Spider-Man PS4

Jun 01

Jun 01

E3 Comes to PlayStation Home

Locust_Star's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Home Community Manager

In case you haven’t noticed, the almighty Internets have been abuzz with gossip about E3, PlayStation Home, and where the two will meet. Well I’m here to put the rumors to rest once and for all, and confirm what the community has been whispering about in the corners of Home over the last month.

PlayStation Home media & events space

Here’s the deal: We will be showcasing a special taping of Jack Tretton’s E3 Keynote Address in-world come Tuesday evening. We’ll also be bringing you tons of showroom floor footage, developer interviews, sneak peeks, and other cool vids courtesy of our friends over here at the PlayStation.Blog. All you have to do is head over to the Presentation Podium to watch it on the big screen. This special Events space is accessible via the Menu Pad – just press Start > Locations > World Map then select the PlayStation Home World Map chip and press X. This will break out into several other chips; just scroll over to the Presentation Podium chip, press X, and teleport your self to the party.

This shindig is running for the entirety of E3. That’s right – 3 full days. So whether you’re a morning bird or a night owl, you can come into PlayStation Home and check out this hot footage. We’ll also be giving away limited-time, exclusive virtual items. But you’ll have to keep your eyes peeled and make sure that you are in-world all-day, every day if you want to get them all…

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

sprice25 said:

June 1st, 10:03 am

Neat concept… will be logged in and waiting!

Carl-G said:

June 1st, 10:04 am

Nice 1! ;)

Chaos_Bladez said:

June 1st, 10:05 am

This are the kind of things HOME would be good for.
It’d be funny if there was a Jack Tretton avatar at every press conference in there. :)

I will be watching it on TV though, my internet connection isn’t too stable.

Jeigh said:

June 1st, 10:06 am

Well, it’s a nice idea, but, while I may be speaking for myself here, I don’t really think expecting us to being there 24-hours a day, or even the 12 relevant hours of the day is very reasonable. Some of us have jobs, college, loved ones (though we can cut that last one out XD). Show some elasticity.

remanutd5 said:

June 1st, 10:07 am

superb , this is what Playstation Home should be , superb news locust star , i hope we get first party titles home game spaces soon , and i like the R2 home space , specially the mini game , keep it up guys , one good idea would be if you guys could get insonmiac’s full moon show to be air live at Resistance or Ratchet home game spaces

SyphonFilter- said:

June 1st, 10:07 am

Is it goign to be live only or can you come see it later? Also will Kaz Hirai be at the conference too?

Locust_Star's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

June 1st, 10:15 am

The E3 keynote will be looping throughout the evening hours from 06.02 – 06.04 in the Presentation Podium space.

LokeSTL said:

June 1st, 10:08 am

So what will you guys be doing about my June episode of Qore? I assume that it will be live again eventually, but how am I to download it now that it doesn’t show up in my DL list? I assume that you’ll have to give it away for free. So should I expect an extra episode since I am a yearly subscriber?

Tell you what, give me a free code to download the upcoming FFVII and we’ll call it even. No, seriously.

GGCAN said:

June 1st, 10:08 am

Thanks Locust_Star.

Read about this on other blogs.

It’s nice Home is supporting this, but I can see this space i s going to be very packed.

Wondering if maybe next year, we could use the Video screen in our Club houses ?

Currently those Video screens in the clubhouse don’t do a thing.

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

June 1st, 10:09 am

Take that MICROSUX, we got Home to go watch E3 in, what do they got? NOTHING for their fans. I LOVE YOU SONY PLAYSTATION, Marry Me?

Get a nice closeup of Go!

Both Babe Video’s please….

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

June 1st, 10:11 am

Oh and I had a clubhouse in the closed beta but it’s no longer showing up when I log into Home( yes I go there now). Any chance someone could look into that for me. I’ll let the whole socom/warhawk thing pass if you can fix that for me….

mixedkidbx said:

June 1st, 10:12 am

it’s so nice when you guys finally make the “offical” announcements so that all these muti-threads can stop about guessing and things.

i just wish you guys would do announcements before the media does. i think it’s really messed up that we find out about things from the media first before we even hear a peep outta you guys.

DonnyG said:

June 1st, 10:15 am

cool idea

CRUNKRIS said:

June 1st, 10:15 am

I’m there. I just gotta collect all those mystery items. They shall be mine!!!!

This is gonna be sooo awesome. Sony = Win!!

Delriach said:

June 1st, 10:15 am

good stuff.

Kamahl_rg said:

June 1st, 10:16 am

im probably gonna check that out… if i got time though.

CRUNKRIS said:

June 1st, 10:16 am

Hey, is the home community gonna be part of the Sony E3 presentation?

gigakain said:

June 1st, 10:16 am

I am in home now and there are no new vids up yet.

crazypeng1 said:

June 1st, 10:18 am

so just to be sure about this, it will NOT be live correct? if so, i’ll be watching on ign, then get here later in the day.

StrykerIsland said:

June 1st, 10:22 am

Please tell me the video will download instead of stream.

For some reason, any video inside of Home that streams, continuously buffers so I cannot watch them.

The ones that pre-download work fine. Please tell me that you’ll be using the download method?

SlaveSpawn said:

June 1st, 10:27 am

Cool concept but… seriously all day to get the special items ?? : (

I’ll be on a few hrs every night but… I’m not going to do a race to meltdown with my spensive ps3. I plan’d to watch the coverage on Tv since I own more then one console.

