PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jun 04, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Update: we are experiencing a delay with Qore episode 13 and working to get it to you as soon as possible.

Hi Everyone –

It’s time for the weekly PlayStation Store Update.

Downloadable Games

Fight Night Round 4 Demo

Overlord II Demo

Add-on Game Content

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Voodoo Signature Livery Pack
Free

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• A Favor House Atlantic – Coheed & Cambria ($1.99)
  • Bonnaroo Pack 01 ($9.99)
  • Shimmer & Shine – Ben Harper ($1.99)
  • The Running Free – Coheed & Cambria ($1.99)
  • Wilson (Live) – Phish ($1.99)
  • Steady at the Wheel – Shooter Jennings ($1.99)
  • Wolf Like Me – TV on the Radio ($1.99)

Rock Band Unplugged

• The Kill – 30 Seconds to Mars ($1.99)
  • Feed the Tree – Belly ($1.99)
  • Inside the Fire – Disturbed ($1.99)
  • Gimme Three Steps – Lynyrd Skynyrd ($1.99)
  • Hysteria – Muse ($1.99)
  • Typical – Mute Math ($1.99)
  • Just a Girl – No Doubt ($1.99)
  • Wonderwall – Oasis ($1.99)
  • Crushcrushcrush – Paramore ($1.99)
  • Under the Bridge – Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)

Sonic Unleashed Apatos & Shamar Adventure Pack

Smobile Premium PS3 Themes

Anime MBM Theme III
$1.49

Elven-X Theme II
$1.49

Wallpaper (free)

Bionic Commando Wallpapers (x4)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Street Fighter Alpha 2 (PSOne Classic)
$5.99

Add-on Game Content

Rock Band Unplugged

• The Kill – 30 Seconds to Mars ($1.99)
  • Feed the Tree – Belly ($1.99)
  • Inside the Fire – Disturbed ($1.99)
  • Gimme Three Steps – Lynyrd Skynyrd ($1.99)
  • Hysteria – Muse ($1.99)
  • Typical – Mute Math ($1.99)
  • Just a Girl – No Doubt ($1.99)
  • Wonderwall – Oasis ($1.99)
  • Crushcrushcrush – Paramore ($1.99)
  • Under the Bridge – Red Hot Chili Peppers ($1.99)

Game Videos (free)

$0.99

Elven-X Theme 4
$0.99

172 Comments

+ Anubis80 on June 4th, 2009 at 7:27 pm said:

@99

Your HDD size is up to you if you buy one. Just make sure that it meets all of the size requirements.

You can share your account on 5 PS3 in total. PSP I have no clue

You cant buy an external HDD and play your PSN games from there. Well thats what I was told atleast.

You can DL your content as much as you want on your PS3. There is no limit.

+ mastrofallz on June 4th, 2009 at 7:28 pm said:

@95

Also, I am wondering why you wont pick Itunes? It is wayyy better then Microsoft.

+ AguilarX on June 4th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

actually purchases over 5 dollars, will be removed from your card as it is. if its 6.99 thats what it’ll take exactly. the beauty of dollard and not crap points

+ KSPRAYDAD on June 4th, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

@100

They can a: even acknowlege that they are working on it as a goal and b: give a timeframe to meet that goal.

It isn’t impossible to get through CRTC…Apple did it in 1.5 years and MS did it in 2. But the COMPLETE lack of word on if they are working on one says to me that they aren’t and I just have to make other arrangements. I’m just ‘sad’ that I have to make this choice as I’d prefer if SONY had stepped up and said something, anything, to make Canadian PS owners aware of their intentions. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t let their owners know their intentions if they were actually working on it.

+ KSPRAYDAD on June 4th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

@102…I have an irrational dislike for Apple.

I’m a SONY guy through and though…Cellphones/PSP/PS3/Stereo…hell I still have my Discman and Yellow Sports Walkman. (Had to draw the line at the TV due to budget constraint).

I’m just having to pick between two evils and see MS as the lesser in this case.

+ phinnv8 on June 4th, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

Cross Game Voice Chat? =(

+ KSPRAYDAD on June 4th, 2009 at 7:45 pm said:

@101

Game content is unlimited…Video content on the other hand is a much different story. Buy it and break your PS3 or HDD and you’ll have to BEG to get another copy and the TOS says they don’t have to allow it.

+ I-Nick- on June 4th, 2009 at 7:50 pm said:

They already releases tracks for Rockband Unplugged and it doesn’t even come out until June 9th!

+ Crimson_Ryan on June 4th, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

Its almost the end of E3, you guys have just a few more hours to announce new PSN avatars as a last minute surprise… Come on now, don’t disappoint! :)

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on June 4th, 2009 at 8:01 pm said:

what happento vidzone coming out on teh 4th?

