LittleBigPlanet 3

Crash Commando Patched and Demoed, DLC inbound

Olof Gustafsson's Avatar + Posted by Olof Gustafsson on May 27, 2009 // CEO, EPOS Game Studios

Crash Commando new screenshot

We are pleased to announce the release of the Trial version (available tomorrow) and Patch (available now) for Crash Commando. We released Crash Commando on the PlayStation Store last December for $9.99, and people who bought it seem to love it. We have been listening attentively to our loyal fanbase and have been improving the game in as many areas as we can.

For those of you who have not been brave enough to buy the game (what!! after our excellent reviews??) then now you can try a level in the single player offline mode. Just be aware, to get the most out of the game you need to go out and get online and frag everyone out there!!! But nevertheless we are sure that you will really enjoy it :o)

Here is a list of all the improvements we have made to the game:

• Home Game Launching Support
  • BGM, custom soundtrack functionality
  • Team auto balance
  • Increased auto balancing intervals
  • Rankings
  • Added a Friends filter
  • Added Country flags
  • Matchmaking
  • Added Country flags on found games
  • Improved matchmaking game-browsing functionality
  • Match details now displayed when selecting a game, so the player knows more of a game before choosing to join

Game play & UI enhancements:

• OSD icons are now pointing towards players carrying blocks in Espionage
  • We now show icons for players with enabled mics
  • We now display player ID labels when using the turret gun
  • We now show health icons above team members
  • Only team members with less than 100% health have the icon
  • Only visible to team members equipped with the CAB
  • We now show hostile mines
  • Red flashing light turns on when activated
  • “Blip” sound when in vicinity with volume increasing when the player gets closer to the mine
  • Includes enemy mines and mines placed by the player
  • The killed & suicide messages display icons instead of (“KILLED”,”DIED.”)
  • Players can now see which weapon or vehicle that was used
  • We now show icons for when the player is speaking
  • Ingame next to ID label
  • Lobby next to player slot
  • We now show icons for when you are taunting other players
  • Symbol above player ID label
  • Aimline/aiming improvements
  • Prevents vehicle aimline to go beyond aim limits to better illustrate where a vehicle can aim
  • Voice Chat enabled by default

In the near future you can look forward to some all new exciting downloadable content and game modes. We appreciate your support and strive listen to your feedback.

Thanks for Playing!

PAGE 1 2

+ Trucidation on May 27th, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

Huzzah!

+ Faiizow on May 27th, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

This is great, however, is there XMB invites?

Other than that this is an awesome update.

+ Maverick2006 on May 27th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

Hahahha, so many good updates this week!

If you haven’t played Crash Commando, your depriving yourselves. Such a gooooooooooooooooood game!

+ swrebel181 on May 27th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

Alright, I might have to look at this one now, at least the demo, and I’m glad that another game will have Home Game Launching. There needs to be more of those.

+ Korbei83 on May 27th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

Hey demo. Sweet.

+ MakasuUS on May 27th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

I wonder what EPOS Game Studios have up their sleeves for next game on PS3?

+ almighty-slayer on May 27th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

AWESOME :) Bought this on day one but haven’t played in ages

This will defintyely get me back into it! I love you guys :D

+ Deadpool_425 on May 27th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

This is great – haven’t played in a while but I’ll pick it up again now. Look me up if you want to play!

+ Black_Ryuk on May 27th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

Ok DLC coming for it…thats enough too make be get back to playing lol

+ Letters2Kay on May 27th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

+ Kren420 on May 27th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

amazing im loving your support for the features that encompass the PS3

+ CrashSpyro on May 27th, 2009 at 12:18 pm said:

Is the online fixed now? I could never get into a game without it booting everyone first so that I’d have to wait 10-20 minutes for it to fill back up again.

When does the patch come out?

+ PaInYbOi on May 27th, 2009 at 12:18 pm said:

Awesome!
Just tried Game launching from Home and it didn’t show Crash Commando in the list?

Olof Gustafsson's Avatar

+ Magnus Isaksson on May 28th, 2009 at 2:22 am said:

Hi!

The Home game launching should go live today (the 28th). So keep trying, dont know exact time when its released :)

Thanks for playing!

+ ZildjianKX on May 27th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Is the DLC paid or free?

+ Frankie09 on May 27th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

Great Update!! Looking forward to the DLC!

+ vanwinkle on May 27th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

Uhh, I just downloaded the update and it’s nice and all, but why can I only listen to custom music while in the main menu? Thought that was kind of dumb. I tried playing music throughout random times and the only time it played was in the main menu. Custom soundtracks was my most wanted feature, and this news made me really excited until I actually tried it.

Olof Gustafsson's Avatar

+ Magnus Isaksson on May 28th, 2009 at 2:12 am said:

Hi!

The voice chat implementation we are currently using does not work simultaneously with the system BGM custom soundtrack functionality unfortunately.

This means that when voice chat is enabled and you enter an online game the custom soundtrack functionality will ceise to function.

With voice chat disabled the custom soundtrack functionality works at all times in the game.

So basically as we didn\’t have the possibility to switch voice chat implementation for this update, we had to choose between cutting the feature or release it with the current restriction – and we chose the latter.

Thanks for playing!

+ starBlinky01 on May 27th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

wow nice job guys. This is one game that I will always come back to, very simple and fun.

The only thing was, I never felt like I was progressing.. There was no medal or XP system or anything. Sounds like you fixed that now :)

So perhaps I will play quite a bit more now.

