Far Cry 4

E3 09 Virtual Booth Tour: Heavy Rain

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jun 10, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Here we present our fourth and final E3 09 Virtual Booth Tour, this one for Heavy Rain (click to watch God of War III, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, and MAG). In this piece, Quantic Dream‘s Guilleaume de Fondaumiere walks you through the “Mad Jack” scene, showing off a number of elements of the game, and introducing you to major character Norman Jayden. Please note we’ve age-gated the video for language and violence.

We hope you’ve enjoyed these Virtual Booth Tours, and let us know if you’d like us to do more such things in the future. Again, the goal for us was to help bring you “into” E3. Your feedback is appreciated!

PAGE 1 2

+ Denuq on June 10th, 2009 at 11:52 am said:

i love the look of this game i seen this video on dutch site, only worries i had was the fbi agents voice i didnt think it really went with his chracter but hey thats just me..still buying this game day one

+ BlooodyCow on June 10th, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

Can someone just answer me please? Jeff? Chris?
Will there be a WKC E32009 Blog coverage? YES OR NO? It is not a hard question you know. I am getting extremely annoyed asking the same question but no response from you guys.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 10th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

We didn\’t do an interview, but will cover WKC more on the blog in the future.

+ DarkONE on June 10th, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

looks cool

+ Darkos87 on June 10th, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

awesomeness

+ asop89 on June 10th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Thanks Jeff for all these virtual booths, I can’t wait for Heavy Rain, why was it pushed back to 2010? I was hoping for a 2009 release date :(

+ Renegade194 on June 10th, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

Wow, I ‘m really in shock with how different this game is. Finally, someone makes a game that is totally different and revolutionary. I really can’t wait for this game!

+ LilZay14 on June 10th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

Since this is the last one I’ll say it now.

These virtual booth tours were awesome.

It’s little innovations like this that keep Playstation.Blog as one of my top bookmarked sites. Thanks again.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 10th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

Thanks! We\’ll try to make refinements and do more!

+ KazeEternal on June 10th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

Do you have to kill characters to acquire access to the other characters or do you get to choose who you start with?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 10th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

Different scenes have different characters in them. You don\’t just control one character throughout the story.

+ BlooodyCow on June 10th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

oh OK ;( thanks Jeff. Well is it true that they game has a release date for the first quarter of 2010? Unless it comes from IGN or the Playstation Blog, I do not believe release date for games.

+ asop89 on June 10th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

Oh I have another question, I know what type of game is this based on Mr. Cage’s descriptions, but from what you’ve seen Jeff do you think this game is close to graphic adventure games? (Man I miss that genre)

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on June 10th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

looks like a difficult game…but def cool!

+ KazeEternal on June 10th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

@6
So far I haven’t seen anything that hasn’t been done in the last 3 generations. They’ve improved a few things certainly, but nothing revolutionary or new/different.

+ GGCAN on June 10th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Thanks for posting Jeff.

Game is looking good.

+ Blkant on June 10th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

While it looks very good in many areas, I can’t help but feel a lot of the hand and arm animation is extremely poor in some of the more intense moments. For instance, when the guy fall son the ground and catches himself with his hands, the force would flatten his hands on the ground yet they remained cupped some how, for me that really breaks the gameplay when it relies so heavily on cinematic moments. I hope they polish it up….

+ gmoney0505 on June 10th, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

I have been waiting for this for 1 1/2 years now. Can’t wait to get my hands on this.

Hey Jeff. I read from somewhere that Mr. Cage said everything in the game is 3D you will be able to interact with every object. Is this still true Jeff? Thanks for reading this if you answer.

+ Steveo_W on June 10th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

so when will this game drop?
its for sure a day 1 purchase

+ thegriefer on June 10th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

this game looks awesome but if you want more people to buy it put up a demo of the best scene that doesnt have any spoilers.

+ Heavenly_king on June 10th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

This game WILL BE AWESOME!!!

+ splintercell550 on June 10th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

Man, this game reminds me of Indigo Prophecy! i loved that game and this looks way intense!

man, i cant wait!

+ jBat17 on June 10th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

is this game coming out this year? it’s fine if it’s not.. i mean, WKC and Demon’s Souul should keep me occupied for months.. then, there’s uncharted 2 and R&C ACIT as must buy.. i need to check the reviews for DiRT and MAG/MW2 before getting those..

+ Trioptical on June 10th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

Question yu’ll probably need to save for next time you see the devs, but how much did they look at using the SIXAXIS controls in this game?

For some of those dodging left and right motions in the fight scene, it seems that SIXAXIS would feel more natural a control scheme than using the right analog stick. Was SIXAXIS motion sensing not suitable?

