PS4-The Order

inFAMOUS Powers Up Today!

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar + Posted by Asad Qizilbash on May 26, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Well, we checked in you with last week when we had eight days to go. Hopefully, over the long weekend you’ve all been able to get your hands on the PSN inFAMOUS demo. As eight days have come and gone, the wait is now officially over as inFAMOUS launches today in the US.

To celebrate the game’s launch, we have a slew of goodies to share with you.

In case you didn’t have a chance to watch Terminator Salvation this weekend or catch Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals last night, check out the full 30-second commercial for inFAMOUS here:

Also, here’s a new trailer titled, “Duality”, looking at how Cole must choose between fame or infamy:

And, go behind the scenes with the team at Sucker Punch to get the nitty-gritty on developing inFAMOUS in these videos via GameTrailers.

If you want to hear what some of the media have been saying about the game, check out some of the recent reviews from GameSpot and Play.

And, finally, for those of you digging some of the tunes you’ve heard in the demo, the complete inFAMOUS soundtrack can be found on iTunes here.

So, for now that’s a wrap from us as it’s time for your journey with Cole to begin. Enjoy!

145 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ muleby on May 26th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

I played the demo and fell in love with it, i fried so many reapers its not funny the transportation system is great getting this fa Sho =)

+ CloudStorm87 on May 26th, 2009 at 6:12 pm said:

That commercial is awesome!

I’ve been really impressed by all the videos, including the developer diaries of inFAMOUS. The Beauty of Power trailer is one of the best I’ve seen. I think whoever is in charge of making those vidoes/trailers have done a great job.

So Sony, can we expect to see any inFAMOUS on the TVs or cinemas of this side of the pond? I’ll go watch Terminator Salvation just to see inFAMOUS on the big screen. Please Sony you must promote this game as much as possible everywhere, especially in the UK which is probably the only territory in Europe that 360 is still ahead of PS3.

Can’t wait to get my hands on the game on Friday! :D

+ MidnightBlues on May 26th, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

Bought it, love it, and its definetly worth the $60. Its one of those games you cant put down. Its a must have in the playstation 3 owner’s collection. I love the way the trophy list makes you play through the game twice expiriencing it a different way each time. For now I am loving being a hero, then I can unleash my bad side after I beat the game as the good guy!

+ Cerberus_Hunter on May 26th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

Game is awesome
i’m 20% complete w/ good karma

+ S-E-G on May 26th, 2009 at 7:01 pm said:

well at least 100 people bought it so far, not all is lost sucker puch

+ almighty-slayer on May 26th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

Soundtrack up on PLAYSTATIO Store. Please?

+ Miles514 on May 26th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

I got my beta! Thanks Sony!!!Can’t wait to boot up the game. Also that first vid had some great movie like scenes. It kind of makes me think Infamous movie but it is an animation/comic.NOT LIVE ACTION

+ mafecto on May 26th, 2009 at 7:35 pm said:

wow, I can’t stop playing this f’ng game. I’m taking a break to smoke, use the bathroom, and post this comment right now. Amazing job Sucker Punch.

+ Polo_joe on May 26th, 2009 at 8:13 pm said:

i like the game. but prototype looks pretty cool too. might get both, maybe, still deciding

+ EddyxMob on May 26th, 2009 at 8:47 pm said:

I got and it kept me from doing my HW to good i love it

+ silentRob88 on May 26th, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

Picked up my copy when I was out and about for work, earlier today.

I’ve already been playing it for a while, tonight, and it’s fantastic! Love everything about the game.
I also just downloaded the Giga Blades that I got with my pre-order. Can’t wait to give them a go.
My only disappointment is that I’ll have to wait until next week to give the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer demo a go (it says it doesn’t activate until June 3 & it doesn’t look like it’s been moved up).

Other than that, great work, guys!

+ Kren420 on May 26th, 2009 at 8:57 pm said:

Just finished playing inFamous for a couple hours and I decided to try my Uncharted multiplayer beta code, but it didnt work. I noticed that it says valid June 3-28 on back so im hoping this is the reason

+ LordRaoh on May 26th, 2009 at 10:05 pm said:

Picked up my copy at bestbuy after work.

sony please pick better release dates. i could have been playing this all weekend had it come out last week.

Great Game. Sucker Punch just Sucker Punched everyone and delivered a direct hit.

