PS4 - Transistor

PS3 Firmware (v2.80) Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Jun 23, 2009 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hello, I just wanted to provide everyone with a head’s up that the next PLAYSTATION 3 system software update (v2.80) will be coming soon. The playback quality of some PLAYSTATION 3 format software has been improved.

661 Comments

PAGE 1 12 13 14

+ l-K-K-Y on July 11th, 2009 at 2:58 am said:

you no what i think they should realy do is this you no when you send some 1 a messge you can just attach picture files they should update it so you could send videos an music it would be just like a pc would be great, and whats this x,b thing whats that about

+ Lugoves on July 13th, 2009 at 5:36 am said:

EL: Well basically in the updates that we do on the blog, it’s really to tell consumers this is what you can do today with your PS3, or in the next few days when we release a firmware update. It isn’t about diving into the tech and letting them know six months from now you’re going to see a game that may have better effects in a certain area because we’ve put this in such and such update. That’s not as digestible for the majority of consumers. …
I mean, there are consumers interested in the tech, and they can probably deep dive in developer forums …
[Block Quote]Eric Lempel ”
So, you know, that’s why I’d love for them to understand that when we do these things,…” [/Block Quote] – http://www.pcworld.com/article/167966/sonys_eric_lempel_on_ps3_updates_firmware_rumors.html

Why can’t you just embed a link in the post for peeps that want the details. Especially if it’s an ‘Optional’ Patch – I mean I don’t want to do anything to my Launch PS3 I don’t Have to do- Cause it works great now, but there have been times… PS Sorry for the late post.

+ velpulka on July 13th, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

Hi Eric,

Photo Gallery should have a RANDOM option in the slide show so that photos in a slide show appear randomly. There is a option to select the music randomly but not the photos in a slide show. Every other slide show program I know has a Random option.

Please try to have this in your next release.

Many thanks

+ JustLuis on July 16th, 2009 at 8:25 am said:

Great hope next is B/C firmware

+ BUTTERFINGERSjr on July 17th, 2009 at 7:01 pm said:

I would love to see an another update that allows user to play music off their system while playing a game, I went to a friends house today, and his Xbox 360 had this… and I just thought it was a cool idea.

+ BUTTERFINGERSjr on July 17th, 2009 at 7:02 pm said:

and being able to put pictures as our avatars, that would be a firts for both… PS3! PS3! PS3!

+ BUTTERFINGERSjr on July 17th, 2009 at 7:03 pm said:

first* my bad.

+ Kihega on July 18th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

i agree with the person who commented before me we should be able to listen to our music while we play our games

+ mikeohara85 on July 22nd, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

Maybe Sony with their next update that there are a lot of people like myself who travel frequently and buy bluray discs would like to have a region-free ps3.

There is no point in the ps3 region-locked when there are so many players that are region-free on the market. I think that sony’s management should slap each other and wake up!!!!

+ mikeohara85 on July 22nd, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

Maybe Sony with their next update will realize that there are a lot of people like myself who travel frequently and buy bluray discs from all over.

There is no point in the ps3 being region-locked as there are so many players that are region-free on the market. I think that sony’s management should slap each other and wake up!!!!

Its decisions like these that force people towards piracy!

+ fabtastico on July 23rd, 2009 at 2:09 am said:

When will sony enable the ps3 to play music from the ps3 hardrive while playing a game?

PAGE 1 12 13 14