Far Cry 4

Qore Episode 14 – Featuring Assassin’s Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2, Lost Planet 2 and Battlefield: 1943

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Jul 01, 2009 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

As Qore begins its second year on the PlayStation Network, this episode is all about sequels. When a developer succeeds in creating an acclaimed title, the pressure is on to repeat that success. But making sequels isn’t easy. Change too much, and you risk alienating fans of the original title. Change too little, and you’ll be criticized by gamers who want something new.

With many of our favorite franchises returning soon, the Qore team caught up with the folks responsible for these highly anticipated sequels in order to bring you the most recent developments.

Renaissance Man

The action/adventure game that focused on simulated ancestral memories now shifts locales to Italy in Assassin’s Creed 2. Audrey Cleo takes a look at the new tale of power, revenge and conspiracy that lets you put Leonardo Da Vinci’s inventions to good use.

Special Ops

Acclaimed developer Infinity Ward returns to the Call of Duty franchise with a direct sequel to 2007’s Modern Warfare. So how do you make one of the most popular games of this current generation even better? Add snowmobiles, of course!

Hell, (Un)frozen Over

Ten years after the events of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, the ice and snow have finally melted—but that doesn’t make the planet any more hospitable! Capcom shows Veronica how players can team up to take down the enormous Akrid.

Sky, Land and Sea

The popular PC franchise is coming to the PlayStation Network in the form of Battlefield: 1943 – a fast-paced online shooter with multiple vehicles, 24 player combat, and environmental destruction in WWII Pacific Theatre locales.

Subscription Renewal Update

Initial subscribers from June 2008 can now take advantage of a special renewal offer. Please check your e-mail for details. You’ll need to visit the PlayStation Store and, under the Media category, find and select the special renewal ‘thumbnail’ to avoid missing an episode.

All annual subscribers and single episode purchasers will receive an exclusive Battlefield: 1943 theme this month, and don’t forget to look for a new mini-game in the Qore Arcade. Also, in celebration of Independence Day, check out your very own fireworks launcher built into the What’s Hot section where, of course, you’ll also find Audrey Cleo’s Blu-ray round up.

Look for Episode 14 tomorrow.

PAGE 1 2

+ krae_man on July 1st, 2009 at 7:45 pm said:

You said day one subscribers would be getting a email with instructions on how to renew and it would also have a special offer for renewing. Where is that email?

+ krae_man on July 1st, 2009 at 7:46 pm said:

Also Fix the PC PSN store, any item that has “Playable Demo” next to it doesn’t mention the file size.

+ phinnv8 on July 1st, 2009 at 8:21 pm said:

So where it BF1943 coming out anyway? I sure hope they f-ing fixed Voice Chat finally as its terrible in Bad Company. Of course that wouldn’t be an issue if PS3 had cross game voice chat like the competition.

p.s. veronica is hot

+ zack121 on July 1st, 2009 at 8:22 pm said:

The best episode of Qore. I will buy this just for Modern Warfare 2.

+ crunchmonkey on July 1st, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

Hopefully the Lost Planet 2 video will sort out the release date confusion. I know the PS Blog said that the 360 and PS3 versions would be released on the same date but Capcom has the PS3 version listed as TBD and they give a launch window for the 360 version.

I would rather have it on PS3 but if the 360 version releases first, I’m not waiting.

Also, did anyone get the Qore renewal e-mail? I didn’t.

+ JinZX1 on July 1st, 2009 at 8:56 pm said:

heck I would’ve taken a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or Batman Arkham Asylum demo with this, but a theme? It was THIS CLOSE to being a flawless episode. The content itself looks great, but I hope there’s something in the works for a later download or something.

+ Kenshin71 on July 1st, 2009 at 9:39 pm said:

Hello Kevin,

XBox Live will be getting a full downloadable game service in August, games like Assassin’s Creed and Bioshock. Has Sony negotiated with publishers to offer the same games through PSN or will PS3 only users have to go without? I hope the bandwidth fee publishers have to pay for PSN isn’t deterring them from working with Sony on this type of service which I imagine would be very popular. Would be appreciated if you could give a comment. Thanks.

+ footballrule on July 1st, 2009 at 9:42 pm said:

Yeah! Qore 14 is finally here! Sweet!

+ BC20FLY on July 1st, 2009 at 10:15 pm said:

Off topic but sony needs to fix their email link it doesnt show a security image code when you want to submit your email.
On topic yeah looks good

+ JesseHaysFL on July 1st, 2009 at 10:28 pm said:

I was a DAY ONE annual subscriber last year….

Where is my RE-Subscribe option?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on July 1st, 2009 at 10:42 pm said:

It\’s coming in the next couple days. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Just remember that you have to dive back into the PlayStation Store and look under the Media category to renew.

+ ShadowTalyis on July 1st, 2009 at 11:13 pm said:

Too bad us broke people dont get those deals im bummed because the first 3 episodes I bought day 1 because I couldnt afford the 25 dollars all at once but I did finally get my subscription last september hopefully I get a deal too because technically I paid more for buying the first 3 individually!

+ Razkadaz on July 1st, 2009 at 11:44 pm said:

Thanks for the responce Kevin! I love Qore and didn’t want to miss out on 2nd year. Also glad to see us loyals get something extra!

+ JesseHaysFL on July 2nd, 2009 at 12:33 am said:

Thank you Mr.Furuichi, I know some of my contempararies get a little over zealous…it’s hard not to when PlayStation is involved.

Thanks for the update and I will again be a day one subscriber….

Looking foward to another great 13 months….a little advice though, don’t have a special E3 “secret” Qore episode next year…..and if you do, do it prior to the actuall event and have the episode focus on upcoming announcements, save the “secret” stuff for after its revealed…

How awesome would it have been at E3 09 if the R* Agent reveal was the same but the only trailer you could watch was a Qore feature?….

