PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation.Blog Maintenance Today

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jun 23, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

UPDATE: aaaaaaaaand we’re back. I really expected that to take longer. We’ve now increased our server capacity, which will allow us to continue to grow and implement new features to the blog. We’ll let you know what they are when we roll them out.

In case you missed it last week, Capcom’s John D. broke the Blog. Steaming pile of wreckage, it was.

So today, we’re adding another server. Truthfully, we had planned to do that anyway. I think Mr. Diamonon wants to take credit – and since they’re adding Trophies to Bionic Commando: Rearmed, I’ll let him do so.

Either way, if you try to log on to the Blog from about 2-3pm (Pacific) today and it doesn’t work, it doesn’t mean your internet is broken. Necessarily.

Note: the PSN is unaffected by this maintenance window.

PAGE 1 2

+ juanpipe on June 23rd, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

Jeff, one thing:

How do I know that you don’t know about the existence of PlayStation Cloud? Just kidding, but when are we getting some Beatles: Rock Band interviews, trailers, or gameplay?

+ unam88 on June 23rd, 2009 at 5:09 pm said:

Thanks for the mobile version of the blog. I read in a comment on another of the post from the PSblog and it was said the mobile version was in the works, have now been released I am more exited to read the blog than ever before; now that it doesn’t take a lot to load. Thanks for the mobile version again.

+ Zookey on June 23rd, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

Seriously Jeff I am shocked you have gone so long without an attempt to break John’s record—20K should be easy for you and Chris to muster hehe :-)

+ xX-PEIN-Xx on June 23rd, 2009 at 6:47 pm said:

Hey is it just me or did u change the appearance of the blog on iphones/iPod touches?

+ The_Apprentice on June 23rd, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

You guys added iPhone friendly Playstation Blog!!
Nice!!!!!!!
Epic win blog team!

+ gold5225 on June 23rd, 2009 at 7:34 pm said:

Hey I noticed that there is now a PlayStation Blog Mobile. Except that i can’t sign in to post.

+ Ryuuchi10 on June 23rd, 2009 at 7:39 pm said:

Thank you for the update, Jeff.

+ j_amethyst on June 23rd, 2009 at 8:20 pm said:

Nice update!!! Good idea creating a mobile version, my PSP thanks so much!!! But I’d like to see the Playstation Conversation on the mobile version…

+ nutellapr on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:15 pm said:

The first thing I see when I login under PS3 is an ad to buy a system. Already have one! Couldn’t the space be better optimized? i.e. target your content based on if the user is signed in or not? Any CMS website should be able to handle this no prob. Also, why do I get a join PSN ad when I’m logged in? Again, a waste of valuable real-estate. The whole site is a bit of a mess with content scattered in different places and very few dashboards of integrated information. How about a game centric dashboard with: a) latest game links b) latest game blogs c)featured videos d) new psn titles e) forums games highlights f) upcoming games g) games news h) tips & tricks & strategy

Why do I need to go to PSN and PS3 games separately to get a picture of available content? It’s very fragmented.

+ keisukeMamoru86 on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:25 pm said:

Any chances that you can release FULL changelogs for all upcoming firmwares? (for us tech heads out there, we like knowing what parts of the XMB were optimized, changed, etc.)

+ nutellapr on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:33 pm said:

Holy freak Jeff, why is the UK website a million times better than SCEA? Also, why is Canada’s a total piece of vomit? I am now officially jealous of all the UK PS3 owners. They have something that looks like it was created in this century. Kudos to SCEE. Even their blogs look fantastic. I see people in the UK are as livid at the pathetic corp standard press release for 2.80. It’s verbatim to the SCEA release. There have got to be some people internally just as livid that they were forced into such a vague release. There better be something gynormous coming down the pipe to make up for this.

+ PPp_Killer on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:44 pm said:

hi jeff
Do you have a date/price for the new motorstorm pacafic rift DLC packs coming out? Because they said it’s going to be released this june and june is ending quick and yet i don’t have any info about the date/price…

+ jj_ob on June 24th, 2009 at 12:35 am said:

I like the mobile site. It’s works well on my iPod Touch. Keep up the good work.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on June 24th, 2009 at 12:48 am said:

Hey guys, BCR trophies should be coming soon. It’s currently going through the QA process.

Also, for those who won the contest, I PM’d you through PSN.

We should really test these servers soon! >:)

+ MassaBR on June 24th, 2009 at 1:27 am said:

Hello John Diamonon,

I’ve been trying to contact you with no success since the contest. If you could please take a look at my problem and give me a reply I’d appreciate it. I’m pasting the message below:

“Hi Mr. Diamonon,

I’m MassaBR (PSN) and I entered the recent Capcom contest on the Playstation Blog. Right after posting I was able to read the blog and catch my own post as #1000 (winner!), but it seems something changed with the post numbers and my post became #1001.

I still can’t believe this or understand how it happenned, so I decided to go back to the PS Blog and read some of the comments there. Here’s what I found: the original #250 winner, Kassatsu, is now #252. Who’s the new number #250? Dammenion. Let’s write that name down.

So, like I said, I was the original number #1000. Who’s the new number #1000? Dammenion! He’s even listed twice on the list of winners! The guy should definitely play the lottery.

Thanks for reading.”

