PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Nathan Drake Heading to Hollywood

Evan Wells's Avatar + Posted by Evan Wells on Jun 27, 2009 // Co-President, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

News in Hollywood travels fast!

I am happy to confirm that it is indeed true, Sony Computer Entertainment has signed a deal with Columbia Pictures for a movie adaptation of Uncharted: Drake‚Äôs Fortune and it will be produced by Avi Arad, Charles Roven, Ari Arad and Alex Gartner. We have been working with Avi and the folks and Columbia for quite some time and look forward to sharing additional details on the film in the short future. Obviously we designed the game to be a cinematic experience and we too can’t wait to see it on the big screen.

So, who do you think should play Nathan Drake?

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Pack Front.jpg

500 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 10

+ wocyob on June 27th, 2009 at 9:10 pm said:

Nolan North better do it… he looks like nate and sounds like nate ….durr

and im sure he will do it cuz all the charaters in the game looks like the people in real life so why not?

but if other actors plays the roles of the voice actors in the game the whole movie will be garbage “sorry to say” so do the fans a favor and keep the people who voiced it…. and i can honestly say that you will be the first to have a video game movie that doesnt suck….

good luck and please make sure hollywood doesnt blow such a masterpiece to hell

+ wocyob on June 27th, 2009 at 9:12 pm said:

why doesnt my comment show up grrrr

+ wocyob on June 27th, 2009 at 9:13 pm said:

Nolan North better do it… he looks like nate and sounds like nate ….durr

good luck and please make sure hollywood doesnt blow such a masterpiece to heck

copy and paste FTW!!! changed the last word maybe this will show my comment

+ KALEL114 on June 27th, 2009 at 9:14 pm said:

Lee Pace for Drake. Make it happen. :)

+ alfmac on June 27th, 2009 at 9:15 pm said:

Jason Kapono.
He looks Nathan Drake but he’s a basketball player :(

So, i vote for Nolan North :)

+ kdiep on June 27th, 2009 at 9:16 pm said:

Brad Pitt lol! I’m actually kinda serious, although to be fair I don’t know much regarding that Fillion guy or most of the other names mentioned. So I gotta say Brad Pitt since he has that mischevious side (or however you write it, too tired to look up) and could have the same hair, think he could pull off the humor quite nicely.

+ Maiar on June 27th, 2009 at 9:17 pm said:

definitely Nathan Fillion or Nolan North. Nathan Fillion has the character down and he was excellent in Firefly. Nolan North simply because he is the voice Nathan Drake. Honestly either would be excellent. I don’t think anyone else would fill Drakes shoes.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on June 27th, 2009 at 9:18 pm said:

This is so weird, There is this guy who works at a convenience store near me. Just last week I told him he was a dead ringer for Nathan Drake. I said if they ever made a movie that he would be the best person for the job. Seriously, He looks just like Nathan.
I’ll post to my flicker tomorrow.

+ TrueStoryGuy on June 27th, 2009 at 9:22 pm said:

Nathan Fillion for Drake all the way.

+ john_ecko on June 27th, 2009 at 9:26 pm said:

For those that have no idea who Nathan Fillion is and has never seen him playing the character Malcolm Reynolds in Firefly/Serenity, just watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhsaUM407V0

+ Hiterhat on June 27th, 2009 at 9:40 pm said:

Samuel Jackson….and there better be snakes in the treasure

+ adolson on June 27th, 2009 at 9:40 pm said:

Nathan Fillion, obviously.

Nolan North could do it too, if he is good in front of the camera (I don’t know).

But I think you’re going to disappoint many people if Fillion doesn’t get the roll. Well, at least I will cry.

+ adolson on June 27th, 2009 at 9:42 pm said:

Not seeing my comment.. Sorry if it shows up.

Basically, I agree with most people – Fillion, or North. Either/or. Nothing but.

+ Brianv2 on June 27th, 2009 at 9:44 pm said:

Craig Horner should be nathan drake.

+ blackmajic13 on June 27th, 2009 at 9:53 pm said:

Nolan North for Drake! I mean, come on, it just wouldn’t be the same without his voice. Besides, if even looks a bit like him.

+ dewmandew7 on June 27th, 2009 at 9:53 pm said:

Makes sense. I’m excited!

+ willmorse on June 27th, 2009 at 9:54 pm said:

Easy Choice … Nathan Fillion!!!!!!

+ StMerc on June 27th, 2009 at 9:56 pm said:

Nolan or no one.

+ Strange__Brew on June 27th, 2009 at 9:58 pm said:

Everyone seems to be jumping on the Nathan Fillion bandwagon , but I think the JOE FLANIGAN suggestion was the best so far in the battle of lesser known actors.

Please , NOT mathew mcconaughey.

Last resort – Evan Wells (put the man on steroids)

+ Avro2007 on June 27th, 2009 at 10:06 pm said:

Chris Pine! I can see him pulling off a great Nathan Drake.

+ hideINshadows on June 27th, 2009 at 10:11 pm said:

Nathan Fillion for sure. As soon as I opened and played my copy of Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune I thought of Nathan Fillion.

+ the_solidsnake on June 27th, 2009 at 10:12 pm said:

Nathan Fillion!

+ Daliuss on June 27th, 2009 at 10:13 pm said:

The first time I played Uncharted, I thought Nathan Drake was being voiced by Nathan Fillion. They even kind of look the same! I think that casting choice should be a no brainer… get Fillion! PLEASE!

+ nandosupes on June 27th, 2009 at 10:14 pm said:

Nathan North,and probably the right man to do it.

