PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – New Single-Player Video

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on May 15, 2009 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Hey PS.Blog readers –

In case you missed it, yesterday Gametrailers TV ran an exclusive clip of the first official Uncharted 2: Among Thieves single player footage featuring Drake scrambling through a war-torn Nepalese city in search of his new partner, Chloe. Check it out below:

Now if that gameplay footage wasn’t enough to whet your appetite, IGN just posted more than five minutes of this single player video and new story details! See even more of Drake in action as he encounters the enemies in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

+ tetsou9shima on May 15th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

Holy crap….. That looks so good. I can’t wait till the release. Good work Naughty Dog.

+ FabiHurtz83 on May 15th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

I second that. Simply amazing, after seeing KZ2, MGS4, and RE5 nothing really impresses me anymore. But this is just WOW. Makes those games look kinda bad.

+ Gringo234 on May 15th, 2009 at 4:04 pm said:

WOW I’m surprised if Assassin’s Creed fails me then I’ll get this.

By the way is going to be rated Teen or Mature?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on May 15th, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

We\’re still rating pending, but we\’re working towards being rated the same as Uncharted: Drake\’s Fortune – Teen.

+ D-Squad3 on May 15th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

Geez!!! That was so awesome! It was almost like a freaking movie! I mean Drake was so alive and he would move like a real person and make comments like a real person! The graphics are great, the water and the reflection too! OMGFG!!!

+ Gunblader_ on May 15th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

Absolutely stunning, Uncharted is still my favorite game from this generation, and it looks like this could top that. Great job Naughty Dog, I knew there was a reason you’re my favorite developer.

This reminds me, I need to go pre-order it.

+ starBlinky01 on May 15th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

God I wanted to keep watching this, its fun to just watch it.

Amazing looking game man, wow. Cant wait to buy this, day 1 for me. Also you will see me in the beta for sure ;)

Btw lol at the ‘uh oh, uh oh’ grenade part.

+ iKON53 on May 15th, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

Is intended to be rated M?

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on May 15th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

EPIC.

I am literally amazed.

DO WANT. NOW!!!

+ DustyBlue on May 15th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

I came. O_O

But in all seriousness, the game is looking INCREDIBLE. Keep up the great work, Naughty Dog.

+ BoobooJones on May 15th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

I think PS3 found its version of Gears of war btu only better!!!!!! This gaem will be sick! I can’t wait to get my code from Gamestop!+InFamous!!!!!!!!

+ jBat17 on May 15th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

uncharted rules! finished the first more than 5 times and i loved every minutes of it

oh yeah, the beta is on in 3 weeks! that only makes me happier.

+ JaKhris on May 15th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

Hey,

It really looks awesome. Uncharted : Drake’s Fortune rocked my socks off, but I can’t tell you what Uncharted 2 is going to rock off!

Thanks for making such great quality games, Naughty Dogs. :)

And I should get to the beta though FNAC (France), so thank you for that too. :)

Chris

+ IceRat23 on May 15th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

fyi the embed link they have to the new footage is the wrong link
it is the link to the multiplayer footage

here is the direct link to the new in game footage

5 mins + of in game footage

video link (embed link is the wrong one) [url]http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14225971/uncharted-2/videos/uncharted2_trl_warzone_51509.html[/url]

article link [url]http://ps3.ign.com/articles/983/983477p1.html[/url]

+ kdiep on May 15th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

Holy crap. I was always somewhat interested in Uncharted 2 but the IGN trailer totally shot that interest to the top of my wanted list. That was great! Actually reminded me A LOT about MGS4 which still remains my favorite game this generation. REALLY EXCITED NOW!

Wonder if the enemy will know your location once that grenade blew up. Cause realistically they wouldn’t unless they saw where it came from. Would be a tiny tiny bit annoying if they magically knew but doesn’t matter. Game looks freakin great! Seriously think it might be GOTY. Of course Modern Warfare 2 is gonna be a heavy competitor.

+ cybershinigami87 on May 15th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

You get my money day 1. i advise you to also drop the price on the first so more people will play it so they can get excited about this one. 30 bucks sounds good for it.

+ Apnomis on May 15th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

Wow, I was expecting Uncharted 2 to look good, given the quality of the first game, but I didn’t expect it to look THAT good! Here’s me thinking that games would struggle to top MGS4 for graphics, guess not!

I love the way it seems completely new and fresh but still has the spirit of the original – the strong colour pallet, the weapon pickup, the motion blurred CQC etc.

I think you’ve got a AAA hit and GOTY finalist on your hands there Naught Dog!

Here’s a sticky question though, the original was held up by PS3 gamers as an example of how to do a fantastic looking game without needing whopping great 3GB-5GB installs – will the same be true of Uncharted 2? Have you managed to somehow reach the graphical prowess of MGS4 without the large install sequences?

+ Fullmetal156 on May 15th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

your avatar is awesome arny lets trade.

+ Ennikguy on May 15th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

will there be an unlockable Jak costume this time around?

+ Ftwrthtx on May 15th, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

Hey Arne, we met at the GDC PS Blog meet up.

Will there be any strategy changes needed between the different difficulty levels, or will the same game plan work across all of them?

+ wuzzerWillabee on May 15th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

The motion blur has a problem and it’s not the artifacts when two objects blur into each other.

Here is an example of what I’m talking about.

It’s very apparent on the foot in the top picture. The object’s edges don’t seem to be blurring much at all, but rather leaving a transparent film in their paths.

Everything else looks amazing!!!

+ MakasuUS on May 15th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

GOY

+ MegadethAndy on May 15th, 2009 at 4:56 pm said:

Wow, looks awesome, cant wait to get it.
I hope to see some green in the game too, that made the first one look so pretty.

