PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Pre-Order Goodies

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Jul 02, 2009 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

Hi all,

We know a lot of you Ratchet & Clank fans are looking forward to the return of everyone’s favorite intergalactic duo this fall in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. As we gear up for launch, we wanted to fill you in on some pre-order programs for the game which kick off today! Here are some of the cool R&C goodies you’ll get when you pre-order Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time:

Discovery Package – Explore the Insomniac Moon, a special level that resembles the layout of the Insomniac Games’ offices! Scattered through this museum-like level, you will discover a moon’s worth of extra content that didn’t quite make it into the game.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Discovery Package

Power Package –The Power package includes an exclusive weapon skin for one of Ratchet’s weapons. You will also start the game with extra hit points, and Ratchet’s brand new Cryo Mine Glove, a weapon that freezes enemies! (This pre-order program goes into effect over the next few weeks.)

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Power Package

Bolt Package – The thrifty gamer will find lots to love in this exclusive Bolt Package! Start the game with two of Ratchet’s most bolt-centric power-ups — the Bolt Magnetizer and Box Basher, and you will discover your galactic bank account has already loaded with 5,000 bolts when you start the game.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Bolt Package

Space Package – The Space Package offers an exclusive hotrod skin for Ratchet’s ship, the Aphelion. You also will start with 5,000 bolts as well as an exclusive Ratchet & Clank PlayStation Home Avatar Skin!

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - Space Package

You can find these pre-order programs at retailers like Amazon.com, Best Buy, Game Crazy, GameStop and/or other participating retailers.

That’s it for now, but there’s plenty of Ratchet & Clank goodness coming your way the next few months. Next up for the Insomniac crew is Comic-Con, so stay tuned for a whole slew of new info and gameplay later this month!

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ ne_plus_ultra on July 2nd, 2009 at 5:09 pm said:

I can’t believe almost every comment is attack on Insomniac. Who cares about these bonuses. The actual game should be what you guys care about. It’s like James has been saying, all they do is give you a little extra from the beginning, and most likely we all will see this content eventually. And nobody’s forcing anyone to purchase this game anywhere. Not Insomniac, not anyone. Purchase it where you want enjoy the little extra. I thinks everyone needs lay off Insomniac.

+ Alexsutton on July 2nd, 2009 at 5:15 pm said:

I think the majority of the responses here are a touch too much for what’s happening, although I’ll be the first to admit I shared the same thoughts when I first read the article.

Everything’s been cleared up now, although the way the initial article was writted it did leave it pretty vague as to whether anyone who didn’t, or couldn’t, pre-order would get to access some of the bonuses such as the Insomniac Moon (awww yeaah, by the way!).

Really looking forward to this game, Insomniac are without a doubt my favourite developers, you guys have done an amazing job at everything you’ve tried!

+ smothix on July 2nd, 2009 at 5:21 pm said:

Hey Guys!!!! well i love the work that you do with these games, but with the reply that you give here about what actually happens when we have a savefile of RCF:TOD, i have a little question to ask, because if we get classic weapons with Tools of Destruction, what happen if we have a Quest of Booty savefile in our PS3, please answer this question even if the answer is NOTHING

+ Ennikguy on July 2nd, 2009 at 5:21 pm said:

will any of this stuff be avalible as dlc later because it’s not like I can preorder 4 different copies

+ smothix on July 2nd, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

Hey Guys!!!! well i love the work that you do with these games, but with the reply that you give here about what actually happens when we have a savefile of RCF:TOD, i have a little question to ask, because if we get classic weapons with Tools of Destruction, what happen if we have a Quest of Booty savefile in our PS3 or even what happens if we have both savefiles on our ps3, please answer this question even if the answer is NOTHING, thanks 4 all and please do something to get these preorders (the museum at least) here in Mexico

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

We\’ll let you know about the save file stuff later =)

+ TheSorrow_101 on July 2nd, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

Great Europe are going to miss out like usual.
Just like with Resistance 2.

+ TheSorrow_101 on July 2nd, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

At Chimpanzee (Message 49).
Don’t be silly, game companies don’t care about Europe.

+ kingfox on July 2nd, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

yeah woooo more hate for the UK what a bloody surprize just like last time with R2 and we get shafted onec again and will next time as well its very sucky

