PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

White Knight Chronicles: Watch the E3 Trailer Now!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar + Posted by Tsubasa Inaba on May 28, 2009 // Senior Producer, International Software Development

Level-5, the critically-acclaimed developer of the Dark Cloud series and Rogue Galaxy, brings an unparalleled role-playing game experience with the introduction of White Knight Chronicles for the PLAYSTATION 3.

The first true online-enabled RPG on the PS3, White Knight Chronicles provides fans with visually stunning backdrops, a unique active turn-based battle system, and robust online gameplay rooted in an unforgettable adventure.

Today, we are excited to bring to you a sneak peek of our E3 trailer.

What is the story behind the transformation into the White Knight?
Is it as simple as it sounds?
Are you ready for an adventure?

Keep an eye out for additional White Knight Chronicles coverage at this year’s E3!

+ smokey_vols on May 28th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for a really great RPG to play on my PS3 and this is it.

+ Fusion_ID on May 28th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

Man, I must say, the last RPG i played was FF12 and FF7:Crisis Core. Sense then, the PS3 has been dry for me so thank god. Im really really looking forward to this.

+ KazeEternal on May 28th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

@13 It looks like Last Remnant for PS3 has become vaporware, even their support lines say that they are focused on other projects at the moment. Last time they said that they swept FF7-9 for PS2 under the rug and we never heard from them again.

+ almighty-slayer on May 28th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

Looks pretty damn awesome, and i’m not into RPGs.

+ saintaqua on May 28th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

I will definitely get this!!

+ Mosh_Pit on May 28th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

Cant wait.. looking forward for this!!

+ Kamikaze135 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

This game looks fantastic and I can’t wait till it comes out! Level 5 is just one of those companies I always trust. I know their games will deliver hours of awesomeness (is that even a word? lol). Anyway, I’m really looking forward to this and whatever else Level 5 releases.

+ Darksider71 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Looks real nice. Hope the gameplay is as impressive as the cut scenes.

+ mafecto on May 28th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Awesome. Screw Square Enix, you guys are the s***.

+ CloudStorm87 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

It’s about time! I’ve been waiting for this game for 2 years now! Definitely going to buy it on its release.

I have a couple of questions though, has there been any improvements made to the game since its Japanese release, i.e. graphics, features, etc? Not saying the game doesn’t look amazing, but watching videos of it I thought there was some room for improvement.

Also, will the English release also contain Japanese voiceovers? As much I appreciate the work you’ve put in for localising the game, I prefer playing a lot of Japanese games or watching watching animes in their original voice overs but with English subs. So it would be nice to have that option. :)

+ Snigs on May 28th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Please bring in the Japanese audio track!

I’m kinda surprised this hasn’t really happened yet in jRPGs, seeing as how most people who play these games are also fans of a good anime or two.

Please! Thanks again for your amazing games! Looking forward to White Knight!

+ WiZeGuY on May 28th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Fantastic! can’t wait to buy this game!

+ kmkaizen on May 28th, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

this going to be the most epic JRPG that come to ps3 level 5 keep up the good work after this maybe you guy can get to work on dark cloud 3

+ DMPrince on May 28th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

Yes PLEASE Leave the Japanese Audio in there!!

+ jadjohnny on May 28th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

Understanding! (I feel like the old Mortal Kombat just now…). Well, look like I getting my RPG fix but when Sony, when…

The patience is a virtue but God, I’m on a need of a great RPG :)

+ Neil on May 28th, 2009 at 3:23 pm said:

Please give us the option to choose the original Japanese voice over’s with English subtitles. I just cannot stand listening to horrible English VO.

+ TerryVSL on May 28th, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

Japanese voice / English subs

Please.

+ Jeigh on May 28th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

From what I’ve seen (and I’ve seen a good amount), it isn’t quite living up to what I expected from the very first trailer released (way back in 2005, I believe). Actually somewhat reminiscent of Final Fantasy XI, visually, but it’s looking good anyway. Still, regardless of early expectations, this game is looking damn good in a number of respects (I LOVE being able to see the weapons and armor change visually, however minor that may be for others) and playing online is going to rock. I don’t think it really needs to be said, but I’ll say it anyway: you better believe this is a day-one buy for me. Both RPGs and good developers need to feel incredibly welcome on the PS3, and I’ll gladly take a hit to the checkbook to make that a reality.

Thank you for your time, Mr. Inaba. I’ll be cheering for you at E3. :)

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on May 28th, 2009 at 5:21 pm said:

>I’ll be cheering

Thanks! I will need all the energy I can get!

+ tsukasa1288 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

needs japanese voices, also looks amazing.

+ Irishmandkg on May 28th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

Finally an online rpg! One that doesn’t involve playing with thousands of people like an mmo. I always just wanted to do quests with some friends online. Too many shooters in this current generation of games….about time this came out, i’ve been waiting a while. Level 5 is awesome!

+ ghamdikh1 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

@ Tsubasa Inaba // Producer, SCEA Santa Monica.

1-Does this game HAVE SOME support for Sixaxis motion controller?

2-Does this game HAVE Remote Play SUPPORT?

3-will this game support in game custom sound track?

4-Will THIS GAME HAVE SOME support FOR Home service?

5-Will THIS GAME HAVE SOME support FOR youtube uploading?