Also, PS Blog staff: if you have any way of looking into this I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on June 24th, 2009 at 2:25 pm said:

Hey MassaBR – when there\’s a lot of comments at one time during the contests, the numbering gets all weird. I would reply to winners that were 500, then it would turn out that another commenter was #54. I waited until the server calmed down before I declared the winners. My reply on comment #1 have the official winners. Either way, PM and I\’ll see what I can do.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on June 24th, 2009 at 2:26 pm said:

* not #54. I mean #500.

+ Xulap on June 24th, 2009 at 3:33 am said:

I just noticed that the blog now has a mobile version. Great! I’ve been waiting for this for a while.

I’m guessing it was added during the maintenance or something?

Really well done. I’m super happy right now.

+ Hsanrb on June 24th, 2009 at 8:24 am said:

And what if I didn’t want trophies, it makes it very easy for me to NOT play a game? Add trophies to a game, plus run a contest on the blog causing the blog to crash… don’t plan on playing the game ever again, way to go!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on June 24th, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

Hahaha…uh, wait. Are you serious?

+ ADR143 on June 24th, 2009 at 8:39 am said:

lol that was crazy when ppl where posting constantly

+ LOCO209 on June 24th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

When do we get something us PS3 gamers really want and have been asking for ???????You mr.ERIC Lempel need to let everyone over at SONY know the gamers want more interaction and communication with you guys that run things!!!We Playstation gamers would like to also know why your pr people always promise stuff but rarely deliver and your company always announces then delays stuff,WHAT is up with that you need to communicate more with your consumers ,explain why we hardly see adverts and why you people always promise then delay or not deliver at all ..WHAT happened to SOCOM one of your biggest if not the biggest online franchise YOU PROMISED monthly updates and every three months a big update ,i mean the PS3 came out before we got our maps for the ps2 lol SONY you need to step up your game or your going to keep losing consumers really look at the ghost busters game ,YOU own the movie rights and yet your competitor got the upper hand on the video game adaptation STEP UP your game or lose the DIE HARD PLAYSTATION FANS that you worked so hard to get ! me being one …And i am a multi-console owner ONCE a ULTRA SONY fan but your making the same mistakes as you did before the PS3 came out by not supporting the gamers that support you !

+ Bruser2727 on June 24th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

Thanks for adding the mobile version of the blog. It looks great on my storm. Now if i could just log in and leave comments…. :)

+ LokeSTL on June 24th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

@John & Jeff

By “coming soon”, do you mean this week? Also noticed your use of the word “should”. Why is everything so vague in the gaming world recently?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on June 24th, 2009 at 2:27 pm said:

the vagueness is due to factors beyond our control, ie. QA lead times.

+ KatanaKing on June 24th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

Jeff, maybe you can ask Eric te post a reply on maybe just 1 comment on the FW 2.80 update. A little bit of feedback would be nice to the actual PAYING customers of Sony.

+ TwiztedR3DHead on June 24th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

alright ps blog

+ VehicleDestroyr on June 24th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

Hey when are you guys going to do a post on the mobile version.

+ Andrefpvs on June 24th, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

@ 64
“We should really test these servers soon! >:)”

Ahah! Let us! >:)

+ LokeSTL on June 24th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

@John

Fair enough. Believe me when I say that I am not unappreciative. I have a hard enough time waiting for actual release dates. Non-release dates make the wait even more difficult. Please tell the QA department of our eagerness and let them know that the sooner they get that patch out the door, the sooner we can put this all behind us. ;-)

+ gold5225 on June 24th, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

So if Q and A goes as planed and they don;t find any nasty bugs or glitches the game which isn’t too hard should be all tested and trophies should be ready by Monday?

+ Andrefpvs on June 24th, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

LokeSTL, I believe the patch is already on Sony’s QA hands, or am I wrong?

+ riceroni on June 24th, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

What they need to maintenance is their customer service. I pre-ordered a launch system that worked for over two years. This February it went down and I paid the $149 for service. No just 18 days after the 90 day warranty this unit won’t read disc anymore and they want another $149 out of me for service. Am I supposed to pay $149 every three months just to have this thing? If they’re going to produce this substandard inferior item, they really need to have a much better warranty or at least a protection plan. Sony really know how to treat their customers like crap.

+ TwinDad on June 24th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

John, not to thread jack this, but…

” John Diamonon | June 24th, 2009 at 12:48 am

Also, for those who won the contest, I PM’d you through PSN.

We should really test these servers soon! >:)”

Ever think of doing these contests during the evenings? I can not do it during the day and always miss out. Us working stiffs deserve at least one shot. So how about it, one contest in the evening after 6PM PST?

+ Vv-VamPirE-vV on June 24th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

?? I have a non-backwards ps3,and yet theres ps2 ware to install,and yet cant play ps2 games any particular reason why?It works on compatable ones but not non..that dont make sense to me..enlighten me please thank you :)

+ LokeSTL on June 24th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

@Andrefpvs

Good question! I assume that it’s in Capcom’s QA since Jeff(Sony) had to ask John(Capcom) for the status of the patch. Otherwise, I would think that Jeff could have answered that question himself.

@John & Jeff

Input?

+ Delriach on June 24th, 2009 at 7:27 pm said:

Let’s break the blog again John!

PAGE 1 2