Minecraft PS4

Capcom Classics Coming to PSN Starting Tomorrow

Ryan McDougall's Avatar + Posted by Ryan McDougall on Jul 01, 2009 // Marketing Coordinator, Capcom

Capcom Classics - Logo

Hey PlayStation fans, I’m Ryan, Capcom’s newest Bearer of Good News. Today, I’m here to bring you word of our upcoming PlayStation classics, a library of classic games being brought to you on the PlayStation Network. We’ve sorted through our archives and hand-selected the games that rocked the industry. All of these upcoming classics will be released over the PSN, and will be playable on your PSP.

Coming up first is Capcom Classics Collection: Remixed, available tomorrow. The game is a collection of arcade classics from gaming’s glorious past. Pay homage to the best of the arcades, like Final Fight, Bionic Commando, Street Fighter, and Magic Sword. Prove your old-school dominance with twenty full arcade titles. Check out the full list of included games here.

Later this summer, look forward to Fate/Unlimited Codes. Capcom’s fighting game masters have brought one of Japan’s most popular animes exclusively to the PSN, ready for the new PSPgo. High-flying combos and fast-paced versus action show off the game’s gorgeous 3D graphics, and it’s a fighting-game experience you can’t get anywhere else.

Next, keep your eyes out for more gems from Capcom, being brought directly to the PSN. Check out the full list below, including PSone and UMD Legacy titles, and come back often for more info on individual release timing.

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ Cxplorer_Qc_Can on July 1st, 2009 at 7:24 pm said:

Nice!

+ CloudStorm87 on July 1st, 2009 at 7:28 pm said:

It’s nice to see Capcom showing Playstation some love. I was one of the people who protested about BCR not having trophies by refusing to buy the game even at a cheap price. But I will buy the game at full price when trophies get added and hopefully the same situation will not be repeated in the future.

Also, very pleased that more PS1 classics are on their way to PSN. Hopefully the success of these titles will continue to encourage publishers across the world to release more classic titles on PSN.

As for PSPgo, I’d love to see developers start working on short, original and fun games for the system that are actually fun to play on the ‘go’, but may have avoided from doing so previously with the retail only model. PSN is proof that both unique, refreshing games as well classic/legacy titles have a place side-by-side.

+ triple_lei on July 1st, 2009 at 7:28 pm said:

Just fixing TreyTable’s post:

CCCR is available new on UMD for $19.99. No case [to lose], no UMD [to scratch or get lost or stolen], no instruction manual [except in the XMB], saves me time? Thanks Capcom! Will you under-charge me for more games in the future?

+ thevampirejake on July 1st, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

sweet!! i’ve been waiting for some zombie goodness to complete my collection!! definately jumpin on this one…thnx for resident evil dc, and soon 2,and 3…keep up the support capcom your doin great!

+ triple_lei on July 1st, 2009 at 7:34 pm said:

Angelcurio… that is a TERRIBLE idea. Not only is the cost of porting games surprisingly high (time and money), the games aren’t exactly new and everyone who REALLY wants them will get them on the PSP.

Or do you want consumers to have even LESS of a reason to get a PSP? I’m sure Sony will be thrilled with that idea.

+ Dutch_Rootsman on July 1st, 2009 at 8:09 pm said:

Please tell me these titles will be released on the Australian Playstation store!! I am a Capcom fanboy and am desperately wanting to download CCCR and Mega Man Powered Up for my PSP. PLEASE BRING THESE GAMES TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!

+ syk1288 on July 1st, 2009 at 8:11 pm said:

Breath of Fire III and IV pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

+ syk1288 on July 1st, 2009 at 8:12 pm said:

I still have my physical copy and still would buy the digital version.

Ryan McDougall's Avatar

+ Ryan McDougall on July 1st, 2009 at 8:17 pm said:

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the replies and Capcom love.

I’d like to recap some questions:
We’re definitely listening to you abou the Mega Man Legends and Breath of Fire games, those are favorites here too. Remember that anything is possible, and check back for more info at a later date.
CCCR and the rest of the PSP games are only playable on the PSP.
CCCR will be $19.99, downloadable from PSN.
The BCR Patch is in testing and will be out soon.

Keep asking questions and I’ll do my best to get you answers.

+ MegaClank on July 1st, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

Dino. Crisis.

+ Futbolfan on July 1st, 2009 at 8:30 pm said:

Great announcement. I will pay money for RE 3: Nemesis. I can’t find that game anywhere!

+ Infinity_ on July 1st, 2009 at 8:55 pm said:

We want Power Stone playable on PS3, not PSP! I want Power Stone with online multiplayer and trophies! Even if it is just the old games for Dreamcast!

