Minecraft PS4

Meet the Women of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jun 17, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Near the end of yesterday’s Nolan North interview, a number of people dropped in to give Mr. Nathan Drake some good-natured ribbing. I had a chance to speak with Emily Rose and Claudia Black, aka Elena Fisher and Chloe Frazier, co-stars of the upcoming Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Both will certainly *sound* familiar, but if you’re wondering where you’ve seen them before, both Claudia and Emily have pretty extensive TV resumés. That makes it all the more impressive when they talk about how much they’ve enjoyed their time making Uncharted 2.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Dinjooh on June 17th, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

Holy Crap, Jeff you lucky dog (; . Those are some real hotties.

Definitely gonna give Elena an extra look on my next Uncharted playthrough

+ big-gunns on June 17th, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

Woah they both resemble their characters they play as in Uncharted. Well hair color-wise. As for Emily Rose she sure is attractive. (:

+ nandosupes on June 17th, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

great interview Jeff!!,two very talented ladies right here.

can’t wait to play Uncharted 2!!.

+ drownedphoniex on June 17th, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

My God they look similar to their Uncharted counter parts.

I’m jealous.

+ ts23245 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

Ha, Good stuff. They both look a lot like their characters in the game.

By the way. Nice interview Jeff. Keep up the good work.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 17th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

Thanks! It\’s not easy to concentrate on asking questions when interviewing people like this :-)

+ Raptors138 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

Yeah, I agree with you Jeff, the similarities are really shocking.

+ Capt-Fury- on June 17th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

great interview as always.

did you also get to interview Robin Atkin Downes?

+ seph1r0th00 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

It’s cool to see that Elena was modeled a little after Emily Rose. It’s also kind of weird hearing that voice come out of a person. I guess I’m just so used to hearing it come out of an animated character.

Off-Topic:
Emily is quite attractive :)

+ mastrofallz on June 17th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

“Personally, I really couldn’t get over how everyone in the cast resembles their in-game counterparts. It made talking to them feel like I was talking to the characters. Hope you enjoyed.”

Yeah, same here. They should make an Uncharted movie with this cast.

+ Dramlek on June 17th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

I can’t believe how much Emily resembles Elena…it’s mind-blowing!

+ Delriach on June 17th, 2009 at 5:09 pm said:

The God of War 3 music made this interview epic, lol.

But yeah… I like Elena’s voice. ^_^

+ seph1r0th00 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

Jeff,

What does your shirt say!!! :O

I see a trophy!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 17th, 2009 at 11:56 pm said:

You have earned a Trophy
    Attended GDC Blog Lounge

+ memberop on June 17th, 2009 at 5:13 pm said:

Great interview!

Do you know if N.Dog will have a new playable
demo for the upcoming comic-con, or will it
be the E3 demo?

+ Snuter on June 17th, 2009 at 5:15 pm said:

The only thing this interview is missing is doing the E3!

Awesome and creepy at the same time!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 18th, 2009 at 12:11 am said:

Hey, I\’m in that for like 1/10th of a second!

+ SpiderX on June 17th, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

Great interview, its great to see that there is substance beyond the voice-over in this game, like you said Jeff, when I first played Uncharted, the voice acting really grounded the game and made it that much more believable as Emily said.

I’d have to say though, talented and attractive actresses right there.

+ J_Leonhart on June 17th, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

Great interview Jeff!
Very nice and talented ladies.

+ taehyunnie on June 17th, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

Now if only they made a live action…..it might just actually work!… xD

+ jimfear on June 17th, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

hey jeff can you give me the phone number of the blond chix plz :p haha

+ blackmajic13 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:19 pm said:

This makes me want to go play the Uncharted 2 Beta. I think I will. :D

Thanks for the interviews Jeff, great job.

+ iComet on June 17th, 2009 at 5:19 pm said:

Emily Rose is hotttt! <3

+ Blkant on June 17th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

What about Victor Sullivan? Your not giving him the short end of the stick are you?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 17th, 2009 at 11:10 pm said:

I didn\’t meet him! Hope to (I usually use him in the MP beta).

+ Cody_L on June 17th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

Awesome interview jeff. Do you think maybe we could get some sort of Q&A with Nolan or the U2:AT cast? That would be sweet.

Also the “Reader Comments” on the right side of the page haven’t updated since Apr. 28th, just thought you’d like to know.

+ D-Squad3 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

Really awesome, I wish I had their job!

+ GohanGVO on June 17th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

I am having a “Farscape” fan attack right about now.

Squee!

+ katsuo7171 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

No Mo Cap Suits!!!! :(

Greant interview Jeff, I’m sure you enjoyed yourself ;-)

+ skinnynerd03 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

Woah…they really look like their characters in the game!

+ Pound_lb003 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

Claudia is hot. I cannot wait for Uncharted 2.

Will we get more footage from behind scenes on the PSBlog post-release?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 17th, 2009 at 11:57 pm said:

Judging by the reaction this and the last interview got, I\’m certainly going to try!

