PS4-The Order

New MAG Developer Diary — PMCs

Jill Webber's Avatar + Posted by Jill Webber on Jun 30, 2009 // PR Manager

We’re back with another behind-the-scenes for MAG! This week, in the third “MAG Mondays” dev diary installment, Zipper Interactive gives us an in-depth look at each of the three PMCs in the game: Raven, S.V.E.R., and Valor.

Do you associate with the high-tech, polished Raven, or are you drawn in by the traditional military style of Valor? Or perhaps you’re into the edgy, aggressive S.V.E.R.? I’ve chosen my allegiance; which private army will you join?

MAG Raven new MAG Valor newMag SVER new

111 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ lebron_accel on June 30th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

Those r sick designs….i wonder i we’ll get a charcter customization in the final game?

+ MeltTech on June 30th, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

Can’t wait for MAG.

Also, when will US see PSN integration online like EU is getting? You know, the awesome portable ids with trophy integration?

+ Ftwrthtx on June 30th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

MAG is definitely shaping up to be a smash hit on the PS3. Thanks for the inside look.

+ LokeSTL on June 30th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

Ummm……”MAG Mondays” on a Tuesday…..starting out the week behind, are we?

+ BlindsideDork on June 30th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

Why are those images “private” that you posted? I wanted to click to get a better look :(

+ TakiFuGu on June 30th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

If PSN becomes a unified network. This game is going to be very cool.

+ Gump_ on June 30th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Valor FTW! or maybe S.V.E.R…

+ MurderousRabbits on June 30th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

Raven FTW!

+ Vengeful-Chaos on June 30th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

I love mag Mondays on Tuesdays!!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on June 30th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

WELL..LET ME START WITH SAYING THAT ZIPPER MESSUP UP COMPLETELY BY MAKING THIS GAME..FPS ONLY..HOW STUPID COULD THEY BE..AND ALL THAT 256 PLAYER JUNK..IM NOT IMPRESSED… IM SURE THE GAMEPLAY IS GONNA GET FRUSTRATING WHEN NOBODY FOLLOWS ORDERS.ZIPPER MUST BE ON CRACK OR SUMTHING..FIRST THEY GIVE AWAY THE BEST SHOPOTING GAME EVER MADE ON THE PS3 TO SOME HORRIBLE GAME COMPANY..-SLANT6 IN CASE U DIDNT KNOW-..AND NOW THEY MAKE A FPS GAME ..AS IF PS3 DOESNT HAVE ENUFF ..MAN..I THOUGHT MY WAR GAMING WAS GONNA GET BETTER ON THE PS3..BUT..ITS JUST SLIPPING AWAY..THANK GOD FOR ALL THE OTHER GREAT XCLUSIVES SONY HAS..UNCHARTED,GOW3,INFAMOUS,MGS4,LBP..YEAH THEY AL GREAT..NEVER A DULL MOMENT WITH THOSE GAMES.:P ZIPPER..THANX FOR RUINING IT FOR US SOCOM AND 3PS FANS!!

+ BlindsideDork on June 30th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

So much caps lock…

PS: thanks for unlocking images!

+ EddyxMob on June 30th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

Valor For Me
Hehe
and WOW you really showed hate there NYCFREEWILL82

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on June 30th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

ZIPPER SUCKS!THEY RUINED THIS GAME AND SOCOM! -FPS ONLY..AND HANDING SOCOM TO SLANT6..REALLY DUMB MOVES LATELY..IM SO DISSAPOIINTED!AND M SURE EVERY OTHER SOCOM AND 3PS FAN IS TOO!

+ EddyxMob on June 30th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

Valor For Me!
Looks Awesome
And WOW you really Showed hate there NYCFREEWILL82

+ xTKxMZDawg123 on June 30th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

Hmm, shut up, WiLL82.

+ EddyxMob on June 30th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

Opps I double posted it wasn’t showing the first time

+ PHI_aXiom on June 30th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

BAMF For the win go S.V.E.R

+ Gump_ on June 30th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

@10

TPS is for nubs, now go away.

+ KazeEternal on June 30th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

PS2 Emulator anyone?

Anyway looking forward to this game, thank you for doing these dev diary’s they really took me from “not interested” too “I have to at least give this a try”.

+ TakiFuGu on June 30th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

If this was a TPS, I would’ve been sold. I’m not a FPS fan. I wonder if Sony is trying to draw in the xbox 360 fans with all these PS3 FPS’ exclusives. OMG, imagine if this was like a Gears of War 2 third person shooter. That would’ve rock so hard.

+ BlooodyCow on June 30th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

can we get some MAG avatars on the PSN please?

+ TakiFuGu on June 30th, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

@ 18

Whatever man! That’s your opinion. I’m a big fan of TPS. I’d pick TPS any day over any FPS.

