Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jun 28, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

There’s a lot to read here this week, though I’ll understand if you wait an hour or so to get started. The US is in the Confederations Cup Final… who saw that coming??

As usual, feel free to submit any stories we may have missed in the comments below.

The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of June 22, 2009)

PAGE 1 2

+ applecolanyc on June 28th, 2009 at 9:12 pm said:

Why can we play music from my ipod and share in home…

+ applecolanyc on June 28th, 2009 at 9:15 pm said:

Hi Jeff,

When can we choose to play music of our choice… Its sony, but music sucks… can we play music from ipod

+ IGLOO05 on June 28th, 2009 at 9:16 pm said:

Thanks for the post Jeff.

I was thinking…since Michael Jackson is an artist on Sony Music Entertainment, wouldn’t it be great to have a tribute, to the king of pop by having a Singstar title called: “Singstar: Michael Jackson” It would be great to sing and dance to Michael hits on Singstar!

Probably not likely to happen, with legal issues, music rights, etc. But you never know. Just thought I’d throw that idea out there and see the reaction to it.

+ Spathis on June 28th, 2009 at 9:44 pm said:

Jeff just another thing. These blogs need a proper reply button for users. Both on the EU and US ones.

Its weird typing “@54″

+ MMaLuFF on June 28th, 2009 at 10:36 pm said:

Dear Mr. Rubenstein,
Do you have any idea when the Brazilian PSN will be lauched? and if the DLC will be area 1?
Best regards

+ tomarcus on June 28th, 2009 at 11:10 pm said:

Midway is being bought by Warner Bros.

+ TQcast on June 29th, 2009 at 12:10 am said:

Wow Jeff , how can you leave out TQcast’s huge Uncharted 2 game night June 24th?? TQcast even had Naughty Dog staff playing with them and streamed live. That is true community news.. Great job Kid!

+ Letters2Kay on June 29th, 2009 at 12:38 am said:

I was on the edge about BlazBlue (all the free Limited Edition goodies for preorders were REALLY tempting) but the articles I read this week on the Remote Play support pushed it over the edge. I preordered it after reading the headlines.

Quantum & Demon’s Souls are looking excellent…

+ Letters2Kay on June 29th, 2009 at 12:42 am said:

@ Spathis (#54)

I agree, reply would be nice- but I really wish no one would reply with just a post number as any comments with links have to be approved and then it throws the numbers off. I always use the poster’s name first and foremost.

+ JesseHaysFL on June 29th, 2009 at 1:24 am said:

UNDER SEIGE looks amazing….I really cant wait.

My question for Mr. Rubenstein is this…

Are you (sony not you of course) releasing Battle Tanks this week?

+ PirateThom on June 29th, 2009 at 1:31 am said:

Will it be possible to do a PS Eye interview with Kazunori Yamauchi? Based entirely on this:

:D

+ MegadethAndy on June 29th, 2009 at 2:22 am said:

Not sure if its just me, but this 2.80 firmware has made in game xmb so much smoother and faster than before.
While im all for new features, im surprised how much better this had made the experience.

+ sirgrinalot on June 29th, 2009 at 4:23 am said:

So Jeff, any idea when the 32gb MS Pro Duo is going to be released this year? I heard nothing of it at E3, or anywhere for that matter.

+ remanutd5 on June 29th, 2009 at 4:39 am said:

It was a very good confederation cups for the US , no complaints here , they beat the number 1 team in the world and 1 of the favorites to win the world cup next year and almost made the miracle of beating the mighty Brazil , very well played US congrats , i am seriously thinking about going to south africa next year lol
hey it would be nice to do a playstation eye blog weekly introduction video

+ Arion87 on June 29th, 2009 at 5:01 am said:

@Jeff and remanutd5. Let me know if you guys come to South Africa next year. I live in one of the cities that are hosting matches (Bloemfontein). I saw a few American tourists at the game I went to.

Once again, congrats to the US!

+ Arion87 on June 29th, 2009 at 5:05 am said:

@Jeff and anyone else planning on coming to South Africa next year, let me know if you do, I live in one of the cities hosting the matches (Bloemfontein). You guys should book ur tickets for the matches if u havent already.
Tickets are very cheap compared to previous World Cups, and Im sure all of u that visit will love SA.

BTW, we also call it Soccer, so dont think u Americans are alone in that regard.

I saw a couple of American tourists at the one game I went to. Once again, congrats to the US!!!

+ Saitou1024 on June 29th, 2009 at 6:01 am said:

@Jeff’s Response to #29:
Wow, thanks a ton! Be sure to let us know if you get anything other than the generic “We have no information at this time”

+ Onna76_NL on June 29th, 2009 at 6:36 am said:

If they’re not going to release Atelier Rorona and Tales of Vesperia in the West, then I’m going to be very pissed and the folks at Nippon Ichi / Namco Bandai, won’t be happy with me, that’s for sure xD

Can someone explain to me why I can’t log in via my PS3 browser? My PC is dead and I’m logged in now via … my Wii browser. Yep. I’ve tried to log in like 5 times via my PS3 browser but nothing.

+ Onna76_NL on June 29th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

Have to say that the blog looks very weird via the Wii Opera browser, all white haha… Same with Hotmail which looks totally ridiculous. Ow well, looking weird is better than not being able to log in at all.

+ LordElite on June 29th, 2009 at 7:10 am said:

In case you wanted to see how the PS3 and its games are selling:

There’s one of these every week (the article is Americas only, but the site has worldwide sales)

+ Sum1_BetterZenU on June 29th, 2009 at 8:10 am said:

THIS WEEK WITH YOUR PS3……(drums) IT’S ANOTHER USELESS FIRMWARE UPDATE. REALLY IT DOESN’T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. Thats what you all wanted right. Not BC, not a party system, not private party voice chat, not cross game private chat, no not even a (deleted) avatar! Thnx for killing the ps3 you retarded, worthless bums.

+ madcrabs on June 29th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

Curious as to why “What We Read” is never about what consumers would like to see in their Sony products. Or why nothing is ever from the official Sony forums.

+ AntiTidus on June 29th, 2009 at 9:45 pm said:

Still any news about Tales of Vesperia coming to the US. I really want that game and I’m sure others want that too! Also will the game Trinity Universe be coming to the US. Thank you people of Sony Entertainment for giving us all the updates and news! (8

+ Entrelacer on July 2nd, 2009 at 5:21 am said:

I’ve been waiting for a Tales of Vesperia port since it came out on 360; I really hope it makes it over here so I won’t have to import.

Do you think it has a good chance of coming here, Jeff?

+ bamboodia on July 2nd, 2009 at 7:41 am said:

Hey jeff, this is a little bit off topic but i cant get the e-mail feature to work on this site so i have to post my message here.

Me and two friends recently made a video using Ragdoll Kung fu on the PS3. I posted a link to the video over on PSN forums and someone advised me to forward it to you because they thought it was brilliant and that it should be shared with the network. Its a music video we made to the late MJ’s smooth criminal, its had a great response from everyone who has seen it so im hoping you should enjoy it too and being social media manager i figured it would be right up your street. If possible please give us some feedback but either way thank you for your time and i hope you enjoy :D
Here is the link:

+ progdemon0085 on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:40 am said:

Tales of Vesperia PS3! Thanks for the info man.

I know about 20 people off the top of my head in California here who would crawl through 2 miles of raw sewage too get Vesperia for their PS3s.

As everyone else is stating any new info on this game being ported to PS3 is welcome and appreciated, thanks!

PAGE 1 2