+ GT-420 on May 27th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

FANtastic – the best game on PSN and possibly the entire system, I’ve put more time into this than ALL other games combined. Should be renamed “Crack Commando”, it just never gets old. Here’s hoping for some new maps. I hope they get ideas from the forums at http://www.crashcommando.org

Olof Gustafsson's Avatar

+ Magnus Isaksson on May 28th, 2009 at 5:29 am said:

Thank you!

Please stay tuned for more DLC details further on.

Though we can hint that the DLC will not help you get rid off that \”addiction\” of yours ;)

+ StalkingSilence on May 27th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

I never really worked through this game very long. But this is exciting info!

+ Mindplague on May 27th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

Yeah baby! Awesomeness improved!

+ Exodus_Lang on May 27th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Ooh, demo. I’ll have to give this a shot.

+ hitokirix on May 27th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Nice to see a DLC coming.

+ Icarus_Immortal on May 27th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

Absolutely fantastic game, I’m sooo going to get the DLC day one!

Svenskar rockar!

+ SeanScythe on May 27th, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

wish it had splitscreen, I always want to play with friend when they come over because they like the way it plays. Then when they ask if we can play death match I tell them it’s online only. It’s a shame a game like warhawk and have 4 player splitscreen but not this, I mean Calling all cars had it.

+ Shin-Ra on May 27th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

Sad to say I couldn’t get a good enough impression of the game from the media released so the demo will be most useful.

+ sakukoivu2008 on May 27th, 2009 at 12:47 pm said:

will there be any new trophies added?

+ UltimaChocochu on May 27th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

Oh yeah!
Hahaha!
Come to daddy!

Mainly talking bout DLC and copying the characters XDDDD
Nice to hear it’s getting custom soundtrack and DLC, sweet.

+ Alcidias on May 27th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

I love this game! Seems like an interesting update!
If possible, I would love a DLC or patch that would allow local co-op, for both offline or online (even just two players would be awesome). That way, I can play with my friends when they come over.

+ KwietStorm on May 27th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

This is great, great news, and it’s always so much more pleasing when it comes out of nowhere. Those are a lot of great features, and I have been asking for DLC for a while now. New maps and modes, perhaps? I’m definitely getting back into this game.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on May 27th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

Great, I wanted to play this game since release, but after buying the horrendous PoP Classic I decided not to buy a PSN game without trying a demo first. Now I’ll be able to try Crash Commando :)

+ dsigns209 on May 27th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

YES…DLC. I love this game.

+ ye11owpharmacy on May 27th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

Sweet, I love this game and will have to go back to it, after I finish inFAMOUS.

+ SuperGParade on May 27th, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

This is fantastic. I love this game and I hope more players try it on. The best way I can describe it is 2-dimensional WARHAWK, so if you’re a Warhawk buff, you’ll enjoy this.

Also, to the devs:
“Voice Chat enabled by default”

THANK YOU! This was needed.

+ KSPRAYDAD on May 27th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

Thanks EPOS, I’ll try out the game now. You’re 1/2 way to a sale!

+ KidCommando on May 27th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

Great job on the update and improving this already solid game.

Looking forward to what you have in store for the DLC.

+ Seiven on May 27th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

going to have to pick this up now…damn you PSN for making me go broke

+ iBmR3 on May 27th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

beautiful!

+ Neil on May 27th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

I loved this game when it came out and played it non stop. Looks like I’ll jump in again soon.

+ MazzingerZ on May 27th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

Country flags!!! yes! Thank you! I love that PSN games actually take attention to that, it’s great to be in the lobby and see all the different flags… cool that SONY is not like the competition which things US is the whole world…

+ AwRy108 on May 27th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

Best PSN game, and now it’s getting better! Custom Soundtracks FTW!

+ Enigma777 on May 27th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

This is one of the best PSN games out there… If I only I was better at it though… That dual analog aiming is a bit challenging for me (same with SSHD)

+ FreeQuebec86 on May 27th, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

We need custom sound track for ONLINE game !!!!!

I loooove music + video game !!!!

+ voyte4 on May 27th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

I will buy the game today but i am worried since tomorrow is the update and DLC is coming soon you will have some type of price change or bundle price and i am going to be mad because i bought the game 1 day before update.
Is there going to be a special price since the update is coming tomorrow.

+ Buddyleej on May 27th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

I always love updates but man what is up with PSN games not having demos at launch?

+ jimmyhoffa82 on May 27th, 2009 at 1:44 pm said:

bout time, still have never been to get online, i hope this patch fixes the issue,
because according to Olof

“Just be aware, to get the most out of the game you need to go out and get online and frag everyone out there!!!”

+ Darkos87 on May 27th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

I got the game, twas quite fun for a few weeks, I had a good time with it.

+ TRIX_BOL on May 27th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

So… this is be the first Downloadable PlayStation Network game to have *Home Game Launching Support*?

Loved it!!!

+ lowhonor on May 27th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

awesome game!! best on the psn hands down!!

MY ONE REQUEST.

PLEASE PLEASE add 2 player split screen online!!

maybe even 4 player local?

this would make the game perfect along with the custom soundtrack in the annouced patch

+ Delriach on May 27th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

awesome stuff guys. Great game.

+ smokey_vols on May 27th, 2009 at 2:14 pm said:

I haven’t played this game since getting 100% of the trophies, but now seems like a good time to give it another go.

PAGE 1 2