PS3-TLOU Left Behind

New Features in Comet Crash

Jennifer Pourchot's Avatar + Posted by Jennifer Pourchot on Jun 15, 2009 // Producer, Pelfast

Hey Comet Crashers. This is Jennifer Pourchot from Pelfast.

Remember that game Comet Crash that came out in April?

Comet Crash

We are pleased to announce that some exciting updates are now available in our first patch.

Comet Crash has received some great reviews since its recent release on the Playstation Store for $9.99. We were especially excited about GameSpot’s 9.0 and Editors’ Choice Award! We have also received a lot of clever feedback from our steadfast fans and you’ll see that the patch contains some of your requests.

First, you will notice the new Video Record feature. You can now record gameplay videos to the hard drive or upload directly to your YouTube™ account. Comet Crash games can be incredibly unique, so I’m looking forward to seeing your videos. In addition, we added country flags to the scoreboard. You’ll have to beat your existing score to get a flag up there. Notice that scores with flags stand out amongst the others, so get them while they’re hot!

There are a few other changes as well. You can read more details in the Comet Crash Online Manual.

Thanks!!

+ pody on June 15th, 2009 at 7:05 am said:

YAY FIRST!

+ Vengeful-Chaos on June 15th, 2009 at 7:09 am said:

I wish all PSN games had the ability to record gameplay, very nice update.

Congrats on getting the editors choice award!

+ Jack-Bauer-89 on June 15th, 2009 at 7:20 am said:

still waiting on a Eu release for this :(

Any info on that?

Jennifer Pourchot's Avatar

+ Jennifer Pourchot on June 15th, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

The EU release is currently the top priority for us, and it should be out there in September.

+ TwinDad on June 15th, 2009 at 7:33 am said:

Great Game. Congratulations on the gamespot award. Fun game, was playing a few rounds this weekend.

I wish more games had country flags on leaderboards. It’s interesting to see where people are from on the PSN. Wish our PSN ID’s had that.

+ TailsTheCat on June 15th, 2009 at 7:44 am said:

We need some Zen Pinball content.

+ StalkingSilence on June 15th, 2009 at 7:54 am said:

Was there a demo for this? I’m interested – but so busy and haven’t had a chance to give it a spin.

+ StalkingSilence on June 15th, 2009 at 7:58 am said:

Patch 1.01 Release Notes:
– Video Record – record gameplay videos to the hard drive or upload directly to YouTube™.
– Flag icons added to scoreboard. If you have an existing score, you have to get a better score in order to register your flag.
– Save Data for Campaign progress.
– Campaign time penalties are now applied as they occur, instead of at the end of the game.
– Rank is displayed in Area Complete screen.
– Building on top of units of the same team will destroy them instead of floating them.
– In Battle mode, the player that destroys an enemy base gets a Thorium bonus.

+ MidnightBlues on June 15th, 2009 at 8:12 am said:

no new game features…I already got 100% in comet crash…no reason I can see to return to it now…

+ katsuo7171 on June 15th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

Anytime jeff wants to lay down the smackdown on these first posters will be greatly appreciated.

And I agree with 6

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on June 15th, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

Does this game support IN-GAME XMB MUSIC???

+ ClinToN on June 15th, 2009 at 8:50 am said:

@Jack-Bauer-89:
blog.eu.playstation.com/

You might want to check there.

+ cell989 on June 15th, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

I been meaning to buy this for a while now, but now Im debating between Heavy weapon or comet crash? I know they are different genres, but they are both fun.

+ Gulzt on June 15th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

Ok ok, I’ll buy it :-)

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on June 15th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

Ok checked the manual and it does!

+ Zero-Ace4 on June 15th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

this looks nice i want to record videos with this!

+ The_X_Factor_9 on June 15th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

Please release a demo for this game! The Gamespot Review also has me very interested in buying this game, but I want to play it for myself before making a commitment. Great to see some unique support for this game though. Again…please release a demo for this game.

+ jer9gra on June 15th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

Guys, there is no demo needed for this game. You have my word, it’s very fun and addictive. Keep up the good work Pelfast. I’ll be looking for some downloadable content in the future.

+ norm01 on June 15th, 2009 at 9:58 am said:

Very nice. These kind of free and useful DLC features like video recording makes purchasing PSN games that much more tempting.

+ WiZeGuY on June 15th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Fantastic… Any expansions headed our way? Or maybe some online co-op…? because that would be Fantastic.. Keep up the good work!!

Jennifer Pourchot's Avatar

+ Jennifer Pourchot on June 15th, 2009 at 11:47 am said:

New content is in the works…we will divulge details at a later date!

+ c0nfliktn on June 15th, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

Grrr pelfast, i seen comet crash update in my rss and i rushed to this page hoping for online play. Too bad any chance of an update with online play in the next one?

+ Microshock on June 15th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

Genius, by supporting youtube, you’re giving us a feature and pretty much letting us freely advertise your game, its win-win.

Thanks!

+ Darkos87 on June 15th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

Jeff didn’t post anything this morning. you alright jeff?

+ Wollan on June 15th, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

Comet Crash is absolutely outstanding. Finished it the day after buying.

We need a epic sequel/spiritual successor with online gameplay and a sp campaign with a story. Pronto.

Jennifer Pourchot's Avatar

+ Jennifer Pourchot on June 15th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

It\’s good to hear that you had fun with Comet Crash. It\’s even better to hear that you want more! Look out for our future updates.

+ TwiztedR3DHead on June 15th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

nice

+ WiZeGuY on June 15th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

@Jennifer

Yay! I knew you guys loved us!!!

+ mckg123456789 on June 15th, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

SWEET! ill try it out.

+ skynidas on June 15th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

Awesome, I love this game…very happy to know that you guys are working on new content for the game.

+ Hsanrb on June 15th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

Loved the game but I never got my roommate to battle hence never playing any of the multiplayer content which is where I think the game may have gems I won’t discover.

+ gadwiin on June 16th, 2009 at 4:41 am said:

Amazing co-op experience. Me and my friend perfected every stage even though the game didn’t reward you for it (that should really have been one of the trophies). Can’t wait for more (hopefully more challenging) content to be released.

+ KIT-_-KAT on June 16th, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

really enjoy this game and we need online competitive mode cause my friends dont like playing due to i always beat them. and thanks for the update! cant wait to see whats on the works

+ Armyless on June 17th, 2009 at 4:11 pm said:

God I love this game. It has the potential to rank with my all time favorites. I’m not kidding.

+ Sesur on June 18th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

I really really want to buy this game, but I’m absolutely confounded as to why there is no online play. Until there is, I can’t justify this purchase.

+ Thrill_Kill on June 21st, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Online support please, and I want to know if this game supports 7.1 PCM, or at the very least DTS 5.1? Is this game PS3 Exclusive?

Jennifer Pourchot's Avatar

+ Jennifer Pourchot on June 21st, 2009 at 8:32 pm said:

Comet Crash supports both 7.1 PCM and DTS 5.1 and is a PS3 Exclusive.