LittleBigPlanet 3

Nathan Drake Heading to Hollywood

Evan Wells's Avatar + Posted by Evan Wells on Jun 27, 2009 // Co-President, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

News in Hollywood travels fast!

I am happy to confirm that it is indeed true, Sony Computer Entertainment has signed a deal with Columbia Pictures for a movie adaptation of Uncharted: Drake‚Äôs Fortune and it will be produced by Avi Arad, Charles Roven, Ari Arad and Alex Gartner. We have been working with Avi and the folks and Columbia for quite some time and look forward to sharing additional details on the film in the short future. Obviously we designed the game to be a cinematic experience and we too can’t wait to see it on the big screen.

So, who do you think should play Nathan Drake?

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Pack Front.jpg

500 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10

+ CloudStorm87 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:11 pm said:

It’s still good to hear it straight from the horse’s mouth lol. I’m glad you guys at ND are also happy about it, because you know how most game movie adaptations turn out. (Hint: not good). So knowing you guys have been involved in the discussions eases my mind.

I really hope that you guys remain in the loop to provide your input and make sure the movie stays true to the game(s). Hopefully with a good budget, the cast and people working behind it the movie will turn out to be great.

Now as for who I think should play Drake, I already suggested that Nolan North himself could play the role since he not only looks a bit like Drake, he’s the voice of Drake and he’s a great actor. With a bit of buffing up and hollywood magic, I can’t see why not!

My other choice would be Nathan Fillion from Firefly. I think he looks the part and he’s a great actor. I just hope they don’t go for some big name actor just for the sake of it. No Bale, no Cruise, no Butler. Go for a guy that reflects the type of character Drake is – a regular, ‘everyman’ hero.

I really hope this movie turns out to be great. Can’t wait!

+ Zet13 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:13 pm said:

Nathan Fillion would be PERFECT in this movie, and he’d make it more fantastic than it already is! Nolan North would be good too for obvious reasons ;)

+ NeoUltima on June 27th, 2009 at 8:13 pm said:

Fillion may be similar to Drake…but the movie needs a more popular actor I would think.

+ enshk79 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:13 pm said:

I would pay $100 for a ticket to see DAVID BOREANAZ as Mr. Drake in Uncharted: The Movie

And Emily Rose is smoking hot already so just cast her as Elena and we’re good to go.

+ TuxBobble on June 27th, 2009 at 8:14 pm said:

Nathan Fillion is the only actor who looks, sounds, and talks like Drake. He’s perfect for the role, honestly.

+ Koneesha on June 27th, 2009 at 8:18 pm said:

Jake Jellinhalle

+ DFogz on June 27th, 2009 at 8:20 pm said:

I’d love to see Nolan North as Drake, Emily Rose as Elena, and Bruce Campbell as Sully!
I don’t really have any good ideas for Chloe (if she’s in it) or even Roman, Navarro, and Eddie.

+ Loki50187 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:20 pm said:

Nathan Fillion must play Drake. There is no other choice…..

+ redskyy03 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:20 pm said:

Nathan Fillion would play a great Nathan Drake.

+ MrRender on June 27th, 2009 at 8:22 pm said:

I rarely let my voice be heard, but Nathan Fillion can give you the charm and the action that you need to play Drake. Not to mention his name has be brought up in every blog or text concerning this projects dream cast. Watch Firefly and Serenity and tell me this isn’t him.

+ CloudStorm87 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:22 pm said:

@ 93 (KaiXaR):

THAT is an EXCELLENT suggestion! I’m a huge fan of Stargate Atlantis and agree Joe Flanigan (“John Sheppard”) would be fantastic as Drake! He’s a great actor, looks and sounds a lot like Drake and he’s funny too. He would definitely be my next choice if they can’t get Nolan North or Nathan Fillion to do it.

I really hope the people involved in this movie read this! lol

+ CloudStorm87 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:23 pm said:

Sorry I meant #92. Got too excited by your suggestion! :P

+ osufan21 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:24 pm said:

Chuck Norris

+ Webby181 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

The fact that so many of you are requesting Nathan Fillion astounds me. In a good way. :)

So yeah, Nathan Fillion. His casting alone would guarantee attendance from the Browncoat audience. Plus, you know, he’s an awesome actor and would do the part justice.