+ Zookey on June 10th, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

Lookin’ good–Indigo Prophecy was awesome so this game has a lot to live up to!

+ StealthCorazon on June 10th, 2009 at 12:50 pm said:

This looks great…makes me wanna play Indigo Prophecy again…ya know what? I think I just might!

Awesome!

+ JaredTequila on June 10th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

This game looks fantastic. I loved Indigo Prophecy and this game looks to be even better with it’s deliberate adult themes. The virtual tour booths were great, too. It would have been nice to see more games that weren’t neccesarily the heavy hitters for Sony such as DC Universe Online or The Agency. Great work, though.

+ Incubuster on June 10th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

WOW! That looks incredible, I can’t wait to get my hands on this!

+ shadowkiller11 on June 10th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

i’m not a graphics whore but i would buy just for that. the plot should be engaging so yeah i pre-order. is there any pre-order offers on? like a new in-game thing or alittle something. farenheit was a great game so if this is the same (but improved) i love it.

+ JinZX1 on June 10th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

game looks absolutely incredible.

+ onipar on June 10th, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

Wow! That looks in-SANE. Revolutionary, really. It takes the whole QTE to the next level, and from the looks of it, gives you multiple avenues of success and failure. Is that truly the case?

Also, it sounds like the game can end in multiple ways. Is there a definitive number of different endings? 4, 8, 12?

Looks amazing. I can’t wait to play it. Oh, does this have a release date yet, or are we looking at a 2010 release?

Thanks!

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on June 10th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

Please support In-game XMB music!

+ SlashZaku on June 10th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

I can’t wait for this game. Really love the whole ‘crime/thriller’ vibe it has going and really love how ‘dynamic’ the approach is in what you do.

+ NJz-Greatest-420 on June 10th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

you guys did great. Everyone deserves a high five lol but for real you guys did an outstanding job on trying to make us feel like e3 was in our computer.

+ hobbykitjr on June 10th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

You should set up that old demo with the taxidermist (not part of the game) as a PSN download for $5-$10.
Im sure that will end up being a demo for the game when its ready so it could be free then. But i’d pay for that now to get my fix.

+ woopi on June 10th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

I love this virtual booth tour stuff! You also should’ve done virtual e3 booths in home, that would have been a gigantic win. But anyway I like it as it is…

+ EddyxMob on June 10th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

Awesome Demo

+ jncasanova on June 10th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

Sad it’s the last walkthrough! There were many upcoming games I’d like to see more about.

After watching this video I think this was the most impressive game at E3! It’s going to be awesome.

Eventhough I wouldn’t like to see anymore of it because I dislike spoilers, haha.

For the next event (PAX or whatever) can you zoom in to the tv and tweak the audio or add english subtitles?

This booth video-tours were great!!

+ Loki_d20 on June 10th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Awwww… was hoping for the David Cage creepy but awesome narration of the scene.

Thanks for the tour!

+ millerdude75 on June 10th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

Can we expect to see nothing but E3 stuff for the next month or will there actually be some info coming soon about some new firmware?

+ Dragonball_Hero on June 10th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

This looks like one of the most incredible games I’ve ever seen in my life. The replay value alone in through the roof.

+ spunnups on June 10th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

That was very impressive and I really love where this game is headed. Great job yet again PS Blog. This stuff is the reason why I keep coming back again and again. Keep up the hard work.

+ Gump_ on June 10th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

I know this is off-topic but…is there any word of a Fat Princess release date? Anything?

+ Cerberus_Hunter on June 10th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

Heavy Rain looks great, but we’ve seen this part before. i would like a release date!I can’t wait to play it. :P

@Jeff have you seen Dragon Age:Origins running on PS3? I know they’ve shown the other versions behind doors at e3, but we know nothing if the PS3 version is coming along well. Maybe a future Q&A with Bioware/EA? Thanks.

+ kuff1 on June 10th, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

Oh no! All this QTE is just killing my enthusiasm for the game. QTE is bad in any way shape or form.

+ jpd1408 on June 10th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

This game rocks!!!!!!!!!

+ GAME-HERO on June 10th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

Day one purchase for me!

+ WestSiide on June 10th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

looking forward to this one. hope to see a demo on the psn before its release.

+ CREAMallDay on June 10th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

This game is going to be amazing. Loved their previous work.

+ gold5225 on June 10th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

This looks extremely innovative.

+ Andronicus on June 10th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

interesting game

+ NeoUltima on June 10th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

Cool. Glad that this actually showed some different stuff than other videos. I wonder what would have happened if he was actually able to take the drugs in time.

+ almighty-slayer on June 10th, 2009 at 2:07 pm said:

I’d love to see you try to pronounce his name, Jeff.

Lawl