+ phinnv8 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

The blond is hot.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on June 17th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

Jeff, be honest, did you hit on them when the camera was off?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 17th, 2009 at 11:57 pm said:

I\’m a married man!

+ ArchaicWeed420 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:31 pm said:

Claudia is smoking hot !

Strange tho, how each of their character’s names starts with the same letter as their actual name >.>

+ FAMILYGY3319 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

They are way more well spoken then Nolan North. He was struggling to spit out a single word.

+ rez0041 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

wooo~~I love it!

+ iExile on June 17th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

I think I am in love…with both of them.

+ VofEscaflowne on June 17th, 2009 at 5:36 pm said:

I didn’t think this could happen but watching these interviews actually got me hyped up even more for the game! The first game was just so incredibly well voiced along with the motion capture/animation. It really brought the characters to life and gave them all this believable personality that truly made us feel so connected to them. I couldn’t help but laugh when the first trailer was shown with Nate hanging from the train on the side of the cliff, laughing while saying “Oh crap!” and me talking to myself “Yeah, that’s so Nate.” Amazing job on the game guys and keep up the great work Jeff!

+ Shin-Ra on June 17th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Goddesses of VG acting alongside Nolan. :D Love you and the rain/cameraman section demonstrated at E3 too!

+ Xenoxerxes on June 17th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Wow two absolute sweethearts. I like how they’re just as excited about the game as everyone else is.

+ ExcelKnight on June 17th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

Awesome interview!

Big fan of Claudia Black’s characters from Farscape and Stargate SG-1, so I’m definitely looking forward to her style in U2.

Having Emily Rose again is also awesome. I was hoping she would be back after U1 and my wish was granted.

Good job on the interview, Jeff. Keep up the good work (but don’t forget Mrs Rubenstein!). Actually, you guys on staff should have reverse interviews, where your family members interview you guys and then you can interview them. Kind of “how’s it like to live with someone in the ‘biz”.

+ Maguss on June 17th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

My god I don’t think I’ve wanted a game more then Uncharted 2, fall can’t come soon enough!! And Jeff you’re so lucky to be standing next to those two hotties!! Jeff thanks for all the awesome work on the blog!!!! You deserve all the praise man.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 17th, 2009 at 11:59 pm said:

Thanks I know how lucky I am!

+ Demonbear on June 17th, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

My dear Jeff, you interviewed a godess. Claudia Black is awesome, her work on SG1 was great and I can’t get enough of her. Uncharted 2 was already a day 1 buy for me, but with Claudia Black in it? It’s just a dream at this point.

Plus she’s so hot. Look at her! Lucky, lucky Jeff…

+ norm01 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

The Uncharted actors and even more so the writers all deserve some massive kudos for bringing the story and characters to life and with such realness to them that is lacking in characters in other games. This is what made Uncharted 1 so successful, in addition to the amazing graphics and gameplay. I am really looking forward (as we all) to Uncharted 2!

+ Cerberus_Hunter on June 17th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

Emily is a gorgeous lady.Yeah, very happy Elena is back for Uncharted 2 to kick some pirates @ss(or Drake’s maybe?Lol).

Can’t wait to get my hands on the game and the beta is excellent.

Ty, Jeff…you know, you should ask for a raise! good job.

+ ADR143 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

dam lucky jeff!

there fine! in real life! lol

me jealous

+ Invicta2 on June 17th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

Nice Interview, and I like how the game characters have some similarities to the voice actors in real life… I was totally Ecstatic once Elena was confirmed for the Story component in Uncharted 2.

All the characters in Uncharted are believable and that’s what I like the most about them… Drake isn’t this buffed up Fearless Superhero, and the Women of Uncharted in the game don’t look like Adult Film stars with DDD’s… just average every day looking, believable characters, and I think that was the major reasons why I had such a connection with them in the game.

And of course, can’t wait to pick up Uncharted 2, DAY ONE PURCHASE.

+ theBedBurner on June 17th, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

She looks just like her character Elena.

+ Gump_ on June 17th, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

Nice interview!….BEAUTIFUL!

+ KazeEternal on June 17th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

I’m really glad they picked up Claudia Black to play Chloe. When they first brought Chloe in I thought “Oh great who’s going to destroy this game like that chick from Temple of Doom and trample all over the great chemistry of this cast”. Then BAM Claudia Black and all my issues went away. I have to wonder if the Casting Director at Naughty Dog came over from Crystal D with Amy Hennigs or if she is involved with this process. Alot of former Legacy of Kain people popin up.

Robin Atkin Downs interview yes please! B5, Lair, this guy is just awesome.

The cast of this game is just Awesome.

+ tetsou9shima on June 17th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

Elena just rocks. Great interview.

+ Toddy2Hotty on June 17th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

Tough gig you’ve got there Jeff! ;)
Good interview though… keep them coming!

+ ultrakilla on June 17th, 2009 at 6:12 pm said:

very good interview Jeff keep up the good work :-)

+ ShadOforce on June 17th, 2009 at 6:12 pm said:

When is Fat Princess going to be released?

PAGE 1 2 3 4