+ AguilarX on June 4th, 2009 at 8:08 pm said:

thanks for all the quick response. so i guess a sata 2.5 1tb will work then?

+ ADR143 on June 4th, 2009 at 8:09 pm said:

fight night!

+ linebeginstoblur on June 4th, 2009 at 8:10 pm said:

Why are there no trophies for Wolfenstein? It was obviously sent to Sony in 2009. I’m not complaining, I’m already a happy owner, but still, what the hell?

I don’t know if you guys will read back this far or even care to answer such a question, but I’m curious how the devs here were able to sneak past this supposed “requirement” for all new games…

+ linebeginstoblur on June 4th, 2009 at 8:15 pm said:

You must forgive me. I’m used to seeing an empty list upon starting the game. I assumed, making an ass out of myself. This is why I need time away from the Internet….

+ Bildo818 on June 4th, 2009 at 8:15 pm said:

@113 does Wolf3D have updated graphics? or is it a port of the old game?

+ KSPRAYDAD on June 4th, 2009 at 8:24 pm said:

@111 Yes … but you have that kind of money? If you are talking video content you CAN play your own vid content from External and you can back up and restore purchased vid content to external.

The internal only needs room for game installs, demos, saves, HOME and enough free space to shuttle bought video content back and forth.

For the price premium you are paying for the 1tb 2.5 I’m thinking it is a little pricey….go 1TB external and 500GB for the same price or less no?

+ Kamahl_rg on June 4th, 2009 at 8:28 pm said:

gonna try a lot of stuff today…

+ AguilarX on June 4th, 2009 at 8:35 pm said:

@116

yea i do but im just wondering if it was possible since i started to rip all my dvds to my ps3 so i can just get rid of them. and externals connected all d time arnt just my thing.

+ alph0x on June 4th, 2009 at 8:44 pm said:

Wheres my Guitar Hero Smash Hit Demo?!! D:

+ EddyxMob on June 4th, 2009 at 8:51 pm said:

Wolfenstein

AWESOME!

+ tirminyl on June 4th, 2009 at 8:54 pm said:

I strongly urge adding preview videos to all future games added to the store. If there is a trailer for that video available, please include a link to it in the product page.

Nice update, getting Trash Panic now!

+ Bildo818 on June 4th, 2009 at 8:54 pm said:

Can anyone frickin answer me since there is absolutely NO info about Wolfenstein 3D? Did they do anything to this game or is it a port of the original? I have no interest buying unless its a remake.

+ Drake1416 on June 4th, 2009 at 9:09 pm said:

YES SOME PSP CONTENT! =D
ESPECIALLY LBP PSP CONTENT! =D =D =D =D Hope a demo comes out soon.=D

All those songs make me itchy to buy Rock Band so I can get them =P. Beats is enough though I think.

BTW the RB:U demo is fun and pretty sweet but the fact that you can only play half of 3 songs really sucks. =/

Can’t wait for more! =D Wish I had a PS3 to enjoy the tons of other content for it. =(

+ Moosehole on June 4th, 2009 at 9:15 pm said:

@122

First of all calm the eff down.

Second of all yes it’s a port.

+ Midgetguy on June 4th, 2009 at 9:50 pm said:

Wow… I wasn’t expecting an update this big! I thought the store update would be a little small thanks to all the E3 coverage and whatnot… I’m impressed! :D

Thanks Sony!

*Anyone else find it funny how there are already tracks available for rock band unplugged and it’s not even out yet? :P

+ Nettacki01 on June 4th, 2009 at 10:07 pm said:

Wolfenstein 3D??? WOW!

+ ExPresident on June 4th, 2009 at 10:16 pm said:

Purchased Wolf3D but was hoping I could play it via my PSP!!@#$#@? Oh well, good price, thx.

TROPHIES FOR PSP GAMES TO WORK WITH PS3 C’MON!!!!

+ jncasanova on June 4th, 2009 at 11:36 pm said:

With all this content I wish there were infinite background downloads and background downloading while watching blu-rays, dvd’s, and playing PS1, PS2 and many PS3 games while you are not playing online.

Wish more event’s like E3 were more frequent so we can have this number of downloadable goodies again and again!

+ Lirion on June 5th, 2009 at 12:39 am said:

Where is The Last Guardian trailer? :(

+ The_Kills123 on June 5th, 2009 at 12:55 am said:

No Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo?

