Watch Dogs 2

Jul 10

Jul 10

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Video Store Updates 7-10

Hi Everyone – Here are this week’s new releases and top downloads for the Video Store.

This week we’ve added the following new content:

HD Movies

• The Philanthropist | Season 1 Paris
  • GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley | Season 2 Ep 17
  • Royal Pains | Season 1 Ep 5

TV

• Kings | Season 1 Chapter One
  • Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List | Season 5 Maggie’s Bucket List
  • NYC Prep | Season 1 What Happens In Mexico…
  • 4th and Long | Season 1 Moose Crossing
  • The Closer | Season 5 Half Load
  • Burn Notice | Season 3 Signals and Codes
  • GT Bonus Round | Season 3 How We Control – The State of Gaming Interfaces
  • Jesse James is a Dead Man | Season 1 Baja 500
  • Ghost Hunters International | Season 2 Wicklow’s Gaol
  • Rescue Me | Season 5 Wheels
  • Battlestar Galactica: The Mini-Series | Season 0 Battlestar Galactica: The Mini-Series, Part 1
  • Battlestar Galactica: The Mini-Series | Season 0 Battlestar Galactica: The Mini-Series, Part 2
  • Warehouse 13 | Season 1 Warehouse – Pilot
  • Ice Road Truckers | Season 3 Arctic Ice
  • Tattoo Highway | Season 1 Close Encounters
  • The Philanthropist | Season 1 Paris
  • Hollywood Residential | Season 1
  • Voltron | Season 4
  • Robotech: Volume 01: The Macross Saga | Season 1
  • X-Play | Season 2009 X-Play Weekly 7/8/09
  • Paris Hilton’s My New BFF | Season 2 Have My Back
  • The Real World | Season 22 I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It (At First)
  • RENO 911 | Season 6 Ep 15

10. Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Top TV Episodes

1. Family Guy | Season 7 – 420
    2. Family Guy | Season 7 – Stew-Roids
    3. Dexter | Season 3 – Our Father
    4. Kings | Season 1 – Chapter One
    5. Dexter | Season 3 – Do You Take Dexter Morgan?
    6. Robot Chicken | Season 0 – Robot Chicken Star Wars: Episode II

9. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 – Pinewood Derby
    10. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 – Eat, Pray, Queef

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

solidiusff said:

July 10th, 6:04 am

when we gonna get movie store :/

solidiusff said:

July 10th, 6:04 am

EU…..

MainEv3nt_69 said:

July 10th, 6:08 am

Canada…

Silex said:

July 10th, 6:10 am

lol. I feel for you. Hopefully one day.

DMeisterJ said:

July 10th, 6:24 am

In before canad-oh…

In before Eur-oh…

Nevermind then.

jipmg said:

July 10th, 6:33 am

I think you guys should complaing to SCEE not SCEA lol

anyhow, for me weekly begging!

You guys need to put DRAGIN BALL Z

but before I go on..

WERE IS FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN? Doesnts ony pictures own that movie? FF VII just came out alot of people would like to see the sequel in HD!

ringedingdong said:

July 10th, 6:41 am

EU Video Store… someone?

XxDeathDoctorxX said:

July 10th, 6:41 am

if ur in eu go fuss to the eu blog and stfu this is scea not scee and ill say it like u eu ppl u bloody wanker stop bein a muppit

morris1129 said:

July 10th, 6:53 am

@dmeister
funny!!!

MadmanEU said:

July 10th, 6:54 am

Stop posting these. They only remind your readers how inept Sony is at handling or responding to ANYTHING AT ALL related to the video stores “US ONLY” policy.

Either stop posting, or DO SOMETHING GRACE! For the love of god, if you’re the “Senior Manager” of the Playstation Store…do your ****ing job for once!

poweredbyzen said:

July 10th, 7:07 am

move over itunes – i’m switching to playstation store. got tired of watching movies on a small screen, pffft!

Kchow23 said:

July 10th, 7:07 am

Has there been an explanation as to why PS3s are getting blocked by Hulu? Any chance a deal could be made there? and when are we getting relevant premium themes, I like hot girls and all don’t get me wrong but I’m getting tired of them!

DeMoNiCMeMBeR said:

July 10th, 7:17 am

CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ode2code said:

July 10th, 7:24 am

XB*x marketplace has video’s for Canada :p (Since December).

