Jul 14

Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! and Mana Khemia 2

Nao Zook's Avatar Posted by Nao Zook on Jul 14, 2009 // PR/Marketing Coordinator, NIS America, Inc

Hello everyone!

Today, I wanted to remind you that Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This? will be available on PSN this Thursday, 7/16!

As I mentioned before, we have a website for you guys to share Badman strategies with each other, called Dungeon Strategies. There are some pretty good strategies on the site already. If you are stuck playing the full version of Badman, you can check out others’ strategies. And, don’t be afraid to ask any questions on the site, either. We made this site to give you all a place to help each other to beat Badman!

Also, we have posted Badman gameplay videos on the official Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! website. Just click the “Specials” icon, and you’ll see video clips for stages 1 to 5. Just reading about Badman’s gameplay might make it hard to picture what exactly this game is all about, so I hope you take a moment to watch this video for a better idea! And, believe me, watching how Badman plays and playing it yourself are totally different stories!

Let’s talk about Mana Khemia 2 now!

Mana Khemia 2 - Premium Cover

I won’t make this too long, so please stick with me.

Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy will be released on August 25th for the PlayStation 2 system. Because of the huge support from our fans, we decided to make a premium box for this title. It will come with a soundtrack and a poster (dual print). The back of the poster contains 2 different works of art, so it’s like getting 3 posters in 1!

Mana Khemia 2 contains 2 different main stories. There are two main characters, Raze (male) and Ulrika (female). When you start the game, you’ll have the option of choosing which story you want to play with first. And after playing your first pick, you can play the other story, carrying all the items you collected in the previous story. That’s pretty sweet, right?

The basic story line is — The setting is about 15 years after “Mana Khemia.” Al-Revis Academy has been known for producing most of the world’s greatest alchemists. However, it’s been having a difficult time lately. The number of Mana is decreasing for unknown reasons in the world. As an alchemic school, Al-Revis Academy has been decaying because of this phenomenon. In order to survive as a reputable school, the Academy has added new curriculum, such as combat, government and law. Even though some people had negative feelings about this change at first, the number of applicants has increased each year. And because of the amount of time that has passed, there is a new cast of characters for you to meet and interact with, along with a few returning characters in faculty roles.

Mana Khemia 2 - Raze Mana Khemia 2 - Ulrika

The story revolves around two characters, Raze and Ulrika. Raze is a combat student, who was dragged into enrolling at the Academy by Lily. Raze’s parents died when he was young, so he had lived with his grandfather. After a few years, Raze’s grandfather could no longer take care of him, so Raze moved in with Lily’s family as their servant. Raze doesn’t really like Manas because something bad happened in his past which involved a Mana. His blade skill is very advanced, thanks to his grandfather’s teachings.

Ulrika is an alchemy student. She was given a Mana egg by an old man a long time ago, and that egg hatched into Uryu. Ulrika is always optimistic, cheerful, and happy, however she has trouble getting along with Raze because of his dislike of Manas.

Whether you choose Raze or Ulrika at the beginning of the game, you still interact with the other characters throughout the story. Sometimes Raze and Ulrika are rivals, and sometimes they will work as a team.

Here is the promotional trailer!

Thank you very much for reading as always!

Have a great day.

Best regards,

PAGE 1 2

+ lofiweapwn on July 14th, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

Hey, I commented earlier on the first Badman! blog, and I was wondering if the price was gonna be $19.99 still.

If so, that kinda crushes my desire to buy the game….

+ Daniel_Gonzz on July 14th, 2009 at 7:37 pm said:

I’m looking forward to HIoPB! I tried the demo and it’s great. :)

I’m just wondering if there will be a Mana Khemia 3. Lol

+ Sarges24 on July 14th, 2009 at 7:54 pm said:

$30 on disc, $20 to download. How exactly is it “that kinda crushes my desire to buy the game…” You’re saving $10!! There’s an excellent demo out there so you can’t claim you dislike it after having bought it… But for $20? You really can’t complain. Unlike other companies NISA is actually passing the savings onto the consumer by going digital… :P

anyway, onto the NISA subjects at hand.

