PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Pre-Order Goodies

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Jul 02, 2009 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

Hi all,

We know a lot of you Ratchet & Clank fans are looking forward to the return of everyone’s favorite intergalactic duo this fall in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. As we gear up for launch, we wanted to fill you in on some pre-order programs for the game which kick off today! Here are some of the cool R&C goodies you’ll get when you pre-order Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time:

Discovery Package – Explore the Insomniac Moon, a special level that resembles the layout of the Insomniac Games’ offices! Scattered through this museum-like level, you will discover a moon’s worth of extra content that didn’t quite make it into the game.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Discovery Package

Power Package –The Power package includes an exclusive weapon skin for one of Ratchet’s weapons. You will also start the game with extra hit points, and Ratchet’s brand new Cryo Mine Glove, a weapon that freezes enemies! (This pre-order program goes into effect over the next few weeks.)

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Power Package

Bolt Package – The thrifty gamer will find lots to love in this exclusive Bolt Package! Start the game with two of Ratchet’s most bolt-centric power-ups — the Bolt Magnetizer and Box Basher, and you will discover your galactic bank account has already loaded with 5,000 bolts when you start the game.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Bolt Package

Space Package – The Space Package offers an exclusive hotrod skin for Ratchet’s ship, the Aphelion. You also will start with 5,000 bolts as well as an exclusive Ratchet & Clank PlayStation Home Avatar Skin!

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Space Package

You can find these pre-order programs at retailers like Amazon.com, Best Buy, Game Crazy, GameStop and/or other participating retailers.

That’s it for now, but there’s plenty of Ratchet & Clank goodness coming your way the next few months. Next up for the Insomniac crew is Comic-Con, so stay tuned for a whole slew of new info and gameplay later this month!

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ NiteStrikerZero on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Sweet, I’m definitely preordering this :)

Btw, is multiplayer ever gonna make a return in the franchise ;(

+ jazzyrider on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Wow – I can’t wait! I just finished R&C Tools of Destruction!

+ DonnyG on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Can’t wait!

+ Darkos87 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

\bolt package rrrr

+ GraffitiSkies on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

this is way to confusing… are they all available at each store or is it one package per store sort of thing

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

It\’s one package per store. You can check with your local retailer to see what they have to offer =)

+ StrykerIsland on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

I HATE these programs. Order from one, miss out on the others. Lame.

+ Reverend_M on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

NOOOO! Not at separate retailers! Please, I want all those things, but will only be able to settle for One? :( I am so sad about this!

Very glad though about having Pre-order Exclusives!

+ StrykerIsland on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Why does it say there are 8 comments, but I can only see the first one?

+ CruzaderXL on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Wait to get all the goodies, we would have to pre-order at multiple locations!!! NNOOO!!!

+ cleversignin on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

I thought the next chapter was another PSN download…

+ MS3Boy on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

Please stop breaking up the pre-order goodies for different retailers. I’m sure you’ll just sell us the goodies we didn’t get later, just like Little Big Planet.

Oh well, at least there’s not a pre-order only demo this time.

+ ROYALWCHZ on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

Im going to Preorder this so i can sell the Playstation Home Avatar for a Trillion Dollars on Ebay

+ remanutd5 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

all i want is ratchet and clank action figures , are you guys coming out with a collector’s edition ???

+ BlooodyCow on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

I hope BestBuy gets the Discovery Pack :)

+ V_Ben on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

any news on eu preorder goodies?

+ Quixote on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

what happened to the good old days when things like this were unlockable in the game for completing things?

Preordering exclusives, especially those that offer different bonuses from different vendors really leave some players out in the cold…

+ Twoje on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

Ugh. I hate stuff like this. Seriously, if you’re going to do a preorder bonus deal, don’t let it affect IN-GAME stuff. Hand out stuffed animals or action figures or artwork or something. Stuff like this is just ridiculous, and I lose a lot of respect for the developers that do this.

+ DARK_JAK_911 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

Why can’t we just pre-order at one store and get them all? The whole pre-order exclusives are getting ridiculous.

+ DeathSoldier11 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

I was going to preorder when I thought all of those would be included, but only 1 from each retailer…. I guess I’m not getting it now.

+ YoshiWanKanobi on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

What if you want them all? :p

+ remanutd5 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

i agreed with 16,17 and 18

+ Xoonaka on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

I hate exclusive pre-order deals… they’re so annoying. Never do this again, please.

A, I hate Game Stop, so I hate any reason to shop there.

B, I’ll likely end up trying to preorder at all locations and cancelling at all but one of them, which is also annoying.

C, to some places like Amazon, a “pre-order” is $60… that’s a lot when I have to pre-order at multiple places.

Seriously, next time, do a single pre-order plan.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Are they at retailers now or will they be soon?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Except for the Power Package (coming in the next few weeks), they\’re at retailers now!

+ Paperboy48 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

I just jizzed myself

+ MarkNMo on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

Yeah, I don’t like this kind of marketting either. The only ones whom seem to benefit are the retailers that get the best package – the other retailers all suffer cause they don’t have Store A’s awesome deal, and the fans get screwed cause they have to pick and choose when they really just want all of them (and it’s not like trading cards where it’s easy and cheap to collect them all). I love your games, Insomniac, but this is really, really lame.