+ Azured_Scorpio on May 15th, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

I think I just came… to realize this is one of the most AWESOME games ever!!!

+ Pesico on May 15th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

How on earth are we going to be able to wait for this game. The most obvious day one purchase ever.

+ IceRat23 on May 15th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

changed pants after watching the new in-game footage

absolutely breathtaking …. AMAZING!!!

+ Atomika14 on May 15th, 2009 at 5:09 pm said:

I agree with #4 and #50. I cannot wait for this. I made my wife come and watch it, too.

I want this now! I love you Naughty Dog!

+ Thrasher20 on May 15th, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

Dayum, that was gorgeous!!

+ Jeigh on May 15th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

Looking pretty damn good. The very first second of the video I was thinking MGS4! (That’s a good thing.)

It’s kind of strange how having things blow up in his face and floors crumbling beneath his feet is actually pretty funny. You guys have a talent that should be exploited to the point that NGOs start sponsoring programs to get us to stop using it because it’s becoming scarce but we can’t because we’ve become dependent on it…

The platforming/climbing animations are looking fairly stiff and sudden, but I’m betting you guys are all over that. I look forward to the release- here’s to hoping the multiplayer doesn’t detract from the single player too much.

+ Skoltnik on May 15th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

Truly masterfull, naughty dog does it again…can’t wait for this game.

I love companies that you know, even before the product is out, that it will be THAT good.

+ TRIX_BOL on May 15th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

I have to admit it, you guys have done a awesome job so far. I know the game is not finished yet nor the multiplayer-beta is out, but I want to know if there is going to be a Demo version?

I’m sure this game will make a HUGE change on sales, since it will have Multipayer!

Also I would like to know if there is going to be any Special or Collector Edition?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on May 15th, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

We\’ve been looking into a LE/CE or other special version. We haven\’t made a final decision yet.

+ ANUBUSNYC on May 15th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

Wow this is going to be a busy year, This, inFAMOUS, prototype, Batman, A.A, M.A.G, can not wait thx again N.D., you guys are awesome!!!

+ un-discovered on May 15th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

my god… if it was any better.. i’d probably cry.

+ ANUBUSNYC on May 15th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

@80, good question, I am a sucker for C.E’s and L.E.’s is there gonna be one?

+ blaccat on May 15th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

I just freaked out, now i have a headache

I hold ND resposible lol

U guys are unbelievable, super superb job

U give me a headache and u about to take my money

Brilliant

+ commedieu on May 15th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

bravo naughty dog..

bra flocking vo.

+ TERMINATORvsMTRX on May 15th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

game looks absolutely brilliant… way better than the first from what I can see and the first was amazing.

+ Draicus on May 15th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

This game looks absolutely amazing.

I was never one of those people that complained about the pacing of the first title, but this… man, this video shows off a mastery of pacing that I haven’t seen before. The interplay of shooting, traversal and stealth mechanics look simply phenomenal.

Did I mention that it was beautiful? Gorgeous engine.

+ KwietStorm on May 15th, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

Great. Now I have to change my pants.

+ onisat on May 15th, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

Wow. Look’s great, keep up the good work.

+ station3fever on May 15th, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

Thanks Arne Meyer as i just leaked in my pants do to excitement (awesome) :) I really truly loved the first game so much that my money has been put aside a long time ago waiting for Uncharted 2. (i’m talking day 1 sale & i’m their in line) Will it have multi language again? that would be a nice bonus “like Uncharted 1″ Oh and great work to all you guys and ladys.

+ traininvain90 on May 15th, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

wow.. gotta love the scene!!

+ remanutd5 on May 15th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

wow …AMAZING and Arne please do include a collectors edition , do the same thing the God of War team did here in the blog , AMAZING gameplay footage guys , cant wait to play it and if you do come out with a CE im getting it for sure

+ ATOMS11 on May 15th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

Hands down, this game looks phenomenal !

+ thefjk on May 15th, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

Uncharted was the game that made me see the difference between PS2 and PS3… I’m guessing the sequel will kick a55 too!

+ phinnv8 on May 15th, 2009 at 6:45 pm said:

I daresay these graphics look better than Killzone 2… And perhaps without terrible controls I WILL be better. And get me away from playing Bad Company for a while.

Awesome work so far guys!

+ NJz-Greatest-420 on May 15th, 2009 at 6:49 pm said:

this game looks pretty good. I might buy it on the first day although i usally never buy on games the first day

+ waffman11 on May 15th, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

Awesome… just awesome. I got the Uncharted bundle at Christmas, so Uncharted was one of the first games that I played and I loved it. Since the Beta starts on my birthday, you bet that I’m getting inFAMOUS and the Beta key.

+ zooyork198 on May 15th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

OMFG!!!!! Dis looks sooooo amazing.Def gunna buy dis. Wuz hesitant till i heard bout multiplayer & now aftr seeing da ign vid i no imma buy it.

+ Nonstop_Madness on May 15th, 2009 at 7:07 pm said:

Im going to be totally serious, Uncharted 1 is probably the most well done game I have ever played. Uncharted 1 was just really immersive and fun. Nathan is a well defined character, I just wanted some more background info on Nathan in part 1. Uncharted 2 just looks insane. It looks so well done, really thought out. Great job Naughty Dog, keep it up. You guys have a serious franchise going.

+ Sponge-worthy on May 15th, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

The footage is gorgeous. But, why is Drake following Snake’s footsteps through the Middle East?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on May 15th, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

Actually, the video is set in a fictional worn-torn city in Nepal.