PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

E3 09: The Best Talent = The Best Titles

Scott Rohde's Avatar + Posted by Scott Rohde on Jun 02, 2009 // SVP of Product Development, Worldwide Studios America, SCEA

Hi PlayStation fans, I’m Scott Rohde, VP of product development at SCEA. You may not realize this, but we have over 2500 Worldwide Studio employees who’s jobs are focused on bringing unique IP to the PlayStation platforms. And that number doesn’t even include the talented outside developers like Sucker Punch, Insomniac and United Front Games. That’s a lot of people working hard to bring you one of the best software line-ups that we’ve ever put out in a calendar year.

We are starting NOW with inFAMOUS, the incredible new open world action title from Sucker Punch that hit store shelves last week, MAG – the first and only 256 player FPS coming out of our Zipper studio, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, the latest epic creation from the brilliant, creative minds at Naughty Dog, and Ratchet and Clank Future 2: A Crack in Time, another exciting chapter in the Ratchet series from our long-time partners at Insomniac… and the list goes on.

Our team invests the time and dollars to bring you a diverse library of games, games which our competitors might find too risky to take a chance on. Make sure to check the news from the press conference to see and hear a little more about Worldwide Studios future vision. We showed an incredible 14 disc based first party games today that you simply will not find on another system.

For example, I’m excited to announce the debut of the next big thing in the Play, Create, Share genre – ModNation Racers. This game joins LittleBigPlanet as another truly innovative title in a genre that continues to be defined by Sony. In ModNation Racers, the players can design their own karts, drivers and tracks with an intuitive, yet amazingly deep set of tools. In fact, the tools are so deep, the developer, United Front Games, is using the tools to build the entire game! We will have a lot more to share on ModNation Racers, so stay tuned.

I’m incredibly excited about the SCE first party exclusive lineup over the next 6-12 months, and I’m only scratching the surface in this quick post. To whet your appetite, take a look at the new UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves.

Be sure to check back for details during and after E3 for more updates.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ DustyBlue on June 2nd, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

YAY! Elena and Sully are back! I’m so happy…

+ Rimkus on June 2nd, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

Holy ballz.

Elena is back!!! WOOT!

This might be my GOTY. Jeez… and I thought inFamous was good enough this year

+ Worm- on June 2nd, 2009 at 7:31 pm said:

Hey Jeff, great job guys! Can we get the MAG game play footage on the psn store???

+ THE_SPANIARD on June 2nd, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

yay Elena is back!

+ Poopookakabumbum on June 2nd, 2009 at 9:05 pm said:

Uncharted 2 is a HUGE disappointment.

Looks like Naughty Dog have forgotten what made the first game so great. I don’t want a generic 3rd person action-shooter with pointless multi-player. What a shame.

That said, Last Guardian wins Best of Show from me. :D

+ Kenoji on June 2nd, 2009 at 9:23 pm said:

“Day One” purchase for me! This game will be awesome.

+ Korbei83 on June 2nd, 2009 at 9:36 pm said:

I’ll say it right now.. Game of the Year that will never be nominated.

+ Gavi on June 2nd, 2009 at 9:42 pm said:

Amazing trailer, simply amazing. One of the best ever, it is still a video game right and not a movie?

Great to see Sully and Elena in the ingle player campaign. Who was worried that the SP campaign would take a hit as ND pursued co-op and competitive modes? Not me. Always believed in ND. Bow to the gods.

+ Death10011001 on June 2nd, 2009 at 10:59 pm said:

@44 (blinky) what do we want updated so bad you ask? the answer is simple… ALOT of things…

+ Death10011001 on June 2nd, 2009 at 11:00 pm said:

anyways… Looks like fun

+ joostin on June 2nd, 2009 at 11:22 pm said:

OMG Naughty Dog! Just played the Uncharted 2 MP Beta and I must say it has the most impressing multiplayer graphics to date, Can’t wait to see how the single player plays.
Hats off to you fine sirs.

+ mclaren777 on June 3rd, 2009 at 12:47 am said:

I hope Taku Imasaki reads this…

GT PSP looks really cool but I’m disappointed that it only supports four cars racing at once. I’m guessing it could easily handle eight vehicles at 30fps and I’d gladly sacrifice half the framerate to make that happen. Other than that, keep up the great work (and thanks for reverting back to the chase camera from GT1-GT3).

+ Carnivius_Prime on June 3rd, 2009 at 1:02 am said:

#155 are you insane? Uncharted 2 looks to be everything the original was and much more. Naughty Dog know what they’re doing and that trailer was incredible. Games like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy need to look at Uncharted and see how you can get that movie feel without it providing huge breaks inbetween actual gameplay. Uncharted 2 looks gorgeous too and it’s great to see Elena back but Chloe looks hot too :)

My beta code doesn’t work yet though :(

+ IronChefWong on June 3rd, 2009 at 1:37 am said:

Naughty Dog killed my PS3.

