Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Jun 01

Jun 01

WipEout HD Fury Expansion Pack Details

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar Posted by Producer, SCEA

Hi everyone! This is Daimion Pinnock, Producer for WipEout HD, back to introduce Game Director Tony Buckley. He’s here to tell you about a brand new expansion pack for WipEout HD, as well as its first showing this week at E3!

Hello everybody,

I’m Tony Buckley, Game Director for WipEout HD and I’m pleased to announce that the team here at Studio Liverpool have been busy working on a new expansion pack for your favourite anti-gravity racer.

And what’s more, it is set to be given its first public showing at this week’s E3 expo, so if you’re lucky enough to be attending, make sure you stop by and try it out!

WipEout HD DLC 1 WipEout HD DLC 4

WipEout HD DLC 6 WipEout HD DLC 3

The WipEout HD Fury expansion pack will increase the content of your current game with 8 new tracks, 13 new ship models and 3 new game modes, 2 of which will be available for online play! In addition there will be new trophies to attain, a re-styled front-end and a selection of new & improved multiplayer functionality!

The Eliminator game mode will allow you to release all that pent-up aggression as you use the full arsenal of Wipeout weaponry to destroy your opponents. Forget those racing lines; this is all about destruction, with the victor being the first to reach the target score!

Zone Battle is about risk and reward! Acceleration is automatic as you swoop over zone pads to fill your zone bar. Your choice is whether to use the bar to increase your speed and boost your ship ever closer to the target zone or absorb it to replenish vital lost energy. Warning, avoid the ‘zone barriers’, obstacles left on the track by your opponents as they boost towards the target zone, hitting these can literally destroy your hopes of victory!

Our Detonator mode introduces a brand new ship model to the game that will test both your piloting skills and your shooting accuracy as you accelerate through as many as 14 stages. Score points by destroying the mines that have been strewn along the track and take out the bomb on each stage to earn additional points. The more accurate you are the more points and bonuses you will score!

Just like the original WipEout HD, all the new content will be released in glorious 1080p resolution and will run at a smooth 60fps.

Take a sneak peek at the track and ship visuals in our WipEout HD Fury trailer and selection of screenshots.

Remember, Wipeout HD is available exclusively from PlayStation Store so check it out in readiness for the release of the Fury expansion pack coming this summer!

Add Your Own

SinsToJudge said:

June 1st, 8:00 am

Love the new robot at the end, keep that. Reminds me of the ‘Playstation’ whisper of the original Playstation days :D

As for the actual announcement; you guys owe me a new pair of pants. Bloody fantastic and I cant wait to throw my money at you ^_^

eddyavfc said:

June 1st, 8:05 am

I am so excited! I’ve been waiting aaaages for DLC for this game.

I wish people would stop complaining about the difficulty – how about stop complaining and try and get better? Surely that’s the point of the game.

Xoonaka said:

June 1st, 8:16 am

Free or paid?

Cat_Corye said:

June 1st, 8:17 am

God my PS3 his going to hate me even more >_< more things to download on to my little old 80GB HDD or should I say 30GB.

GGCAN said:

June 1st, 8:22 am

Wow !

Very nice…..didn’t expect DLC for Wipeout HD but this is great.

ninjatuned said:

June 1st, 8:22 am

Looks like Paul Tweedle from the Studio Liverpool team is answering questions on the Playstation EU blog.

He details the maps and some other questions.

Sakimori_X said:

June 1st, 8:29 am

Ah, nice to see the Eliminator mode make its triumphant return!

AG-Wolf said:

June 1st, 8:35 am

This looks amazing, I can’t wait. Let’s just hope the online/network issues have been solved or at least improved.

haran_elessar said:

June 1st, 8:45 am

This is great! Wipeout HD is one of the best games of this generation. I will buy the expansion on day one.

the only bad thing is my 60gb PS3 has hardly any space left. I recently deleted Oblivion’s and MGS4’s install but I still only have about 3gb left (Bioshock recently took 5gb..ouch!). I guess I’ll have to delete Home since I hardly ever use it…too bad.

Mycosynth said:

June 1st, 8:55 am

I NEED THIS NOW!!!!!!

triple_lei said:

June 1st, 8:56 am

Well, I *was* going to get myself a new 500 GB hard drive… guess I’d better get one sooner than later…

@5 (nYcFrEeWiLL82)

Maybe you’ll learn about racing line (and proper capitalization) in five or ten years, or whenever you finish high school. I doubt you’d be any better in GT5.

