PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

MotorStorm Arctic Edge – Your Questions Answered

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 19, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

After two console-based racing adventures on PS3, MotorStorm finally goes portable this fall with MotorStorm Arctic Edge. You had questions about the environment, multiplayer, and how developer BigBig Studios (Pursuit Force) is going to shrink the game without compromising the action. Fortunately, Game Director Richard Ogden was up to the task.

So, what do you think?

We’ve now shared all of our pre-E3 Q&A sessions, save for one. Look for our Heavy Rain interview next week.

PAGE 1 2

+ BigGrippa on May 19th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

Cool. I’m glad to see ps3 games like this going portable.

+ Ejsponge61 on May 19th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

First!!!

+ Ejsponge61 on May 19th, 2009 at 5:43 pm said:

Dang. Well any way, looks awesome can’t wait!

+ jipmg on May 19th, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

What do I think?

I think that I KNOW im getting this game for PSP, loving the support you guys are giving PSP and the legendary PS2

+ DJ_DTM on May 19th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

Love it, gotta have it.

+ Jeigh on May 19th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

Seems like he (or should I say “they”?) know what they’re doing. Racers really aren’t my thing(it took me three or four controllers before I realized that in its entirety), but the game is definitely looking nice. I think taking it to the arctic is actually quite clever from a graphical perspective. My best wishes for the release. :)

+ tagout on May 19th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

I want more info on MAG and MW2! Get them interviews ready, Jeff.

+ Irishmandkg on May 19th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

Will this game be different on the ps2? or will it be the same as on psp. I have a psp, ps3, and a ps2 and I would love to play this on my ps2 rather than on my psp(control choice for me)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 19th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

One major difference: PS2 will feature split screen mp.

+ Axecution on May 19th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

Shweeeet. >.>

+ joostin on May 19th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

Getting it for sure. but still wish the PSP had motion controls. MS won’t be the same without them.

+ VincentVendetta on May 19th, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

So if you go into “Deep Snow”, it’s gonna cool your boost meter?

That doesn’t really make much sence.

+ AceNet2 on May 19th, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

Another great interview Jeff, I love these dev interviews! Keep em coming. BTW what the heck does your shirt say?

+ XxDeathDoctorxX on May 19th, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

hey can u bring that psp game to the ps3 it looks great :-)plz and are you guys working on another motor storm and if so make a remake of this one looks great

+ Kren420 on May 19th, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

I love your crazy spanish playstation shirt I believe it says Live in your world, Play in ours?

+ Jack-Bauer-89 on May 19th, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

Looking good

*needs to get back into pacific rift*

+ Edd on May 19th, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

think about this… urban motorstorm, think of like… war torn overpasses and broken bridges racing through pariking complexes, you could have destructible sky scrapers falling apart, having to dodge debris… i think it would be awesome

+ njbowser on May 19th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

Can’t wait, the game looks great so far.

@2 Ha! Fail!

+ Liquid-PSN on May 19th, 2009 at 6:12 pm said:

If u Sony dont make anything against piracy the sales of this game are going to be: 3,000 or less..

+ EddyxMob on May 19th, 2009 at 6:12 pm said:

Wheres the Bioshock 2 Q&A? T_T

but awesome interview

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on May 19th, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

Shooting it soon! Their team is very busy.

+ Kulhu on May 19th, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

Totaly COOL!!

+ Drake1416 on May 19th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

HOLY CRAP! Any room for suggestion?

How about….CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS!…?!

Can you imagine flying down an icy slope listening to Rise Against or Pendulum?….or Stompbox? (JK)

Please BigBig!!! The only racing, or any game on PSP for that matter, that has custom soundtracks is Race Driver. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Codemasters but an extreme, hardcore racing simulator just isn’t for me, or in my opinion, custom firmware.

What do you think, Jeff?

+ Drake1416 on May 19th, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

OOPS. Not firmware, soundtracks! =P

Please don’t ban me for a typo. T_T

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on May 19th, 2009 at 6:38 pm said:

So will this be like Patapon2 and be a digital download? It seems to me as this is the direction that Sony PlayStation is turning towards for the psp. Also will this work on the new Eight Gigabyte psp?

+ arkangel220 on May 19th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

I would very much like their to be custom soundtracks, they will help broaden the experience

+ Reginthorn on May 19th, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

This is why I love the PlayStation blog!

+ LukaX23 on May 19th, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

I’m considering buying a PSP again just for all these great new PSP games coming out. :)

+ LUGIEZ on May 19th, 2009 at 6:45 pm said:

is that the guy from flight of the concords?

+ NEJI64 on May 19th, 2009 at 6:49 pm said:

i want to get a PSP bad but it seem like its a new PSP out every 16-32 months. so i guess i will wait after E3 to see what Aces Sony have under there sleeves. its going to be hard cause its $440 worth of PS3 game coming out this holiday.