not cool not cool at all

+ EmperorKorea on July 2nd, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

~~~~~~COLLECTOR’S EDITION WITH EXCLUSIVE BOXART, ART BOOK, BEHIND THE SCENES BLU-RAY, AND 1/5 SCALE OMNIWRENCH.~~~~~~~~~

DAY 1

+ EmperorKorea on July 2nd, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

Collector’s edition

DO IT

+ MadmanEU on July 2nd, 2009 at 6:46 pm said:

My ONLY concern is that the Insomniac museum be accessible by ALL, not just pre-orders. I’m fine with having to do actual work to unlock it, thats what the Museum is all about…but if this thing is ONLY accessible by pre-orders, I will be writing Insomniac off my list of supported publishers, much like Capcom and Valve.

+ SharpShark28 on July 2nd, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

Yes! This is fantastic news, I’m totally hyped for this game which I actually pre-ordered last month haha! I also discovered this page for stumbleupon.

If you liked this post, thumb up it on stumbleupon so everyone knows about this special preorder deal!

+ HOLLOW_Snake on July 2nd, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

No! YES! Wait, AGH! This is soo cool, but so lame! I already know what pre-order pack i want (Discovery!), but what if its not in the right store?! I can’t buy online and the only game store around where i live is GameStop! So basically if the Discovery pre-order isn’t at Gamestop i’m screwed outta the pre-order i wanted? Thats a major downer….

+ lahs2012 on July 2nd, 2009 at 7:28 pm said:

Sounds great but I never get the pre-order goodies because I order my stuff online and never get the codes among other things

+ Ztnepres on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:03 pm said:

YO insomiac i love ur games. i just hope u would consider more co op gameplay both multiplayer online and lan.

the preorder stuff is great because it doesnt effect much. however i think all dev of games should work with retailers to put more home costumes/freebies so that 1)helps home 2)doesnt effect gameplay like every1 here is complaining about. i understand retailers want exclusive content that other stores cant carry. things like figurines t shirt ps3 skin? exclusive controller bundles(more pricey of course) keychain? theres so many little things that would make a fan a fan. gameplay things misses the mark. a fan would be one that reps the game in real life and not at home when playing.

+ Ztnepres on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:07 pm said:

there are so many little things that can be used as bonuses. home costumes(doesnt effect gameplay and builds a home rc community) key chain, figurine, t shirt, poster, etc.

for us fans. u want little things like that because it separates a casual gamer and a fan. a fan would should his/her love for the game outside of just the living room.

+ beachgeek448 on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:25 pm said:

To me it seems like the best package is the Discovery Package. It gives you a whole level! I smell trophies…

+ roddollente on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:46 pm said:

guys, settle down. yea, pre-order items suck especially if you’re not in the U.S. (here in Canada, some pre-order goodies aren’t even available even thoguh U.S and Canada aren’t even separated by water).

and i hate DLC’s as well. whatever happened to unlockable characters/costumes/levels/cheats after you’ve finished a game? to think that here in Canada a game costs us $69.99 + tax and then after that we have to buy a $10 DLC is just ridiculous.

i hope we can just get these for free or something, ’cause i’d like to have all the preorder goodies, but i’m forced to only pick one of ‘em. and if the others will end up as overpriced DLC’s with $2.99 each then that would make my purchase $79.99 or something which is totally ridiculous.

nothing can beat Criterion Games this gen. i mean, they’re always updating Burnout Paradise with FREE DLC. why am i talknig aobut dlc anyways? well, since the preorder goodies that we won’t be able to get on launch day will most likely end up as DLCs. pffftt…..

+ Enforcer_X on July 2nd, 2009 at 8:47 pm said:

Ok the replies make me feel better.
I think a got a little ahead of myself and should have relaxed before posting.

I am still preordering all 4 and cancelling after I get my goods though! HAHA =)

+ Psub_Xero on July 2nd, 2009 at 9:11 pm said:

Will we be able to buy them after release? the cryo-glove looks great but what If I don’t want to pre-order it from that retailer?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

The cryo-glove is an in-game item. The pre-order bonus just gives it to you sooner.

+ DANO69 on July 2nd, 2009 at 9:19 pm said:

It’s crap like this why I have never pre-ordered a game. Alienating other gamers with “JUNK” and the possibilty of getting a crap developed game(SOCOM ANYONE!!). I will never understand why people preoder.

+ PiNerd on July 2nd, 2009 at 9:35 pm said:

So many GREAT choices here…I definately MUST pre-order this game! I am already working on playing through ALL of the games once more. I thought it would be fun, and it is! I just have to say one thing to Insomniac Games…if this is your final Ratchet and Clank project, make it GOOD and congratulate yourselfs for making such a GREAT FRANCHISE! They were a BLAST to play through all these years, and each game has something about it that shines. Still, I think we would all like a Ratchet and Clank on PS3 that is strictly multiplayer…if that is possible…?

+ Chaos_Bladez on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:05 pm said:

So is the Insomniac Museum going to available for the people who don’t preorder by unlocking through gameplay?

+ NDN_Shadow on July 2nd, 2009 at 10:06 pm said:

I honestly hate pre-order bonuses. It’s <> imo.

I will NOT be pre-ordering and I do hope that anyone who doesn’t pre-order will get this stuff for free as DLC later….

