Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Jun 10

Cuboid Downloadable Content: Get Your Cuboid On

Michael Robinson's Avatar Posted by Michael Robinson on Jun 10, 2009 // Director of Communications, Creat Studios

Welcome to another action-packed, fun-filled blog from your wacky pals at Creat Studios and TikGames. You know why tomorrow is so special? Because at long last, the Cuboid DLC will be released in the US and surrounding territories. NowSoon, PSN gamers in North and South America can be as cool as your counterparts in Europe! There are three great options to choose from that all you Cuboid fans should be aware of, so let’s get to it, shall we?

Cuboid DLC

First up is the Cuboid Booster Pack, which contains 33 new levels that will test even the best players’ skills, rewarding you with new trophies. This pack will cost you just $2.99.

Option number two is the Cuboid Level Editor where you become the level designer and challenge others with your own custom levels. Players can either create a brand new level from scratch, or improve upon any existing level, created by other players or taken from the original campaigns. User-created levels can be uploaded to PSN where they will be made available to other players (who have downloaded the free patch). Players can also earn trophies for creating their own levels, and for rating the levels created by others. The Cuboid Level Editor will cost $3.99.

Cuboid DLC 2 Cuboid DLC 3

And finally, for those of you who tend to be either indecisive, or just want it all, the Cuboid Bundle Pack includes both the Booster Pack (33 new levels) and the Level Editor. And how much will all of this additional Cuboid goodness cost, you might ask? You can get the Bundle Pack for the low, low price of just $4.99! How can you go wrong?

I also wanted to let you know that custom music support is coming for Cuboid as part of a free patch download, so get your playlist ready.

I’ll be sticking around for a while to address any questions, comments, complaints or compliments you guys and gals might have, so fire away!

PAGE 1 2

+ mixenitup on June 10th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

about time :) I just woke up and was reading slow and started to get PO’d until I read the third option. I was like I got to get two packs just to get back to 100%

+ mixenitup on June 10th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

@32 you didn’t really didn’t explain why you decided not to buy. You definately just non-sensically ranted.

+ Anubis80 on June 10th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

@35 yes I did. The DLC was released 2 weeks ago to the rest of the world and now we have to wait another 2 weeks? Forget it. I wont buy it now. Sorry but 1 month to get us our DLC when the rest of the world has had it now. I will move on to the next DLC or game from the PS store.

+ mixenitup on June 10th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

@32 nevermind I just saw the red comment. Kinda mad too.

+ Anubis80 on June 10th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

@37 see now you see why Im so mad. It really pissed me off to see that today. I was really looking forward to this tomorrow.

+ mckg123456789 on June 10th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

looks pretty cool lol, is a bundle at work?

+ onipar on June 10th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

Thanks for the update, Michael. So will the patch as well as the DLC be postponed, or is it just the DLC that will be delayed?

Also, will the patch address the problems with the online scoreboard, and the slight delay in the timer when you finish a level?

Thanks, and looking forward to the DLC. Nice price for it too.

Michael Robinson's Avatar

+ Michael Robinson on June 10th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

Patch and DLC are delayed, as the level editor needs the patch in order to function properly. So sorry for the delay, but I promise we here at Creat Studios and TikGames GREATLY value your business and support, and if we could have put this out sooner, we would have. Everyone on our team has been working crazy hours to make this happen, so it will be worth it. It\’s actually nice to see so many of you so passionate about Cuboid, cheers!

+ acerazer1 on June 10th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

On topic, I will definitely be getting this, I have every trophy thus far for Magic Ball, Cuboid, and Mahjong, so there’s no way I can pass up some extra Cuboid, especially at that price.

PAGE 1 2