Minecraft PS4

White Knight Chronicles: Watch the E3 Trailer Now!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar + Posted by Tsubasa Inaba on May 28, 2009 // Senior Producer, International Software Development

Level-5, the critically-acclaimed developer of the Dark Cloud series and Rogue Galaxy, brings an unparalleled role-playing game experience with the introduction of White Knight Chronicles for the PLAYSTATION 3.

The first true online-enabled RPG on the PS3, White Knight Chronicles provides fans with visually stunning backdrops, a unique active turn-based battle system, and robust online gameplay rooted in an unforgettable adventure.

Today, we are excited to bring to you a sneak peek of our E3 trailer.

What is the story behind the transformation into the White Knight?
Is it as simple as it sounds?
Are you ready for an adventure?

Keep an eye out for additional White Knight Chronicles coverage at this year’s E3!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ tzimakos on May 28th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

Trailer was EXCELLENT!! Anyone know roughly how long the game will be hour-wise?

Day 1 for sure!

+ Maltay on May 28th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

Im excited for this game, but the reviews that were around near the japanese launch arent good… which is a shame.

+ whiskey_14 on May 28th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

I’m not a fan of RPG’s but I like the stlye of this one!

hope there’s voice chat.

+ flyness163 on May 28th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

Day 1 Buy!!! Cant Wait For This!

+ mafia28 on May 28th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

Im loving the RPG love for the PS3.

+ an_i_diot on May 28th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

Please have Japanese Voiceover as an option. Please!!!

This is one of those things that gets me to buy day 1 or day 100.

+ Destiny89 on May 28th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

This is way too awesome.. i cant wait! :)

+ remanutd5 on May 28th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

i dont play that many rpgs but i do love level 5 work , that being said i cant wait to get White Knight Chronicles , i hope you guys bring Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy to the ps3 , plz make it happen sony

+ lowhonor on May 28th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

widely off topic but i love level 5 because of jeanne d arc. one of the best psp rpgs. only srpg i have ever enjoyed.

+ midnightshade on May 28th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

Thank you for bringing this over!!!! I can’t wait. I have been anticipating this game since I first heard about it last year after i got my ps3. I love rpgs and Jeanne D’arc was fantastic on the psp. I went out and bought a ps2(yes I skipped consoles for pc last gen), last month and bought a copy of Rouge Galaxy and Dragon Quest 8… both stellar games. You guys do great work!

To the graphic-whores who say this doesn’t look good graphically…what are you smoking? It looks fantastic. You few who say that probably bashed Disgaea3 and Cross edge to death too…it’s a shame when the young kids in this world are so blinded by flashy smoke and mirrors…come on the graphics are great and maybe you should play a game for the gameplay and story for once, there are a lot of gems out there!

Tsubasa Inaba's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on May 28th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

Thank you! :-)

+ GGCAN on May 28th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

Wow…great trailer !

This game looks amazing.

+ k1s3k1 on May 28th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

Please I beg you Inaba-san, please have the Japanese voices in the US release.. Because, no Japanese voice means no buy for me sadly.. I hate playing games not using their original voices, it makes the game 80% less enjoyable..

So, please please please please.. please please please please.. please please please please.. WE WANT JAPANESE VOICE~!!

EVERYONE LETS MAKE PETITION FOR JAPANESE VOICE!! PUT JAPANESE VOICE OR DONT BUY!

+ Lerkero on May 28th, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

There should be a disclaimer on this: Not to be confused with e3 2005 trailer

Honestly though, I haven’t played the game, but seeing as how it is made by Level 5 my expectations were high. I’ve seen video that’s mostly underwhelming, but hopefully when I get to see it first hand things will look different.

+ S1lens3 on May 28th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

I’m glad to know that it’s coming to US, thank you Sony and Level 5!

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on May 28th, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

Epic Trailer! The only reason I haven’t preordered this game yet is because the release date hasn’t been given.

Keep up the good work. Good luck at E3!

+ Jeremy092387 on May 28th, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

Yeah, this trailer has already confirmed what I already thought a while back….that this game is going to be freaking awesome. Keep up the good work.

I am guessing a specific release date will be announced at E3?

+ PullusPardusUS on May 28th, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

can i know why do you guys hate clowns so much? xD
im a proud owner of ever Level-5 game on playstation consoles =]

+ ShadowTalyis on May 28th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

Hopefully a release date next week and Hopefully its i dont know within the next couple of months I dont want too many games coming out around christmas then I cant afford them all!