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

June 1st, 10:30 am

I was going to stop by and check it out, but if you have to be there all day to get the virtual item I won’t bother.

ultrakilla said:

June 1st, 10:33 am

omg this is awesome but whats worrying me is that will the bandwidth hold?? or will i be kicked out lol

Darnell0216 said:

June 1st, 10:36 am

We can’t be in there all day to collect the special items. I’m watching E3 on my PS3 (no more G4 >_<) while I watch tweets/live blogs from the PC to spread out my info intake.

SPOPS said:

June 1st, 10:36 am

Does this mean that we will not see the HD video on the PS store like last year?

Quincho said:

June 1st, 10:49 am

are u guys showing the whole sony conference?

or maybe ur showing other stuff?

StalkingSilence said:

June 1st, 10:50 am

Cool thanks! “Special Taping” does that mean it’s not the original briefing?

JamesSoprano said:

June 1st, 11:10 am

Ok i’m setting my self up for a let down AGAIN but … are Canadians involved in this giveaway as well or is our laws inflicting on plain normal getting free stuff too? sorry if that sounds rude but we Canadians don’t get to partake in alot of things as you know and we very much hate it… so if we are allowed to participate as well give us a Canadians a ” BIG YES ” please

MGSTigerFox said:

June 1st, 11:15 am

Too bad I have to earn a living and work… just like millions of other people… =)

I hope that the E3 Highlight Videos will be available on the PSN for free again this year… with more coverage for those of us who don’t get to see one bit of it live.

Enforcer_X said:

June 1st, 11:26 am

Now this is what I like from Home!

JohnnyBeans said:

June 1st, 11:30 am

Most of the community already knew this, thanks for telling us late though man. :)

RyuPower said:

June 1st, 11:32 am

i hope i can see the videos,now that the stream

but they all keep buffing ever few secs

so i wish as they d/l as they stream so when they restart the don’t need to buffer

the old D/L then play worked fine
but the streaming system, then buffer makes it hard to view the videos

Sneeches said:

June 1st, 11:44 am

that’s pretty sweet!!! I’ll be logging in to check it out.

Also inFAMOUS was suppose to give us new clothing in home… but nothing has shown up in our wardrobe, what’s up?

TailsTheCat said:

June 1st, 11:47 am

Why do I have all this bandwidth if I cant watch it live? Pathetic. Almost as pathetic as Microsoft’s conference.

TakiFuGu said:

June 1st, 11:52 am

Microsoft megaton! Kojima MGS Rizing!

glody said:

June 1st, 11:54 am

Congrats Sony for losing Metal Gear Solid. And Xbox 360 is getting DLC first…REALLY??? WOW…so sad.

glody said:

June 1st, 11:55 am

DLC for Modern Warfare 2 first….for xbox 360…sorry I was so upset i forgot to type what game…

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

June 1st, 12:00 pm

hmm too bad MGS is no longer exclusive. But we still have those awesome 1st party exclusives. plus the surprises (that hopefully) will be revealed tomorrow. Also, Bring back Backwards Compatibility.

TakiFuGu said:

June 1st, 12:01 pm

(DELETED) man, we lost Kojima. 360 is not getting MGS4 but they are getting the new one. No wonder they don’t have time to add Trophy support for MGS4. DAMNIT!

samich2007 said:

June 1st, 12:01 pm

Can you give us your first responds to the presentation from microsoft (mgs for 360, new community services).

Are you going to announce some new community serivices?

MalcolmHB said:

June 1st, 12:03 pm

I sincerely hope Sony have got some impressive announcements at E3 because right now I am feeling so let down. Microsoft are coming out with some great announcements. :(

TakiFuGu said:

June 1st, 12:08 pm

Facebook and Twitter. That’s heavy!

TakiFuGu said:

June 1st, 12:11 pm

OMG! I can’t believe Kojima! I know its business but damn Kojima. I stood inline all day to get your signature for MGS4. I’m getting a little emotional man.

Insomnia999 said:

June 1st, 12:21 pm

Man, Sony, Microsoft just brought the house down! You guys better come out strong or you are truly finished!!! MGS on Xbox…..

You guys have to prove to me why I shouldn’t go pick up a Xbox after what they showed.

sNsKid said:

June 1st, 12:24 pm

I think I’ll just watch everything on internet using my PC.

TakiFuGu said:

June 1st, 12:24 pm

Allan Wake and Halo ODST looks dated. I wasn’t blown away by their conference but the MGS thing hurt my heart man!

sNsKid said:

June 1st, 12:25 pm

Microsoft really stepped their game up.

phinnv8 said:

June 1st, 12:25 pm

Metal Gear series now on Xbox, Project Natal, Forza 3 actually ANNOUNCED? Netflix updates, party mode where you can even watch movies together now???

Good luck Sony, your gonna crash and burn if you dont IMPROVE the hell out of the PS3 software (not the hardware, the SOFTWARE) to complete with all this stuff. And DROP the price. I might as well sell my PS3 and get a 360 if you don’t.

millerdude75 said:

June 1st, 12:25 pm

This is the year to make or break the PS3. Give us some great PS3 exlusives and don’t put out any more duds like Socom. Get ‘Home’ out of beta and stop trying to nickle and dime us with worthless crap in the home mall. Microsoft looks like they are on top of their game with their announcements today and the day isn’t even over. Don’t let us down Sony!

DMPrince said:

June 1st, 12:26 pm

hahaha. You lost already Sony. Give it up.

DonnyG said:

June 1st, 12:26 pm

After what I just witnessed Sony better bring their A game.

PAGE 1 2 3 4