@20 (zabbyh)

What glitch? Zone Zeus requires 75 zones. If it’s the Airbreaker trophy you’re talking about, you need to reach Zone 50 using only the brakes – in other words, you need to turn motion controls off, AND YOU CAN’T TOUCH THE D-PAD OR THE ANALOG STICK AT ALL.

Dark_Vincent said:

June 1st, 8:57 am

WipEout HD is the best value for your money on the PSN. Expansion pack? I’m in!

haran_elessar said:

June 1st, 8:58 am

I’m glad you guys are using the old “playstation” for the ads. Its catchy and fun…much better than the sound you were using for the PS3 before (which tried to convey power).

Also the PLAYSTATION 3 logo has been changed to be more in line with the old PS2 logo. It looks similar to that “slim PS3” logo…is that a hint of things to come? Rebranding the system for a “whole new launch” this winter? Bunch of great exclusives, new model and new price point…I think the pieces are set…I sincerly hope the strategy works…good luck!

jixjax said:

June 1st, 8:59 am

Can’t wait! WipEoutHD needed this!

effestop said:

June 1st, 9:07 am

OMG this is awesome!
Are there new soundtracks also?
I love this game!!!

NJz-Greatest-420 said:

June 1st, 9:12 am

idk about you guys but i like playing games that take skills to accomplish.

whatisdelicious said:

June 1st, 9:16 am

Really happy to see this but you should’ve just saved it for E3. God knows you guys need more surprises, whatever they are. Right now it’s just like “BAM! Leak. BAM! Leak. BAM! Leak.”

darthlego said:

June 1st, 9:17 am

I am still waiting for the wipEout Pulse expansions to become available in the U.S.

I love eliminator, so I will definitely be buying this.

Poopookakabumbum said:

June 1st, 9:19 am

Please guys,

I am *begging* you.

PLEASE release this on a disc!

PPPLLEEAASSEE!

gor1llap1mp said:

June 1st, 9:21 am

Thank you so very much Sir Daimion and the entire Studio Liverpool for answering my prayers. Probably one of the only things I was hoping for this E3. Eliminator is back!? Wow, let me ask you has your website been updated with forums so we may discuss all things WipeOut? Also, why is it America doesnt have access to the DLC for WipeOut Pulse for PSP? Keep it up and keep the DLC coming as we shall gladly support you til the end!

Oh, one last thing, can you provide any info on the rumored PS2 WipeOut game that was to be a port of the PSP versions?

Thanx and Cheers!

razor_sharp84 said:

June 1st, 9:22 am

This looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the update.

Michelasso said:

June 1st, 9:25 am

I suck at this game but for sure it is a must buy!! God job, you guys are great.

BTW any chance to get a configurable single button to do the barrel rool? :D

Yannick said:

June 1st, 9:27 am

@Daimion Pinnock

release this DLC at 4,99€ and you’ll get my money! :)

BTW will you add 8 new BGM with the circuits?

Germz said:

June 1st, 9:29 am

Day 1!

zombie9 said:

June 1st, 9:30 am

Been awhile since I played Wipeout to busy with other games but this is cool news best news I have heard all day.
@triple_lei
Also I never knew you could use your brakes and stear without your using your anolog stick. Neat have to go try that. Thanks for tip! it’s still going to be hard though. :)

BigPoppaB said:

June 1st, 9:44 am

why dont you guys EVER divulge the most important piece of info… the price

FrankCastleAZ said:

June 1st, 9:45 am

Oh HELLYEAH! I know you said “8 new tracks” but I REALLY want Wipeout XL (2097) and Wipeout 3 tracks in HD. Please keep em coming.
Great job thanks.
-FrankCastleAZ

aerobie2 said:

June 1st, 9:50 am

AWESOME!!! The best news I’ve heard since the original WipEout HD!
I bought a PS3 specifically for this game!
I was so excited when I saw the announcement, I had an actual adrenaline rush! AWESOME!!!

wuzzerWillabee said:

June 1st, 9:52 am

I am pleasantly shocked!

Chaos_Bladez said:

June 1st, 10:09 am

I still am wonder if I should pick this up because I’m getting a $50 PSN card for the PSP GO! :D

PlatformPro said:

June 1st, 10:37 am

Please tell me this expansion includes SILVERSTREAM. I don’t understand how it’s possible to re-make old venues and leave out the best racing track ever conceived!

TubaDude49 said:

June 1st, 10:45 am

Wow.
Hope its at a good price point, unlike Burnout DLC.

Donla said:

June 1st, 10:57 am

Wipeout HD is pretty fun. But all I need to know is the price for the expansion pack, and you got me. Only thing I do wish was that it wasn’t such a hard task to compete on the higher difficulties. You just seem to be going peanutbutter slow while everyone runs circles around you, lol.