There’s Qore marketing for you.

Anyway thanks again for the update.

+ Nath_gamer on July 2nd, 2009 at 4:08 am said:

I need worms PSN to survive untill i can afford uncharted 2!! so please get it on the australian playstation store as soon as you can please!! PS: ive been waiting.

+ Nath_gamer on July 2nd, 2009 at 4:14 am said:

Hello sony playstation blog peeps, i need worms PSN to survive untill i can afford uncharted 2 so please get it on the australian playstation store as soon as you can so i can relive good memories playing worms world party!!, PS: ive been waiting patiently for around 3 months now.

+ TailsTheCat on July 2nd, 2009 at 4:57 am said:

I want topatoi.

+ FL_Stud on July 2nd, 2009 at 6:26 am said:

So, is Battlefield 1943 dropping today?

+ GoGunner24 on July 2nd, 2009 at 7:25 am said:

Just out our curiousity, would I be left out of the special offer because I subscribed in July of last year?

+ Ssnipo on July 2nd, 2009 at 7:26 am said:

When will be available a PSN/Trophy API for fansites?

Can’t Sony see how much the community is in need to grow?

+ Thrasher20 on July 2nd, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

This is going to be some crazy stuff on Qore!

+ XgargunoX on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:02 am said:

when does fat princess come out??

+ JKar275 on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:03 am said:

I want to thank the people behind Qore for giving annual subscribers access to the Uncharted 2 MP beta. I find that access to betas is what makes my Qore subscription truly worthwhile.

I’m hoping that we’ll also get access to a MAG beta.

+ Viglin on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

Heres a simply non greedy give me free stuff request.

Can this years episodes for download be found…in oh say, the Qore Folder…instead of hunting thru 200 downloads to find the episode your after.
Seems logical to me.

+ DANO69 on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

Sorry.. I don’t waste my time with QORE. I bought one issue a long time ago and that was it for me. I think it’s useless and the time spent on it should be spent elsewhere.

+ gor1llap1mp on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:22 am said:

One of the reasons ive waited for an annual subscription is beacause many of the games offered free I already own like High Velocity Bowling.

+ SeanScythe on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:36 am said:

Can someone fix the issue with qore on the download list? I normally download the episodes from my PSP and having to scroll that list when I’m in remote play is very annoying.

The worst thing is that as time goes buy the list is going to get longer and longer and Qore is going to be futher down the list. The Newest episode should be at the top of the list when it comes out. Can someone please fix this? Other then that I love it, Day one subscriber and I’ll be signing back up today.

+ mysterblack on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:41 am said:

BATTLFIELD 1943
comes out today
hopefully
cause June’s over
i want it now!

+ mysterblack on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:41 am said:

anyone else

+ mysterblack on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:43 am said:

hey can we get a reply on BF 1943
PLEASE

+ piro_z on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:43 am said:

I can’t believe 1943 is coming out July 9nth but other than that I can’t watch the video on the mobile version =(

+ AlphaVirus2g on July 2nd, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

I look forward to this episode and plenty more after renewing.

+ solace357 on July 2nd, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

so its the next day. where is it?

+ solace357 on July 2nd, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

so its the next day… where is qore?

+ heisLaharl on July 2nd, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

I would like to subscribe to Qore, but with it July, I missed the new subscription period. Would I still get the June episode with my subscription?

+ Ravengrp on July 2nd, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

How does one get in touch with a Qore representative? I keep getting the run around? As new annual subscriber who recently I need to address an issue with a Qore representative

+ GGCAN on July 2nd, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

Kevin…just wanted to say that Qore is out, but still no emails for renewals for customers that have been with you since day 1.

I think these emails should be sent out at least one day in advance of the new issue, instead of the day of the issue.

+ VanilaGorila-x- on July 2nd, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

Just got the e-mail. The price is $19.99 to renew the Annual subscription, plus you get $5 off Uncharted 2 if you pre-order through Amazon.

Peace,
VG

+ MAspiderface2 on July 2nd, 2009 at 7:44 pm said:

No free stuff? Fail.

+ CPU1 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:46 pm said:

Thanks for the update, I can’t wait for another great year of Qore.

+ krae_man on July 3rd, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

$5 off Uncharted 2? Awesome.

Oh wait, Amazon,com. Sony decides to pretend Canada doesn’t exist AGAIN.

How hard would have it been to send the Canadian Qore sunscribers an Amazon.ca coupon Sony?

Idiots, you keep saying you dont hate Canada.

Yet, SCEA continues to not factor them in in EVERY decision they make and SCEC is NEVER right there to pick up the slack.

+ Ravengrp on July 3rd, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

Kevin: Could you please help? Purchased the Qore Annual Subscription Special for May to get access to the Uncharted 2:MP Beta, It was a deciding factor for my purchase, did so on May 9th, But NEVER got a code. Now the Beta is over and NEVER got anything. We have tried all other avenues and posting this is a last resort.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on July 7th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

Ravengrp,

I checked with the voucher folks and your email address was invalid because it bounced more than 3 times prior to your subscription purchase. It appears that you then updated the address on 6/11 after the U2 MP beta voucher delivery window. I\’d like to know what other avenues you attempted to better understand how you didn\’t get re-vouchered.

+ joejohnPSN on July 9th, 2009 at 7:46 pm said:

I just watched the feature on LP^2 and… boy am I as excited as ever!

However, I’m having a problem. I just renewed my subscription using the special offer. I thought I would be able to get access to all episodes? What month of Qore is episode 13. I have 12 and I thought I would be able to get 13. In the case that I can’t get 13, can I go back and purchase 13 individually? Anyone else having this issue?

PAGE 1 2