PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jun 28, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

There’s a lot to read here this week, though I’ll understand if you wait an hour or so to get started. The US is in the Confederations Cup Final… who saw that coming??

As usual, feel free to submit any stories we may have missed in the comments below.

The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of June 22, 2009)

PAGE 1 2

+ Destiny89 on June 28th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

Hey jeff I want to thank you first of all for always replying and as always lol I have a question, have you got the chance to talk to Namco Bandai while in E3? Im asking this because I want to know if Tales of Vesperia will make it to North America or not? Been waiting for so long for this game to make it to ps3 and now that it did all I need to know is a release date
Thanks for the list and cant wait for The Punisher

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 1:27 pm said:

I\’ve asked, and they say \”we\’ve not made any announcements\” with regards to that game coming to North America. If that should ever change, you know we\’d have that for you.

+ acmilanboy on June 28th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Go USA!! Unless we call the sport football, we can never really love the sport and make great strides ahead :(

+ The_Punisher111 on June 28th, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

@acmilanboy
You sir …. dont want your talking about

+ djpenny1 on June 28th, 2009 at 12:18 pm said:

Rip Billy Mays

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

I know, right? Shocking.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on June 28th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

I really shouldn’t be a gamer, I have absolutely no patience and the majority of it all is waiting for them to be made and come out, but when they do it’s very satisfying. Speaking of waiting any word on official SCEA gamer card, avatars, and BCR trophies?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

Not yet. As soon as any/all of these things are finalized, you\’ll read it here.

+ MegadethAndy on June 28th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Good week for news, cheers

+ Thrasher20 on June 28th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

BILLY MAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ footballrule on June 28th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Thanks you for the news! Go Sony!!

+ Delriach on June 28th, 2009 at 12:47 pm said:

This has been one messed up week in non-gaming related news.

+ thepatriots on June 28th, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

It seems that Sony is really pushing for Uncharted to be a staple Sony franchise(and with good reason). I have seen more coverage and hype for Uncharted 2 than any other release this year (even MW2). Now there is a movie being made. Wow.

Even though he does not have that much on screen acting experience I really would like to see Nolan North in Drakes shoes.

As a side note I know its very early in product but I really would like to hear some news on Agent. I thought it was the most under hyped, under covered announcement at E3. A Q&A with R* N would be amazing. I am sure they could not tell us much about the game but maybe things like were they got their inspiration from and some incite on the creative process for the title.

+ gekko1986 on June 28th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

Any news on Trine, could we maybe get a dev interview? Also I would really love to know what Jonathan Mak of Everyday Shooter is up to.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 1:30 pm said:

Good suggestion.

+ KazeEternal on June 28th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

Must….. get …. Tales of Vesperia….

Jeff is there anyway we can nudge namco to give us this game. It hurts seeing all this stuff coming up for it and not knowing if we’ll be getting it.

Next thing you know it Tales of Vesperia will have Remote Play too *sigh*.

+ gekko1986 on June 28th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

Any news on Trine? Maybe you could get a dev interview please. Also I would really like to know what Jonathan Mak of Everyday Shooter is up to.

+ PirateThom on June 28th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

USA were playing well, but they got tired in the second half, at which point Brazill stepped up.

USA did fantastically well to overcome the odds and even get to the final though.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

Agreed. Awesome match, but I\’m a bit deflated.

+ ShadOforce on June 28th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

RIP Billy Mays

By the way, since this week is going into July, will we be hearing any news at all regarding Fat Princess?

+ Delriach on June 28th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

We need a blog post about Trine for the PS3. Such an awesome game! It needs more hype.

any blogposts regarding that game coming any time soon? I know I’m sold on it, but how many people even know about it ;_;?

+ Fersis on June 28th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

Jeff do you like football ?
(I mean real football not American football)

+ quiomar01 on June 28th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

Good list of articles.

Hey Jeff, I know this is probably more of an NBC thing than a Sony thing, but I was wondering if you knew anything about Hulu not working on PS3 browsers.

Also, here’s an interview with Sucker Punch on inFAMOUS.

+ Nick-30 on June 28th, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

Noooooo. This is the last day for the uncharted 2 beta.
Everyone play it as much as you can.
(man i can’t wait for the game to come out)

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 8:37 pm said:

Good call. See you on tonight!

