PS4 - Transistor

Meet the Women of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jun 17, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Near the end of yesterday’s Nolan North interview, a number of people dropped in to give Mr. Nathan Drake some good-natured ribbing. I had a chance to speak with Emily Rose and Claudia Black, aka Elena Fisher and Chloe Frazier, co-stars of the upcoming Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Both will certainly *sound* familiar, but if you’re wondering where you’ve seen them before, both Claudia and Emily have pretty extensive TV resum├ęs. That makes it all the more impressive when they talk about how much they’ve enjoyed their time making Uncharted 2.

Personally, I really couldn’t get over how everyone in the cast resembles their in-game counterparts. It made talking to them feel like I was talking to the characters. Hope you enjoyed.

+ RenorMirshann on June 17th, 2009 at 10:06 pm said:

Emily is just too cute, you (people at Sony) should drees her like Elena and make some gorgeous pictures, maybe unlockables in the game ;)

Yeah, I think this is good idea for all the cast in Uncharted – dress Nolan like Drake and make him jump from the exploding ship! ;)

+ MariusElijah on June 17th, 2009 at 10:10 pm said:

Loved that God of War 3 in the background

+ Brush on June 17th, 2009 at 10:12 pm said:

Great interview! I really enjoyed this one! Heck, way better than the other interviews. Great job Jeff, looking forward to seeing more!

+ OrganicShadow on June 17th, 2009 at 10:18 pm said:

I don’t really enjoy any female celebrities AT ALL, but…. oh man… Claudia Black. Farscape was one of my favorite shows and she did a great job. Good to know that she’s contributing voice work for one of my fave games!

What I would give to interview her myself… le sigh…

+ coolasj19 on June 17th, 2009 at 10:26 pm said:

look at jeff’s eyes…. straining to look STRAIGHT AHEAD. lucky lucky jeff. not to mention this is one of my favorite interviews because it doesnt seem rehearsed at all. ive never heard this much about voice acting.

+ remanutd5 on June 17th, 2009 at 10:52 pm said:

Great interview Jeff , man you are really lucky lol , its really nice to see the faces behind the characters , beautiful and talented ladies , still christina is my favorite lol

+ TNTbkNY on June 17th, 2009 at 11:00 pm said:

great QUALITY interviews like this is why the PS blog is so good. gj jeff and gj to everyone behind the scenes

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 18th, 2009 at 12:05 am said:

Thanks, and big hand to Chris on the camera. He knew when to zoom in and get me the hell out of the shot!

+ LordMetzen on June 17th, 2009 at 11:22 pm said:

I have the beta, but wasn’t really interested in the game, after this interview, I’m sold, mand those girls are really beautiful, and after hearing that english accent, man…have to preorder lol…great interview.

+ Darkos87 on June 17th, 2009 at 11:24 pm said:

So nice to have God of War 3 trailer in the background… lol

+ Jeff257 on June 18th, 2009 at 12:08 am said:

I must say Uncharted 2 is my most anticipated game this year. I love the beta. And Im actually playing back through the first again. The voice work in this game really is what sets it above other games out there.

+ Ivan_Krazy on June 18th, 2009 at 12:12 am said:

@ Jeff
Are they really Australian?
LOL are they from Sydney or Melbourne?
bahaha if they are from Melbourne that is my home town. Those girls would need to represent the game here is AUS :)

Awwwwww I need to get my PS3 repaired cause it died on me (hint YLOD). Nooo I can’t wait to get this game and handle it vigorously :D

+ DeforMAKulizer on June 18th, 2009 at 12:52 am said:

Nice watch jeff! =D

+ Thrasher20 on June 18th, 2009 at 1:00 am said:

Oh snaaap, some cuties!! Lucky man Jeff Rubenstein! You seemed nervous too LMFAO!

+ Onna76_NL on June 18th, 2009 at 1:00 am said:

Glad to see Elena is in the main game as well with Emily as voice actress, she’s really good :-) Kudos to all the actors who in the end make the best out of the game.

+ CinderShadow on June 18th, 2009 at 1:19 am said:

Really great interview. I’m hugely looking forward to the new Uncharted! I always like to see natural, flowing discussions about games, so thanks for bringing this one.

+ F1man87 on June 18th, 2009 at 1:27 am said:

Emily is such a masterpiece of nature’s engineering. Claudia is hot too as long as she talks dirty to me in Australian :o

+ AceOfSpades725 on June 18th, 2009 at 1:39 am said:

wow how crazy how all the voices actors/actresses look like their characters! Great interview Jeff! Wish i could have joined you guys down there in Socal!

+ tbisley on June 18th, 2009 at 2:04 am said:

There is no question that this cast should be in a live action movie if it is ever made!!

Awesome interview!

+ Gulzt on June 18th, 2009 at 2:16 am said:

Wow I never imagined Emily THAT pretty! Way more attractive than the 3D model she represents in uncharted :-)

+ Phuquit on June 18th, 2009 at 2:58 am said:

about time this blog wasn’t such a sausage fest. Fantastic

+ the_miyamoto on June 18th, 2009 at 3:37 am said:

MOAR! Seriously, great interview Jeff. The Uncharted cast has quickly become one of my favorite groups of people in gaming, the work they do is astounding. Seeing how much they resemble their in-game counterparts is great, it’s like watching the characters from the game come to life. And Emily Rose is……..*___*

+ Wip3ou7pure on June 18th, 2009 at 3:43 am said:

Wow, they look exactly like their characters from the game! UNCHARTED MOVIE!

