PS4 - Destiny

Vengeance is Coming Exclusively to PSN in The Punisher: No Mercy

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar + Posted by Zsolt Kigyossy on Jun 23, 2009 // Managing Director, Zen Studios

The Punisher: No Mercy 6/22 Screen 2

Zsolt, the managing director for ZEN Studios here! I’m sure you’ve been keeping up with this blog, so you’re probably familiar with our upcoming title, The Punisher: No Mercy, inspired by Marvel Comics’ rich Punisher comic book history. Needless to say, I’m back and I come bearing awesome news for all you true Punisher fans!

It’s been a long time coming, but today our studio has finally confirmed that this PSN-exclusive is set for release on July 2, 2009. If that’s not enough, we also nailed down a price that should get all you virtual vigilantes foaming at the mouth. Come the 2nd, you’ll be able to pick up No Mercy exclusively through the PlayStation Store for only $9.99.

For those new to the game, No Mercy is an action-packed first-person shooter! You can fight alongside or take on an eclectic mix of Punisher allies and villains in online arena-style multiplayer matches that feature a variety of solo and team-based missions with up to eight players (We’ve written about it here a few times before).

The Punisher: No Mercy 6/22 Screen 1

In addition, No Mercy also boasts a single-player story mode where you can unleash your vengeance on hordes of villains while unfolding an original storyline and unlocking new additional content. Beautiful art by Mike Deodato too!

Until next time, I leave you True Believers with a few never-before-released screens, but be sure to stay tuned for more details and exclusive content as it becomes available at www.punishernomercy.com.

109 Comments

+ Sekoku on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

$10 is awesome.

I guess this is the reason I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE (doo-doo-doo) was delayed. I just hope this has a demo like XBLA REQUIRES (yet Sony DOESN’T) all DD games to have. Does it?

+ gold5225 on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

Wow for 10 dollars this is an instant buy.

+ GGCAN on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

Great deal !

Thanks for the heads up Zsolt.

+ Hellman on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

Damn 10 bucks im buying!

+ JAXX377 on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

@Viglin

Thanks I just couldn’t fnd anything but I found it on IGN. Here’s the link if anyones interested.

+ jewwarrior on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

this is awesome… and for only $10!!

+ acmilanboy on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

Looks amazing for 10$, too good to be true.

+ Jeigh on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

Only $10? How many of the developers did you end up shooting to keep from paying them? XD

@TakiFuGu (48)

We have all lamented this fact, but did you watch this years E3? The number of shooters shown off was quite dumbed down from the past. It seems that a number of developers have caught on to this issue, but they’ll need time to produce the games we want. Keep in mind that from onset to finish, a game (especially an RPG) can take up to five years to create. If we were complaining about this last year, it will be another year before we see the results of that whining.

+ sNsKid on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

I was hoping this game was coming sooner, but 7/2 is not that far away. I can’t believe this game is only going to be $10!! I can’t wait!!

+ DeathGazer on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

$10 seems pretty cheap for all that content.

Is this another Sprint deal?

+ michaelmcp on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

I’m loving the $10 price, and to me it seems like a wise idea in today’s first-person-shooter heavy market, but my question remains. Will this game have a Platinum trophy?

+ Poopookakabumbum on June 23rd, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

Yawn…..

Only buying a disc.

Get with the program Sony.

+ Tikicobra on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Now I’m split between this and Zen Pinball.

And Grand Slam Tennis, but we don’t talk about that here. >__>

+ DTXSFC on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Thanks Zsolt! You guys are definitely coming through with good games and prices. I love Zen Pinball and I can’t wait for Punisher. Will we be getting any add-ons in the near future for both games?

+ lyfestory on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

$10 sounds good to me, but i wonder how much of a single player story there is…?! im not really into the online, multi-player thing, so the single player would have to sell me on the game… but even at $10, itll probably be plenty worth it.. its great we have devs working on these smaller, cheaper titles… and i hope some of the larger companies might starting putting some titles out there as well…

+ Moosehole on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

I was fully expecting this game to be $15 or $20. Kudos to you guys for not following the recent trend of PSN price gouging.

Definately picking this up.

+ Destiny89 on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

Nice, im buying this :)

+ nuness1988 on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Wow, talk about the perfect price! Normally I can only try and imagine what people think when they price really tiny games at fifteen or twenty dollars but clearly you guys are set to deliver a good value. Thanks.

+ Enigma777 on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

Holy Jebus! Only $10? This just became a first day purchase!!!!

+ Axecution on June 23rd, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

Yeah seriously. I pretty much boycott anything that uses that crappy over-used always overly-shiny Unreal Engine, but for 10 bucks i’ll gladly get this. >.>

And yeah. There should be some sort of rule. xD devs must always say if their game has custom soundtracks. Even if it doesn’t, just be all like “Oh, and the game doesn’t have custom soundtracks… so… **** you” at the end of the blog post. xD

+ Anubis80 on June 23rd, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

For $10 to get all of that. You would have to be stupid to pass this up. I might just have to get it as soon as I can.

+ plaztiksyke on June 23rd, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

I’m hopeful this game will look as good as Zen Pinball does, but does this game play in 720p or 1080p? Any chance Zen Pinball will get a patch that upgrades the video output to 1080p?

Are we going to get 24-bit and/or lossless audio in this game? I love how Uncharted 2 gives the option to output LPCM 5.1 so there’s no decode/encode cycle typing up SPU time.