Ruffday said:

July 10th, 7:25 am

**** Please Help Me ****
I have a launch Ps3, I’ve been trying to watch burn DvDs, the video keeps pausing. Is there a way to fix this, and what theHeLL is going on here? Any help would be much appreciated. I’ll heart your LbP level!

Ruffday said:

July 10th, 7:29 am

Oh yeh tighten up Sony our friends from across the borders want the video store too. What the heck is the hold up!!!!

Grace Chen's Avatar

Grace Chen said:

July 10th, 3:57 pm

Hi all. We still don\’t have anything to announce about Canada right now.

Vengeful-Chaos said:

July 10th, 7:43 am

I hope since it’s the pilot episode Warehouse 13 is free like others have been.

Also I realize you guys have a free extra section, why not add the other TV shows to that section and not just the extra stuff.

ILOVEPLASTATION3 said:

July 10th, 7:43 am

Guys you all know the update is good. Stop giving bad ratings to the post just because Canada and Europe don’t have the movie store yet. You will get it when you get it. US still doesn’t have the playon thing with the music and you don’t see me complaining even though I do want it. ;)

Again, this is a good update for the store. :) Thanks Sony!

S-E-G said:

July 10th, 7:43 am

NOT A GOOD DAY EH?

SalMoriarty said:

July 10th, 7:48 am

I feel you Canada and EU… I mean, can you imagine how I must feel because the US Video Store doesn’t have HBO programming yet. I’m too cheap to pay for cable, but I figured I’d subsidize my cheapness in buying the episodes of True Blood.

I feel your pain.

jayyy91 said:

July 10th, 7:53 am

Canada…

StuntF50 said:

July 10th, 8:02 am

Awesome. I’ve been wanting to see Knowing. Guess I’ll just rent it out here.

David2Crazy said:

July 10th, 8:06 am

Guess I’ll just continue giving my money to Microsoft’s Video Store. Seems like Sony isn’t very interested in the Canadian market. Their loss.

Jeigh said:

July 10th, 8:08 am

… -_- …anime…naru…blea… I give up.

To all of the EU posters- go whine on your own blog. That IS why they made it.

TakiFuGu said:

July 10th, 8:18 am

I’d love to buy and rent digital movies but they are way too expensive. Same reason why I stopped buying PSP games. $40 for a PSP game. LMAO! I’d rather buy a PS3 game instead.

xcube said:

July 10th, 8:20 am

CANADA?

EddyxMob said:

July 10th, 8:22 am

Till No New Negima Episodes T_T
Ohh the knowing I’ll check that out

MadmanEU said:

July 10th, 8:22 am

” ILOVEPLASTATION3 | July 10th, 2009 at 7:43 am

Again, this is a good update for the store. :) Thanks Sony!”

It isn’t a matter of not having it – though having it would definitely be a bonus – its the fact that Grace and Sony won’t say a god damned word about it. It makes Grace and all who run PSN a bunch of spineless, care-free corporate nobodies, who at the end of the day don’t deserve our respect let alone our dollars for a video store.

If a video store ever does show up in Canada, I will probably not use it out of spite…I will continue to pirate everything the way I always have, because no one, not even Sony (who owns the ****ing movie studios) can come up with a decent video on-demand download service for Canada.

Jetup said:

July 10th, 8:35 am

It makes no sense why EU is on the FRIGGEN *NA* blog.Y ou guys have a blog…complain there…

And don’t you guys have that sky network for the psp..

It makes more sense for canada to complain here d+_+b

Das_Pike said:

July 10th, 8:39 am

Update the avatars.

ILOVEPLASTATION3 said:

July 10th, 8:42 am

@28—> totally agree

(no fair i just wrote an awesome comment about supporting sony…)

Now to shorten, generally be patient and remember that Sony has said stuff on this blog about getting Canada a movie store, but there are regional issues and stuff that takes a long time to straighten out.

Next Madman, people like you don’t deserve a movie store if you are already illegally downloading movies when you could still go to a store and rent a movie or go and rent one off of your cable provider (comcast).

Key words=PATIENCE and RESPECT! :)

onlineatron said:

July 10th, 8:43 am

Nice update.