+ Fishpillow123 on May 26th, 2009 at 10:58 pm said:

Wife picked up the game on her way home from work. Has to ask for the Gigawatt code, as they didn’t offer. Uncharted 2 Beta code was in the box. Put 2 hours in, and I love it!

+ thunderbear on May 27th, 2009 at 12:27 am said:

I picked up this game today and wow, do I enjoy it. So many reviews have faulted its graphics but I really don’t understand why. It’s a great looking game (after well over 10 years as a 3D artist in film and games I feel I have a fairly educated opinion).

Definitely stands toe to toe with GTAIV graphics wise which received a lot of praise for its graphics (framerate seemed choppier to me).

Personally I much prefer the jungle gym aspect to the game over other open world games. The story telling is great so far too.

Great, great job guys.

+ sazzrah on May 27th, 2009 at 4:23 am said:

I pre-ordered my game months ago and did not receive the Uncharted 2 beta key. I’m really unhappy about this – I was MISlead to believe that all pre-orders of the game would have the key and now I don’t have it. I would like some advice on who I should contact about this please Sony! It’s false advertising to say all early copies of the games will have the key, just to find out – oops actually, sorry no they don’t!!!

+ bigdaddyjane on May 27th, 2009 at 6:16 am said:

Lot of fun!

+ ski_bumm on May 27th, 2009 at 6:20 am said:

Love the game, Sucker Punch!!!
I can definitely feel the influences of Sly, as you stick to the environments as you climb them. My favourite part of the game is just jumping, climbing, and gliding around the rooftops.

Thank you for all your hard work on the game!

+ remanutd5 on May 27th, 2009 at 6:31 am said:

loving every bit of it so far , excellent job sucker punch , cant stop playing it , i just have a question how do i make a flying melee ???? i have 3 stunts of 21 , inFAMOUS is a must have game

+ Sindred on May 27th, 2009 at 6:54 am said:

Been playing the hell out of it since I picked it up. Nothing short of spectacular. I love that Sucker, Insomniac, and Naughty understand that Next-Gen doesn’t only mean Better Graphics. You guys seem to get that better graphics with oldGen Animation equals bad, and you spend as much time honing the look of the game as much as the feel of the game. Running around with Cole feels natural fun, and you never get tired of seeing him fluidly go from running forward to smoothly switching directions (instead of the typical CUT in animation). Great job guys!

+ DGjake on May 27th, 2009 at 7:07 am said:

I bought the game yesterday morning and I have played the game for 10 hours. I have loved every minute of the game and I would just like to thank Sucker Punch and Sony for the great game.

+ DonnyG on May 27th, 2009 at 7:41 am said:

Played the game all night last night and I love it. Fantastic job Sucker Punch!

+ jadjohnny on May 27th, 2009 at 8:32 am said:

I’m totally pump, my copy was shipped today from amazon.com, now I’m expect it to be arrive Saturday or Monday next week’.

I can’t wait Sucker Punch, Sony :)

+ Chaos_Rabbit on May 27th, 2009 at 8:47 am said:

First: So far, it is the best game I have played this year, hands down. Everything is done right. From way they pace the powers, to the brilliant save system, to the entertaining and rewarding side quest…it is just brilliant. And the fact that someone FINALLY made entertaining and worthwhile quick time events just blew me away as I LOATHE QTE.

Second: Is the Gamestop power really not going to be downloadable until the 2nd?! Really?

+ Sindred on May 27th, 2009 at 8:49 am said:

Wait, no… I downloaded it last night, but I dunno how to access it. Since the photo shows Cole in all red, I thought that maybe it was an evil power. Any light that can be shed on this?

+ Chaos_Rabbit on May 27th, 2009 at 9:00 am said:

Ok, I tried it again and the gamestop power is downloadable now. I tried it when I first got home yesterday and it wasn’t.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on May 27th, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

No XMB MUSIC CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS????????

SUCKER PUNCH ADD THIS AND I WILL BUY THIS GAME…

IF NOT IT’S JUST A RENTAL FOR ME…

I can’t stand AAA titles not taking advantage to input all the features the PS3 has to offer.

I can understand if you were a third party title but COME ON!

CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS PLEASE!!!