+ sonicthemonkey on July 2nd, 2009 at 11:07 pm said:

Yeah, my response to this isn’t exactly positive either. While I used to consider preorder bonuses harmless little marketing tools, I feel they crossed the line when they moved from swag and art books to in-game content. The same goes for collectors editions. To permanently lock away parts of the game from those who have already spent $60 on it seems both malicious and disingenuous. I’m especially heartbroken that the Insomniac Museum is making its return after 5 long years, only to be locked away from tens, if not hundreds of thousands of eager fans, simply because they didn’t purchase it from retailer X. I’ve always adored Insomniac Games, and while nothing could ever change this, I certainly didn’t expect to see this coming from them.

+ sonicthemonkey on July 2nd, 2009 at 11:55 pm said:

Ok, now feeling a bit better after reading James’ responses, though I’d agree with the one who said that plastering the word “exclusive” all over the place was certainly misleading if things like the Insomniac Museum would be unlockable through normal gameplay. To me it sorta kills the fun of unlocking the museum if you just get a free pass by preordering the game, especially after the requirement of getting all of the trophies (no, not that kind of trophy) in the third game. Though I suppose you could enter just by visiting Metropolis after 3am. Anyway, I digress, as a wise person before me stated, Internet rage subsiding…faith in Insomniac returning.

+ PSN_Gex on July 3rd, 2009 at 12:42 am said:

I really, Really, REALLY HATE stuff like this! I love this franchise, I love Insomniac games. But pulling this kind of crap just makes me feel used and taken advantage of. I’ve lost a lot of respect for you people sticking it to the little guy like this.

+ Grind_Axis on July 3rd, 2009 at 12:54 am said:

Awww, sorry Insomniac, I shouldn’t have been so rude to one of my favourite developers. We can still be friends, right? :(

+ ynp7 on July 3rd, 2009 at 3:42 am said:

Thanks for clarifying that we’ll be able to get access to this stuff later on. The museum pack sounds really cool but I hate giving Gamestop my money when I don’t have to.

Any chance ACIT will be more like the later PS2 Ratchets with return trips to planets required more often after acquiring new weapons? TOD felt too linear after Going Commando and I HATED that you guys took out the arena space battles and made the rail shooter levels dual stick.

+ Lunacy_Acidic on July 3rd, 2009 at 3:47 am said:

It’s just a shame physical retailers are currently the only way to get deals like this. It’s to their benefit if the packages are more or less balanced, because they know there’s going to be multiple options – it has to be down to the individual, not whichever package stands out as the best option.

I would LOVE to see a system where we order from you guys, or the PSN Store, and then pay $2.99 or something to add on little things like that. Some people would still complain that you’re just trying to milk us for our money and etc., but that’s just how people are. There’d be a lot of people thanking you for the opportunity to get all the packages.

Here’s to hoping the future brings more independence from cannibalistic survival-of-the-fittest business models.

+ MarvinTM1 on July 3rd, 2009 at 4:00 am said:

is this outside the states? I live in australia and i think it is silly if i and europe misses out on this content, atleast sell it to us for an unreasonable price on the PS store….

+ CondorMcG on July 3rd, 2009 at 6:42 am said:

Insomniac I will love you forever if you make gold bolts (or an equivalent) count again like they used too. Skins are boring!

Make them all really hard to get, there was a cool helipod on in Tools that I really liked.

+ jelly14 on July 3rd, 2009 at 6:43 am said:

Hold on, i like a responds please if you can. For the insomiac moon will there be stuff in it you can collect. Also I will be going to gamestop, when i get home, will they give me the code now or at release date? Please answer.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

They should have the cards on-hand at the GameStop. You should get it with your pre-order.

+ Doremo on July 3rd, 2009 at 6:56 am said:

I live in remote places where a game crazy and game stop or even best buy are about and hour away… am i limited to which i can get!!??

This kinda blows insomniac… at least let us choose which bonus we want at any store we can make it to ;_;

(btw game crazy link does not work)

+ CasualCat2001 on July 3rd, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

I think I’m more frustrated with the fact that Insomniac is letting themselves be strong armed by the retailers.

If retailers are unwilling or unable to make themselves distinguishable from each other, that is their problem.

Instead what we’re seeing with this business model is the retailers are essentially pushing that responsibility onto the developer/publisher. If Gamestop wants me to buy from them, THEY should offer an unique incentive not force Insomniac or any other developer to do their work for them.

At the very least, I hope your agreements with these leeches( I mean retailers) decreases their per unit profit margin when they require this kind of nonsense.

In the end the consumer has lost all because the lazy retailers had to be placated.

I used to feel some pity for the loss of retail outlets, but this makes we wish we could tell them all where to go and buy directly from the publisher/developer…

+ craildo on July 3rd, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

I love you.

+ gideonrx on July 3rd, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

which store has the power package when u reserve a crack in time?

Damn, i cant wait till a crack in time comes out!

+ gideonrx on July 3rd, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

when does the demo come out? i hope it comes out soon!(i watched too many e3 vids,shoot!)

