Final Fantasy XV

May 28

May 28

White Knight Chronicles: Watch the E3 Trailer Now!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, International Software Development

Level-5, the critically-acclaimed developer of the Dark Cloud series and Rogue Galaxy, brings an unparalleled role-playing game experience with the introduction of White Knight Chronicles for the PLAYSTATION 3.

The first true online-enabled RPG on the PS3, White Knight Chronicles provides fans with visually stunning backdrops, a unique active turn-based battle system, and robust online gameplay rooted in an unforgettable adventure.

Today, we are excited to bring to you a sneak peek of our E3 trailer.

What is the story behind the transformation into the White Knight?
Is it as simple as it sounds?
Are you ready for an adventure?

Keep an eye out for additional White Knight Chronicles coverage at this year’s E3!

Add Your Own

smokey_vols said:

May 28th, 3:11 pm

I’ve been waiting for a really great RPG to play on my PS3 and this is it.

Fusion_ID said:

May 28th, 3:12 pm

Man, I must say, the last RPG i played was FF12 and FF7:Crisis Core. Sense then, the PS3 has been dry for me so thank god. Im really really looking forward to this.

KazeEternal said:

May 28th, 3:12 pm

@13 It looks like Last Remnant for PS3 has become vaporware, even their support lines say that they are focused on other projects at the moment. Last time they said that they swept FF7-9 for PS2 under the rug and we never heard from them again.

almighty-slayer said:

May 28th, 3:12 pm

Looks pretty damn awesome, and i’m not into RPGs.

saintaqua said:

May 28th, 3:13 pm

I will definitely get this!!

Mosh_Pit said:

May 28th, 3:13 pm

Cant wait.. looking forward for this!!

Kamikaze135 said:

May 28th, 3:13 pm

This game looks fantastic and I can’t wait till it comes out! Level 5 is just one of those companies I always trust. I know their games will deliver hours of awesomeness (is that even a word? lol). Anyway, I’m really looking forward to this and whatever else Level 5 releases.

Darksider71 said:

May 28th, 3:15 pm

Looks real nice. Hope the gameplay is as impressive as the cut scenes.

mafecto said:

May 28th, 3:16 pm

Awesome. Screw Square Enix, you guys are the s***.

CloudStorm87 said:

May 28th, 3:16 pm

It’s about time! I’ve been waiting for this game for 2 years now! Definitely going to buy it on its release.

I have a couple of questions though, has there been any improvements made to the game since its Japanese release, i.e. graphics, features, etc? Not saying the game doesn’t look amazing, but watching videos of it I thought there was some room for improvement.

Also, will the English release also contain Japanese voiceovers? As much I appreciate the work you’ve put in for localising the game, I prefer playing a lot of Japanese games or watching watching animes in their original voice overs but with English subs. So it would be nice to have that option. :)

Snigs said:

May 28th, 3:16 pm

Please bring in the Japanese audio track!

I’m kinda surprised this hasn’t really happened yet in jRPGs, seeing as how most people who play these games are also fans of a good anime or two.

Please! Thanks again for your amazing games! Looking forward to White Knight!

WiZeGuY said:

May 28th, 3:16 pm

Fantastic! can’t wait to buy this game!

kmkaizen said:

May 28th, 3:18 pm

this going to be the most epic JRPG that come to ps3 level 5 keep up the good work after this maybe you guy can get to work on dark cloud 3

DMPrince said:

May 28th, 3:20 pm

Yes PLEASE Leave the Japanese Audio in there!!

jadjohnny said:

May 28th, 3:21 pm

Understanding! (I feel like the old Mortal Kombat just now…). Well, look like I getting my RPG fix but when Sony, when…

The patience is a virtue but God, I’m on a need of a great RPG :)

Neil said:

May 28th, 3:23 pm

Please give us the option to choose the original Japanese voice over’s with English subtitles. I just cannot stand listening to horrible English VO.

TerryVSL said:

May 28th, 3:25 pm

Japanese voice / English subs

Please.

Jeigh said:

May 28th, 3:31 pm

From what I’ve seen (and I’ve seen a good amount), it isn’t quite living up to what I expected from the very first trailer released (way back in 2005, I believe). Actually somewhat reminiscent of Final Fantasy XI, visually, but it’s looking good anyway. Still, regardless of early expectations, this game is looking damn good in a number of respects (I LOVE being able to see the weapons and armor change visually, however minor that may be for others) and playing online is going to rock. I don’t think it really needs to be said, but I’ll say it anyway: you better believe this is a day-one buy for me. Both RPGs and good developers need to feel incredibly welcome on the PS3, and I’ll gladly take a hit to the checkbook to make that a reality.

Thank you for your time, Mr. Inaba. I’ll be cheering for you at E3. :)

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

May 28th, 5:21 pm

>I’ll be cheering

Thanks! I will need all the energy I can get!

tsukasa1288 said:

May 28th, 3:31 pm

needs japanese voices, also looks amazing.

Irishmandkg said:

May 28th, 3:32 pm

Finally an online rpg! One that doesn’t involve playing with thousands of people like an mmo. I always just wanted to do quests with some friends online. Too many shooters in this current generation of games….about time this came out, i’ve been waiting a while. Level 5 is awesome!

ghamdikh1 said:

May 28th, 3:33 pm

@ Tsubasa Inaba // Producer, SCEA Santa Monica.

1-Does this game HAVE SOME support for Sixaxis motion controller?

2-Does this game HAVE Remote Play SUPPORT?

3-will this game support in game custom sound track?

4-Will THIS GAME HAVE SOME support FOR Home service?

5-Will THIS GAME HAVE SOME support FOR youtube uploading?

6-Will THIS GAME HAVE SOME support FOR In-game Screenshots?

7-Does this game HAVE Trophies?

