PS4-Watch_Dogs

inFAMOUS Hitting the Big Screen this Friday – UPDATED!

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar + Posted by Asad Qizilbash on May 18, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

UPDATE: Get your inFAMOUS questions ready because we just locked down this Wednesday afternoon for a live chat with Sucker Punch! Head back early Wed afternoon for more details.

So with only 8 days left until inFAMOUS hits the stores, I wanted to share with you some quick updates.

Sucker Punch have created a 4-part comic that chronicles the days following that fateful blast that changed Cole’s life forever. Part 1 of 4 is already out, check IGN HERE for the final parts when they’re released.

inFamous comic

Now if any of you are planning to watch Terminator Salvation this weekend, be on the lookout for the inFAMOUS 30-sec commercial that will be running in theaters nationwide from May 22nd to May 28th.

inFAMOUS (On top of building) trailer screenshot

Not long to wait now…but just a reminder that you can get your hands on inFAMOUS before it comes out by playing the official demo that goes live on the PSN this Thursday. Hope you enjoy it.

That’s it for now!

118 Comments

+ Gamester101 on May 18th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

Nice avatar dude!
CHELSEA FTW

Also inFamous owns :O

+ Sulack on May 18th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

@ 47

response

+ jipmg on May 18th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

The best advertising you guys have done this gen so far..

+ wizeguy22 on May 18th, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

“IN A WORLD” “WHERE” “PLAYSTATION 3 is THE! MUST OWN CONSOLE” ……….. “A NEW GAME” “RISES” “TO SATISFY YOUR THIRST FOR AWESOMENESS” …………….”BECOME FAMOUS” “OR”……….”BECOME”………….”inFAMOUS”

+ dam6655 on May 18th, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

I am not sure if I am getting this game or not. I am waiting to try the demo. If I do like it I might get it in a month or so.

+ mckg123456789 on May 18th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

please do a blog like this for cross edge bc i am planning on getting cross edge and infamous. Please RESPOND ID YOU GUYS ARE DOING A BLOG POST ON CROSS EDGE!

+ shaksnet on May 18th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

Just what #3 said.

I have been undecided (first time it happened with a PS3 exclusive) about whether to pre-order or not. I didn’t. I guess i’ll know for sure when i play the demo on Thursday.

I really wish the demo was made available for free on PSN a few weeks before now. This would have boosted the pre-orders.

Anyways, let’s FINALLY see what Sucker Punch has been up to. For now, i have no comments about what to expect and no words of joy or regret. I am totally neutral about this game. This demo better be good!

+ TakiFuGu on May 18th, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

inFamous is going to kick Bionic Commando’s ass! Go out and support the exclusive people. If you want BC just wait until it hits the bargain bins. LOL Capcom haven’t been good to us PS3 fans anyways.

IGN:
inFamous 9.2/10
Bionic Commando 8/10

+ Ausohoj on May 18th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

@ 58

Here’s a better exapple:

Game informer:

inFAMOUS = 9

Bionic Commando = 6

See the difference?

+ evildude683 on May 18th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

I just hope Jeff is not that bias on the questions like the last time….
I really hope that comments like “NHL rulezz” and “I want a burrito” don’t get trough..

+ KSPRAYDAD on May 18th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

@58…

I’m surprised BC got that high!

That comic is BEGGING to be a downloadable off the PSN store.

Will we be seeing more strategy guides ala Killzone on the store for Infamous? (THAT would actually make a good pre-order bonus rather than HOME costumes IMO)

To Canadians,

Bestbuy is having a Pre Order sale of 10% off bringing it to $62.99 but you have to pay for shipping $2 :(

+ rocketdn on May 18th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

Its to bad there is no online, but its still a must buy for me day 1.

+ lebron_accel on May 18th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

I dont want to read it sry, i will give me major spoilers and it will ruin the game 4 me LOL, but the comic series is getting nice!

+ remanutd5 on May 18th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

wow , finally sony doing some serious advertising , good to know , dont forget guys to include ” in game footage” in all tv ads from all sony exclusives , and i hope they do the same for Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles, Uncharted 2 , God of War3 , Ratchet and Clank and all the awesome exclusives that playstation have

+ KoRn555 on May 18th, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

glad to see that there are still game comericals around, i havent seen a real gaming comerical on tv in some time now…

+ Knight0011 on May 18th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

Fellow Canadians! Order inFAMOUS for only $57.72!! at http://gameaccess.ca/
$2.99 for shipping, but it is way cheaper than $69.99.

+ CruzaderXL on May 18th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

Alright first game to get some actual marketing. Go SONY!

Hope this is just a glimpse of what SONY will do to their 1st party titles from now on.

+ Cagalli on May 18th, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

Nice to see you guys doing some smart marketing for once.

+ Andronicus on May 18th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

nice marketing plan

+ digplans on May 18th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

SNAP! Can’t wait for this.

+ KILLZONE79 on May 18th, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

Live chat wednesday not fair, i work during the afternoon, cant you guys make this live chat during the evening say about 7pm centeral time?

+ hife on May 18th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

re: live chat on Wednesday

Oh my gosh, I’ll actually be free to attend a live chat for once! Now I’ve just got to think of some questions…

+ NightHawk17 on May 18th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

Great advertisement, hopefully you guys do this with more first party titles

+ Rinaldus91 on May 18th, 2009 at 6:56 pm said:

Super stoked to see you guys are making all the marketing moves. I’m excited to see a inFAMOUS trailer in theaters.

