Minecraft PS4

PSN Cards Debut in Canada

Kyle Moffatt's Avatar + Posted by Kyle Moffatt on Jun 19, 2009 // Senior Public Relations Specialist, Sony Computer Entertainment Canada

Hi Everyone! Kyle Moffatt, Senior Public Relations Specialist for Sony Computer Entertainment Canada back to the blog with some great news for Canadian gamers. With the Stanley Cup finals ending last week the team at PlayStation Canada figured it would be a great time to bring the prepaid PSN cards to Canada! The cards, available in $20 and $50 denominations, can now be purchased at EB Games and GameStop locations across the country. In the coming weeks and months you’ll also be able to buy the cards at: Best Buy, Future Shop, HMV, The Source by Circuit City and Rogers Plus entertainment locations with more to come.

It’s great time to pick up a PSN card so buy one today and check out some of the great content available like Flower or The Last Guy (two of my favorites) or a PSone classic like Final Fantasy VII or Resident Evil: Director’s Cut. You can also get ready for a game I’m really looking forward to – Fat Princess. Now Canadians can have their cake and play with it too!

Keep checking the blog for future posts from me. See you online.

PSN Card Canada

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ all_hail_cale on June 20th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

It’s about time. I saw these in eb today and my mind was blown, i picked up 2 50 cards

+ Acid_Reflexx on June 20th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

YAY! thank you playstation!!!
I’m going pick mine up at best buy asap!

+ JCVA23 on June 20th, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

Oh man finally

+ TruRealitY on June 20th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

YES! Thank You Sony! My only needs now from sony, are voice chat online across games on the ps3, video store, and you know what i can’t even think of another one right now, so keep it up!

+ joostin on June 20th, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

@50

It isn’t due to the multi-lingual needs. It is due to the fact that our Ratings board for media is a LOT more strict. This in turn causes huge delays in bringing an equal service from the US.

Still, you think 2 years is more than enough time to rate a service and have it ready for Canadian customers. Blame the CRTC!

Anyways,
Thanks for the PSN cards! I know there will be many thankful gamers up here without the “luxury” of a credit card.

+ krae_man on June 20th, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

Damn I missed this. Kyle, I hope you’re still reading through the comments.

My Beefs with SCEA’s treatment of Canada:

1)No video Store. You’ve had more then enough time to do what you need to do already. You have no excuses for not having it done already.

2)Playstation.ca is a disgrace. It’s been updated like once in all of 2009 and still says copyright 2008 on every bloody page.

3) Quit ignoring Canada when it comes to contests. You’re totally capable of including Canada in all SCEA promotions. You’re choosing not to and arn’t even doing any Canada only stuff in place of it.

4) Why are retainers charging $69.99 for PS3 games when the Canadian $ is better now then when it was when they were still charging $59.99? $64.99 might be acceptable, but $69.99 is costing you sales.

Kyle Moffatt's Avatar

+ Kyle Moffatt on June 21st, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

.ca is updated all the time with new games and new content within the video player as a few examples.

In terms of contests we are working on doing more. Most recently Canadians could participate in the LBP design a golf course contest.

+ el-embra6or on June 20th, 2009 at 11:42 pm said:

in canada im from kuwait but im travailing canada in the sumer in 9\7 its may help us thanks everybody

+ nutellapr on June 21st, 2009 at 6:26 am said:

I’m shocked, didn’t even think SCE has any Canadian employees. Kyle, how many others on the team and are you hiring? :)

+ krae_man on June 21st, 2009 at 7:45 am said:

Working for SCEC must be a kick ass job. You get to do jack squat, ignore all your customers, do things years after they should have been done in the first place.

And you still get paid.

+ krae_man on June 21st, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

XML feeds from the main site don’t cound Kyle. I’m talking Canada Specific content.

+ krae_man on June 21st, 2009 at 11:31 am said:

What’s the point of the sites existance if 99% of the stuff on it can be found on us.playstation.com and the 1% that’s Canada Specific comes like once a quarter at the most?

What have you done in 2009 besides Gamers Voice?

Chris Asking questions instead of Jeff asking questions doesn’t count as Canada Specific either as someone from us.playstation.com, is in the interview line and will be doing the same thing.

+ heatseeker on June 21st, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

FINALLY!!

+ TheDarkMaestro on June 21st, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

Finally! Thanks

+ GeneralOfDeath on June 21st, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

“Now Canadians can have their cake and play with it too!”

Ya, and does this mean we are going to get a video store and watch them too ? BRING CANADA THE VIDEO STORE!

+ billabongdude on June 21st, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

Awesome! Finally about time! Is the Video store comming soon? I know random… lol

+ I3loodthirsty on June 22nd, 2009 at 6:41 am said:

any chance on the psn cards coming out in the uk before the playstation 4 comes out (yes that was sarcasm)

+ SteveW928c on June 22nd, 2009 at 11:25 pm said:

Please bring us the video store soon. I don’t want to have to buy an AppleTV unit to rent/buy movies… I figured buying a PS3 was going to be the one box that could do all of this so I don’t have to have multiple units (and the expense).

+ fondip on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

SONY Forget The Netherlands and Europe.
– No Video Store
– No PSN Cards
– No VidZone

Im thinking to sell my playstation 3, i dont need that anymore im thinking to buy an xbox 360, sorry SONY!, but i cant longer wait anymore.

GUYS: IF YOU DONT HAVE A PLAYSTATION 3 CONSOLE AND YOU LIVE IN EUROPE, MY ADVISE IS DONT BUY THE CONSOLE !!.

+ Ether999 on June 25th, 2009 at 5:30 am said:

Thats awesome!

Now [i]please[/i] release EU cards too! I really want to get the Big Surf island and a ton of other DLC, but can’t because I don’t have access to a EU credit card.

+ EVanHelsing on June 27th, 2009 at 7:23 am said:

Kyle Moffatt – Will you at least acknowledge the video store problem? You even replied to a comment #156 asking about the video store, and responded to everything except the video store. Ignoring a problem won’t make it go away!

+ OJTL on June 29th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

but what about mexico??

+ MadPercussion on July 3rd, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

wow they’re finally here eh?
I WANT ONE, where can i get one in ontario?

+ ShutupMan3945 on July 4th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

No 711, Mac’s or any other convenience stores?
Fail…

+ JonLon on July 5th, 2009 at 4:55 am said:

I just bought one of these and, along with others on the PS forums, am extremely displeased that the amount “cannot be added to wallet”.

I’ve waited long enough for this service, and for it to still be unavailable to me, despite having a physical card/code, is inexcusable.

+ musicman2059 on July 6th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

What a ridiculous fiasco that this has turned out to be. Just about all the cards bought at stores other than EB games have turned out to be bogus. 7-11, Best Buy, and Future Shop are all crapped out.

What’s even worse, Sony’s solution is to return the card to the retailer, but they all have policies where they DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS ON PREPAID CARDS, and even if they did, those cards would probably be bogus as well.

You better fix this up good, Sony, because if you don’t, you aren’t getting another cent from me after stealing my 20 bucks.

+ ScRaTcH842 on July 12th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Letters2Kay | June 19th, 2009 at 9:16 am

I think it’s obvious that Canada doesn’t have a video store yet due to their multi-lingual needs. A video file with 2 audio tracks would be a lot larger, and it may present a whole new technical problem to even allow the PS3 to switch between tracks in files. Putting up each piece of content up twice (in both languages) would solve that, but think of how much space that would take up on Sony’s end. Don’t blame Sony, blame the French!

screw you buddy french is a good language your probably american too you @$$ hole

PAGE 1 2 3 4