Last question: local co-op?

Thanks!

+ Thrasher20 on June 23rd, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

I will buy!

+ Lex_Yayo_407 on June 23rd, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

WOW. It comes out on my B-Day. I hope someone can hook it up.

+ KwietStorm on June 23rd, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

Been waiting for this. Isn’t that next week? I agree $10 is a steal, as long as it turns out good.

+ mckg123456789 on June 23rd, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

for only 10$, count me in although, i am getting pretty tired of all these FPS game, that is why i just bought Disgaea 3. TALKING ABOUT Disgaea 3, when are the trophies coming with the home space?

+ Unknown_Hero on June 23rd, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

Been waiting for this and i cant wait to get a hold of it, you guys better hope Fat Princess doesn’t come out till Late July or your sales are shot…Congrats on the Game.

+ mafecto on June 23rd, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

looks great, esp. for 10 bucks. will be buying. thanks!

+ Venias on June 23rd, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

Buying it day one. Looks like it can compete with the big PS3 retail shooters.

+ LordJonas on June 23rd, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

Buying this.!!!!!!!

+ Letters2Kay on June 23rd, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Ssssssold!

Looks great and the price is right. I’m there…

+ Letters2Kay on June 23rd, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

I used to be a huge Punisher fan and collected TONS of his comics and hard to find appearances- including his first. If anyone wants to buy a buttload of Punisher books cheap, message me on PSN!

+ MixPix72 on June 23rd, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

for 10 bucks this is a 1st day buy for me. i was looking forward to this from the start but for 10 bucks i will be buying it without hesitation. i have spent the same amount crappier games from psn (although there isnt many)

+ sfgdfds on June 23rd, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

10 dollars = awesome. thnx!

( a bit old, but some info about this game:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/913/913417p1.html )

+ FFObsessed on June 23rd, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

It’s not vengeance… it’s punishment.

:P I think I’m going to buy this.

+ thegriefer on June 23rd, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

if there is something like a horde mode i will buy this day one. You know 4 people ( co op) have to hold up against waves of enemies.

+ thegriefer on June 23rd, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

oh yeah and please have an control option that has shooting on r2 and zooming on l2.

+ lowhonor on June 23rd, 2009 at 2:14 pm said:

we have enough first person shooters thanks. ill save my money for something else.

+ Berae on June 23rd, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

god i hate this unreal engine loll, every games look like unreal tournament.
That said, it looks good for 10$ ill consider it after watching a video
Is there coop?

+ cnn93 on June 23rd, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

for a downloadable game, it looks great.
and a demo soon?

+ Sevenlives on June 23rd, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

At 10 bucks it’s a steal! Quick question though, since it is the Unreal engine…will it have bots for offline?

+ big-gunns on June 23rd, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

Woah! $10 bucks!!!
I gotta admit sounds too good to be true.
Demo would be nice.

+ Arcturian on June 23rd, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

I’m in if it has headset support.

+ bp9801 on June 23rd, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

Its like people don’t read anything of the post. Or any past posts. A lot of the questions people are asking, like with Trophy support, was answered here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/24/the-punisher-no-mercy-–-your-questions-answered/ Zsolt even links to it in this post.

But, I am so looking forward to this game. At 10 dollars, totally a steal for it. Too bad it comes out a few weeks before my birthday though, means I’ll have to wait for some money then to buy it.

+ solo013 on June 24th, 2009 at 4:15 am said:

I’ve wanted this since I first heard about it, and $10 sounds great. It just makes me wonder if it will be nearly as good though since it’s so cheap.

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on June 24th, 2009 at 8:17 am said:

Yes, there will be 4 silver and one gold Trophies, Platinum we cannot give as a PSN title. There are easy trophies, but there are some a lot more challenging one.

Yes, there are 4 online gamemodes, deathmatch is one of them (but my personal favorite is Punish the Punisher :o)

A pro can finish the single player campaign in about 2-3 hours, and the skirmish mode is unlocked then on all available maps. But the major fun is the online multiplayer of course.

The story is original from Marvel, our friend Chris Baker @ Marvel is the author.

Yes, there are very familiar Punisher bad guys in the game. A lot more info on them on the game website (live by now).

There are 4 big maps (ideal for 4-8 player) and 4 more concentrated (ideal for 2-4 player) maps.

Yes, the game have online co-op – but against boosted enemies ;o)

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar

+ Zsolt Kigyossy on June 24th, 2009 at 8:17 am said:

Re Zen Pinball – GREAT new tables are in the work, and we will price them very reasonably.

Party support: Friend invite, playlist support, voicechat (headset) support, and trophies for multiplyer modes.

Custom Soundtracks – could not include it, sorry :o(

We could sell the game for more, but there would be less players online, and the multiplayer online is the best part of the game. IMHO @ 10USD (and very farly priced later in Europe as well) is great vale and very affordable. There is no hidden trick.

The game supports both modes (720p or 1080p) natively.

will it have bots for offline? yes, in Skirmish mode, and on all maps.

Thanks Guys,
Zsolt

ps a new trailer is out this week.

+ ADR143 on June 24th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

looks good

+ azraiel83 on June 25th, 2009 at 12:55 am said:

wow neat $10! great news cause I’m poor T.T

+ snaggdadon on June 25th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

i have been waiting forever for this glad the price is low!!!!!!! looks like a must have!!!!!!
please have trophy support!!!!!!!