+ Sindred on May 27th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

I’m not trying to dismiss your thoughts on this, LN_MEXWARRIOR, but look at it this way. The developers wrote this game with a certain music style and feel in mind, and the composer worked his ass off to compliment the games visuals with his musical style. While I understand custom music in racing games or midless FPSs, I’d rather let the entire game playout with what the developers had in mind for musical cues. Like for example, their previous game, Sly, was one of the first games to utilize music as a sound effect of sorts, in that (like old cartoons) the music would compliment Sly’s sneaking around. I think Microsoft is wrong for including this feature in almost every game because someone could be listening to The Theme to Growing Pains during a dramatic scene and lose completely what was intended in that particular scene. I would not want the choice of watching Star Wars with my own music, especially if I had never seen it with William’s theme, something would be missing, and I think that the same applies to these narrative games.

But that is just my little opinion.

Hey Chaos Rabbit, did you get the blades to work for you?

+ thataboy85 on May 27th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

If I’m not mistaken,didnt SuckerPunch say this was going to be the first gold disk ever,or I dreamed this or have we all been suckerpunched?

+ Dongato1977 on May 27th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

I am having problems with the downloaded code for the blades. Called sony and no help since they won’t do anything for coupons and gamestop stays they won’t help because they only had enough for the pre-orders… This really blows. At least I am enjoying the game, but I would at least want an explanation of why I got a code that does not work and why I can’t get a new one. /shrug

+ IronChefWong on May 27th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

I have the game and can vouch for how awesome it is. Its like…GTA4 but done right.

+ Avro2007 on May 27th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

Yay! The “Playstation!” sound is back :DD All future commercials must have that little voice at the end! Other then that Infamous is awesome! Good work Sucker Punch!

+ Valthyr on May 27th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

‘Cause of the fact I ran out of most of my money I decided to pick up an classic PS3 game, Assassin’s Creed.

I probally took the decision to buy Assassin’s Creed because theres also free running in that game. So I’ll see it as a preperation for InFAMOUS when my bank account allows me to finally buy InFAMOUS :). ‘Till that moment I’ll be stalking a friend of mine which is actually going to get it at day one!

P.S.
I bought A.C. for like 13 bucks, so… Yes, that’s cheap :P I could afford that.

+ xiked on May 27th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

SONY and PR PPL, you show that you can market a game good. I see this commercial in tv channels that gamers as I watch and I like that! Keep it up!

+ starBlinky01 on May 27th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

bought it yesterday :)

Enjoying it very much

+ JoeDuke4 on May 27th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

Awesome.

+ firstworldman on May 28th, 2009 at 7:09 am said:

Loving the old PlayStation voice. The new logo looks legit. Keep it.

+ firstworldman on May 28th, 2009 at 7:13 am said:

@@@130 + Dongato1977 | May 27th, 2009 at 1:17 pm

Hey. Check and make super sure that you’re entering every character correctly. I once had a digit that looked like a 5, an 8, a D, a P, a 0, and a O. It took me 30 minutes to figure out. Turned out to be a B.

+ GodLuvsUgly on May 28th, 2009 at 7:16 am said:

i realize this was from a couple of days ago, but, i love inFamous it’s a great game i’ve been playing it almost non-stop (stupid work) since i got it on tuesday. however if there is one thing i would complain about its this, I NEED STATISTICS! one of my fav parts of GTA is they track just about everything and i can see it, everytime i picked up a hooker and then killed her and took her money that’s all there! inFamous needs that too, i NEED to know exactly how many cars i’ve blown up with the pulse hammer, and how many people i’ve healed/drained. clearly the game is tracking this stuff, i just want to be able to see it! otherwise it’s a great game and i’m really loving it! Good job SuckerPunch

+ scorpio182 on May 28th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Played the demo last night and loved it. It felt so well put together and the powers are slick. The climing also looked great. I may just pick this one up.

+ NathanXD on May 31st, 2009 at 12:42 am said:

yeah i love that “playstation” voice after the video in the commercial.

+ Jim2006 on May 31st, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

Nothing compares to this game! I can’t wait for it to arrive from Amazon, saved $10.00, but the waiting and playing the demo, again and again, anticipating the mail, I should have paid the $10.00! One for the collection of the best PS3 games, like Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, and God of War III (comning)! PS3 is coming of age with some of the best exclusive games and it’s not 3 years old yet!!!!!

+ cjmc18 on May 31st, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

best ending ever seen in a game!!!!!

+ hazaard666 on May 31st, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

I won’t buy the game, my hdtv only supports 1080i. It’s a shame most ps3 games lack this resolution.

+ SolidSnake1036 on June 1st, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

When are we going to be able to get Cole’s clothes in home?

PAGE 1 2 3