+ IIIKAGEIII on June 27th, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

huge jackman

+ Fausk on June 27th, 2009 at 8:27 pm said:

Colin Farrell definitely has the look and is star power enough to drive the film at the box office.

I’d also almost say Ben Affleck, but I know pretty much everyone on the site would hate that suggestion.

+ DarknessBear on June 27th, 2009 at 8:28 pm said:

Nathan Fillion is the only right answer. You better make it happen Sony or you fail at life.

+ bluedoggy1 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

DANNY DEVITO FTW! lol!!! jk…

Nolan North or I don’t watch, lol.

+ CloudStorm87 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:32 pm said:

The only actors who would suit Drake’s role are-

NOLAN NORTH

NATHAN FILLION

JOE FLANIGAN

I will watch this movie in a heartbeat if any of them played Drake.

+ Hawt on June 27th, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

Nolan North would be awesome but I think he might be too old?

Bradley Cooper would be awesome as long as Nolan North keeps doing the video games

+ bluedoggy1 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:34 pm said:

Danny Devito! JK

Nolan North.

+ MajorZero77 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:34 pm said:

Nathan Fillion or Nolan North

+ gamestopper09 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:36 pm said:

Math Damon as Nathan Drake. It’s gonna be awesome.

+ onipar on June 27th, 2009 at 8:37 pm said:

The entire main cast should be played by the voice actors.

I know the damn big wigs will be pushing for “stars” to play the characters to ensure an audience, but it would be a mistake. Get the voice actors who already know the characters, and in fact *are* the characters. They’ll make the movie the best it can be.

+ Rabid619 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:39 pm said:

I would love to see Nolan North reprise his role as Nate, but if that is not possible, Nathan Fillion would fit the role very well.

In my opinion, though, the true Elena fisher, Emily Rose must reprise her role. She already is a spitting image of Elena, and already has the role down… and come on! At least one of the originals must play a part!

+ KazeEternal on June 27th, 2009 at 8:39 pm said:

NOLAN NORTH OMFG HE IS NATHAN DRAKE!!

Also Mr Even Wells this next request is of the utmost imperative for you and Naughty Dog to carry out.

MAKE SURE THIS MOVIE DOES NOT SUCK!!!! This has be epic and a true example of how Hollywood should address video game adaptations. We have plenty examples of how not to coming form the river of suck that has been coming at us in the forum of Tomb Raider, Mario Brothers, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and perhaps more.

+ Berae on June 27th, 2009 at 8:39 pm said:

great news! im looking forward for some details

+ tearsofash on June 27th, 2009 at 8:43 pm said:

Stephen Colbert! He’s the face of freedom!

+ john_ecko on June 27th, 2009 at 8:44 pm said:

Here’s another vote for Nathan Fillion. The character Malcolm Reynolds is pretty damn close to that of Nathan Drake. Nathan has that character down pat, it shouldn’t be that much of a stretch for him to become Nathan Drake.

Only problem is that Nathan isn’t exactly young looking. Nothing that Hollywood magic can fix though.

Emily Rose needs to be Elena.

Hopefully TPTB don’t screw this movie. All they need to do is follow most of the storyline and copy the dialogue.

+ john_ecko on June 27th, 2009 at 8:47 pm said:

Yeah seriously, when I first started playing the game, I always thought it was Nathan Fillion doing the voice. I was surprised as hell when I IMDB’d him and didn’t see Uncharted under his credits.

+ diablo103 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:48 pm said:

Nolan North should definitley play himeself(though he needs to get into shape, sry Nolan) likewise Emily rose should play Elana. The reason being as a fan of this game what makes the characters so likeable is the way the characters voices seem to mach perfectly as though they’re real. make it happen

+ Cerberus_Hunter on June 27th, 2009 at 8:51 pm said:

I’ll play Nathan…

J/K LOL

Why not Nolan North?

