Paragon

Jun 30

Jun 30

UNCHARTED 2 Live Chat with Naughty Dog

Chris Morell's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

Like UNCHARTED

There couldn’t be a better time to talk Uncharted 2: Among Thieves than now. Following a triumphant E3, Naughty Dog Creative Director Amy Hennig and Co-President Evan Wells will be fielding your questions in today’s live chat. So get your questions ready, because we’re firing it up at 2PM sharp!

UPDATE: And that’s a wrap! Thanks to everyone for all the great questions, and of course to Amy and Evan from Naughty Dog for taking the time to talk with us. Remember you can view the entire chat by hitting the ‘Replay’ button below. See you next time!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

firstworldman said:

June 30th, 5:27 pm

Awesome interview. Thank you Naughty Dog, PS.blog, and Amy & Evan!

I cannot wait for this game. This is the one definite buy for me in 2009. Well, this and Holy Badman!

Aggilus said:

June 30th, 7:07 pm

awesome interview guys. I definetively will look forward for this game

jper007 said:

June 30th, 7:44 pm

I am willing to see a graphical decline for local multiplayer, also a delay in release, please make it happen. DLC maybe?

Other than that the game looks great.

ADR143 said:

June 30th, 7:54 pm

nice

Jeigh said:

June 30th, 10:49 pm

Well, I tried to point this out from the start- the amount of new information we’d be able to get out of Naughty Dog at this point and on this title would be miniscule at best. They probably aren’t talking about DLC, Collector’s Edition is probably still being discussed, and anything that would hint at flaws is going to be covered up/glossed over until/unless it becomes a show-off point.

And any other questions are likely to be pathetically obvious. “Will there be single-player co-op?”, really? You know, they say there are no stupid questions, but you’ve GOT to be stupid if you’re honestly expecting a ‘yes’ there. I get the feeling that question was made simply to point out that it doesn’t have it. If there were going to be, they would have been SCREAMING it from the E3 stage, if not long before when the initial details were being released. In an interview, this would be, without a doubt, one of those things that they’d gloss over by distracting them with pretty graphics. Lament it, live with it, move on.

acerazer1 said:

June 30th, 11:22 pm

This was a great chat, thanks Chris.

SLEDGE_ said:

June 30th, 11:42 pm

Day 1 buy for me :)
Bought Uncharted 1 the day they released trophies for it.
And it was my first game that supported tropihes, and I didnt stop collecting them until I had them all :) (They were SO addicting :D )

Now, I would really like to know, if there was something extra at the pile of awesomeness for the player’s of the previous installment would be awarded with, say Platinum players get.. A spesial character in Multiplayer? ;)

Enigma777 said:

June 30th, 11:46 pm

Honestly these Q&A’s are a joke…. I thought it was a good idea at first, but with such ridiculously stupid questions, its just a waste of time.

Chirs, if you don’t want to ask the devs some harder questions, don’t hold this at all. Instead of getting everyone’s hopes up we learn absolutely nothing except that the .45 wont be in MP (lol).

Basically, what I’m saying is that Chris needs to either:
1. Pick better questions
2. Have Jeff do it
3. Abandon the entire idea
Because right now, these chats are completely pointless and useless for any type of good info on the games!!!

Thrill_Kill said:

July 1st, 12:11 am

I just wish the Socom: Confrontation team would use your online code or Insomniacs online code.

Would you guys kindly call the Socom team up and tell them that they can use your online code for their game. They obviously still have no idea that they can be helped out by other 1st party developers within Sony.

Pretty please with sugar on top!! :D

Uncharted 2 online beta rocked! Naughty Dog and Insomniac are the top dogs this generation!

Cloud_911 said:

July 1st, 12:29 am

hey jeff, iv got a question… i want to clean my ps3 from dust (inside), my fan comes on about 10 minutes after start up and i feel that the dust might be causing it a bit… i wanted to ask u the best way to clean it cuz i dont really trust anyone on youtube to tell me how to do this to my important investment lol, i would rather it be someone who works for sony, thanks man hope u can help

Enigma777 said:

July 1st, 1:07 am

@160: Use a low-powered vacuum… That is straight out of the PS3 manual.

kwxl said:

July 1st, 1:19 am

That was fun to watch. looking forward to the game. :)

…and now for something completely different.
is there a way to get a pic of my PS Home avtar to my computer? a screenshot or what not..

enormhi said:

July 1st, 2:10 am

To bad I was to sick to come overhere. (I was puking…) Still sick though. Sick for 2,5 days now.

Enforcer_X said:

July 1st, 5:18 am

Good interview!
Glad to see some of the more technical questions.

Amedio1897 said:

July 1st, 5:51 am

Thanks to all the gamers who participated by their useful questions.

Thanks to Amy and Evan.

And thanks to Chris Morell.

KyoolBlu said:

July 1st, 6:47 am

This is probably not the right place to post this, but this is the most recent thread:

The contact form (http://blog.us.playstation.com/contact-us/) is not working–the validation image does not load so there is no way to contact support.

TwinDad said:

July 1st, 8:10 am

Much better chat this time. Less ego stroking then the last few chats. Much better question got through this time too. Chris excellent job. You will always have people upset because their extra special question didn’t get through. But I thought the questions were good. I don’t troll the nets looking for UC2 information and most of it was interesting to read.

I didn’t know they posted their source code for other developers. That’s awesome.

LukaX23 said:

July 1st, 9:04 am

great convo ;D

spunnups said:

July 1st, 10:05 am

Im calling it right now, Game of the Year is this game after reading that interview

BalramRules said:

July 1st, 11:18 am

Thanks for the vid!
Thank you very much!

jonnyboa said:

July 1st, 12:09 pm

iHavent seen naughty dog since Crash Bandicoot!
badass game too!

RyanMcBainDOTcom said:

July 1st, 11:45 pm

@151

How long have you been on Naughty Dog’s payroll? This was the worst interview ever. And they people that ask these stupid questions are the reason why we never get the type of games we want. IDIOTS!!!!

azsugar15 said:

July 2nd, 5:36 am

your explosions are going to be like just cause 2?

azsugar15 said:

July 2nd, 5:37 am

the story wiil be better than uncharted 1 with more action?

azsugar15 said:

July 2nd, 5:38 am

yor story will be better than uncharted?

azsugar15 said:

July 2nd, 5:39 am

uncharted 2 is going to have more realistic enviroments,animations,new gameplay and more action?

azsugar15 said:

July 2nd, 5:42 am

uncharted 2 is going to have better graphics and explosions than just cause 2?

azsugar15 said:

July 2nd, 5:44 am

I ask you because i want uncharted 2 to be the best game for 2009 and 2010!

azsugar15 said:

July 2nd, 6:38 am

The label for the weapons,it will be different or the same with uncharted drakes fortune?

PAGE 1 2 3 4