Ratchet & Clank PS4

May 26

Cross Edge slashes to PS3s today: Trophies await!

Nao Zook's Avatar Posted by Nao Zook on May 26, 2009 // PR/Marketing Coordinator, NIS America, Inc

Hi everyone! This is Nao Zook from NIS America. As of today (May 26th), Cross Edge has officially been released! Yes!!

Cross Edge is a dream-come-true RPG for hardcore gamers. It is the first RPG on PLAYSTATION 3 that has 5 different companies collaborating for one incredible adventure! You’ll see some familiar faces from Darkstalkers (Capcom); Disgaea (Nippon Ichi Software); Ar tonelico (Bandai Namco); Atelier Marie and Mana Khemia 2 (Gust); and Spectral Souls (Idea Factory). And all the characters are playable. Isn’t that cool?

You can also collect costumes for all the different characters, and their stats and abilities will change depending on which costume they are wearing. And when you change costumes on female characters, their appearance will also change! It’s really cute! If you are into these characters, Cross Edge is a must-have!

I would also like to talk a bit about the battle system. Cross Edge has a unique hybrid battle system that combines a classic RPG setup with an intuitive grid-based SRPG style. In battle, a square grid will appear beneath the units, and players can move their characters around during their combat phase. Some units are better at close combat and others at ranged combat, so players must strategically move their units to battle enemies. Enemy units will also move around the grid in order to defeat you, so you will have to be alert at all times to fight effectively.

So, many RPG fans have been looking forward to Cross Edge, and I hope you all pick up a copy and start playing today :-) As with many other PS3 games, Cross Edge comes with a slew of awesome trophies. So today, I would like to give you a sneak peek at the requirements to acquire the Bronze, Silver, and Gold trophies!

First of all, there are a total of 23 trophies; 5 of them are Bronze, 11 of them are Silver, and 7 of them are Gold. After acquiring them all, you will of course receive the Platinum trophy. So then, I suppose there are actually 24 trophies!

Here is the list of trophies, along with their descriptions! Some of the trophy titles are pretty funny, so I hope you’ll get a laugh, chuckle, or even giggle out of them :-)

Bronze – The Entitled: Unlock any trophy.
Bronze – The Bully: Defeat 100 enemy units.
Bronze – The Newbie: Survive 35 battles.
Bronze – The Badass: Exceed 10,000 points of total damage.
Bronze – The Juggler: Exceed a 50-hit combo!
Silver – The Skywalker: Reach 300 AGI. (Equipment’s effect doesn’t count.)
Silver – The Meat Shield: Reach 300 VIT. (Equipment’s effect doesn’t count.)
Silver – The Juicer: Reach 300 STR. (Equipment’s effect doesn’t count.)
Silver – The Know-It-All: Reach 300 INT. (Equipment’s effect doesn’t count.)
Silver – The Gambler: Reach 300 LCK. (Equipment’s effect doesn’t count.)
Silver – The Stalker: Unlock all character profiles. (Use the % on the upper-right screen)
Silver – The Patron: Unlock all gallery art. (Use the % on the upper-right screen)
Silver – The God of Death: Defeat 3,000 enemy units.
Silver – The Highlander: Survive 900 battles.
Silver – The World Champ: Exceed 1,000,000 points of total damage!
Silver – The Aggressor: Exceed a 400-hit combo.
Gold – The Gun Runner: Collect every type of weapon.
Gold – The Battle Ready: Collect every type of armor.
Gold – The Fashionista: Collect every type of accessory.
Gold – The Packrat: Collect every type of item.
Gold – The Grave Robber: Find 150 hidden items using Search.
Gold – The Dood: Earn the true ending. (Unlocked after the true ending.)
Gold – The Hikikomori: Earn every single title. (Unlocked when all the title are given at the guild. Each title is counted when unlocked, so if you don’t do this task from the beginning, you may not reach the point.)

Let me explain what “Hikikomori” means. In Japan, they call a person who stays at home all the time and never really interacts with other human beings “Hikikomori”. I guess a literal translation would be “a being confined” and “social withdrawal”. You’ll definitely have to stay home for days in order to earn all the in-game titles. So, you’ll certainly earn the title of Hikikomori :-) Thanks in advance for playing Cross Edge that much! Hehe.

Anyway, you’ve got a lot of work ahead of you to earn that Platinum trophy! Good luck!

Before I let you all go, I would also like to share some information about the upcoming downloadable content for Cross Edge. We’re currently working on the DLC, and there will be new costumes for the girls, powerful items, extra dungeons, and lots more! We’ll let you know when it will be available as the DLC release date approaches.

Cross Edge

Thank you again for your support! Have a good day! And I hope you all enjoy Cross Edge!

