PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

White Knight Chronicles: Watch the E3 Trailer Now!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar + Posted by Tsubasa Inaba on May 28, 2009 // Senior Producer, International Software Development

Level-5, the critically-acclaimed developer of the Dark Cloud series and Rogue Galaxy, brings an unparalleled role-playing game experience with the introduction of White Knight Chronicles for the PLAYSTATION 3.

The first true online-enabled RPG on the PS3, White Knight Chronicles provides fans with visually stunning backdrops, a unique active turn-based battle system, and robust online gameplay rooted in an unforgettable adventure.

Today, we are excited to bring to you a sneak peek of our E3 trailer.

What is the story behind the transformation into the White Knight?
Is it as simple as it sounds?
Are you ready for an adventure?

Keep an eye out for additional White Knight Chronicles coverage at this year’s E3!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ WFMMK on May 28th, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

Amazing! Will the release date be announced at E3? Must buy !

+ deadpool7 on May 28th, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

First!

+ Trucidation on May 28th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

Mmm E3 come on!

+ bdavid81 on May 28th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

Such an awesome trailer, watched it earlier today! :)

+ deadpool7 on May 28th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

Damn you beat me, alas you did not claim ‘First’.

Looks cool. I hope they set a date for the US here.

+ NJz-Greatest-420 on May 28th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

hey i know this is way OFF topic but will mag release date be told to the public on E3

+ Trioptical on May 28th, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

Wow, nice.

Are we going to see any improvements over the Japanese release? After all, the playing field for online games is quite different over here.

+ Vagrant_1 on May 28th, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

All I care about is a release date !!!!!! jeez hurry up

+ KingSmashy on May 28th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Not very impressed with the trailer. Will have to wait and see how this turns out.

+ Frankie09 on May 28th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Awesome!!!! This will be a Must-Buy for me.

+ TRIX_BOL on May 28th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Awesome, could we expect a release date at E3 2009?

+ KSPRAYDAD on May 28th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Dear Square Enix – THIS is why you can shove FFXIII.

+ LokeSTL on May 28th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Can’t friggin’ wait!!! Loving Cross Edge right now and looking forward to playing WKC next. Day 1 buy for me. Will we be getting a release date at E3?

Any way you could check up on SEs PS3 release of The Last Remnant? Keep bugging them for us please. Let them know that we haven’t forgotten.

+ MADARAmagekyo on May 28th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

I prefer both of the trailers downloadable from the Japanese PS Store. Still, it’s looking like a good game. Level 5 has a solid history with RPG’s.

It’ll be nice having it a true PS3 exclusive after the recent Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, and Last Remnant debacles.

+ Schmeidenkamp on May 28th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

sweet! make sure theres a demo, just so those of us who aren’t 100% on buying it yet can get a better idea of what its got to offer : ]

+ ppbobby on May 28th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

little boys and little girls save the world.

woooo man, JRPGs need to take a look at their characters.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on May 28th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

Wow all these positive responses already!
Thanks for the support everyone!

+ nuness1988 on May 28th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

I think the only thing holding this game back now is the “Japanese” approach (read:not good) to online gameplay. If they can streamline the process to get people into a game and include voice chat then I will strongly consider buying the game. I think Sony realizes this, it’s just a matter of devoting resources to make sure it happens. If they don’t, the game will get trashed in America over the online.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on May 28th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

yes, working on the voice chat.

+ TRIX_BOL on May 28th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

Thank you Tsubasa..

+ WFMMK on May 28th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

Mr.Tsubasa Inaba, we’ve all been waiting for an amazing RPG to hit the PS3 and it looks like you’ll be giving it to us….Just a matter of when?

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on May 28th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

thank you!

trust me, we are doing our absolute best!

+ Korbei83 on May 28th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

When are we getting a release date?! We want it so bad!

+ TakiFuGu on May 28th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

I cant wait for this RPG.

+ liketoski on May 28th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on May 28th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

wow your excitement went off screen!
    (at least that\’s how it looks on mine?)

+ naturalbornalche on May 28th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

Oh yesss. Im totally gonna get this when it comes out, i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ NinjaZeroEight on May 28th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

There was an interview with Tsubasa Inaba and he said that the Japanese voice over might be something they would add to the North American release of the game.
Is that happening?

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on May 28th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

looking into that too.
    we\’ll come back with a yes/no at a later date!

+ REZBLUE on May 28th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

Looks really good but this is taking longer than Killzone 2 to come out.

+ TerryVSL on May 28th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

PS3 60gig + PSP FTW!

White Knight Chronicles
Demon’s Souls
Valkyria Chronicles
Persona 4
Disagae 3
Jeanne D’Arc
Folklore

Absolutely amazing series of games from Sony,Atlus,Level 5, Nippon Ichi, From Software, and Sega this past couple of years.