+ TakiFuGu on June 30th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

@20

Dude, don’t even bother asking about Avatars. It’s been 2 years now and we still cant use our PS Eye camera to take a picture in replacement of the Avatars.

+ bob52 on June 30th, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

Ps3 may play ps2 games using emulation(update 3.0 anyone)
check out this article from ign

+ BlooodyCow on June 30th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

@22 TakiFuGu
I know dude. But it does not help asking or trying to get a response from them. I guess everyone at Sony forgot that the avatar section need to up date once in a while. I am sick of seen 7+ people on my buddy list with the same avatar.

+ BlooodyCow on June 30th, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

Oh is anyone getting this “8002A402″ error when trying to sign into the PSN? I start getting this new error message after the maintenance today. And yes, there was a maintenance going on about an hour ago.

+ MP5-PRO333 on June 30th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

I cant sign in either, i even updated my system

+ Jim777 on June 30th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

The network is down at the moment cheak here for when it comes back up:

And i look forward to this game, i dont know who i will chose lol

+ station3fever on June 30th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Looks good but i’ll wait for reviews, i’ll give it about 9 months to see what happens. Hell if my buddy buys it i’ll just test his :)
Seriously, the game does look good. Heck it’s been over to years since i first got a wiff of this.

+ Hellblazer on June 30th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

please add v-sync

+ IrishPete333 on June 30th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

FreeWilli82, why don’t you go and cry on another blog.

Anyway, this game looks very promising. Keep up the good work!

+ XgargunoX on June 30th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

GO RAVEN!!!! I want a beta code for this game that’d be awesome

+ zombie9 on June 30th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

Bring BETA to USA. Or is it going to be Europe only like Killzone? or I will be forced to rent before I buy. :)

+ cowboyd21 on June 30th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

Do anyone know when this game coming out? Am not a real big FPS fan but i will buy this game i just wish it was TPS , on a side note / six was to give us information on the new DLC pack . They said the end of this month , lol i just hope we get it by the middle or end of july because if they wait untill august then it’s all over for this game.

+ cowboyd21 on June 30th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

lol TPS i ment FPS

+ RoyBoys on June 30th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

I would like my Uncharted 2 shwag bag that I won please. It hasn’t come yet and I want an answer as to what happened

+ ADR143 on June 30th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

man S.V.E.R. looks sick! i think im going to pick them

+ makingdamage on June 30th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

Where´s the driveable tanks and the copters? Please don´t tell me MAG won´t have them! It wouldn´t be a real war without them.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on June 30th, 2009 at 11:52 am said:

I’ll probably buy this game simply because I’ve lost faith that Socom will be fixed.MAG looks OKAY AT BEST. Stickin with the dark colours, smooth… How about some Socom News on the blog, how about a q&a with /6? how about some real support from you guys for a change.

ZIPPER WHY’D YOU DESERT US!

+ Enforcer_X on June 30th, 2009 at 11:55 am said:

Graphics looks EVEN beter than the last time I saw them.
EPIC!
Can’t wait!
RAVEN FOR LIFE!

+ jcakcajca on June 30th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

Wow this game looks sick.
Also ps3 slim coming sooner than expexted, check it out at “www.joystiq.com”

+ Enigma777 on June 30th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

So can you change factions at any time or are you stick with the one you picked first? if you can change, do you start at level one or do you carry over your experience?

Also what happens t the Shadow War if once PMC is much more popular than the other two?

+ PoloM29 on June 30th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

They made such an improvement, this is a definite for me.

MAG looks like tons of fun with everyone working together.

+ enshk79 on June 30th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

Zipper,

You have an absolute smash hit on your hands, keep up the great work. You made good decisions in making it FPS and having massive 256 player battles. Ignore the butthurt trolls.

+ starBlinky01 on June 30th, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

saw this on gametrailers. Cant wait for the next one.

I am buying this day 1 man, you guys are rockin!! I really really want to parachute in, ever since MOH: Airborn’s failed attempt at parachutes, I always wanted to try it in a REAL game. :)

I think this is one of those games that is hard to capture what its like to play it with video.. you just have to play it to know.

+ alaM0000 on June 30th, 2009 at 12:18 pm said:

MAG is going be SICK!!!

+ alaM0000 on June 30th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

MAG is going be sick

+ Zezzler on June 30th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

@LokeSTL
Isn’t it just great?
well actually, ‘MAG Mondays’ is a Dev diary posted on GameTrailers (or something) on Mondays, and then it gets posted on here Tuesdays.

I just think its terrific, but i guess its personal preference.

+ sNsKid on June 30th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

MAG has finally garnered my attention. I can’t wait to see who the top player will be.

+ zero914 on June 30th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

this is so cool. but it think i saw only 1 dying animation in the whole video. O.o

and a question, what would happen if theres a pmc inbalance? such as if theres more people on one pmc than the others combined?

PAGE 1 2 3