+ JinZX1 on July 1st, 2009 at 9:00 pm said:

Infinity_ is dead on. I have Power Stone Collection for the PSP because of it’s sheer awesomeness. I know you folks have your hands full over there, but can we expect a Power Stone remake for next-gen consoles? Also, what are the odds of seeing more Mega Man releases on the PSN? I myself didn’t really fall in love with the Rockman until Mega Man 8 Anniversary Edition.

+ righello on July 1st, 2009 at 9:07 pm said:

Thanks! (Definitely getting a few of those right away!)

Two questions: Couldn’t you have released the majority of them right away? The wait time between things is what’s hated the most.. [especially Virtual Console on the Wii, -- Please, don't follow their example. They're the worst.]

And, why is UMD Legacy content priced so high? There’s no real appeal to paying the same price as retail when it’s DLC. (No packaging, no paper, manuals, ect.)

[The same could be said for purchasing Video content: Why is it the same price for DVD in retail?! Not encouraging at all, -- except to piracy, of course.]

As a personal opinion, you shouldn’t wait to release these things, that is, if it’s because you think you’re the only current provider of this content. iTunes is a good example; Your market-share could, one day, be easily taken up by Apple lol

+ C-Murph666 on July 1st, 2009 at 9:13 pm said:

No Mega Man Legends 2?

+ Dutch_Rootsman on July 1st, 2009 at 9:47 pm said:

Hello Ryan,

Can you please let me know whether the Capcom love is coming to Australia?

I am a huge fan of Megaman and teh Capcom Classics and would love them on my PSP.

+ Jeigh on July 1st, 2009 at 9:52 pm said:

Damn! You guys just smacked down the Thursday update! Expanded your Publisher tab quite significantly too.

My gratitude and respects to Capcom. :)

+ Sesma on July 1st, 2009 at 10:01 pm said:

RE3 Hell yeah, nice move capcom

+ NINERDUDE4u on July 1st, 2009 at 10:57 pm said:

your capcom line up is great but are any of the great shoot-em ups coming to psn? like 1942 series, u n squadon and carrer air wing? really hope so =)

+ CsMisi on July 1st, 2009 at 11:21 pm said:

Hey Ryan, nice to have you here. I just have a question: Bionic Commando Rearmed was and it is an ultra fun game. I just love it, so the question is: do you intend to do Rearmed versions of other classic games? I would enjoy a Mega Man Rearmed that is for sure or any other 2D platformer Rearmed … So any chance?

+ Chaos_Bladez on July 1st, 2009 at 11:27 pm said:

Thanks for all the good stuff Capcom. A BIG thing I would personally like would be the PS1 Megamans. I borrowed them from a friend and I loved them a couple years ago. I couldn’t finish them and if they were on PSN, that’d be great.

+ FPlus on July 2nd, 2009 at 12:03 am said:

@ RYAN!!!!!!!!

Can You Update the Original / Actual Post with the following. Because believe it or not a-lot of people are… for lack of a better word… Not that Smart… to channel through the pages to get that kind of information.

Since the PS.Blog is WP based it shouldn’t be a issue to go to “/wp-admin/edit.php”
and add that info to it.

=============
We’re definitely listening to you about the Mega Man Legends and Breath of Fire games, those are favorites here too. But Remember that anything is possible, and check back for more info at a later date.

- CCCR will be $19.99, downloadable from PSN and the rest of the PSP UMD games are only playable on the PSP and NOT the PS3.

- The Bionic Commando Rearmed Trophy Patch is in testing and will be out soon.
================

+ FPlus on July 2nd, 2009 at 12:06 am said:

@ RYAN!!!!!!!!

and add that info to it.

=============

- The Bionic Commando Rearmed Trophy Patch is in testing and will be out soon.
===============

+ Mobstylez on July 2nd, 2009 at 12:11 am said:

Great! Definitely getting RE2.

+ Hsanrb on July 2nd, 2009 at 2:47 am said:

RE2 is a buy ONLY if its Dualshock, else I’ll pass and replay with PS1 disc. Dino Crisis is debatable but other than that I’m happy with all Capcom support (except Bionic Commando Rearmed trophies, I hate trophies… but that wasn’t part of this post.)

Fate/Unlimited I’ve never heard of but at I’ll probably buy it when you release it.

+ StalkingSilence on July 2nd, 2009 at 4:33 am said:

You’re not John! haha oh well – as for the game, I think I might get the next RELOADED vs REMIXED. This is the games list for remixed and I don’t know a bunch…

• 1941: Counter Attack
• Avengers
• Bionic Commando (already have Rearmed)
• Black Tiger
• The Speed Rumbler
• Street Fighter
• Strider
• Three Wonders
• Varth

+ VagrantXeth on July 2nd, 2009 at 7:48 am said:

Not too many folks were keen on Dino Crisis, and the later iterations left something to be desired, but I loved the original and still have it on disc as a matter of fact. I will probably get it so that I can take it with me on the go, PSP rocks!!!