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

We\’ll have more information on that in the coming months. Keep an eye out!

+ Lunacy_Acidic on July 3rd, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

Well, this is how they “distinguish.” This is how they “offer a unique incentive.” Someone here is going to get the shaft, and it isn’t going to be the consumer – because most of us can just pick which package we want. There will probably be a package that sells better than the rest, though, which just plain sucks for everyone else.

I’d rather see a regular edition, special edition (with the Insomniac Moon), then super edition (with the Moon and the ship skin), then ultra edition (Moon + ship + bolt stuff), then the uber edition with all four.

Obviously, they’d have witty R&C themed names. I’m just too lazy for that right now.

I’ll probably end up getting the Power Package, because while extra life feels like cheating, it’s the only one that I’d like to have early on. As much as I’d love to explore the Insomniac Moon, that’s just not enough incentive on its own :/ I can live without a ship skin, and the bolt things will be available later so that’s no problem.

+ darkwonders on July 3rd, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

I think I want the discovery package.

Question- Is that like the old days where the clock time on the PS2 had to be like 2 AM to unlock the “Insomniac” area?
I felt so clever manually switching my PS2′s time so I could teleport to that area. If the discovery planet is anything like that area, I’m in love ^_^

+ Danjcb on July 4th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

I believe that it is all very well you promising that you will eventually get all of these “goodies” out to everyone via PSN. But what about fans of the series that also want all the pre-order gifts that, for some reason, cannot. They may not have a PSN ID, or have no internet connection. Although these cases may be rare, I am sure that they will occur.

Oh and as for all those pedantic people who will say something along the lines of “If these people have no internet connection then how will they find out about the packages?” They may find out from friends, neighbours etc. so there!

And Insomniac why did you put the stupid comments of:
“Thanks for the well thought out response, KickahaOta.”
and
“This is a good post to read. Well-reasoned and thought out.”
These are comments on a website not part of a school essay.

+ darkwonders on July 4th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

@Danjcb
Because despite what you may think, there are people that would rather read a well written comment, than one that spews out explicits and has no real point other than to hate on someone.

+ Lunacy_Acidic on July 4th, 2009 at 7:38 pm said:

It’s a shame there aren’t more community-centric features to the web-based portion of the PSN, because the comments section of a blog post isn’t exactly the right place for an intellectual debate.

It’s great for people to toss out their own personal opinions, but not so much to interact with eachother and get information about how the packages will be distributed, both now and in the future.

+ EvilEmpire488374 on July 5th, 2009 at 5:28 am said:

Is this only for the United States, or will it be world-wide?

Thanks.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on July 6th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

Currently, it\’s only for the US, but you\’ll see programs rolling out in other countries over the next few weeks.

+ SketchyMidnight on July 5th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

So which retailer is hosting the Discovery Package?

All others I assume will eventually be free DLC thanks to you people at IG.
I just worry that this might not be, so I might as well go ahead and make sure I get this package.

+ SketchyMidnight on July 5th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

So which retailer will be hosting the Discovery Package with the pre-order then?

I assume that everything else will eventually be free DLC? so this is the only thing worrying me. Thanks to you people at Insomniac Games.

Could you possibly be answering those 2 questions?

+ Lunacy_Acidic on July 5th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

I’d be surprised if all this was available as free DLC. For one, the Cryo Mine Glove, Box Basher, Bolt Magnetizer will all be available in-game for sure. Extra health will probably be available in-game the same as it has been throughout the previous games, so that part of the Power Package is probably just an early boost.

As for the weapon skin, hotrod ship skin, and Home avatar skin, those would probably be exclusive for good, but I could see them being added as DLC. Weapon and ship skins will probably be available in bulk as DLC, eventually. Most likely free, but possibly $0.99 per pack or something.

The Insomniac Moon is pretty much guaranteed to end up as DLC eventually, though. Everyone loves the Insomniac Moon. I can see it being free after a certain period of time, with the option to pay for early access basically.

+ Mr_Saturn on July 5th, 2009 at 11:33 pm said:

Stop COMPLAINING! Do you all seriously give a crap about pre-order content? It’s just extra, calm the hell down!

+ RandomEarthling on July 6th, 2009 at 8:21 am said:

Dear Insomniac, I thought you were always the one company that truly listened to the community and did what was best for the gamer, but I guess I was wrong. Why would you do this multiple pre-order [expletive] like so many other game companies. You pretty much made it impossible to get the full R&C: ACiT experience without pre-ordering it 4 times! I love the game but that’s beyond my ability. *Sigh*

+ Jaldiu on July 6th, 2009 at 12:18 pm said:

I like the cyro mine glove, becasue that enough to make me pre-order it since I already got almost all rachet and clank games.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6