Trieloth said:

May 28th, 3:34 pm

Buying this game the first day that it comes out. Iam so freaking excited. My only question is when will we get to play?

tresse said:

May 28th, 3:36 pm

Yesssh! I have been waiting for this great RPG for awhile now this is AWESOME!!! ^^

NYPenguin said:

May 28th, 3:40 pm

How much would this be?

OneironautZ said:

May 28th, 3:43 pm

Cant wait for this game! Hoping for the choice of the Japanese voices and subtitles.

GaMeCuBeFLOP said:

May 28th, 3:43 pm

Great looking Game Sony/Level 5!!!!! I’m sooooo glad this is coming to north america

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

May 28th, 3:46 pm

We are glad to be bringing it here too!

dam6655 said:

May 28th, 3:45 pm

White Knight is one of my most anticipated games of the year. Level 5 is the best rpg developer in Japan, now that all Square-enix pumps out is junk.

Tratious said:

May 28th, 3:45 pm

namikawa daisuke did leonard in the japanese version i want japanese voices also please

this video blew me away i’m sold its all over i’m so there

ありがと翼さん

Squall2600 said:

May 28th, 3:45 pm

Mr. Inaba

How can I get a job to do a voice over for the game?

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

May 28th, 3:48 pm

We have finished voice over recording sessions for this particular title, sorry!

I\’d recommend signing up to the SAG union and get listed as potential voice actors for starters?

Jeigh said:

May 28th, 3:46 pm

@ghamdikh1

Half of those are REALLY ridiculous, Youtube uploading and Remote Play being on the top of the list (one analog NUB, no L2, no R2 and no Sixaxis function which you seem to want), but ‘7- Does this game HAVE Trophies?’ (what is with the capitalization of “have” by the way) has been an irrelevant issue since Jan. 1, 2009. Think about these questions before you ask them.

soysauce said:

May 28th, 3:47 pm

Tsubasa Inaba,

I am looking forward to the US release. Great game. You and your team did a great job. I could not wait so I imported the Japanese version when it released, beat the game once so far and almost to GR lvl 6 and still having fun with the game. If the US release offers voice chat and japanese voices with english subs, I definately will be again, lol. But I do have a question about online… will US and Japanese versions be able to play online together? Thanks.

ShotgunSean said:

May 28th, 3:50 pm

are we surely gonna see white knight chronicles in Q 3 or 4 of 09? i really cant wait for this game i been trying to hold my horses and be patient since all last year when i first found out about this game.

plus i also was wondering are you guys mostly there with translating it to english for the us release cuz im drooling for this game i think this is gonna be a great exclusive :)

Spathis said:

May 28th, 3:52 pm

Tsubasa Inaba and Level 5 I bow to you, you guys have taken the thrown from Square Enix.

Any work on a Europe/Australian/New Zealand Release?

Arxisz00 said:

May 28th, 3:55 pm

Mr. Inaba

Please consider putting in the japanese voice- overs. some of us are big fans of the japanese ones and we absolutely NEED to have it.

Please.

Thank you.

Chase167 said:

May 28th, 3:56 pm

i bet Sony will not advertise it
we wont see a commercials until 3 weeks after the game is release
that’s Sony downfall

Dennie said:

May 28th, 3:57 pm

day one, thank you Level-5.

LpSquall said:

May 28th, 3:57 pm

Thanks for the sneak peak trailer to WKC. I was wondering if there are any plans to integrate HOME game launching with this game? I think it would be a great way to play online with other players.

ShotgunSean said:

May 28th, 4:01 pm

by the way i was wondering if this game is gonna support text chat ingame in case everybody doesnt have a mic? im saying using a keyboard or keypad kinda device also i think it be great to have home game launching option as LpSquall posted

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

Tsubasa Inaba said:

May 28th, 5:23 pm

Yes, it will support text chat for online quests.

Zookey said:

May 28th, 4:09 pm

OM SUGOI

xero93 said:

May 28th, 4:13 pm

Glad to see this is coming out here, I’ve heard nothing but good things about it so far.

StrykerIsland said:

May 28th, 4:13 pm

Great trailer, can’t wait. Finally the RPGs start flowing in…

SpecDotSign said:

May 28th, 4:17 pm

I’m excited about this title. I’ve been a Level-5 fan since Dark Cloud. Currently playing Rogue Galaxy and Jeanne D’arc. I have a question though. Will WKC will be as streamlined as Rogue Galaxy? I mean, there are basically NO load times in RG, even on the PS2, that’s an amazing feat!

Ramage said:

May 28th, 4:31 pm

O
M
F
G

I have been waiting for this ever since its announcement prior to the PS3 launch. I can only hope it will be worth the wait(and it looks like it will be.

Either way don’t worry because you’ve already got my money secured with this title.

Dragun619 said:

May 28th, 4:32 pm

Is an HD version of this video going to be uploaded on PSN today? And is Sony going to show the full video during their E3 Conference?

Thanks for bringing the game! Recently just beat Rouge Galaxy, Can’t wait for White Knight Chronicles!

jimmy903 said:

May 28th, 4:34 pm

Awesome, now if we could just get a release date I will go and get this pre-ordered.

I have been looking forward to this and Demons Souls for a while now.

Thank you for bringing this game to the western gaming market.

Miketheking75 said:

May 28th, 4:37 pm

Why the graphics don’t look next gen I know they could of did better on the graphics after this long wait.

Squall2600 said:

May 28th, 4:42 pm

cool I got a respond

Thrasher20 said:

May 28th, 4:43 pm

Looks supertastic robust!

Kren420 said:

May 28th, 4:54 pm

not too much of an RPG fun, but this looks like it could be worthy

nandosupes said:

May 28th, 5:01 pm

so when can I pre-order this game?,because it looks awesome!!.