+ WOLF873 on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:22 am said:

@Mcdougall:
I posted this on previous page, and I’d really like to know this. Are there any plans to revive Dino Crisis series or maybe release it with updated graphics?

@226.

That’s unfortunate, it’s a terrific game, don’t know why some just choose to ignore it and not even try it when it’s just as good as RE games if not better. At least it has a story that is much better than Resident Evil’s imo. Anyways, I’m not sure if I’ll purchase this PSN release as I bought hard copies off ebay and can play them on PS3 anytime.

+ DANO69 on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:23 am said:

Why is it CAPCOM is the only developer actually supported on PSN…Really…I don’t even like many of there games aceppt for R.E…Come on Sony get more Talent in there please.

+ AlphaVirus2g on July 2nd, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

I wish more publishers would take Capcom’s lead and release what the customers want…more games. The PSN is gleaming with Capcom games and all are appreciated. Keep up the good work.

+ synchronizerman on July 2nd, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

I want Klonoa…

+ SkyNet003 on July 2nd, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

@226: Bionic Commando Rearmed is a remake of the NES game and has nothing to do with the arcade-BC included in this collection (too bad the NES game is way better than this one, tough :).

Glad to hear Capcom is somewhat willing to give us more Mega Man content; but please, not just Mega Man Legends 1 but all the other Mega Man games for the PS1 (even with the abysmal dubbing in most of them, except for Legends 1 and 2).

Give us more PS1 Mega Man, please!

I never had Legends 2; I went with X5 back then, and I don’t want to get Legends 2 thru Ebay or amazon, because I want to play it on mu PSP, please!

+ MUTTEE on July 2nd, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

If trophy support is there, I would consider going back to a retro PS1 game. Otherwise will skip it – so listen up Capcom.

+ improperlyaged on July 2nd, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

ummm whats the price looking like. are all the psone titles going to b considered “premium” because more than two people requested them. (b/s if they are)

+ MUTTEE on July 2nd, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

If trophy support exists for these PS1 retro games, then warrants a purchase if price is also $4.99.

Otherwise will skip if both conditions are not met.

+ mushroomhead75 on July 2nd, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

when are they going to add trophys to ps1 games.that would make them so much better.

+ commedieu on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:55 pm said:

Thanks for lying capcom!

+ MastahBuddah on July 3rd, 2009 at 4:38 am said:

all im lookin forward for is the ps1 classics great titles damn i havent played dino crisis or both of those resident evil games in so long…..

+ LordAbsu on July 3rd, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

Ryan!!

Do you know yet if the RE2 that’s coming up is the Dual Shock Version? I’ve got some old saves I’d love to transfer over with my PS3 so I can start up the PSP game with a heads-up. Looking forward to RE2, RE3: Nemesis, and Dino Crisis (a.k.a. I’m TOTALLY getting them, day 1. Count on it.)

Also:

WILL KILL FOR BREATH OF FIRE III AND IV.

Especially IV.

O.M.F.G. YES.

+ Band2eto on July 3rd, 2009 at 11:28 pm said:

*claps loudly* Sony just keeps on delivering [great content]. Great job! Oh… and thank you too Capcom!

*Give Jack Tretton a raise!* XD

+ MONEYSHOT4U on July 4th, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

Freakin awesome!

+ Demonhunter84 on July 5th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

@235

All PS1 games are just ports and DON’T have trophy support. Trophy support would take away from these classic games.

+ Demonhunter84 on July 5th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

I really like to see Strider 2

+ Burning_Typhoon on July 6th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

Megaman Powered Up is seriously under-rated.

+ CloudStrife2009 on July 9th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

Another good Capcom Classic that would be awesome to add to this list would be Marvel vs Capcom for PS1. That would be awesome to play on the go

+ spoonikle on July 17th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

I will buy Megaman legends 1&2, I no longer have a working PSone and I love my PSP. I have played Megaman Legends over and over for maybe 1000 hours. I love that game to death, enough to import legends 2 on my PSP, even though i cant read Japanese. But most of all i need Legends 3, If you gave Legends fans the massive interconnected ruins they want, i would buy a copy for every device i own, from pc to psp to ps3.

+ jamurailight5678 on July 18th, 2009 at 8:37 pm said:

When will street fighter alpha max 3 and megaman maverick hunter x be released i cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! capcom you guys are awesome for releasing all those games thanks capcom but please hurry and tell us some release dates.

PAGE 1 3 4 5