+ BLipp17 on May 19th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

seem to be wearing that shirt in a lot more interviews Jff. THat a hint that the “Live in your world, Play in ours” ad campaign might be coming back? :P

+ I_am_rushin on May 19th, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

So are websites still allowed to reveal Heavy Rain info on the 22nd?

+ digplans on May 19th, 2009 at 6:56 pm said:

Woo, go Motorstorm. I don’t have a PSP so I don’t really care, but I certainly appreciate that you’re delivering content to people who do have a PSP!

Haha, but I noticed the mention at the bottom about the Heavy Rain announcement. I can hardly contain my excitement.

Guh… back to writing my essay…

+ ajpfeif on May 19th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

Hey Jeff
Are you guys going to post videos of Sony’s E3 session on the Playstation Store like you did last year?
That was really cool…

+ inveigle on May 19th, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

PSN login! Great! :)

+ Sgt_Cortez on May 19th, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

There will be a PS Store version, like Patapon 2? If the answer is YES!, i’ll buy it on day one.

And Resistance Retribution, will hit US PS Store, like Euro and Japan?

I’m crazy about this game, but will not buy it on UMD.

Regards

+ Midgetguy on May 19th, 2009 at 7:07 pm said:

SWEET! This game is looking VERY cool! At first I was skeptical about Motorstorm on the PSP, but it’s looking good! I like how there’s infrastructure online play AND a way for a group of friends to pass one PSP around… That’s pretty cool! You can definately expect me to pick this one up for my favorite portable around the time it comes out!

Off topic… sort of: Heavy Rain interview next week?! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! Heavy Rain is my most anticipated title for 2009! (so far) Three words:
I
Can’t
Wait

+ IIIKAGEIII on May 19th, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

the video showed in home looks hot. one of the must have games on psp imo.

+ Ftwrthtx on May 19th, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

Nice interview.

+ remanutd5 on May 19th, 2009 at 7:23 pm said:

many THANKS Jeff my question was the first , i appreciated it ,i have a feeling that there will be some sort of interactivity between Arctic Edge , Monument alley and Pacific Rift even if just to unlock cars from the ps3 games , can you imagine Monster trucks in Arctic Edge?? EPIC!!!!!, i won in the motorstorm pacific rift photo contest so i finally gonna have a motorstorm tshirt without having to pay for it lol and since im a Huge Motorstorm fan and i have a 60 gb ps3 im getting Arctic Edge for my psp and ps3 , one thing though you really have the nerves to say go arsenal???? man we crushed them both games lol

+ Schnacky on May 19th, 2009 at 7:24 pm said:

What I would like to know is if it would be possible to release this on the PSN Store and have it playable on the PS3.

That would be awesome.

+ fgump2112 on May 19th, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

thanks for these great dev interviews. I am SO looking forward to this game.

PSP is a great machine and I am glad SONY is finally doing some good stuff with it and for it!

+ EddyxMob on May 19th, 2009 at 7:40 pm said:

Thanks Jeff for the Update

+ PullusPardusUS on May 19th, 2009 at 7:40 pm said:

Richard Ogden FTW!

+ PullusPardusUS on May 19th, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

Btw i think all PSP games should be PSN Login now… cause i cant play R&C online =[, i didnt get my network access code.

+ mckg123456789 on May 19th, 2009 at 7:44 pm said:

Nice to see motorstorm going portable. Now PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO DO AN answer QUESTIONS ABOUT CROSS EDGE, PLEASE ITS A PS3 EXCLUSIVE WHY ARE YOU GUYS REGECTING A GAME LIKE THAT!?

+ FoomMan on May 19th, 2009 at 7:46 pm said:

1) Will the PSP version support custom soundtracks/screen shots? I know it’s a long shot, but I figured I’d ask.

2) Will the PS2 version support online multiplayer?

3) With the bar set so high with the first two games, how difficult has it been to measure up on the less-powerful hardware?

+ ProSoldier14 on May 19th, 2009 at 7:46 pm said:

Thanks for asking my question Jeff. :)

+ mckg123456789 on May 19th, 2009 at 7:47 pm said:

and yes i am going to get this after ff D, just please answer my question about anything new on CROSS EDGE LIKE YOU GUYS DO WITH THIS GREAT GAME GOING PORTABLE DO THAT WITH CROSS EDGE PLEASE ATLEAST REPLY TO MY QUESTION, if you can if not thats fine

+ gus_xl on May 19th, 2009 at 7:53 pm said:

Definitely a good looking game. I’m gald to see more multiplayer games on the PSP using the PSN login. Good Stuff.

+ norm01 on May 19th, 2009 at 7:57 pm said:

For the “Why Alaska?” question, I think some small amount of credit needs to be given to the US PlayStation Motorstorm boards.. I remember when Motorstorm Monument Valley came out, a lot of us Motorstorm Lunatics were posting about what we’d love to see for the franchise in the future, and snow was always one of the features we wanted. :P

+ Thrasher20 on May 19th, 2009 at 7:58 pm said:

Nice to see a new PSP exclusive

PAGE 1 2