to jamaica this weekend and wanted to buy a movie or tv show to bring on my psp!!!!

Escept I live in CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thrasher20 said:

May 15th, 2:12 pm

Good.

MegadethAndy said:

May 15th, 2:19 pm

@ wolf_dog
If your going to Jamaica then the last thing on your mind will be a psp, so to speak lol.

The_Wildfox said:

May 15th, 2:31 pm

Get some more Anime in the store. See if you guys can get deals with other Anime Distributors like ADV or Bandai. I’d like to see more Anime brought on here.

maver1ck89 said:

May 15th, 5:03 pm

Yeah so I went to rent doubt in sd and it said the movie was only 45 minutes long. Might wanna fix that. Also I bought the christmas episode of the boondocks season 1 and the icon in my xmb is the picture from season 2. any way to fix that? Or know when it’s fixed on the store?

Krazyfoxx said:

May 15th, 7:57 pm

What happened to the movie “Passengers”?
It’s on the list, and I thought I saw a banner for it the other day, but I can’r find it in the video store anywhere.

lpjazz1369 said:

May 15th, 8:16 pm

tv shows 1hour shows cost $1.99 and 1/2 hour show cost $1.99 which is not fair 1/2 hour shows 2 for $1.99 or 1/2 hour for $1.00 think about it thanks

TURRIBLE said:

May 15th, 10:01 pm

PLAYSTATION NEEDS TO LOWER THE PRICES ON THE OLDER MOVIES FOR STANDARD AND HD!! RECESSION!!

Zezzler said:

May 16th, 8:10 am

CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA! CANADA!

Understand yet?

Tratious said:

May 16th, 6:05 pm

isn’t there supposed to be shows from ADV on the network i am wondering what happened to that?

TimeToKickAss93 said:

May 17th, 2:38 pm

i dont understand why the dont have batman begins they have all the batmans but batman begins hope you update that in there soon. also cant u guys get some great movies like saving private ryan or the die hard trilogy in there instead of crap like high school musical and bolt