PS. Please visit the Official Cross Edge website for the gameplay info, character bios, and more!

Kindest regards,

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Zildon on May 27th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

Does this game feature HDD installation?

Thanks for all your answers, you’ve been really helping us.I really appreciate that :)

+ Feiwaltan on May 27th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

Why won’t there be a demo for this game? It would help many people decide weather or not to buy this game based on that, especially since its a different type of game.

+ ShinBattousai on May 27th, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

Thank you NIS and Nao for bringing this RPG to the PlayStation 3. I ordered my copy from Rosenqueen so I could get the bonus postcards. I can’t wait to play the game and I’m sure I will be looking forward to the DLC you guys put out. Please continue to put games on PS3. Thanks!

+ Menchi on May 27th, 2009 at 9:51 pm said:

Hello Nao

I was wondering whether you had any information in regards to a UK/European localization of this title?

I’m a very big fan of NIS, and Cross Edge looks great, and it’d be a pleasure to continue to support you in making more amazing games.

Also, I know there’s been quite a few questions about Disgaea 3 getting trophies, but do you know when Europe will recieve this patch too?

Thanks for your time

+ ShinBattousai on May 27th, 2009 at 10:32 pm said:

Here is a nice review I read for those of you waiting to see some reviews before you buy the game:

+ gaara_uchiha90 on May 28th, 2009 at 2:18 am said:

Hey Nao and Jeff, do any of you know how long the game is. I just purchased it Tuesday and I was just wondering how long the fun will last cause usually RPG’s are VERY long which is definitely a plus. Also, are there any cg scenes other than the intro. I see the slots that state there’s 24 but I hope those are not the outfit change scenes. Anyways, great game, you guys definitely delivered!

+ ventuz on May 28th, 2009 at 5:25 am said:

I bought the game yesterday, it’s deep learning curve but I’m enjoying trying out new things as I go. But I’m disappointed to find a glitch in game already, how did it slip into final production? The glitch was error “The access license is not found on file” appears repeatly like 30 times when I try to make it go away by pressing X til it finally loads game. Is there any patch on the way?

+ LokeSTL on May 29th, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

FYI – The condition for “The Entitled” trophy should be “Unlock any title”.

+ Ramms on May 29th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

Im glad there are gonna be Japanese voices ! cuz English ones doesnt sound nice

+ MGO_Count on May 30th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

I really want this game. Does the length of this game like Disgaea 2? Or Ar tonelico hours.

Disgea was addicting and obviously can last more than 200 hours if you have the patience and the time. And it is really worth it!

Getting 100% on this game is hard Nao? (For the trophies)

+ Edgeblademav on May 31st, 2009 at 2:06 am said:

When or Will this arrive in New Zealand Coz I REALLY! want this game badly

+ Vanillamagic on June 1st, 2009 at 12:08 am said:

I just got the game earlier in the week and i love it. different battle system is awesome. and how they bring all the different characters is in cool.

I was too wondering will the DLC get released some time this month, since the game was released.

I sorta understand why a majority of the girls have alt. costumes. but i don’t understand why the guys can’t have alt. ones too.

+ MPRHWBMHSEL on June 1st, 2009 at 3:32 am said:

@137 The guys do have some alt. costumes but not very many to choose from. There won’t be any dlc costumes for them though. I think when they were making this game in Japan they were just a lot more focused on getting the girls as sexy as possible with many outfits to choose from to unlock or buy from the PSN store.

I also do wonder how long it will be before we see the DLC for this game. NISA is probably used to putting up the DLC thanks to Disgaea 3 so it shouldn’t take as long but only NISA knows when they will be available.

Anyways this game is totally awesome and is quite amazing

+ MPRHWBMHSEL on June 1st, 2009 at 3:38 am said:

@135 The trophies are pretty challenging to get and honestly like the gold and silver trophies those will take forever to get but, it does make getting the platinum for this game worth it just like trying to obtain the platinum for Disgaea 3.

+ MPRHWBMHSEL on June 1st, 2009 at 3:40 am said:

@134 That’s your opinion just like I prefer English language and text but we all have our opinions.

+ perrandy on May 26th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

any probs with the shipping? because i was just contacted by gamestop telling me that the game isnt arriving until monday afternoon!

+ Tredogg14TK on May 26th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

will there be a demo for this game?

