PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Nathan Drake Heading to Hollywood

Evan Wells's Avatar + Posted by Evan Wells on Jun 27, 2009 // Co-President, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

News in Hollywood travels fast!

I am happy to confirm that it is indeed true, Sony Computer Entertainment has signed a deal with Columbia Pictures for a movie adaptation of Uncharted: Drake‚Äôs Fortune and it will be produced by Avi Arad, Charles Roven, Ari Arad and Alex Gartner. We have been working with Avi and the folks and Columbia for quite some time and look forward to sharing additional details on the film in the short future. Obviously we designed the game to be a cinematic experience and we too can’t wait to see it on the big screen.

So, who do you think should play Nathan Drake?

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Pack Front.jpg

500 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10

+ Souks83 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:07 pm said:

I hope it doesn’t suffer the same fate as most movie adaption of videogames. I think Simon Rex should play him, but I don’t know if he has the acting ability.

+ Legolas71 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

for me i think Matthew McConaughey or Nicolas Cage both of them star on adventure movies.

+ Rampge76 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

Nathan Fillion hands down.

+ jennyc on June 27th, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

I say Chris Evans, Evan!

+ wanethemane93 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

Can’t wait!! I feel like it will be a good movie adapation of the game. Big fan so whenever it comes out i’ll be at the movie theater opening day. The first game was already big blockbuster quality and among theives looks bigger so i expect the movie to be hugger. Don’t know how seeing the impressive work of the games but i have faith.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on June 27th, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

When will the video game movies end? I have yet to see a decent one, it should of ended with the Mario Bros movie from the early 90′s or was it late 80′s?

+ wanethemane93 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

Can’t wait!! Big fan so whenever it comes out i’ll be at the movie theater opening day. The first game was already big blockbuster quality and among theives looks bigger so i expect the movie to be hugger. Don’t know how seeing the impressive work of the games but i have faith.

+ ed187 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

Nolan North FTW!

+ Omen_20 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

David Boreanaz

He can play a tough guy and he’s funny. Does a great job on Bones.

+ BlooodyCow on June 27th, 2009 at 7:21 pm said:

+ afdgsfdgnb on June 27th, 2009 at 7:23 pm said:

I don’t think it needs to be made into a movie.

I think Uncharted was *better* as a game than it will be as a movie, to be honest.

+ Panama2011 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:24 pm said:

Dane Cook plz.

+ disc on June 27th, 2009 at 7:26 pm said:

Nolan North obviously.

+ gachzorge on June 27th, 2009 at 7:26 pm said:

NO! one of my most favorite games is going to be turned into a horrible movie, I know this because it’s going to be based off of a video game, it will suck, and I will want to see it, and it will be disappointing, and it will either make me like the game more, or more likely, make me hate it.

+ Marsz85 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:28 pm said:

Oh God, it is true. As much as I would love for this to happen I don’t.

It NEVER turn out anything like the game. Way to ruin a great game. If the original writers of the game is not on board then consider it a failure as people who make game to movie adaptations know nothing of the source material.

I truly hope and wish this project all the best but its just hard for me. Please dear lord let these guys know what Uncharted really is.

Two words; Resident Evil :’(

+ S-E-G on June 27th, 2009 at 7:28 pm said:

please don’t screw this up

+ mywhitenoise on June 27th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

Nathan Fillion or I’m not watching it. It’s such an obvious choice that NATHAN Drake was based on his character from Firefly…hell you guys even chose the same composer.

Nathan Fillion.

Nathan motha %$#@in FILLION!

+ BlooodyCow on June 27th, 2009 at 7:30 pm said:

Let it be a CGI movie using the Uncharted 2 engine. :) Who need actors when you already have the best voice actors in the world on this game already.

+ cronqvist on June 27th, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

Matthew Fox? His role in Lost is kida sarcastic (at least at first), just like our pal Drake.

+ PHI_aXiom on June 27th, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

Dont really care as long as the second one is gold

+ Heavenly_king on June 27th, 2009 at 7:34 pm said:

NOLAN NORTH. HE ACTS AS DRAKE, TALKS AS DRAKE AND LOOKS A LOT LIKE DRAKE!!!

GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE; DRAKE IS WHO IT IS BECAUSE OF HIM.

+ cronqvist on June 27th, 2009 at 7:34 pm said:

Matthew Fox, plox!

+ Heavenly_king on June 27th, 2009 at 7:35 pm said:

“Everyone that do voice over for Uncharted 1 and 2 should play themselves in the movie if the have a part. It is going to be weird listening to someone else voice as Drakes and others.”

THIS

+ PirateThom on June 27th, 2009 at 7:35 pm said:

Please don’t let them mess this up. Uncharted should be easy to adapt to film, it’s already very “film-esque”.