+ kingmeazly on June 28th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

How about R.I.P Micheal Jackson

+ Darkos87 on June 28th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

Jeff, can you confirm anything about the next firmware? Even if you say ‘it will be worth the wait’ your reply post will go on N4G.com and be the most popular story there for the week, promise :)

+ Chaos_Bladez on June 28th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

Yay! Formatted for my iPod touch! This is very helpful thanks.

+ Stoffinator on June 28th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

Has I messages to you Jeff, would love to have the developers of Ghostbusters The Video game be on the blog. :-p

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 8:38 pm said:

Well the game\’s out, so unless there\’s going to be any DLC, I doubt it\’ll happen. I\’ll keep an ear out, however.

+ trustter on June 28th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

@17
I think it’s best known as Soccer in NA.

+ Chaos_Bladez on June 28th, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

Yay! This site is formatted for my iPod touch. Thanks this is very useful.

+ Arion87 on June 28th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

Greetings from South Africa where the Confederations Cup is being played :)

I supported USA in this match. I just wanna congratulate you guys for proving to the World to not forget the underdogs. South Africa’s performance in the tournament also exceeded everyone’s expectations for South Africa (including South African’s themselves)

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 8:39 pm said:

From all accounts, seems to have been a well-hosted event. I\’d love to visit next year for the World Cup!

+ Blackxino on June 28th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

lol…Jeff

Ok I don’t care about Sigma 2 now, I want to know more about Playstation Cloud AKA Beast Cloud:)

+ AngelMayLaugh on June 28th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

When is Uncharted gonna be a greatest hits? Not Paying 60 dollars for an almost 2 year old game. No matter how good it is.

+ Saitou1024 on June 28th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

In response to Jeff’s response to #1: Can you make sure you tell them how many of us keep asking about this one? We PS3 fans need a Tales game. You’ve worked wonders for us before Jeff, I know you won’t let us down with this.

If nothing else, maybe you can get an interview or chat session with them on the site so the fans can tell them how much we want it outselves. Well, do what you can. Thanks.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 8:40 pm said:

Tell you what, I\’ll email this comment to them :-)

Oh, and I\’m not kidding.

+ DAG25 on June 28th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

Sony – PlayStation 3 (80GB) with LittleBigPlanet and Wall-E $399

+ almighty-slayer on June 28th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

Love the Trine suggestion. Can’t wait for that game to hit

+ Dragonzblaze on June 28th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

hey jeff any news on the actual release date of sacred 2 fallen angel patch the multiplayer is messed up need patch A.S.A.P

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 8:41 pm said:

None that I know of, but it\’s not like they have to clear it through me. I\’ll do some digging this week.

+ mikedo2007 on June 28th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

I was very excited to see GTA: Chinatown War coming to PSP. I don’t think the DS would have been a good market from the beginning (It gave DS gamer a real GTA4 experience). About Quantum, when I saw it, it does look like Gears of War. I’m not hating it, but it will be our version of Gears along with Uncharted.

+ katsuo7171 on June 28th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

Sorry I can’t accept USA’s soccer as football. Until they change the name of American Football to Soccer and Soccer to footbal. It’s just a disgrace.

To top it off USA shouldn’t even have gone past the group stages and I am at a loss on how Egypt could lose to them and Italy to Brazil. It was pure luck that they got to the finals. PERIOD.

Good job Brazil, they showed them what football is.

I’ll post my links soon.

+ Jeigh on June 28th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

RIP Michael Jackson
RIP Billy Mays
RIP Farrah Faucet

They come in threes, you know.

I really don’t care if Tales of Vesperia comes to NA or not- just that it is released SOMEWHERE with English voice-acting. Games aren’t regionalized. This is one of those superior traits of the PS3 that the owners should really be aware of and take advantage of.

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing more on the motion controls, but this Cloud thing is ridiculous- YOU, Jeff Himself, stated that the mock-up was fake but they STILL won’t let it go. If only your Bansword worked in the real world… Oh, well.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 8:45 pm said:

People believe what they want to believe. If they choose to ignore the rumor smash, so be it.