Can’t wait to get some trophies. Prinny Bomb FTW dOOd!! I never really got a chance to get into D3 when it was released so I look forward to sinking my teeth into it.
Though I doubt I’ll even end up w/ 30+% of the trophies anyway. :D redunculous they are. Also ever since I picked up Disgaea on a whim after it’s release in 03 [saw it sitting on the shelf and the box sold me] it’s just been too hard for me to even try playing the newer ones. Man I really pulled some Gold out of my wazoo when I decided to pick that one. True Classic. The wackiness of Disgaea was something I absolutely LOVED. ;)

Ateleir Rorona. Yes Please! We all hope you can localize it. ;) Looks amazing plus some.

+ Nosajk on July 14th, 2009 at 8:28 pm said:

Awww I wich Namco Bandai were as cool as Nis bringing all the good RPGS here to USA i wish Namco to stop being so stubborn and bring Tales of Vesperia PS3 im playing the demo right now but its in Japanese

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on July 14th, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

Good news all around! Really looking forward these two.

+ Calendaros on July 14th, 2009 at 8:34 pm said:

When are you guys at NIS going to make a game that doesn’t look like a PS1 game?

+ hehe1 on July 14th, 2009 at 8:39 pm said:

I can’t wait till Badman comes out! It is so addicting! I just went today and got myself a psn card today and desperately waiting for the game it is just so much FUN!!!

+ buddy_0324 on July 14th, 2009 at 9:13 pm said:

I cant wait for Holy Invasion Of Privacy Badman….I downloaded the demo the day it came out and i’ve been counting the days fo it to come out…. YAY for Japan Studios!!!

+ BestNoobie on July 14th, 2009 at 9:30 pm said:

Hey Nao,

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I was wondering, any chance of your PS2 RPGs coming to the PSN network (current or past)? That’d be awesome.

+ Nao Zook on July 15th, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

Hello Ryan,
    Oh I know, it would be awesome. But, sounded like PS2 titles cannot be converted to the PSN due to emotion chip or something technical matter. I think it would be awesome if we could though!
    Thank you!

+ ThaddeusK on July 14th, 2009 at 9:53 pm said:

I love you Nao, will you marry me?

+ ShinBattousai on July 15th, 2009 at 12:49 am said:

I’ll be picking up Mana Khemia 2. I was going to buy Badman, but not since it went dd-only.

+ MakaiOokami on July 15th, 2009 at 2:19 am said:

I’d rather people know that I did all of those things than only people that watch my youtube channel knowing about my accomplishments (which I have crappy quality to because my video capture card doesn’t handle 2D games well at all)

So the major thing is though that I kinda [DELETED] up my characters anyway since now I can’t go through the Item World survival runs to get the principal weapons because I upgraded my Specials to the point that with my characters naked they won’t have the SP to go far enough, and I upgraded all the skills of my unique characters (All of them. Every single freaking one released and I mean ALL of them) because I had excess mana sitting around and wanted POWER!!!!

It does kinda bite to go through class world with so few drop outs…

This is a long message but I hope you answer this question. Are you guys going to be releasing any of the PS2 titles by porting them to PSP like Mana Kleihm 2?

The reason why losing 200 hours doesn’t bother me is cause I did the same thing anyway from Disgaea on PS2 when I bought Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness and I’ll be doing the same thing again with the Disgaea 2 hours to the Disgaea 2 PSP game.

D2 looks WAY upgraded too

+ hiro64x on July 15th, 2009 at 4:36 am said:

How long have I waited for Mana Khemia 2?
And it’s finally coming out. =]
You’re doing a great job NIS America =D

+ hiro64x on July 15th, 2009 at 4:46 am said:

Are you bringing Mana Khemia 2 Portable to North America too?

+ Onna76_NL on July 15th, 2009 at 6:55 am said:

Ow yeah that Holy Invasion game I saw on Mainichi Isshou, nah not my thing. Mana Khemia 2 on PS2… *sigh*.

