PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

E3 Comes to PlayStation Home

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Jun 01, 2009 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

In case you haven’t noticed, the almighty Internets have been abuzz with gossip about E3, PlayStation Home, and where the two will meet. Well I’m here to put the rumors to rest once and for all, and confirm what the community has been whispering about in the corners of Home over the last month.

PlayStation Home media & events space

Here’s the deal: We will be showcasing a special taping of Jack Tretton’s E3 Keynote Address in-world come Tuesday evening. We’ll also be bringing you tons of showroom floor footage, developer interviews, sneak peeks, and other cool vids courtesy of our friends over here at the PlayStation.Blog. All you have to do is head over to the Presentation Podium to watch it on the big screen. This special Events space is accessible via the Menu Pad – just press Start > Locations > World Map then select the PlayStation Home World Map chip and press X. This will break out into several other chips; just scroll over to the Presentation Podium chip, press X, and teleport your self to the party.

This shindig is running for the entirety of E3. That’s right – 3 full days. So whether you’re a morning bird or a night owl, you can come into PlayStation Home and check out this hot footage. We’ll also be giving away limited-time, exclusive virtual items. But you’ll have to keep your eyes peeled and make sure that you are in-world all-day, every day if you want to get them all…

166 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ sprice25 on June 1st, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Neat concept… will be logged in and waiting!

+ Carl-G on June 1st, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

Nice 1! ;)

+ Chaos_Bladez on June 1st, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

This are the kind of things HOME would be good for.
It’d be funny if there was a Jack Tretton avatar at every press conference in there. :)

I will be watching it on TV though, my internet connection isn’t too stable.

+ Jeigh on June 1st, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Well, it’s a nice idea, but, while I may be speaking for myself here, I don’t really think expecting us to being there 24-hours a day, or even the 12 relevant hours of the day is very reasonable. Some of us have jobs, college, loved ones (though we can cut that last one out XD). Show some elasticity.

+ remanutd5 on June 1st, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

superb , this is what Playstation Home should be , superb news locust star , i hope we get first party titles home game spaces soon , and i like the R2 home space , specially the mini game , keep it up guys , one good idea would be if you guys could get insonmiac’s full moon show to be air live at Resistance or Ratchet home game spaces

+ SyphonFilter- on June 1st, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Is it goign to be live only or can you come see it later? Also will Kaz Hirai be at the conference too?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on June 1st, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

The E3 keynote will be looping throughout the evening hours from 06.02 – 06.04 in the Presentation Podium space.

+ LokeSTL on June 1st, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

So what will you guys be doing about my June episode of Qore? I assume that it will be live again eventually, but how am I to download it now that it doesn’t show up in my DL list? I assume that you’ll have to give it away for free. So should I expect an extra episode since I am a yearly subscriber?

Tell you what, give me a free code to download the upcoming FFVII and we’ll call it even. No, seriously.

+ GGCAN on June 1st, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

Thanks Locust_Star.

Read about this on other blogs.

It’s nice Home is supporting this, but I can see this space i s going to be very packed.

Wondering if maybe next year, we could use the Video screen in our Club houses ?

Currently those Video screens in the clubhouse don’t do a thing.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on June 1st, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

Take that MICROSUX, we got Home to go watch E3 in, what do they got? NOTHING for their fans. I LOVE YOU SONY PLAYSTATION, Marry Me?

Get a nice closeup of Go!

Both Babe Video’s please….

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on June 1st, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

Oh and I had a clubhouse in the closed beta but it’s no longer showing up when I log into Home( yes I go there now). Any chance someone could look into that for me. I’ll let the whole socom/warhawk thing pass if you can fix that for me….

+ mixedkidbx on June 1st, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

it’s so nice when you guys finally make the “offical” announcements so that all these muti-threads can stop about guessing and things.

i just wish you guys would do announcements before the media does. i think it’s really messed up that we find out about things from the media first before we even hear a peep outta you guys.

+ DonnyG on June 1st, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

cool idea

+ CRUNKRIS on June 1st, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

I’m there. I just gotta collect all those mystery items. They shall be mine!!!!

This is gonna be sooo awesome. Sony = Win!!

+ Delriach on June 1st, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

good stuff.

+ Kamahl_rg on June 1st, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

im probably gonna check that out… if i got time though.

+ CRUNKRIS on June 1st, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

Hey, is the home community gonna be part of the Sony E3 presentation?

+ gigakain on June 1st, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

I am in home now and there are no new vids up yet.

+ crazypeng1 on June 1st, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

so just to be sure about this, it will NOT be live correct? if so, i’ll be watching on ign, then get here later in the day.

+ StrykerIsland on June 1st, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Please tell me the video will download instead of stream.

For some reason, any video inside of Home that streams, continuously buffers so I cannot watch them.

The ones that pre-download work fine. Please tell me that you’ll be using the download method?

+ SlaveSpawn on June 1st, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Cool concept but… seriously all day to get the special items ?? : (

I’ll be on a few hrs every night but… I’m not going to do a race to meltdown with my spensive ps3. I plan’d to watch the coverage on Tv since I own more then one console.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on June 1st, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

I was going to stop by and check it out, but if you have to be there all day to get the virtual item I won’t bother.