Don’t give a damn that Wada has destroyed Square Enix anymore.

Level 5 stepping up to take the crown while SE sinks off into their whore out to the highest bidder crapulance.

+ SteveO1683 on May 28th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

Day 1! Whenever you guys decide that is…. =D

+ G_Wurm on May 28th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

I have to agree with ppbobby.

I don’t think there has been an JRPG character with a beard.

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on May 28th, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

actually, one of our main characters DOES have a beard. :-)

+ tirminyl on May 28th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

I am very excited for this game. Can’t wait to hear if there will be any additions to our version that Japan didn’t get.

+ SyphonFilter- on May 28th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

I’ll buy it for sure,it looks amazing.

+ mixedkidbx on May 28th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

little late on posting this cuz i saw it at another site :P

love the trailer though and have been looking forward to this game since it first came into the news long ago. can’t wait to get my hands on it. love RPG’s and love the MMO side of it too :)

anyone who’s an RPG gamer should def buy this game :)

+ Violater on May 28th, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

How Soon is “Soon”???????????????????????

+ Ax23000 on May 28th, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

Can’t wait.

+ Christian399 on May 28th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

Let’s keep those JRPGs rolling Sony! Up next Zill Oll – not once have we been graced with one of this series’ magnificent titles in the West! Atelier Rorona! Last Rebellion! Trinity Universe! Possibly a release date for Vesperia in the U.S. (at E3, I wager). And… Persona 5! Hopefully Money Bags Mgee (you know who I’m talking about) doesn’t grab this one.

What a terrific year to be a JRPG lover/ PS3 owner.

Btw, I’ve already played and adored Demon’s Souls to death. Anyone who considers themselves a JRPG fan NEEDS to pick up that title (imported myself, and worth the 200% markup).

+ Yannick on May 28th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

this is already on my blog, from Viddler to DailyMotion… 8)

+ Moosehole on May 28th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

Whenever this comes out, I’ll buy it day one.

+ bahamutXr79 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

I’m very excited for this game! I’ve been waiting for it for such a long time!!

Personally I didn’t like the trailer though. I don’t know whats up with everyone Americanizing JRPG trailers with dramatic music. Personally, I’d rather enjoy the original japanese music that went with the trailer, the music makes it something that it wasn’t originally intended to be.

+ Delriach on May 28th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

Is there text chat in the game like Metal Gear Online or LittleBigPlanet?

+ SPARDA on May 28th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

This is going to be the first JRPG that I ever bought.

Bring it ….SOON

+ Edeuinu on May 28th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

I can safely say I’m pretty much more excited for this than FF13 right now.

+ Nosajk on May 28th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

AWSOME! this game really gonna kick ass!

*sits down, all i want now is a response from Namco to bring Tales of Vesperia PS3 to USA market*

and also Thanx Lvl5 for this awsome game! PS3 really needed something like this!

+ SolidusDave on May 28th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

mhhh you should show off more the big environments in the trailers. That is imo the part, where WKC shines, graphics-wise.

+ Christian399 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

And as already intimated in a few of the above posts, after watching that trailer, the following scenario should ensue.

Square Enix will head to Level 5′s headquarters, weeping with shame, beg forgiveness for their sins (Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant and SO: 4) and then commit glorious seppoku at their doorstep for the good of humanity.

Level 5 will then take the JRPG crown from their body and wear it, deservedly, and with pride. And shortly thereafter Dark Cloud 3 will be released in the U.S.. (I can dream can’t I? :) )

+ Berae on May 28th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

It looks awesome! i used to be a rpg fan but im not anymore i prefer adventure games but i cant miss this one, cant wait to get my hands on this

+ echogridlock on May 28th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

Looks Good! its been awhile since ive seen such story telling in a game. Children are the best protagonists. Classic story arc, children are innocent and pure and adults are corrupt. Looking forward to this one. Hopfully more previews to come?

+ aat08 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

* screams like a little girl *
I need this. Now.

+ KazeEternal on May 28th, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

will we be getting any making of content or interviews on the PSN for this game any time soon?

Definitely a day one buy for me though, been waiting a long time for this title. Just hope a few of my friends jump on with this game for the online component. I hate playing with random people.

I’m also with #42 We need to hear from namco on Tales of Vesperia in the US for PS3.

+ perrandy on May 28th, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

i just would like to know what kind of rpg is this? is this a dungeon crawler?? or just a normal rpg in which you can go in to towns and what have you??

another thing,i have seen and heard the japanese song or opening of this game and i to tell you the truth it blew it me away!

because the song sounded so epic!

so, my last question is will the original japanese song be included in to this game and what made you guys cut it out from the trailers??thanks

+ katsuo7171 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

Good job Level 5. I’m looking forward to an RPG on the PS3. and since FFXI is being ported to PS3 I’m soo happy.

PAGE 1 2 3