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on May 26th, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

Hello Tredogg14TK,

Unfortunately, no. :-(

+ LokeSTL on May 26th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

@Nao Zook

Thank you for stopping by the blog and answering some questions. We appreciate Disgaea 3 and Cross Edge, and look forward to more PS3 RPGs from NISA in the future. Keep them coming and we’ll keep buying them. :)

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on May 26th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

Thank you so much!! :-)

+ Destiny89 on May 26th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

Thanks for your reply jeff and Nao are you guys going to bring atelier rorona to NA?? please! this game looks really good and i played all the last 3 atelier games.
Thanks and u guys keep on bringing RPG’s to ps3 :)

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on May 26th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

Thanks for taking the time to post here on the blog. I’ve been really looking forward to this game. I’m going to buy it as soon as I can. I’m going to have a real hard time picking my party though with all these awesome characters

This is a little off topic and possibly premature but any word on whether NISA will be localizing Trinity Universe after it’s release in Japan? I can’t wait to see Flonne, Prinny and Etna in all their 3D glory ^,^

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on May 26th, 2009 at 11:19 pm said:

Hello RurouniSaiya-jin,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post! I hope it was helpful even a little bit!

Trinity Universe… I hope so! I mean, it looks pretty cool. And, having NIS characters in the game, NISA should localize it, right? But I cannot say for sure that we will. I guess we will have to wait and see!

Mean while, I hope you\’ll enjoy Cross Edge!

+ OverlordLaharl on May 26th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

Just wanna say a big thank you to Nao for coming here and answer ALL of ours questions. We don’t see that often here and we appreciate it! Especially since this game is really awesome! Been playing the japan demo for months now lol I wanna be your new friend :D You too Jeff we really like you here… but Nao is just better than you… at least SHE didn’t got me to eat a cake, post it on facebook… then told me i was too late for some beta on some game name Fat Princess. Of course i am not bitter about it, why should i be…

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on May 26th, 2009 at 11:21 pm said:

Hello OverloadLaharl,

Yay for me, :-( for Jeff… he he :-p

+ Sekoku on May 26th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

Nao Zook replied on May 26, 2009 at 3:17 pm
Hello Tredogg14TK,
Unfortunately, no. :-(

Probably no sale then. It sucks that Japan got a demo and it got pulled so no one (even if they had no Japanese language experience) can try the game out.

+ wolvyfactor on May 26th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

I had mild interest in this but Capcom characters??? I am so there!

+ Jedah_PR on May 26th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

I got extremely excited when I read that a new RPG was coming to PS3 and available NOW, but unfortunately after watching that video, I got turned off by the PS2 graphics…

Sorry but I’ll have to pass on this one. If I want PS2 – PSP graphics on my games, then I’ll buy them for those consoles/handhelds.

My PS3 is for “next gen” gaming/graphics.

+ SarshelYam on May 26th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

Nao! It was so good seeing you at the Holy Drunken Shenanigans Badman! event last month. Please tell me you’ll be stopping by to share Badman! with everyone here soon…perhaps after we get back from E3?

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on May 26th, 2009 at 11:26 pm said:

Hello SaeshelYam,

Hey ya! So, sounded like I saw you at the event last month, but I cannot tell who you are from the name!! But yes, I hope I can visit here again to talk more about Badman;)

Ahh, E3. Hopefully, before! Yeah, I am going to kill myself by doing this. haha

Email me so I know who you are:-)

Good night!

+ mckg123456789 on May 26th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

THXS for the response NAO:D and @ jedah_PR which im guessing your from puerto rico, que la que! well about the graphics, i was turned ofF by it my self until i saw the REAL gameplay trailers(sorry nisa but you guys need to add a better intro to a game with hd sprits aka: better info trailerS lol) then i started reading what it had to offer and it blew me away! this game has so much combos and gameplay in it im surprise that they put it in HD. go to there main website and read more about it and see the movies. especially the combos of magic and physical attack moves. there awesome and theres so much to do that, like he said 100 hours without DLC with events, making new weapons, mixing over 100 combos, mix different ingrediants to gain new stuff, and ALOT MORE!

+ mckg123456789 on May 26th, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

their awesome. sorry typo lol

+ hyperslug on May 26th, 2009 at 4:53 pm said:

Will this be released on PSN? (my blu-ray drive is busted)

+ midnightshade on May 26th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Man, have to wait till tomorrow… 2 trips to the gamestore in two days…got infamous, and will get this tomorrow. I hope more ps3 rpgs get released and I hope M$ stops bribing companies — it almost feels like they are bribing them to not release in North America. At least Nisa and Atlus have our back. Thanks Nisa for bringing this over here..Can’t wait to play it!