And Nao, the joke about having patience for JRPG’s on the PS3… it isn’t funny. I’m really getting tired of waiting for any good RPG’s on the PS3 and feel like the JRPG genre is losing its grib, more like falling into pieces.

+ Nao Zook on July 15th, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

Hello Onna78_NL,
    Hmmm, I wasn\’t really joking about it. It takes at least 8-10 months to localiza a game, and it can be longer for bigger titles. We have to translate, edit, voice recording, programming, and all other good stuff to localize one game. We wish we can do this at the same time Japan side is working on their title, but it\’s just impossible. Anyway, we are working on our new titles for next year, and what it takes for you guys to get JRPG is \”patience\”… right?

But I do understand that you want more RPGs on PS3. I hope that we can provide more of them soon!

+ Onna76_NL on July 15th, 2009 at 7:00 am said:

Ow and any idea if Europe will get the trophy patch for Disgaea 3?

+ KLB600 on July 15th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

epic fail should have made mana khamia 2 for ps3 it looks soo good but my ps2 broke and i rather not buy another one and can’t wait 4 disgaea trophies my disgaea 3 deta got deleted anyway so it doesn’t matter and please will there be another soul nomad game :)

+ Ssnipo on July 15th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

Where is Trine?

Where is the PSN User/trophy API for fansites?

+ Sarges24 on July 15th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

@Onna76_NL in regards to:

“@Sarges24 Ehm if you wish Atelier Rorona to be localised you need to call Gust, not Nippon Ichi.”

That’s the thing. In case you’ve been under a rock these past 5 years I’ll fill you in on a little something. NISA localizes & publishes A LOT of Gust games for North America. Gust doesn’t have a NA branch. :P You know, the games NISA brought to NA like the Atelier Iris series, that game titled Mana Khemia 2 [the Original and Student Alliance] that was talked about in this blog, the Ar Tonelico series. NISA localizes and publishes ALL those Gust games in the States. :P So if you want Atelier Rorona hit up NISA & let them know it’s wanted in NA…

which leads to me this. Probably why earlier Nao said – “I know! The game looks amazing. I really hope we can do it! ;)”

+ Sekoku on July 14th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

Slightly off-topic, but what’s the excuse/reason for Toro/Kuro not hitting the US version of Disgaea 3 (and possibly 2).

I don’t really care about any of the other DLC characters (minus Disgaea 2’s main charcters and Mid-Boss from Disgaea 1), these are the only two I really want (to go with my Hot Shots Golf Toro and LBP Toro outfit).

Why does NI/NISA and SCEA hate Toro fans? :(

+ Nao Zook on July 15th, 2009 at 6:47 pm said:

Hello Sekoku,
    Oh, no! We don\’t hate Toro and Kuro. They are Sony\’s characters, so we just couldn\’t get them. :(

+ Onna76_NL on July 16th, 2009 at 1:53 am said:

@Sarges24 yeah arrogance really suits you.

@Nao I know that games being localised here needs to be translated and stuff, its just that we may be glad to have like 1 JRPG on the PS3 in 6 months and the question is, if its really any good. At the time of the PS2 that was an entirely different story, like 2 or 3 a “month”. Plus I hardly hear anything being announced from Japan. On top of it all Valkyria Chronicles 2 is hitting the PSP. I have to say that Nippon Ichi is the only company paying so much attention to the PS3, can’t really say about other companies really.

My comment is therefore not meant as how long it takes before a JRPG hits the West because I know how long that can take but more the amount of JRPG’s being released on the PS3 really… ;-)

+ Onna76_NL on July 16th, 2009 at 2:03 am said:

@Sarges24 you’re right about the NIS releases in the US. I’m from Europe, you know :P

+ k1s3k1 on July 16th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

hi Nao-san,

i’m really looking forward to localized versions of Atelier Rorona, Trinity Universe and Last Rebellion for PS3 :)

just wondering, do you know the Japanese SRPG PS3 games Tears to Tiara and Agarest Senki? do you think NISA would be able to localize these games too?

thanks :)

+ o0oi01o10oi0o on July 16th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

it’s july 16 now i have been looking forward for this day for quite awhile so that i can play holy invasion…you know the rest, i waited and then when i woke up this morning and went on my psn the game wasn’t there has it released yet or is it just me? please i really want to know i really really really really really really reaaly really want to play this game so help?