+ NewYork214 on May 18th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

good idea. should sell some extra units hopefully. wish i had the money to buy this game. only a rent until i can find a job

+ tokyfly on May 18th, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

ADVICE!!!

DONT USE IN-GAME MODELS, USE HQ CGI
IT LOOKS BETTER ON A BIG SCREEN.

GOOD LUCK.

+ ADR143 on May 18th, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

man cant w8 for it!

+ Kenshin71 on May 18th, 2009 at 7:10 pm said:

Make sure to do a simultaneous Youtube release so it spreads on the Web.

+ iExile on May 18th, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

Get this kind of advertising for all of your big games Sony, not just Infamous. I’m not telling you to be like Microsoft when it comes to games, ’cause they have none in comparison to us, but be like them in the sense that they know how to advertise their games. Killzone 2 had very poor marketing, in my honest opinion. Shame because it was a big budget title. Please don’t make the same mistake with Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, MAG, etc.

+ viva_futbol93 on May 18th, 2009 at 7:22 pm said:

chelsea should have beaten barcelona oh well

+ RandomBeast on May 18th, 2009 at 7:40 pm said:

Wil there be DLC of any kind following inFAMOUS’ release?

+ hawknelson on May 18th, 2009 at 7:40 pm said:

First off, I must say this is amazing advertising!

How long will the live chat last? Like, from when to when?

+ JuanDHexen on May 18th, 2009 at 7:57 pm said:

Very nice news;love when Sony advertises.Might have to see a movie just to see the trailer but which movie?

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on May 18th, 2009 at 7:57 pm said:

I’ll buy this if You Buy Slant six games and fix Socom for us.

I’m buying this anyways but my favorite is hurtin now and I’m losing interest in it. This will be a FUN game to play. I love the Demo. Have been as far as I can go everywhere in it.

+ red5ive on May 18th, 2009 at 8:18 pm said:

i’m not gonna be able to play inFamous when it comes out. why? because my console got the damn YLOD!!! CRAP!

+ headwing45 on May 18th, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

LIVE CHAT WITH TEAM ICO! hehe I no that will never happen, but I hoope they announce there new game at E3!

+ WuIfHound on May 18th, 2009 at 8:37 pm said:

Must Buy Game+Terminator Salvation Commercial+Uncharted 2 Beta=EPIC WIN… Keep it up Sony!!!

+ Axecution on May 18th, 2009 at 8:41 pm said:

wow. From 50-my comment (51) is the longest time gap i’ve ever seen between posts on the blog for an article that’s first on the front page. >.>

But anyway. inFAMOUS is looking insanely good. Cant wait. :D

+ I_am_rushin on May 18th, 2009 at 8:41 pm said:

Hey Jeff, could we get a hi-res version of the picture with Cole on the sign?

+ Axecution on May 18th, 2009 at 8:41 pm said:

Edit: Nevermind. xD Didn’t notice Pg 2. Now i look like a retard…

+ stlthriot on May 18th, 2009 at 9:18 pm said:

The draw distance looks better in that trailer screenshot than it was in the demo. ;)

I’m assuming the game engine but something like the Killzone commercial perhaps.

+ nuness1988 on May 18th, 2009 at 9:32 pm said:

BAH! I have finals on Wed!

+ alaM0000 on May 18th, 2009 at 10:09 pm said:

Can’t Wait to see TERMINATOR SALVATION!!! :P

+ gottn211 on May 18th, 2009 at 10:14 pm said:

Son of a! I’m not at mine PS3 on Thursday. Hope i can still download it on Sunday or Monday :)

+ Jeff257 on May 18th, 2009 at 10:36 pm said:

Great move Sony. Now my question is since the movie releases on the 21st will the ad not play until the 22nd or are those of us who see it earlier goign to be able to see this ad as well? I bought my ticket for the midnight showing on wed/thurs so I hope to see this ad. Im already buying the game though but still would love to see people’s reactions during the ad. Also a lot of people who are more inclined to buy this type of game go to the midnight showings.

+ unbornsoldier on May 18th, 2009 at 11:25 pm said:

major props sony and sucker punch :),thats the way to advertise a game,hope this is a sign of great things to come on the advertising department,cant wait for the live video chat,props jeff keep up the great work,def day 1 buy for me

+ Guen on May 19th, 2009 at 12:52 am said:

Any change we see the comic in a store? on real papper? That would be awsome!

+ Onna76_NL on May 19th, 2009 at 4:37 am said:

I think this game will sell “nopes” in Holland, Belgium and other countries, unless its an UK version. No English input, WTF?! We’re not freaking Germany!!

A good thing I import games from the US / UK. I refuse to play a game in “Dutch”.

+ PixelSoldier on May 19th, 2009 at 5:12 am said:

Wow, a smart advertising move by Sony? The Robot Apocalypse must be just around the corner!

All kidding aside, its about time Sony did something like this for their first-party exclusives. I’ve always thought that it would make sense to show video game trailers in the theater. It would be great if we see this kind of marketing push on for Uncharted 2, Gran Turismo 5 and God of War 3. Here’s hoping that the inFamous spot takes the place of that “Expression of Joy” BMW commercial.

+ Sindred on May 19th, 2009 at 5:41 am said:

Definitely looking forward to Thursday. My game is paid off, but playing it a week early will be a treat. Good job Sucker Punch. Naughty, Sucker, and Insomniac have yet to let me down.