+ Letters2Kay on June 5th, 2009 at 1:02 am said:

I’m loving the Wolverine game, but $10 for the Gamestop preorder bonus content is a total rip-off. It doesn’t sound cool enough to even pay $2 for. If the kills counted toward your stat totals then it’d be worth SOMETHING, but it’s all about just playing with the combat. I call shenanigans on Raven. That’s lame…

Also, where’s the last Dog Tag I need!? I’ve looked everywhere! Three times! ;) It IS here, right?

Also, I hated the Rock Band PSP demo, but $2 per track for DLC? That’s the same price as the console game’s DLC, which is already a bit high. Wow.

On the other hand (and just to add SOMETHING positive), Trash Panic and Wolfenstein are priced extremely low… so there’s that.

+ AKGermany on June 5th, 2009 at 1:10 am said:

Please publish the “The Last Guardian” trailer in HD outside of Sony’s press conference. Please!

+ MakoXL on June 5th, 2009 at 2:57 am said:

Purchased : FFVII, Wolfenstein 3D, Trash Panic. All 3 great games!!!

15 hours into FFVII already.

Wolfenstein 3D’s trophies are really, really easy.

Trash Panic’s trophies are really, really hard.

+ Sakimori_X on June 5th, 2009 at 3:07 am said:

Wolfenstein 3D came out of nowhere! I was so glad to see it was an unaltered port of the original. From the early-90′s MIDI music, to the solid gray floor and ceiling, to the billboarded 2D sprites. Classic!

+ MeltTech on June 5th, 2009 at 4:19 am said:

They had to remove Qore, so the PSP Go stuff could be removed. Now that it’s already leaked, and now announced. No need to have it in Qore. LOL.

+ GGCAN on June 5th, 2009 at 4:56 am said:

@99 I think the largest HDD currently on the market is 500 GB for laptops (1 TB may be coming soon but I haven’t seen them yet).

500 GB will be lots of room for your PS3.

+ Futbolfan on June 5th, 2009 at 5:43 am said:

Grace, it’s good that we’re seeing more PS1 games in the Store.

I was wondering if Resident Evil 3 was going to be released. I’ve tried to find that game everywhere and no one seems to have it. :-(

+ Aidotato5 on June 5th, 2009 at 5:45 am said:

my psp’s pss has video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Aidotato5 on June 5th, 2009 at 5:46 am said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ bigdaddyjane on June 5th, 2009 at 5:48 am said:

FNR 4 DEMO is on the PSN store.YES!

+ Sekoku on June 5th, 2009 at 6:02 am said:

Freakin’ ‘ell… I buy FF7 and after having no cash you upload Gomibako/Trash Panic?

FFFFFFFFFF. STOP DOING THIS TO ME SONY! Stop making me think you’re incompetent and won’t release something that you planned earlier just two weeks later!

Now to get a $50 PSN card to camp for Big Surf (watch this be delayed) and MvC2 while grabbing Trash Panic. *sigh*

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on June 5th, 2009 at 6:15 am said:

havent bought trash panic yet..but DONT PANIC SONY..I WILL..:P..ESSPECIALLY FOR THAT 5 BUKS PRICE..ANYWHO…IM PRETTY THANKFULL FOR THAT FREE voltron 1ST EPISODE VIDEO! THAT WAS KOOL OS SONY TO HOOK ME AND WHOM EVER PIK THIS UP TOO..:P I just want to say that im kinda dissapointed in LBP for not making anymore LEVEL PACKS…cummon MM we’ve bin BEGGING for them. and u already know we are willing to PAY for them too.

+ DonnyG on June 5th, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

Activision makes me sick.

+ linebeginstoblur on June 5th, 2009 at 7:43 am said:

@115 Extremely slightly updated. Frame rate is great, for example, and all the action is very smooth, but when it comes down to how everything looks, it still has that classic pixelated look.

@143 I was so pumped to play Wolfenstein 3D, and when it booted up, I saw an Activision logo. I almost felt guilty for buying it.

+ Santhiel on June 5th, 2009 at 8:19 am said:

Thanks this is a good update!!! :D

Please get us Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger and Xenogears !!! ;D

Oh and please update us about Eyedentify, that an amazing game showed back on E3 2005 and never spoken of again, PLEASE!!!

+ Sneeches on June 5th, 2009 at 8:35 am said:

awesome update… i spent an assload of money.

+ Gr00v3r06 on June 5th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

Good job with the PSOne classics this week.

+ neorudemovement on June 5th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

nice update. trash panic is pretty much a gift @ only 4.99!

cell factor looks fun as well, especially for only $9.99

are other maps to be included at a later date?

will we be getting the car pack for rally club?

are we getting outrun ever?

+ sfgdfds on June 5th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

That is a question I’d like to see answered as well: where is Outrun?

Thnx!

+ SlaveSpawn on June 5th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

Wheres the file sizes for ea. DL ?