+ EVanHelsing on May 28th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

The cut scenes look awesome, but it says nothing about the game-play. I’ll wait until I see something more substantial before I’ll let enthusiasm get the best of me.

+ ADR143 on May 28th, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

omg this is a must buy!

+ ShotgunSean on May 28th, 2009 at 7:39 pm said:

thanks Inaba for answering my question

+ Sylvrfonic on May 28th, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

Voice chat for online quests is a deal breaker. Not being able to hear your comrades as you play really limits a games ability to transmit a shared experience.

+ joostin on May 28th, 2009 at 8:21 pm said:

I have been waiting for a great online RPG to come to the PS3. I am still confused on this one though…will online play be similar to other MMORPG’s (i.e. FFXI or WoW)? Or will it be something different?

+ alaM0000 on May 28th, 2009 at 9:04 pm said:

ANNNIMMME NOOOBS!!!!! LAWLZ :D

+ vavires on May 28th, 2009 at 11:12 pm said:

I hope you are working on a europe launch as well. I’ve looking forward to another Level 5 game for so long, i have yet to play an rpg from you guys that failed, i just got goosebumps from that trailer!!!

+ Enigma777 on May 29th, 2009 at 12:35 am said:

Please for the love of god, have Japanese voice overs with English subs available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I can’t wait for this game!!!

+ Herlock21 on May 29th, 2009 at 12:41 am said:

Like 127!

PLZ Japanese voice and subs too, can we have the choice with the Blu Ray ?

+ Sakimori_X on May 29th, 2009 at 1:18 am said:

Dear Level-5:

Thank you thank you thank you!!

+ wedgehog on May 29th, 2009 at 5:25 am said:

Wow .. looks great!

+ dragonarya on May 29th, 2009 at 7:03 am said:

Wow. It looks like Folklore… 0.o. It has definately interested me! Will keep an eye out for it.
Dramatic music doesn’t impress me all that much, but what I can tell from the story is good. Children do make good protagonists. ^^

Tsubasa-san, please keep the original Japanese voices, it’s not that we players don’t appreciate your work with English voices, it’s just that we would like the option to use original voices.

I couldn’t resist after I saw the name Daisuke Namikawa:
For you manga/anime fans out there, Daisuke Namikawa-san voiced Fai from the Tsubasa Chronicle anime. ;)

+ BalramRules on May 29th, 2009 at 7:20 am said:

I’m now proud to say, that I doubt the E3 2009 will have a tinch of anything bad on the PlayStation Section, but I hope Microsoft or maybe even Nintendo MESS UP their E3 2009, but I’m with PlayStation this year, like the years before.

+ StalkingSilence on May 29th, 2009 at 7:28 am said:

Looks cool – some of the cutscenes definitely look pre-rendered. If that’s all in-game, it looks AMAZING!

+ Michelasso on May 29th, 2009 at 7:45 am said:

What does it mean “introducing White Knigh Chrnoicles” for PS3? IS it coming to Europe as well???

PS: I know, now we have the EU PS Blog. But I follow both. :p

+ Ramms on May 29th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

Nice 1 hope it comes out soon =D

+ SIN002 on May 29th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

I absolutely love Level 5!!! Ive been a fan since Dark Cloud and I buy every console game the first day it comes out! Can’t wait for this one! Keep up the amazing work guys!

+ xyko187 on May 29th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

I had my doubts about the English voice overs but from what I’ve seen (heard) from the trailer so far have been pretty well done.

+ kenjin- on May 30th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

finally! this game came out in japan during xmas of 08, i’ve been waiting for it to come to north america ever since!

+ Excalibur-king on May 31st, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

RPG of the year.

I love Level 5.

+ blaen12 on June 7th, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

I just want to say that I’ve been looking forward to this game since it was announced years back and have been waiting for an announcement as to whether you are going to keep the Japanese voice overs and any vocal music tracks since these seem to be removed often in the US.

In my opinion you will ruin the integrity of the game buy not including the original voices as well as any vocal music.

If these features are not included in someway I will buy the Japanese release instead of the US release. Hopefully you decide to include them in some way(as a special edition or free DLC or whatever).

PAGE 1 2 3