Now all you have to do is send all that lovely content over to the EU and we’ll be sorted =D

StalkingSilence said:

July 10th, 8:46 am

“Evil Bong II: King Bong” – sounds ridiculous, hope there’s a trailer.

lebron_accel said:

July 10th, 8:48 am

CANADA!!!PLEASE!!!

LordChocoSlime said:

July 10th, 8:49 am

[This post ONLY refers to the anime added to the PS Store’s Video section since I’m not interested in the vast majority of live-action movies and non-anime TV shows.]

It’s great seeing some more anime eps. added to the U.S. PS Store this week (especially older anime series like Fist of the North Star and Galaxy Express 999). Thanks for the update.

ILOVEPLASTATION3 said:

July 10th, 8:51 am

Also, why is there an indent in front of all the items in the “What’s New” section of the movie store. I know that in the game store, it shows dates in that section for each game, but here, there is nothing. I think these spaces should be removed so we can see the title of each item in the section of the movie store better. Thanks!

FoomMan said:

July 10th, 8:51 am

Hey Grace-

What channels would someone have to go through in order to possibly get content up on the store?

DTXSFC said:

July 10th, 8:54 am

Grace is it possible to see if we can get music videos? It’s been awhile now and I’ve been hoping you guys would start giving us music. I don’t care if it’s mp3’s or music videos. GAMES, VIDEOS, ______(MUSIC), PHOTOS (WHO CARES).

BadFlounder said:

July 10th, 8:54 am

Why oh why does Sony refuse to make DD 5.1 a standard on all these downloads? iTunes and XBL seem to have no trouble doing it. I would love to use the PSN store if they would actually support up to date audio standards. 2 channel stereo??? weak

reynaldoverde said:

July 10th, 9:08 am

WTF is happing I buy this playstation card two days ago I think and I was saving up money for the new COD5 map pack 3 when it comes out but then I wake up I go and check my e-mail and it say thnak u for buying brun zombie brun which I never heard of plz some one out there how the hell can I fix this load of [DELETED]

Cloud_911 said:

July 10th, 9:09 am

come on release a vid store for canada like seriously why hasnt it been done? were in spitting distance here!

Griffins22 said:

July 10th, 9:09 am

Man, I’m not even from Canada but I feel bad for them. Sony, what exactly is taking you so long?

KazeEternal said:

July 10th, 9:13 am

@6
Final Fantasy VII was released at the same time as the Bluray release of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete.

If you want an HD version of FF7AC then buy the bluray. For crying out loud you have a PS3 with a Bluray Drive, USE IT!

makingdamage said:

July 10th, 9:14 am

How many movies are there now on the store? 1000? 5000? 10 000?

In the EU-store there is for the moment 0. It´s sad really.

Thrasher20 said:

July 10th, 9:22 am

That’s a ton load of content SONY ;)

mafia28 said:

July 10th, 9:32 am

I was wondering why is there a big gap in the Whats New section of the video store, do you think you giys can fix that, i know its a minor thing but it just dosent look right.

Thanks.

danscloud9 said:

July 10th, 10:08 am

Free Warehouse 13 epidode! Thanks Sony! Great update!
All of the DC comic shows are great, but is there any chance of getting more Marvel shows?

LoveDoctor said:

July 10th, 10:16 am

Still waiting in EU, still no news in WHY we’re waiting and whatfor. Waiting without updates = bad Sony strategy.

Sorry for posting this on the US BLOG but the EU blog is not covering this topic!

zombie9 said:

July 10th, 10:25 am

You people in EU need to complain to SCEE NOT SCEA. We can not play your blueray movies on our (USA) PS3’s becouse of region code.. But your (games) are OK and work fine. And Sony is not a fan of shiping american made movies over seas there all diffrent in sony’s eye’s and will never happen they block them on purpose. SCEE is responsible for all of your Digital downloads. And NO we can not play JAPAN Blueray disks (MOVIES) ether. They don’t work but Games are OK. And where is WWE SONY????? :)

Enforcer_X said:

July 10th, 10:30 am

Ok, I finally found a movie that has AAC 5.1 Audio so THANK YOU for that!
Now I PLEASE ask could you implement a category or way to find 5.1 Audio easier. As it stands now I have no idea which ones do.
Also work on the 1080pLEASE! =)

PAGE 1 2