+ Wip3ou7pure on June 18th, 2009 at 3:46 am said:

OMFG AND JEFF YOU NEED TO BE NATHAN DRAKE OMFG THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME! I WANT A CAMEO!

+ EnigmaNemesis on June 18th, 2009 at 3:47 am said:

I hope Claudia has the same witty and funny charm she expressed as her character Vala Mal Doran from SG1.

Really enjoyed her in that. And it would be perfect in this game.

+ DustyBlue on June 18th, 2009 at 3:51 am said:

Where’s Sully? Sully’s so freaking awesome…

Loving these interviews, Jeff. It’s amazing how obvious it is that the characters are based on their actual voice actors. It must be awesome working for Naughty Dog… Everything seems to happen pretty naturally.

+ enormhi on June 18th, 2009 at 3:59 am said:

Emily is HOT!

+ JaKhris on June 18th, 2009 at 4:38 am said:

Hey,

Nice interview Jeff! Those are two fine ladies right there doing a great job on a great game. :)

The cast for the game is awesome, really… :)

Great job, Naughty Dogs!

Can’t wait to play this game. :)

Chris

+ macbelonwu10 on June 18th, 2009 at 4:48 am said:

Awesome Ladies great interview well done Jeff, Uncharted Drakes Fortune is still one of my best games i have ever played to date.

+ Bilbo_bobbins on June 18th, 2009 at 5:16 am said:

i would …

+ wldbenghazi on June 18th, 2009 at 5:36 am said:

great interview u hade there

thanx & waiting 4 next interview

+ SeventhAxes on June 18th, 2009 at 5:37 am said:

I cannot believe how similar Emily and Elena look! Wow.

Nice interview Jeff.

+ wldbenghazi on June 18th, 2009 at 5:37 am said:

but !!

how can i get these beta ??

+ jasoncourt on June 18th, 2009 at 5:59 am said:

These interviews get me so excited for the game. I just smile watching them. The positive vibe that comes from these actors is contagious.

I don’t think every game has to be so cinematic, but man do I love when a game like Uncharted gets it right!

+ bigdaddyjane on June 18th, 2009 at 6:05 am said:

UNCHARTED 2!MUST BUY

+ DonnyG on June 18th, 2009 at 6:16 am said:

I’m so happy Elana is in Uncharted 2. I was worried she wouldn’t be.

+ zombie_56 on June 18th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

i need some info on quantum that game looked really fun!

+ CoGOD on June 18th, 2009 at 6:39 am said:

This game started to peak my interest at E3 i may pick it up, any news on RPG’s though? that’s the primary thing I’m buying a ps3 for

+ Cypherhawk on June 18th, 2009 at 6:50 am said:

Good Interview Jeff… but where can we see you in action playing those games??

+ blindrocket on June 18th, 2009 at 6:54 am said:

I think we need a lot of behind-the-scenes with these two on the Uncharted 2 disc as unlockables. :)

+ CrayzeeCarl on June 18th, 2009 at 6:57 am said:

@ Jeff’s reply to #29:

You’re avoiding the question! ;)

+ Loki_d20 on June 18th, 2009 at 7:45 am said:

Great interview.

Jeff, if you talk to the Naughty Dog crew anytime soon, I had an idea for an added ‘extra’ to Uncharted 2. Since this game is very much like a movie that we play, why not have those movie moments where you’re playing the game, a cut scene starts, and an icon appears on the screen allowing you to pause the game and go right into watching the actors performing the scene in their mocap suits on the recording stage.

I think that was a big bonus for me on Uncharted 1, was seeing the videos of the voice actors actually acting out the scenes.

+ Utmost-Nutszo on June 18th, 2009 at 7:46 am said:

My friend just had the greatest idea. Ever.

For co-op Naughty Dog implement a command that allows whichever player is controlling Sully to make a wise crack based on the situation.

So say “Player 2″ is Sully. He/she can press Select or something and Sully will make a wise crack.

Do it Naughty Dog! Do it! lol

+ NewYork214 on June 18th, 2009 at 7:56 am said:

i know who HAS to play sully in an uncharted movie. Bruce Campbell. he is perfect for him.

+ TheWrenchNinja on June 18th, 2009 at 7:56 am said:

Great interview. I’m glad that they really enjoy the mocap and voicing for the game. So glad Elena is back, I seriously was cheering when I saw her in the trailer.

+ Aotar on June 18th, 2009 at 7:57 am said:

It is always refreshing to see a beautiful face hiding a beautiful brain. Grats to both of them!

+ somethingatt on June 18th, 2009 at 8:19 am said:

Jeff looks super focused on this one lol, probably was trying his hardest not to get distracted by the two beauties :)

Great actors (both professionally and personally) talking about a great game, brought to us by the great Jeff!
What’s not to love!

+ trustter on June 18th, 2009 at 8:20 am said:

Hi Jeff. You did an amazing job. Really good questions and you kept a good speed.

I am very glad to see that Elena is part of Uncharted 2.

Very talented and beautiful girls for sure and i am very happy to be part of the Uncharted fan base. We need to support games like this.

Thanks to Sony and Naughty Gods.

+ lxatruch on June 18th, 2009 at 8:25 am said:

awesome!

+ almighty-slayer on June 18th, 2009 at 8:32 am said:

Wowie, Emily is gorgeous :)

Good interview Jeff, it’s really interesting to hear the viewpoint of the people who really MAKE the game what it is.

Now we just need to hear from the voice of Scully ;)

+ Tikicobra on June 18th, 2009 at 8:35 am said:

I love Claudia talking about how she wanted big boobs and a nice back side.

“You chose me just so you can look at my butt, didn’t you?”