+ nuness1988 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

you
SUCK

+ onlineatron on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

This is pathetic.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for getting extra stuff for doing nothing other then buying the game I would anyway.

But to divde people up like this is absoloutly horrible and I would have expected more from such a great developer!

What if we want to get all the really cool extras? THAT SHOULD BE IN THE GAME ANYWAY!!!

+ InFaMoUs1- on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Seriously why the [DELETED] are you trying to piss of loyal fans of the game with this [DELETED] pre order crap. I’ve been playing R&C for over 5 years since the 1st game and this is the biggest piece of [DELETED] I have ever seen when pre-ordering a game.

What happened to just beating the game and collecting items in game to unlock bonuses and extras. Damn I so mad right now, knowing that I’m missing a part of the game right off the back because I didn’t pre order from one retailer over another. I’m so of this crap devs trying to take advantage of loyal fans with pre order nonsense.

+ InFaMoUs1- on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Seriously why the heck are you trying to piss of loyal fans of the game with this BS pre order crap. I’ve been playing R&C for over 5 years since the 1st game and this is the biggest piece of BS I have ever seen when pre-ordering a game.

What happened to just beating the game and collecting items in game to unlock bonuses and extras. I so mad right now, knowing that I’m missing a part of the game right off the back because I didn’t pre order from one retailer over another. I’m so of this crap devs trying to take advantage of loyal fans with pre order nonsense.

+ BlooodyCow on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

I also agree with 16, 17, and 18. I have the highest respect for you guys (IG), but please do not do this again. Next time, do not include in-game pre-order bonuses that affect the game itself. Offer artwork or action figures or posters, but do not offer items that will affect the way we play the game.

+ InFaMoUs1- on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

+ Destiny89 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Cant wait for the game but i would love to have them all :P

+ onlineatron on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

The response isn’t good here insomniac… and anyone on here is a die hard PS3 fan. So I would seriosuly consider changing things.

+ SyphonFilter- on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

Discovery package is the best, wonder what store has that.

+ InFaMoUs1- on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

What happened to just beating the game and collecting items in game to unlock bonuses and extras. I so mad right now, knowing that I’m missing a part of the game right off the back because I didn’t pre order from one retailer over another. I’m so of this sick of devs trying to take advantage of loyal fans with pre order nonsense. Not cool Insomniac.

+ InFaMoUs1- on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

Not cool.

+ DARK_JAK_911 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

I love how the person who posted this is totally ignoring all of the negative comments. Listen to the fans Insomniac, don’t be like all the other developers that are doing things like this. You’re better than that.

+ CondorMcG on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

LAME!

For one, what happened to making these things unlockable in game? And since the only bad thing about Tools was the difficulty why would you make it easier? The Insomniac Museum better be in the game anyway, all gold bolts?

And finally what if we’re in the EU? How do we get all this cool stuff?

+ remanutd5 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

at onlineatron , we all want all the cool extras !!!! but with this pre order stuff the only thing they are doing is dividing the community

+ remanutd5 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

+ Enforcer_X on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

I want ALL the goodies!
Damn I don’t want to preorder it 4 or more times …

+ stlthriot on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

Ugh… this is getting annoying… having to pick what package you want from certain retailers.

All 4 would be nice but if I had to choose I would want the Discovery Package from Best Buy… I’m guessing that one will be at Gamestop though. Oh well…

I’m sure all of it will make it on the PSN Store eventually.

Oh, and regarding the Discovery one… how could these things “not make it” in the full game. Really? Really?

Oh internet and DLC… what happened to the good old days of the console and games having all the good stuff on every package?

+ ngates0226 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

It sucks that you can only get one, but I guess I’ll just get the Discovery Package. Definitely the best one.

+ FE_RR on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

hate pre-oreder, like i hate “instant DLC”…we pay $60 for a incomplete game, and with the preorders it’s almost the same, it’s unfair, high priced…at least from my point of view

+ DeathSoldier11 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

The Discovery package is exclusive to Gamestop… ugh….

+ TheBlah11 on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

ok so the museum which was usually a secret ingame is from gamestop even thouigh it should still just be a secret, the bolt package is from amazon even though u usually can just unlock those things in game(which i am now unsure of and am very angry) but best buy & game crazy has nothing on their website. and even so does everyone remember r&cgc & r&cuya(going comando and up your arsenal) where you could customize your ship on your own? thats something that souldnt have to be a pre ordered thing. a pre order should be something like a blueray copy of all the originals compiled into a collection. not ingame *bleep* that you would be able to get ingame. This is littlebigplanet all ovewr again with all this stuff. Heres a question- will these be on a voucher code or will they be allready on the game disk? and will these eeventually be made into DLC? if not then i ask u, What Happened to you guys? you used to be the best game company and now u guys are *bleep*

+ onlineatron on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

You could at least tell us what retailers have what….

+ iExile on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Aw, no Home related stuff?

+ Chimpanzee on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

I assume this is just for the US? Anything for us Europeans?

+ BlooodyCow on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

You guys did such a great job with the Resistance 2 pre-orders bonuses because they did not affect the way we played or experience the game. Why couldn’t you guys do the same with Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time?

PAGE 1 2 3 6