+ Admiralvic on May 26th, 2009 at 5:09 pm said:

much like post #2, i went to several stores today in hopes of finding it, mostly using the places listed by Sony as “having it” (just because its not listed online doesn’t mean its not there!) so after going to around 60 – 80 stores, i came home empty handed =\ so i hope tomorrow goes better…

more so on topic, i want to just say, it sounds good as i have come to expect from Nippon ichi (have bought every makai series game so far =3, and bought my ps2/psp/ps3 over them x3) so i really cant wait to try the next one (already beat the psp port of disgaea 2, all the way to pringar x gou, so i hope this one has as much game play as ive come to expect too ^^)… but i do wonder, since a lot of the japanese DLC were free, will some if any of it be free? i only ask because several free ones over there, were not over here (nothing wrong with that, just wondering)

cant wait to see your reply! =3

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on May 26th, 2009 at 11:31 pm said:

Hello Admiralvic,

I\’m sorry that you couldn\’t get Cross Edge today. It was shipped to retailers today, so hopefully you can get it tomorrow!

As for DLC, I believe there will be free ones. :-)

+ midnightshade on May 26th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

@ 87 Jedah_PR :

Come on Disgaea 3 was alos sprite based with 3d environments. Don’t knock the game until you try it. There are other rpgs coming that are hyper-realistic, but let me ask you this. Do you want to wait 4 years for each rpg like with ff13? I sure don’t be thankful that games like this and disgaea 3 are being relased! They pack them full of game play and rpg goodness. If you love rpgs you will not care if they use sprites. They can create more games in a shorter time and not have to sell as many so they can try new innovative things in the games.

I challenge you to give this or Disgaea a try and not just a 10min try either. I am sure after playing for a few hours, if you love rpgs your mind will be changed. PS2 does not look like this either….I just got a ps2 last month and it looks like crap on my hd display, scan-lines, ghosting on motion, blurry graphics, etc… PS3 games == super sharp and vibrant! this game has that,and it has charm and is probably jam packed with rpg items, enemies, and gameplay. I love rpgs and any true rpg lover shouldn’t care too much about the graphics!

+ PullusPardusUS on May 26th, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

More RPGS is always good!
tho i still didnt buy Disgaea 3 =[ im 100% sure thats what im getting next along with this game next time i get my paycheck.

but i hate you guys for making the disgaea games so addicting >.<, it made me go Hikikomori all the way.

+ Nosajk on May 26th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

Thats great, too bad here where I live the game comes out tomorrow, still nice job NIS! I’m gonna pick up my reservation tomorrow.

BTW JEF.. please! keep pushing Namco Bandai to bring Tales of Vesperia to USA!

+ Jango_Wolf on May 26th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

Looks very interesting… I would pick it up but I’m to busy playing Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Totaly checking this out also holy invasion of privacy badman!

And cool/interesting trophie names are a plus! I’m so going to be a Hikikomori.

PSP! Its like a nut you can take outside.

+ Illusionary99 on May 26th, 2009 at 7:18 pm said:

@96: Not forgetting Europe!

+ Dragun619 on May 26th, 2009 at 11:25 pm said:

Hey I heard you guys are bringing Demon Souls to NA, Any word of a release date or when we can expect it to be released?

And Thanks for bringing Cross Edge to NA! I plan on buying it after finals week.

Also, what can we expect from nisa during E3? Like Last Rebellion?

Nao Zook's Avatar

+ Nao Zook on May 26th, 2009 at 11:36 pm said:

Hello Dragun619,

Oh, Demon Souls won\’t be localized by NISA. but sounded like someone else will!

Last Rebellion, A Witch\’s Tale, Disgaea 2 (PSP), and Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! will be shown at E3. :-)

Good luck with final!

+ TrueFFVIIFan on May 26th, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

Awesome. Can’t wait to play this game.

+ Zer0_SP on May 26th, 2009 at 8:44 pm said:

I have a few things to say so bare with. First off, Nippon Ichi = pure awesome! Disgaea is the greatest RPG series ever! I have been waiting for this game for so long and can’t wait for tomorrow. I am so excited about this game that I read all the comments. To all these people complaining about it not arriving ’til tomorrow, know what you’re talking about. About 90% of games arrive the day after the release date. Unless a game is “street dated” where the game arrives prior to the release date and is held, then the game ships on the release date and arrives in retailers the next day generally. Don’t be dissing NISA because of this. Don’t worry, Nao. I got your back ;). Just keep bringing awesome games to the states. I can’t wait for Trinity Universe even though I haven’t picked up Cross Edge.

+ Edd on May 26th, 2009 at 9:06 pm said:

I will totally picking this up when i can! i’ll be getting infamous AND this within the week. YOU GUYS NEED TO HEAR THIS THOUGH you should really bring some of those awesome jrpgs to the u.s. you’d really be surprised at just how big the market is here for them, please don’t forget about us!

+ AguilarX on May 26th, 2009 at 10:41 pm said:

U bring atelier rorona and Lunar psp in NA!!!!!!!!!!! please, thank you.

PAGE 1 2 3