+ SavoyPrime on June 28th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

Thanks for looking out for us PS3 fans Jeff and replying to comments. I’ve been wondering what’s up with a North America release for Tales of Vesperia on the PS3. Thanks for keeping us posted. I played it on the 360 and loved it, but when I heard the PS3 version was going to be better, I quickly turned in my 360 version for trade-in credit. I pray the PS3 version of ToV gets released here in NA.

+ katsuo7171 on June 28th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

Here are my 2 links(I was kinda off a lot this week)

Media Molecule working on a “new, ground-breaking, PS3 title”:

FFVII Re-Release: Proof That A Remake Would Be Lucrative: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/5366.html

+ katsuo7171 on June 28th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

Oh quick addition.. Jeff what’s up with the Blog? Ever since the downtime, whenever you post it doesn’t show up instantly causing people to double post. Can you guys please look into the situation.

Also Jun Takeuchi said that a Lost planet 2 demo would be coming soon to the Live Marketplace. He never mentioned anything about Playstation Network. Is Lost Planet 2 a timed exclusive?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 8:47 pm said:

You\’re absolutely right about the comments – there\’s been some server strangeness, and hopefully that\’ll get ironed out this week.

I can\’t speak for Capcom, I just know the game is coming to PS3, and it looks hot.

+ Capt-Fury- on June 28th, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

@35

theres a deal between MS and Capcom for exclusive demos.(reason why PS didnt have the BC demo)This is only for big games tho…

+ fleinn on June 28th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

Hey, Tales of Vesperia news. Thanks for not forgetting us, Jeff.

+ NEJI64 on June 28th, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

@32 the US could dominate Soccer if kids care about it like Baseball, Basketball and Football and Hockey.

+ DLYTEC on June 28th, 2009 at 6:42 pm said:

jeff check out my thread related to uncharted 2

+ juanpipe on June 28th, 2009 at 6:44 pm said:

I don’t want to sound harsh, and I hope you take it as a joke, here it goes:

I got one missed article, it’s called “PlayStation doesn’t pay attention to The Beatles: Rock Band”. Remember I’m just kidding.

But seriously Jeff, when we’ll have some interviews or trailers here? I want the game to have some love from you guys.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 8:48 pm said:

I think you\’re the first to ask, on the Blog at least. What is it that you\’d like to know?

+ Spathis on June 28th, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

Any word of Fat Princess? Is It still a summer release?

Any word on Tales of Vesperia for the US/EU?

Any more news on that Under Siege PSN game?

Michael Jackson Moonwalker on the PSN please.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 28th, 2009 at 8:48 pm said:

Still a summer release, yes (Fat Princess). Don\’t have any other news.

+ Spathis on June 28th, 2009 at 6:52 pm said:

Any word of Fat Princess? Is It still a summer release?

Any word on Tales of Vesperia for the US/EU?

Any more news on that Under Siege PSN game?

Michael Jackson Moonwalker on the PSN please.

(sorry if double post i didn’t see my first post go through)

+ xTKxMZDawg123 on June 28th, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

I can’t wait until we get some new avatars, or custom avatar support.

+ xTKxMZDawg123 on June 28th, 2009 at 7:01 pm said:

I can’t wait until we get new avatars, or custom avatar support.

(Sorry for possible double post)

+ Jeremy092387 on June 28th, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

I think the only way we can get Namco Bandai to say something regarding Vesperia is to get a representative onto this blog and ask them. They might just pull the “we don’t have any “announcements” but maybe if we bug them enough, they’ll actually say something else.

Make sure the next time you talk to Namco Jeff, make sure they know what we want! :)

Oh and R.I.P. Billy Mays…….

+ ken_kimura on June 28th, 2009 at 8:04 pm said:

the uncharted beta is over!!! NOOOOO!!!! I can’t believe I will have to wait until the fall now… Guess I will have to go back to Infamous for the good campaign.

Sony should bring some of the Fall games to the Summer. Games like Ratchet may get lost in the middle of Uncharted 2, MW2, AC2 and others…. I love how a great game such as Infamous came out in the summer when there isn’t much to play.

+ XgargunoX on June 28th, 2009 at 9:12 pm said:

dude we need some fat princess info…we dont even know when in the summer???? thats from june 21 to september 22..

i think celebrities might be a new endangered species :P haha RIP michael jackson, farrah fawcett, billy mays, ed thomas, and anyone else i forgot

PAGE 1 2