+ whatisdelicious on June 27th, 2009 at 8:51 pm said:

Just let Nolan North do it. He IS the character anyway and defined it. He looks enough like Nathan Drake anyway that it wouldn’t be that weird, and the girl who plays Elena should just play Elena because, well, she looks just like her and defined that character as well.

I mean, it’s what everybody misses when they adapt games into film. Those characters have already been seen on screen. It’s not like all the countless book-to-film adaptations where you’re pretty much free to interpret how you want as long as you don’t stray too far since it was all faceless text; this is from a videogame. I’ve seen Nathan Drake. I’ve played as him. I’m familiar with his voice and really like how he OWNS that character.

So just let Nolan North do it.

+ Xenoxerxes on June 27th, 2009 at 8:52 pm said:

It seems obvious to me that Nolan North should get the role. He’s good looking, he’s the voice, he’s got the sense of humor, it’s his character. He built it.

Who the hell is Nathan Fillion and what the heck did he do to deserve to be in Uncharted? Screw him. This is Nolan North’s character.

And the lovely Emily Rose hopefully plays Elena. Anyone else in the role would be an injustice and a travesty.

+ whatisdelicious on June 27th, 2009 at 8:52 pm said:

Oh, or Nathan Fillion.

Saw somebody else mention it, and that’d be the only other acceptable option. He’d be perfect too.

+ iamacopshutup on June 27th, 2009 at 8:52 pm said:

NOLAN NORTH! NOLAN NORTH! NOLAN NORTH! Not any other stupid actor from Hollywood. Just get Nolan to step into the gym or something. He IS Nathan, thus he should PLAY Nathan. And Emily Rose should be Elena because I mean come on… All the voice actors are pretty much perfect for the characters on-screen. I would be extremely disappointed if anyone else were picked.

+ xkonx on June 27th, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

yes nathan fillion would be perfect. but Sony should do something with that bluray movie of uncharted either include the game with it or do something that would be only capable with the ps3, let some ps3 exclusive feature come with it or something you know.

+ Xenoxerxes on June 27th, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

Who the heck is Nathan Fillion and what the heck did he do to deserve to be in Uncharted? Screw him. This is Nolan North’s character.

+ MarvelAssassin on June 27th, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

Nathan Fillion please!!!!!

+ Destiny89 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:56 pm said:

Nathan Fillion

+ wasim007 on June 27th, 2009 at 8:56 pm said:

Nathan fillion

nathan fillion

nathan fillion

+ Rated-Rsuperstar on June 27th, 2009 at 8:57 pm said:

Nolan North would be my first choice.

But Joe Flanigan from tv’s Stargate Atlantis would be awesome as well.

+ mosespippy on June 27th, 2009 at 8:59 pm said:

This is a great example of Sony being so big that one division doesn’t work with the others. Why is Columbia pictures making the movie rather than Sony Pictures?

Nolan North should play Nathan Drake. If he does, then this will be the first movie I’ll have gone to see in theatres since National Treasure back in 2004.

+ A13ofSpades on June 27th, 2009 at 9:00 pm said:

I might not go if its not nolan north….

+ Armstrong on June 27th, 2009 at 9:01 pm said:

Grats on all the big awards for Uncharted 2 over E3, Evan.

I’d really like to see Nolan North have a shot at playing the character in the movie. Maybe he can’t pull off the physicality of the character – I don’t know, but he should have his shot. He his Drake as we know him.

Other than Nolan North, Nathan Fillion is an obvious pick.

+ waytansea27 on June 27th, 2009 at 9:02 pm said:

NATHAN FILLION

hands down no question!

+ Enigma777 on June 27th, 2009 at 9:02 pm said:

Can’t really say I’m excited for an Uncharted movie… all the other game-turned-movies have sucked hard!!! If you mess this up myself and a thousand angry fanboys will hunt you down!

+ XechaTigs on June 27th, 2009 at 9:05 pm said:

Christian Bale. Look at his face, look at Nathan’s face, go watch the Dark Knight.

+ Armstrong on June 27th, 2009 at 9:05 pm said:

@142 mosepippy

Columbia Pictures is owned by Sony.

+ Spartan698 on June 27th, 2009 at 9:08 pm said:

I think Bradley Cooper should get it.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10