+ ultrakilla on June 1st, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

omg this is awesome but whats worrying me is that will the bandwidth hold?? or will i be kicked out lol

+ Darnell0216 on June 1st, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

We can’t be in there all day to collect the special items. I’m watching E3 on my PS3 (no more G4 >_<) while I watch tweets/live blogs from the PC to spread out my info intake.

+ SPOPS on June 1st, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

Does this mean that we will not see the HD video on the PS store like last year?

+ Quincho on June 1st, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

are u guys showing the whole sony conference?

or maybe ur showing other stuff?

+ StalkingSilence on June 1st, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

Cool thanks! “Special Taping” does that mean it’s not the original briefing?

+ JamesSoprano on June 1st, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

Ok i’m setting my self up for a let down AGAIN but … are Canadians involved in this giveaway as well or is our laws inflicting on plain normal getting free stuff too? sorry if that sounds rude but we Canadians don’t get to partake in alot of things as you know and we very much hate it… so if we are allowed to participate as well give us a Canadians a ” BIG YES ” please

+ MGSTigerFox on June 1st, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

Too bad I have to earn a living and work… just like millions of other people… =)

I hope that the E3 Highlight Videos will be available on the PSN for free again this year… with more coverage for those of us who don’t get to see one bit of it live.

+ Enforcer_X on June 1st, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

Now this is what I like from Home!

+ JohnnyBeans on June 1st, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

Most of the community already knew this, thanks for telling us late though man. :)

+ RyuPower on June 1st, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

i hope i can see the videos,now that the stream

but they all keep buffing ever few secs

so i wish as they d/l as they stream so when they restart the don’t need to buffer

the old D/L then play worked fine
but the streaming system, then buffer makes it hard to view the videos

+ Sneeches on June 1st, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

that’s pretty sweet!!! I’ll be logging in to check it out.

Also inFAMOUS was suppose to give us new clothing in home… but nothing has shown up in our wardrobe, what’s up?

+ TailsTheCat on June 1st, 2009 at 11:47 am said:

Why do I have all this bandwidth if I cant watch it live? Pathetic. Almost as pathetic as Microsoft’s conference.

+ TakiFuGu on June 1st, 2009 at 11:52 am said:

Microsoft megaton! Kojima MGS Rizing!

+ glody on June 1st, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

Congrats Sony for losing Metal Gear Solid. And Xbox 360 is getting DLC first…REALLY??? WOW…so sad.

+ glody on June 1st, 2009 at 11:55 am said:

DLC for Modern Warfare 2 first….for xbox 360…sorry I was so upset i forgot to type what game…

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on June 1st, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

hmm too bad MGS is no longer exclusive. But we still have those awesome 1st party exclusives. plus the surprises (that hopefully) will be revealed tomorrow. Also, Bring back Backwards Compatibility.

+ TakiFuGu on June 1st, 2009 at 12:01 pm said:

(DELETED) man, we lost Kojima. 360 is not getting MGS4 but they are getting the new one. No wonder they don’t have time to add Trophy support for MGS4. DAMNIT!

+ samich2007 on June 1st, 2009 at 12:01 pm said:

Can you give us your first responds to the presentation from microsoft (mgs for 360, new community services).

Are you going to announce some new community serivices?

+ MalcolmHB on June 1st, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

I sincerely hope Sony have got some impressive announcements at E3 because right now I am feeling so let down. Microsoft are coming out with some great announcements. :(

+ TakiFuGu on June 1st, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

Facebook and Twitter. That’s heavy!

+ TakiFuGu on June 1st, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

OMG! I can’t believe Kojima! I know its business but damn Kojima. I stood inline all day to get your signature for MGS4. I’m getting a little emotional man.

+ Insomnia999 on June 1st, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

Man, Sony, Microsoft just brought the house down! You guys better come out strong or you are truly finished!!! MGS on Xbox…..

You guys have to prove to me why I shouldn’t go pick up a Xbox after what they showed.

+ sNsKid on June 1st, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

I think I’ll just watch everything on internet using my PC.

+ TakiFuGu on June 1st, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

Allan Wake and Halo ODST looks dated. I wasn’t blown away by their conference but the MGS thing hurt my heart man!

+ sNsKid on June 1st, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Microsoft really stepped their game up.

+ phinnv8 on June 1st, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Metal Gear series now on Xbox, Project Natal, Forza 3 actually ANNOUNCED? Netflix updates, party mode where you can even watch movies together now???

Good luck Sony, your gonna crash and burn if you dont IMPROVE the hell out of the PS3 software (not the hardware, the SOFTWARE) to complete with all this stuff. And DROP the price. I might as well sell my PS3 and get a 360 if you don’t.

+ millerdude75 on June 1st, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

This is the year to make or break the PS3. Give us some great PS3 exlusives and don’t put out any more duds like Socom. Get ‘Home’ out of beta and stop trying to nickle and dime us with worthless crap in the home mall. Microsoft looks like they are on top of their game with their announcements today and the day isn’t even over. Don’t let us down Sony!

+ DMPrince on June 1st, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

hahaha. You lost already Sony. Give it up.

+ DonnyG on June 1st, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

After what I just witnessed Sony better bring their A game.

PAGE 1 2 3 4