+ Nao Zook on July 17th, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

Hello o0oi01o10oi0o,

I am sorry I couldn\’t reply to you yesterday. Actually PSN releases new titles at 2pm. I hope you get the game by now.
    Thank you very much for your support for Badman! Have a great day and weekend!

+ o0oi01o10oi0o on July 16th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

i don’t know if my psn is working cause this mornig when i woke up and i went on psn and the game wasn’t there i’m so frustrated cause this is a realy good game and i have been looking forward to it. i just wan to play this game so badly

+ Elvick_ on July 16th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

Can’t wait for Mana Khemia 2. The extras are great. Definitely putting it further up on my priority list because of the soundtrack alone.

Wish more RPGs came with the soundtrack.

+ cringer_luvr on July 16th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

Well its thursday july 16th 230pm EST and still not seeing badman on the website…what time will it be added? love this game cant wait for it!!!!

+ sephirothstealth on July 17th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

i just tried the trophy patch that got released on the 7/16/09 on my disgaea 3 game and i got my disgaea 3 trophies on my old save game it is really cool & i thought it wasn’t going too work and it did.

+ Erdie on July 17th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

PS2!? Oh who am I kidding, I’ve still got the old girl hooked up to the TV.

+ Rock_Volnutt on July 17th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

Hey Noa,

I want to say is this is a really great game for the PSN, also I love Cross Edge as well.

I’ve been a big fan of Disgaea ever since the first one and I was wondering if the developer have any plans on making Laharl as D.L.C. Character for Cross Edge?

Thanks :D

+ Shadowchasers on July 17th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

Yay! I join the throng of users contradicting the misinformation coming from the NIS Camp. Apparently the 2.30 update for Disgaea 3 does NOT frag your save games! Mine work just fine, and I got the trophy for jumping just to check. :)

Time to start looking at finishing that game sometime soon… but I’m having too much fun Ubering Cross Edge!! =D

We need more PS3 titles!!! Bring out that new Atelier game for the PS3! That looks gorgeous!

+ Rarutos on July 19th, 2009 at 10:56 pm said:

Weee! This is awesome Nao!

I’m waiting for the Mana-Khemia 2 preorders to pop up on Rosenqueen… Hopefully it’s soon. :o

+ gamelover2 on July 20th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

I can’t wait to get this game, i have the first one and loving it.

+ rhymeboyg on July 16th, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

Just let you know guys,
Trophy patch for D3 does not make your old save file unusable. I just tested mine cuz some of the users have done it without any problem accessing old save file, and it worked just fine.
I have no idea why NIS informed us that it won’t work with old save data.
Here is the proof image from Gamefaqs.com
User ID :Rapu1

+ o0oi01o10oi0o on July 16th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

cringer_luvr ya i have the same problem

+ cringer_luvr on July 16th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

Yea its strange, were up to 430PM EST and still nothing, not sure if theres a problem or if someone just forgot that today is its release. :(

+ o0oi01o10oi0o on July 16th, 2009 at 1:56 pm said:

ya hopefully it will be up on psn before today ends if not tomorrow

+ Nao Zook on July 17th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

Hello o0oi01o10oi0o and cinger_luvr,
    Badman is up on PSN now. It went to live at 2pm yesterday. I hope you guys could get the game!

+ Thrasher20 on July 14th, 2009 at 11:57 am said:

Nice game!

+ jashwin on July 14th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!i am really looking forward to holy invasion of privacy,i really liked the demo

+ Nao Zook on July 14th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

Hello jashwin,
    Thank you! Just 2 more days! :-)

+ Zezzler on July 14th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

I love how NIS and NISA is always supporting PlayStation Titles so well!
Keep up the awesome stuff you guys~
And i cant wait for july 16th :D Disgaea 3 trophies~
We ask and you deliver :P Thanks again.