6-Will THIS GAME HAVE SOME support FOR In-game Screenshots?

7-Does this game HAVE Trophies?

+ Trieloth on May 28th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Buying this game the first day that it comes out. Iam so freaking excited. My only question is when will we get to play?

+ tresse on May 28th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

Yesssh! I have been waiting for this great RPG for awhile now this is AWESOME!!! ^^

+ NYPenguin on May 28th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

How much would this be?

+ OneironautZ on May 28th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

Cant wait for this game! Hoping for the choice of the Japanese voices and subtitles.

+ GaMeCuBeFLOP on May 28th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

Great looking Game Sony/Level 5!!!!! I’m sooooo glad this is coming to north america

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on May 28th, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

We are glad to be bringing it here too!

+ dam6655 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

White Knight is one of my most anticipated games of the year. Level 5 is the best rpg developer in Japan, now that all Square-enix pumps out is junk.

+ Tratious on May 28th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

namikawa daisuke did leonard in the japanese version i want japanese voices also please

this video blew me away i’m sold its all over i’m so there

ありがと翼さん

+ Squall2600 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

Mr. Inaba

How can I get a job to do a voice over for the game?

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on May 28th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

We have finished voice over recording sessions for this particular title, sorry!

I\’d recommend signing up to the SAG union and get listed as potential voice actors for starters?

+ Jeigh on May 28th, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

@ghamdikh1

Half of those are REALLY ridiculous, Youtube uploading and Remote Play being on the top of the list (one analog NUB, no L2, no R2 and no Sixaxis function which you seem to want), but ’7- Does this game HAVE Trophies?’ (what is with the capitalization of “have” by the way) has been an irrelevant issue since Jan. 1, 2009. Think about these questions before you ask them.

+ soysauce on May 28th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Tsubasa Inaba,

I am looking forward to the US release. Great game. You and your team did a great job. I could not wait so I imported the Japanese version when it released, beat the game once so far and almost to GR lvl 6 and still having fun with the game. If the US release offers voice chat and japanese voices with english subs, I definately will be again, lol. But I do have a question about online… will US and Japanese versions be able to play online together? Thanks.

+ ShotgunSean on May 28th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

are we surely gonna see white knight chronicles in Q 3 or 4 of 09? i really cant wait for this game i been trying to hold my horses and be patient since all last year when i first found out about this game.

plus i also was wondering are you guys mostly there with translating it to english for the us release cuz im drooling for this game i think this is gonna be a great exclusive :)

+ Spathis on May 28th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

Tsubasa Inaba and Level 5 I bow to you, you guys have taken the thrown from Square Enix.

Any work on a Europe/Australian/New Zealand Release?

+ Arxisz00 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

Mr. Inaba

Please consider putting in the japanese voice- overs. some of us are big fans of the japanese ones and we absolutely NEED to have it.

Please.

Thank you.

+ Chase167 on May 28th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

i bet Sony will not advertise it
we wont see a commercials until 3 weeks after the game is release
that’s Sony downfall

+ Dennie on May 28th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

day one, thank you Level-5.

+ LpSquall on May 28th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

Thanks for the sneak peak trailer to WKC. I was wondering if there are any plans to integrate HOME game launching with this game? I think it would be a great way to play online with other players.

+ ShotgunSean on May 28th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

by the way i was wondering if this game is gonna support text chat ingame in case everybody doesnt have a mic? im saying using a keyboard or keypad kinda device also i think it be great to have home game launching option as LpSquall posted

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on May 28th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

Yes, it will support text chat for online quests.

+ Zookey on May 28th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

OM SUGOI

+ xero93 on May 28th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

Glad to see this is coming out here, I’ve heard nothing but good things about it so far.

+ StrykerIsland on May 28th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

Great trailer, can’t wait. Finally the RPGs start flowing in…

+ SpecDotSign on May 28th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

I’m excited about this title. I’ve been a Level-5 fan since Dark Cloud. Currently playing Rogue Galaxy and Jeanne D’arc. I have a question though. Will WKC will be as streamlined as Rogue Galaxy? I mean, there are basically NO load times in RG, even on the PS2, that’s an amazing feat!

+ Ramage on May 28th, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

O
M
F
G

I have been waiting for this ever since its announcement prior to the PS3 launch. I can only hope it will be worth the wait(and it looks like it will be.

Either way don’t worry because you’ve already got my money secured with this title.

+ Dragun619 on May 28th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

Is an HD version of this video going to be uploaded on PSN today? And is Sony going to show the full video during their E3 Conference?

Thanks for bringing the game! Recently just beat Rouge Galaxy, Can’t wait for White Knight Chronicles!

+ jimmy903 on May 28th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

Awesome, now if we could just get a release date I will go and get this pre-ordered.

I have been looking forward to this and Demons Souls for a while now.

Thank you for bringing this game to the western gaming market.

+ Miketheking75 on May 28th, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

Why the graphics don’t look next gen I know they could of did better on the graphics after this long wait.

+ Squall2600 on May 28th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

cool I got a respond

+ Thrasher20 on May 28th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

Looks supertastic robust!

+ Kren420 on May 28th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

not too much of an RPG fun, but this looks like it could be worthy

+ nandosupes on May 28th, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

so when can I pre-order this game?,because it looks awesome!!.