Some creative casting and effects, but the main story is there.

+ FishHead1982 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:35 pm said:

The bloke that does Dexter wouldn’t be too bad. That being said the guy that does the voice himself isn’t too bad either, possibly a little short although if that isn’t a problem for Tom Cruise…

+ Paperboy48 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

Noland North

+ mywhitenoise on June 27th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

while you’re at it, dump the writer and director and hire Joss Whedon.

Also, is Uncharted 2 coming out October 1? My Amazon order updated to the date, which got me really excited.

+ recon_unleashed on June 27th, 2009 at 7:38 pm said:

i think vin diesel should be drake

+ boxmyth on June 27th, 2009 at 7:38 pm said:

Nathan Fillion. He’s got the same hair.

+ Kamahl_rg on June 27th, 2009 at 7:40 pm said:

Chris Evans… i think he kinda looks like Nathan Drake

+ IGriffoI on June 27th, 2009 at 7:46 pm said:

NOLAN NORTH! No argument.

+ NewYork214 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:48 pm said:

ok this is about my 10th time sayin it on this site but Bruce Campbell as Sully. he reminds me of him so much for some reason. it might be his part in burn notice. hey the guy who plays michael in burn notice might be good for drake???

+ harpdevil on June 27th, 2009 at 7:48 pm said:

Seriously. Nolan North.
The voice MAKES the character, his voice and his delivery, it’s the only thing that would make this an Uncharted movie rather than some generic action adventure movie. Come on, if you have a voice actor who looks just like the character then don’t waste them! Don’t make the same mistake as they did in Hitman.

+ wU-sOLdiEr210 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:50 pm said:

the guy host from attack from the show

+ Stoffinator on June 27th, 2009 at 7:51 pm said:

Lets just hope it won’t be another crappy “game to movie” adaptation.

+ issa3032 on June 27th, 2009 at 7:51 pm said:

Jake Gyllenhall would be a perfect bet. He’s a great actor and he looks VERY similar to Drake! Almost like a younger version of Nathan.

+ hife on June 27th, 2009 at 7:53 pm said:

Nathan Fillion gets my vote. If you could actually get Nolan North and he is a good actor, that would be terrific too.

This Chris Evans suggestion doesn’t sound too bad though. If you don’t like him, try watching Sunshine.

+ IIIKAGEIII on June 27th, 2009 at 7:53 pm said:

peter north

+ ThePerfectMurder on June 27th, 2009 at 7:53 pm said:

Nolan North looks too old to play him. I dont care what he says either. Ryan Reynolds would do an amazing job.

+ iExile on June 27th, 2009 at 7:54 pm said:

@ recon_unleashed: You’re…joking right? And Chris Evans? He couldn’t act to save his life! Besides, he looks nothing like Drake. If Nathan Fillion or Nolan North don’t get the role, I won’t even rent the movie.

+ liketoski on June 27th, 2009 at 7:57 pm said:

Put in Arnold Schwortzinegar for the heck of it!

+ KillerWithSniper on June 27th, 2009 at 7:58 pm said:

Nolan North can do it. If he has the acting abilities, he’ll be great. Since he IS the voice actor for Drake, and he puts action through his voice, I don’t see why he shouldn’t have the role.

+ KaiXaR on June 27th, 2009 at 7:58 pm said:

John Sheppard from Stargate Atlantis (played by Joe Flanigan)… he reminds me a lot of Nathan Drake.

+ Kamiboy on June 27th, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

If I had any faith in hollywood movies I’d be playing less games and watching even less foreign cinema, I’ll skip this one as well thank you very much.

+ BOB8489 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:03 pm said:

Nolan North should play drake he kinda looks like drake we’d have the same voice and if he cant pull off the stunts they can get him a stunt double

+ station3fever on June 27th, 2009 at 8:04 pm said:

I say Nolan North himself or even if they let someone else play the role at least let him do the voice over. The voice is KEY or get someone that sounds just like him…
WE WANT NOLANS VOICE :)

+ Avataraang1 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:05 pm said:

Harrison Ford as Sully just as a funny little joke

+ Maverick128 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:05 pm said:

Nathan Fillion and no one but Nathan Fillion. Drake is him, and he is Drake. Get on it now!!!

+ VehicleDestroyr on June 27th, 2009 at 8:08 pm said:

Use the same guy as the voice actor in the game. He looks just like the part. I think his name was Nolan North.

+ Virduk on June 27th, 2009 at 8:10 pm said:

Definitely Nathan Fillion. I can’t imagine anyone else. Hell for quite some time I thought it was Nathan Fillion in the game.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10