PS4 - Transistor

Big Surf Island Washes Ashore this Week!

Pete Lake's Avatar + Posted by Pete Lake on Jun 08, 2009 // Criterion Games

Hey guys, great to be back on the blog. After all that E3 madness you must need a vacation! Well…mark June 11 in your diary, your Burnout vacation starts then! The Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island pack will be available to download for $12.99 / £9.99 / €12.99 on the PlayStation Network on June 11 Worldwide!

Big Surf Island is a brand new playground we built from the ground up enhancing and expanding on everything we know you already love about Burnout Paradise. We’ve included new challenges and events for you to play online with your friends, an exciting new World to discover, the biggest and wildest jumps yet, plus a set of nine new vehicles to experience it all in. Yep… nine!

Dust_Storm_

When you play Big Surf Island you’ll get a brand new Big Surf Island license to complete. This means new races, stunt runs, marked man, road rage, and even a brand new type of event, the Island Tour!

Of course there are also roads to rule, smashes, billboards and brand new “Mega Jumps” (even bigger than “Super Jumps”, super just wasn’t a big enough word to describe them)!

The Island also really comes to life online. We’re including 10 new online freeburn challenges, bringing our total online challenge count to 500!

Annihilator

We’ve unveiled four of the nine included cars so far (check out our Island trailer). When you buy the Island pack you’ll be given the Carson Dust Storm, an awesome purpose-built buggy ideal for the massive air and stunts of the Island.

Beat the Dust Storms’ burning route and win the Dust Storm Superturbo, a faster, more agile version of the Dust Storm in a cool matt black finish.

Win enough events on the Island and get the Hunter Olympus Governor, boss of all cars. The strongest car in the game, now available offline and with stunt boost, our resident designer Sarge Sullivan’s favourite new car (just check the license plate for proof).

To reward your dedication, when you complete your Island license you’ll get the Carson Annihilator Street Rod, the car with by far the best livery in Burnout. Strictly for the pros, this beast has a speed boost, rears up when boosting and can reach speeds in excess of 200 mph!

Gov3

We’ve included so much content in this new DLC that it’s hard to get your head round it all. Check out this brand new CRASH TV for an in-depth Island tour explaining the offline and online progression, the new license, and four of the nine new vehicles.

We started supporting Burnout Paradise in January 2008 with our “Year of Paradise”, a promise to support the game through DLC. Here we are a year and a half and nine download packs later and we’ve used this experience and community feedback to create the best possible Burnout experience.

The Island pack is incredible value for money and the cheapest and best vacation you’ll ever get!

If, for some reason, you haven’t bought Burnout Paradise yet, you’ll need it to play Big Surf Island. Burnout Paradise is available to download right now for $19.99 from the PlayStation Network.

See you on the Island!

Island Pete
Big Surf Island Producer
Twitter: @IslandPete
@CriterionGames

PAGE 1 2 3

+ SPARDA on June 9th, 2009 at 6:35 am said:

I am really looking forward to this expansion, and more than glad to keep supporting multiplatform game developers such as Criterion that don’t just give Playstation 3 fans leftovers just because of a smaller user base.

Can’t wait to take that huge leap into the island this Thursday

SPARDA

+ improperlyaged on June 9th, 2009 at 8:08 am said:

90% of dlc is a ripoff meant to nickel and dime us. but criterion has never let me down. this is almost a different game from the original release.
[url=http://www.playfire.com/a/widget_click/2/bxnytony][img]http://pfcdn.net/site/trophy_widget/psn/bxnytony.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.playfire.com/a/create_widget]PS3 Trophies[/url]

+ WindedHero on June 9th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

Burnout, we <3 u.

Pete Lake's Avatar

+ Pete Lake on June 11th, 2009 at 2:08 am said:

We <3 u 2!

+ WhizKid74 on June 9th, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

Hey Criterion… Wasn’t it supposed to be FREE ???

+ RONIN342 on June 9th, 2009 at 7:47 pm said:

Awesome! Burn Out is one of my most beloved games so I’m on this DLC like …well…I dunno but man am I on it!

+ DROCK78 on June 10th, 2009 at 8:27 pm said:

I bought this game the day it came out. After over a year and a half it is still the best PS3 game to date. Criterion is a kick a** company,that really knows how to make and support their games. Big Surf will not disappoint!!!!

+ esiedlecki on June 11th, 2009 at 1:19 am said:

I WANT IT NOW!!! I still can’t download it, and it’s been June 11th for over an hour! WTF!?

+ thebertrams on June 11th, 2009 at 5:26 am said:

Criterion rocks. Oh, and BTW, a new boost car would be epic.

+ esiedlecki on June 11th, 2009 at 7:49 am said:

Ok, when on earth is Sony gonna update the freakin’ Store, because I’ve now downloaded this update, but when I go to the Burnout Store, it says I can’t download it, and it is not in the Playstation Store…Everytime I try to enter the island, it tells me I need to buy it, so it takes me to the store where I CAN’T BUY IT!!!!!!

+ W3SL3YG123 on June 11th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

Pete, you guys have outdone yourselves with Paradise, and Big Surf Island you will do the same. At this moment I’m updating to 1.90 and awaiting the release of the island. Thank you, after a very long wait.

+ W3SL3YG123 on June 11th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

It will be here 6:30 – 7:00 EST

+ Onna76_NL on June 11th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

I paid over 50USD (in my country) for the main game and refuse to pay 13 Euro for the Island. The file is only 100KB, so that means the island was already “on the disc” and we’re literally being ripped off. I’ve spent a great deal of time in the game, but its done for me now. I’d rather save my money for a new Burnout game.

+ Onna76_NL on June 11th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

And people saying they find it so awesome, you honestly have too much money to spend.

+ Onna76_NL on June 11th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

Ow and by the way, do you folks know that xbox 360 owners only need to pay 1000 points = 12,50USD for this island? Thought you should know!

//forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=79&threadid=2310056

+ LRGKING on June 12th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

@ 112

Havent you updated burnout?
that means the island was NOT already “on the disc” and we are not literally being ripped off.

Who do you think they are?
Capcom?

The island is about 400ish mb.
I just downloaded it this morning, the 100kb dload is like the key that allows you to play it!

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on June 14th, 2009 at 6:31 am said:

so is this it for Burnout?

are you guys gonna do one more update to round it up to 2.00?

If you do, it would be cool to be able to drive the traffic cars XD (and push the trophies up to 100)

thanks guys, Paradise is my fave game of all time.

Alex

+ e1957 on July 3rd, 2009 at 10:20 pm said:

where need for speed shift demo,just saw it look’s,wicked is there a demo to download?

PAGE 1 2 3