+ Nao Zook on July 14th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

Hello Zezzler,
    Thank you!
    About the Disgaea 3 trophies, please remember that your saved data cannot be used once you download the trophy patch. If you would like to keep your current saved data, please do not download the trophies. We didn\’t want to just not release the trophy patch. We wanted to at least give our fans a choice of either downloading it and playing Disgaea 3 again, or not.

+ Tengaport on July 14th, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

Looking forward to Badman. Played the demo a bunch of times – lots of good humor with an interesting concept. I dig.

+ Nao Zook on July 14th, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

Hello Tangport,
    So glad you enjoyed the demo! The full version has lots more to do:-)

+ sNsKid on July 14th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

What is it going to take to get a new RPG for PS3?

+ Nao Zook on July 14th, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

Hello sNsKid,
    Hmmmm, patience? haha jk.
    We\’re working on it ;-)

+ Destiny89 on July 14th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Hey Nao, its nice to see you back on the Psblog :)…Thank you for the info and cant wait for Mana Khemia 2, i already placed a pre-order for the game :D i hope it got a limited edition tho :P… not sure about Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman tho but will keep an eye on it.. do you mind answering a couple of question? :P i know your busy but i will just post my questions anyways and when u have time thanks

– Will NISA be able to localize Ateleir Rorona in the future? the game looks really interesting

– Regarding Disgaea 3 trophies, do i really have to lose all my past save data to get the trophies? i played so long in the game and dont think its worth deleting everything :(

-Are there any new games for ps3 coming from NISA soon?

+ Nao Zook on July 14th, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

Hello Destiny89,
    Wow, thank you so much for preordering MK2! I totally understand about Badman. This is a fun addictive game, but I know this isn\’t a game for everyone. Thank you for keeping an eye on it though:-)

->I know! The game looks amazing. I really hope we can do it! ;)

-> I heard that it wasn\’t technically possible to make the trophy work with the original Disgaea 3. I totally understand why you don\’t want to lose your saved data. We just wanted to give a choice for our fans. If I had 100+ hours of saved data I wouldn\’t want to delete it either! But some might say that\’s fine, let\’s get trophy:)

-Are there any new games for ps3 coming from NISA soon?
    -> Hmmm, not anytime soon, we\’ve got at least 5 titles lined up this year. Hopefully soon after though!

+ MattyF on July 14th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

Hi Nao!

– Matt F of Kombo.

+ Nao Zook on July 14th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

Yo yo yo!
    How are you, Matt?

+ Jack-Bauer-89 on July 14th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

Is Badman out only on the US store or will it be on the EU store the same day?

+ Nao Zook on July 14th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

Hello Jack-Bauer-89,
    European version will be released in September, and it also has French and German!

+ Ramage on July 14th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

Can’t wait for badman. Inexpensive games are crucial to the psp. Not interested in Mana Khemia 2 much but we’ll see.

What I would like you to know is that after hearing about the long awaited Disgaea trophy patch I finally decided I’d pick it up! I’ve always loved Disgaea but as trophy enabled games I also wanted were releasing around the same time I skipped it. It is currently sitting next to my PS3 waiting for the patch and for me to begin playing.

+ Lucreto on July 14th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

Good to see that there is still support for the PS2 but unfortunately I can’t get these game as the local retailers stopped stocking PS2 games. I see the first game has not been released in Europe yet with a release date of 07/31/09. I have no way to get it. :(

Any chance of a PSN release?

+ DTS_MAN on July 14th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

from mobile……sorry just had to post again.

+ Nao Zook on July 15th, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

Thank, DesertEagleXIX,
    Great review:-)

+ Blkant on July 14th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

Why do you guys keep putting your great titles on the PS2 all the time??? Seriously! Upgrade guys, your games are fun so please move on to the PS3 already :(

PAGE 1 2