+ Strange__Brew on June 27th, 2009 at 10:17 pm said:

Joe Flanigan > Nathan Fillion

+ Ahmed13 on June 27th, 2009 at 10:19 pm said:

aaron eckhart… hes funny… cool and a good actor

+ LUGIEZ on June 27th, 2009 at 10:25 pm said:

Bruce Willis or Sean Connery? if not, then Shia Lebeouf..
Shia would be real funny when needed for Nathan’s character. And he’s already proved he can go up against machines and weird creatures from Indiana Jones, why not Drake’s Fortune?

+ Tezasaurus on June 27th, 2009 at 10:38 pm said:

Nathan Fillion or bust. Also, give Emily Rose Elena’s part, she was great in Jericho.

+ Kxpuc on June 27th, 2009 at 10:44 pm said:

If Nathan Fillion isn’t the #1 through 5 choice for playing Nathan Drake I don’t know if i’m going to watch it and buy the Blu-ray of it. there’s very little actors (and it’ll be so wrong for a COMPLETELY no name actor to play Mr. Half Tuck)

+ SnakeCellXx on June 27th, 2009 at 10:47 pm said:

Honestly, i think Jeffery Donovan should play Nathan Drake and Bruce Campbell should play Sully.. Their relationship in Burn Notice is just like Sam and Michael from the show..

+ Muggles on June 27th, 2009 at 10:52 pm said:

Come on! It’s so obvious! The only choice is Nolan North! And if you need a young Drake, it has to be Nathan Kress from iCarly. The resemblance is uncanny and his name is even Nathan! But it has to be Nolan for adult Drake.

+ Shchenok on June 27th, 2009 at 10:55 pm said:

::NOLAN NORTH::
Please, it would just be perfect!

+ Strange__Brew on June 27th, 2009 at 10:58 pm said:

Jeffrey Donovan , thats’s a good suggestion too.

+ recon_unleashed on June 27th, 2009 at 11:22 pm said:

iexil yea it was a joke…

+ Rhez on June 27th, 2009 at 11:24 pm said:

What about Gerard Butler?

+ cdefomn on June 27th, 2009 at 11:27 pm said:

Martin lawrence should play drake for sure

+ Gullerback on June 27th, 2009 at 11:27 pm said:

Nolan North… duh. He IS a live screen actor

+ wolverine81 on June 27th, 2009 at 11:29 pm said:

Nolan North hands down! He should definately get the gig as well as the other voice actors.

+ FPlus on June 27th, 2009 at 11:34 pm said:

Why would u let a great actor go to waste ?? NN is Drake… just needs to grow his hair abit longer & gel i upward… DONT Get Ryan Renolds his too cocky..

+ spiceweasel on June 27th, 2009 at 11:40 pm said:

I just want to lend my support to Nolan North for the movie. This guy’s been crucial in creating Drake and he’s been behind the games from day one. He’s put the work in and shown his talent and he’s the right choice for the movie.

Of course, he not “bankable” enough for a blockbuster and that’s sad. Give him his big break! Or get Nathan Fillion.

Just please don’t use Matthew Maconaughey!

+ VenomXv on June 27th, 2009 at 11:43 pm said:

WHoa, it’s official now. I always thought it was just a rumor. What an awesome idea. I really hope they take there time with it.

Oh yeah, anyone BUT Christan Bale. Please, don’t ruin it by putting him as Drake.

Nathan Fillion isn’t bad but Nolan North would be awesome.

+ Boldizzle on June 27th, 2009 at 11:44 pm said:

I agreet that Emily Rose(Elena Fisher voice actor) should be Elena Fisher in the movie, she’s amazing.

Nathan Fillion would be a good Drake, he delivers his punch lines really well on Firefly/Serenity. He’d definitely be good as Nathan Drake.

+ Bahamut44-4 on June 27th, 2009 at 11:45 pm said:

Seriously, it has to be Nathan Fillion.

He has the style, looks, charm, voice. He’d pull it off and then some. Just make it happen Sony, Columbia, whoever.

+ griever666usa on June 27th, 2009 at 11:49 pm said:

Nolan North baby!!!!

+ MegadethAndy on June 27th, 2009 at 11:50 pm said:

The original cast should play their respective parts.
If you want to be the first good movie to game, then ya had better try something different to what has been done so far.

Otherwise, Jackie Chan for Drake lol

+ AJD_L3G3ND on June 27th, 2009 at 11:50 pm said:

Nathan Fillion needs to be Drake in this movie. That’s the only way it will be any good. Also Emily Rose can be Elena Fisher in the movie since she is already is in game and she really looks like Elena Fisher.

+ Revariance on June 27th, 2009 at 11:51 pm said:

@48

Couldn’t agree more. If I saw either of them cast in the lead role I would weep.

But I’d love to see an up-and-comer play Nate, but when push comes to shove I think Nolan North really could pull it off nicely if he buckled down to look the part. Also it would be the kind of fan-service most video game movie tie-ins just don’t get.

+ wocyob on June 27th, 2009 at 11:51 pm said:

sorry for my extra comments… guess it took longer to show up

+ Revariance on June 27th, 2009 at 11:52 pm said:

Also.

Yes, the people have spoken. The undeniably gorgeous and talented Emily Rose must play Elena. End of discussion.

+ JoE5005 on June 27th, 2009 at 11:53 pm said:

Am I the only crazy one who thinks Tom Cruise could pull off a great Nathan Drake. I know all the controversy around the guy, but I seriously think he is the best match. Just his cocky style and he kind of looks the part. It would work well.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 10