MetaKraken said:

June 1st, 11:16 am

w00T! This is awesome! Wipeout HD Furt FTW!!

Allthings said:

June 1st, 11:33 am

Hey Wipeout team. Please make it so, so you dont have to keep holding the X button down for speed, insted it would be much better if it was reversed, so you should press X when you wantet to brake form the default max speed, then you wouldent ruin your controller so fast and you thumb would also feel alot better.

Please please…..!

I have ruined 2 X buttonts on 2 controllers just by playing Wipeout. The X button on my controllers are so ****** up that i have to press with all my finger strenght just to get up to full speed. This can be right, so please reverse the X button so it speeds up to max speed when you arent touching the button.

mafecto said:

June 1st, 11:46 am

AWESOME!!!!

MidnightBlues said:

June 1st, 11:47 am

No way am I going back to this game unless the difficulty is toned down… At the moment it is borderline rediculous…there is no competitive racing going on…just a frustrating drive in last place as you desperatly hope for miracle. Its boring to try and race when all the opponents take the lead and just zip past you at a pace that cant be matched by any of the craft I can control….

Tone down the difficulty and I might consider playing this game again…until then no thanks to the DLC.

Kairon said:

June 1st, 11:49 am

Can’t wait!
I hope the expansion comes with new music as well. Looking forward to this, day one purchase no question.

jipmg said:

June 1st, 12:15 pm

yea im getting this

vakaloka_ said:

June 1st, 12:31 pm

How much is it going to be?

MixPix72 said:

June 1st, 12:32 pm

pretty stoked about this. it will get me playing the game again. i just wish the zone games were a tad bit easier but thats not why i play this game. it is mainly due to i had brain surgery a month ago and the doc is worried about seizures so i am a bit worried that this game would trigger one LOL. i dont think it would but better to be safe than sorry right?

Morgenrot said:

June 1st, 12:53 pm

Positive to get a Update – Pack .

Negative is that the Bug on the top part i mean 1cm down from the top of my screen, theres tearing on turns something like
a mirror from the Rest or somethink like that.
It´s only 1cm and only in that area.

ReInstall make the same Result.

( and yeah other Games runs without this Problems – it´s only WipeoutHD )

Hope for a fix.

triple_lei said:

June 1st, 1:21 pm

Also, let’s keep this game download-only! Online is a big part of the experience and necessary for patches, and if you CAN download this game but choose not to, you’re just being another whiny crybaby who doesn’t deserve ANY next-gen game.

Anyone wondering which of the next-gen consoles has the best online service need only look at this game and its budget-title price. Put the next PS3 WipEout game on BD if you must, but we NEED to keep this game download-only!

VehicleDestroyr said:

June 1st, 1:24 pm

This is a cool expansion and I would like to have the new tracks and gamemodes but I am not purchasing this DLC untill you get the WipEout Pulse expansions on the north american playstation store.

vangaurdsoldier said:

June 1st, 2:37 pm

The Zone Battle sounds just what I needed for a battle fix especially when they should added this in the first time around. New maps/racers should be good, I hope so.

Sw1tch said:

June 1st, 2:43 pm

I love you Studio Liverpool <3 <3.Best game ever

ChainClutch said:

June 1st, 2:59 pm

I love wipeout HD, i will certainly be purchasing this add-on content.. about time we get some wipeout HD DLC!, the game is challenging but not overly enough that its frustrating like motorstorm pacific rift for example.

Allthings said:

June 1st, 3:59 pm

SNIP:I can’t believe so many people are complaining about difficulty. Do you just not know how to play the game? What, you can’t learn a racing line? Are barrel rolls too hard? Or maybe you just need to adjust the analog sensitivity so you don’t HAVE to hammer the X button all the way down for full speed? I try not to blame the victim here, but all you whiners need to shape up.

What, does the sensitivity settings also effect the X button…?..this i was not aware of.

But other than that i dont have any problems with the dificulty, i think its just as hard as it needs to be, ofcause some maps are really hard to get gold at elite, but that is what makes this game so great, because you really feel good when you get those hard levels.
Lastly i would really like if you (wipeout team) could integrate the soundtrack form the PSP game Wipeout Pure, it had a GREAT soundtrack, that would be most welkommen in the new patch. :)

Zaldyn_Atreides said:

June 2nd, 12:06 am

One word:
FINALLY!!!!!!!!

HighLuxury said:

June 2nd, 12:28 am

I really dig the japanese “playstation” at the end. Simply because of its ear catching uniqueness… hope Sony uses this for future trailers.