I was booting up a multiplayer game of Uncharted 2’s Beta, and just as soon as the game loaded up, it all goes blank.

PS3 turned off. I try turning it back on…just a couple of beeps and a yellow light. YLOD…I was able to eject my disk before it turns off again. Seriously…I get into the Beta and this is how my PS3 repays me even with frequent vacuuming and dusting.

By the time I get my PS3 repaired…the Beta will be over, I will have lost a 60GB PS3 with backwards compatability and all my game saves lost.

So much for the hardware reliability.
Thanks Sony.

+ Arthael_ on June 3rd, 2009 at 1:56 am said:

Please, will we have a Gow III trailer ?

Thanks.

+ nickjd331 on June 3rd, 2009 at 2:00 am said:

I just saw Elena, I have made my day.

I was always hoping that Elena and Sully would be in it. My anticipation for this game has risen tenfold, and it wasn’t small to start with!

Thank you Naughty Dog!!!!!!!

+ Caemgen on June 3rd, 2009 at 3:53 am said:

I’ve played the beta and it’s awesome. But there are a few things that could be improved/added. For instance:

• Notify player before leaving a party (by pressing ‘circle’ you will leave right away, which could be annoying if it’s by mistake)
• Accept invites/Join friend’s party while you’re in a (private) game.
• Invite ‘recently met players’ too, without sending them a friend request first.
• Take a look at the stats of other players (including earned medals) by selecting their names in a game/lobby and pressing ‘X’.
• Display all of the medals you’ve earned, and explain WHY they have been earned.
• Standard Ranked deathmatch-games should be MUCH longer. A 25 kill-limit is not enough. 50 would be a lot better.
• No respawn (or much slower respawns)-mode!!!
• In Red Faction: Guerrilla, players can select ‘Party up’ after a match is finished. Everyone else that does the same will stay together in a party, so they can play together in the next game(s) as well.
• Custom soundtrack?

+ Arcturian on June 3rd, 2009 at 5:51 am said:

who’s jobs are

+ Kei-Ender on June 3rd, 2009 at 6:18 am said:

Nice…im still drooling over Uncharted trailer.. the trailer is awesome

+ Wongster4321 on June 3rd, 2009 at 6:42 am said:

I would have like a new GOW for psp sony WTF

+ SPARDA on June 3rd, 2009 at 6:58 am said:

That is the most beautiful game my eye have ever seen.

GAME OF THE YEAR

for SURE!!!

+ Rival_31 on June 3rd, 2009 at 7:18 am said:

Must have for me!

+ russ_XD on June 3rd, 2009 at 8:02 am said:

argh i’ve found a anoying glitch on the beta i go to hide behind a wall on the cover u see in the video and my guy slides and floats below the ledge

+ russ_XD on June 3rd, 2009 at 8:02 am said:

i took a pic if there is anyway of sending it?

+ sNsKid on June 3rd, 2009 at 8:21 am said:

Please tell me that Sony’s press conference @E3 2009 will be available for download in the PS Store!! It was epic!

+ RobRoks on June 3rd, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

“I’m last years model” lawl nice one, loving it. Amazing E3 please for the love of god sony change that remote tho but good stuff hardware and software for PS3 and PSP :P But not joking you wont get too many sales with that price in UK ..

+ sscoolChea on June 3rd, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

Sony E3 rocks…………………god of war and uncharted gave me the chills…

+ Utmost-Nutszo on June 3rd, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

Elena! w00t!

LOVE that the “Playstation!” voice is back as well as the new logo/branding of “PS3″ instead of the long “P L A Y S T A T I O N 3″ look. Definitely more recognizable to the non-hardcore gamer.

+ Thrasher20 on June 3rd, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

Sony you guys PWNED the stage!!! WAYYYYY BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ osufan21 on June 3rd, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

I thought at E3 Scea would announce a new firmware update including a Music Video Service and Probably the most asked for feature for the past two years! that is of course IN-GAME CHAT but No that as far as i know that hasnt happened. The way i see it, we players and Sony fans are being ignored. Please add the feature of In-Game Chat.

+ doityharry on June 3rd, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

Best facial animations in cutscenes ever! Very lifelike.

+ whitegoat1130 on June 3rd, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

you guys got me. i havent gotten the first one yet but planning on buying my 3rd ps3 and getting the 160GB with Uncharted. Awesome. keep it up. would also like some more info on GT5 and the new motion controllers =]

+ VERYADHD on June 3rd, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

I am so gald to be the owner of a PS3 Infamous is the best.

+ maddude97 on June 5th, 2009 at 7:03 pm said: