PS4-The Order

E3 09 On the Show Floor: Batman: Arkham Asylum

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Jun 09, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

There are plenty of reasons to pick up Batman: Arkham Asylum for PS3 on August 25. But for those who are still unconvinced, I spoke with Lead Narrative Designer Paul Crocker of developer Rocksteady at E3 about the newest Batman game, including Play as the Joker exclusive to PLAYSTATION 3.

+ DMPrince on June 9th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

Looking forward to this game. Good video.

hey Chris, What’s your PSN ID?

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on June 9th, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

godofgwar

+ jipmg on June 9th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

The game looks really good, Id like to purchase it had I not had a very bad situation econmic wise

+ MiChAeL6 on June 9th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

I’ve been reading some of batman and joker’s graphic novels, its just getting me excited for this game!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on June 9th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

Yeah, I went back and read The Dark Knight Returns recently. So good.

+ Delriach on June 9th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

I played the demo of this game. Can’t wait until it comes out. When does the demo hit the PS Store?

+ Vengeful-Chaos on June 9th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

“There are plenty of reasons to pick up Batman: Arkham Asylum for PS3 on August 25.”

I can think of one and one only, the Batarang!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on June 9th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

OK, you got me. Batarang it is. I remember when I was about 12, my friend and I bought a real wooden boomerang. It lasted about 5 minutes.

+ Thrasher20 on June 9th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

This game is going to whoop many asses!

+ Gringo234 on June 9th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

The game is coming out on my birthday, here’s hoping to the gods that it isn’t a complete let down.

+ Microshock on June 9th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

Chris, off topic , but do you mind posting an entry on twitter telling us how fast the entries were all entered, since i entered within 40 minutes and still lost, even though Cintamani was right?

Maybe confirm the answer too?

This game looks awesome, i love the smoothness of the combat

+ katsuo7171 on June 9th, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

lol it looks like he almost forgot the release date for the game. Still came through though.

+ NEJI64 on June 9th, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

dagg we got Batman coming out plus Ghostbusters two of my childhood icons. coming out in da summer, this have to be the best summer season for games.

+ spunnups on June 9th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

I played it at Gamestop and I gotta say, I was very impressed. I didn’t expect much from a demo, but the game looks and plays very well. I’ll wait for some reviews to make my decision, but so far it’s looking very positive.

+ tirminyl on June 9th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

The game looks great. Oh why must I punish my wallet?

+ NESGamepro on June 9th, 2009 at 4:59 pm said:

Thanks for the video, lots of good games coming out. :)

+ stlthriot on June 9th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

Looks pretty nice, any chance there may be a demo before its release?

Oh, and btw, you are definitely a hottie, Chris! ;)

+ makaveddy on June 9th, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

i know this is out of place but can you put up more info about the uncharted e3 contest? because i was one of the people who entered the correct answer within 5 min of when the final question was asked and i havent received any email. im only asking because theres people who entered their answer hours after the final question was first asked and they won. i thought you guys said its for the first 300 people to answer. i would love a response thanks.

+ drownedphoniex on June 9th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

Sweet!!!

@Chris and Jeff – You guys should make us start paying for this. What you’re giving us is too good.

+ vegasbosko on June 9th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Just pre-ordered this after seeing this video and th PSN trailer.
Ordered mine through Gamestop, which you get an extra challenge map.
I’d love to add your PS ID to my list Chris.
Like to see what games you’re working on.

+ Cerberus_Hunter on June 9th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

Cor blimey!!!That guys voice sounds a lot like Yangus from Dragon Quest 8.

+ mckg123456789 on June 9th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

the game looks pretty dang cool, i cant wait!

+ KillerAJD on June 9th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

Man, can wait for this game. I was disappointed that it was delayed, but if it makes the game better, I’m all for it.

+ Nettacki01 on June 9th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

I WANT THIS GAME!

+ magpie4life on June 9th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

Hey Chris,

great interview with the guy. I just added you on PSN, please approve magpie4life :)

+ BlooodyCow on June 9th, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

When are we going to get the WKC blog post? A lot of JRPG fans are piss at the Playstation Blog right now for not covering this game so far.

+ DFogz on June 9th, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

I’ve got the collector’s edition pre-ordered! Da-na-na-na-na-na Batarang!
Only thing I can’t shake is the digipak? Does that mean I won’t get a real game case to put on my bookshelf? I might have to reconsider if that’s the case.

+ ritz305 on June 9th, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

I played the demo for this n its pretty awesome!!!… I Recommend that ppl should go out n get a copy of this when it comes out!

+ jipmg on June 9th, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

Idk why the demo is in gamestop and not on PSN..

+ Bluefox75 on June 9th, 2009 at 9:28 pm said:

It’s at some Walmart Supercenters too.

+ TheGuardianFID on June 9th, 2009 at 9:44 pm said:

Great video Chris, I have the collector’s edition preordered, Batarang FTW!!! :D

+ CartBlanche on June 9th, 2009 at 10:05 pm said:

My main concern with this game is that it is build on using Unreal Engine 3, which frankly this generation has been pretty abysmal on the PS3. I’ll have to wait for reviews of how it runs on the PS3, before even considering buying it.

+ jase619 on June 9th, 2009 at 10:13 pm said:

I need to see some more gameplay. All I’ve seen is one challenge map walkthrough, and one room with either Batman or Joker beating up on an endless supply of enemies.

+ WFMMK on June 10th, 2009 at 12:20 am said:

Nice interview. Chris is there any info on when we’re getting the demo on PSN? Because I’m dying to play this game and there are no stores around that have the demo.

+ Darkos87 on June 10th, 2009 at 12:46 am said:

Right of the bat… oh snap.

+ ussjtrunks on June 10th, 2009 at 2:26 am said:

where is the white knight chronicles post.. please tell me its coming

+ improperlyaged on June 10th, 2009 at 5:41 am said:

i had the special edition pre ordered three months ago. i’m not even upset they pushed the release date back by threee months cuz it shows their not gonna rush the product out there but are going for top quality. this looks to finally be a truly great batman game. cant wait. and yes i will throw that damn batarang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ macbelonwu10 on June 10th, 2009 at 5:50 am said:

so much games to buy im getting broke Sony.

+ somethingatt on June 10th, 2009 at 6:03 am said:

@35: hahaha, so true man.

PS3: The first ever console to not lead the market because it had TOO MANY good games. :p

And when they are as addictive as ‘infamous’ it’s hard to move onto another one!
But I’ll put my gaming hat on and enjoy and buy as many PS3 games as I can!

Thanks for the exclusive Joker character guys and thanks for what seems like the best Batman game ever.
Day 1 purchase? …I really can’t say with the game overload I have going on lol…But a purchase somewhere along the line! :)

+ Ivan_Krazy on June 10th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

@35 and 36…
Hahaha first we were complaining that their weren’t many games in PS3 and now we are all going broke because of so many awesome games coming to PS3. HEHE

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on June 10th, 2009 at 6:40 am said:

This game looks great

+ superstewie on June 10th, 2009 at 7:40 am said:

when is sony going to realize pre-summer is a better period in Europe for game launches?
i don’t mean this game, but next year’s planning should revolve around the current date in europe ;)

people are more likely to go for impulse buys in europe right now :P

+ CrashSpyro on June 10th, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

lol, I like how the guy playing the demo in the background dies as the interview ends.

+ Ftwrthtx on June 10th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Thanks for the info Chris. Great interview.

+ MistaIncomniatic on June 10th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

i was watching some game play of the challenge mode and he has hella many takedowns. this game is gunna b bananas
(plz 4give my spelling)

+ SkyNet003 on June 10th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

Woo hoo

+ sEiZeoNe on June 16th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

The game looks pretty awesome! Love the PS-3 exclusive content!!!!

+ matt_m123 on June 21st, 2009 at 11:28 pm said:

does anyone know if this game is this going to be online