PS4-The Order

NEW Limited Edition Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines PSP Entertainment Pack

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar + Posted by Kristin Neirinckx on Jul 16, 2009 // Marketing Manager, PSP

Assassin’s Creed fans get ready! Soon you’ll be able to take your favorite covert assassins game with you on your PSP. As we announced at Destination PlayStation earlier this year, Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines will be available in a new Limited Edition PSP Entertainment Pack. Available at retail locations in November for $199.99 (MSRP), this Entertainment Pack will include:

• White PSP-3000 system
  • Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines PSP game
  • UMD Movie (to be announced shortly!)
  • 2GB Memory Stick PRO Duo

We know you’ve been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this exclusive PSP title. As a treat, we’ve included a new trailer, so check it out below.

And if the trailer wasn’t enough to get you pumped for the game, make sure to check out the Q&A below. Frederic Lefrancois, a producer on Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines, answers the questions you’ve all been asking.

Assassin's Creed: BloodlinesAssassin's Creed: Bloodlines

Could you introduce yourself and explain your role in the project?

My name is Frederic Lefrancois and I’m 3rd Party Producer on Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines. My role on this project is to ensure that this game releases on time for the Holiday at the highest level of quality.

I’m working hand in hand with the “Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines” developer and Assassin’s Creed Core Team at Ubisoft Montreal to develop a great game that will respect all of AC brand pillars.

Who is in charge of the development?

The game is developed by the Griptonite Studio under the supervision of Ubisoft Montreal’s Assassin’s Creed Core Team.

How is Assassin’s Creed PSP linked to the Assassin’s Creed universe?

“Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines” follows Altair’s story right after the events of Assassin’s Creed as he hunts down the ascending Templars in Cyprus. It’s the only game that explains the link between Assassin’s Creed and Assassin’s Creed 2. If you want to understand how Ezio is born and where the Codex comes from, you need this game.

What is the storyline of the game? Can you give us a quick synopsis?

Assassin’s Creed PSP picks up right where Assassin’s Creed ended. After the death of Robert De Sable by Altair’s blade, the Templars, led by Armand Bouchart, fled the Holy Land to settle on the island of Cyprus. Following their tracks, Altair has the firm intention to put an end to their quest for power. Altair will help the local resistance fight the Templar’s’ occupation and get rid of the Templar commanders.

How did Altair evolve as a character from the first Assassin’s Creed to the PSP game?

With most of his preconceptions shattered and cast among the blood of slain Templars, Altair enters the events of “Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines” with an open mind. No longer bound by Al Mualim’s leadership, he forges his own path and destiny. He has become more curious, more inquisitive and far less trusting.

What main gameplay feature can we expect in “Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines”? Will the player get to investigate before every assassination mission?

You can expect to enjoy the core gameplay of the original Assassin’s Creed including the signature free-running and the intuitive combat system. Before killing his targets, Altair will get to complete a variety of missions, not always investigations. There are 8 new mission types and we wanted each mission to feel as fresh and exciting as the final Assassination moment.

How is the open-world and free running that are key elements of the Assassins Creed brand presented in the PSP game?

As it was the case in Assassin’s Creed, Altair will get to explore various large cities. This time around Altair will discover the cities of Limasol and Kyrenia in Cyprus, a beautiful and historically very interesting island in the Mediterranean Sea.

Once again, you can expect Altair to master his environment while performing all of his signature moves. In fact, Altair will free-run, sprint, fly between beams and climb everywhere to take advantage of its surroundings. This is a huge benchmark technology wise as this kind of freedom of movement has never been seen before on the PSP.

Why did you choose Cyprus as the setting for the PSP game?

In the summer of AD 1191, the Templar order withdrew from the Holy Land to the island of Cyprus which they had previously bought from Richard the Lionheart. They occupied the island and oppressed the locals who rose up in rebellion only to end up being crushed by the Templars. We chose this setting because it’s an intriguing historical period surrounded by conspiracy of the Templar Treasures left on the Island. The oppression of the people of Cyprus is the perfect backdrop to continue Altair’s story and explain some of the key elements of Assassin’s Creed 2.

Will you use the PS3/PSP connectivity function?

As players unlock health and Hidden blade upgrades in Assassin’s Creed 2 PS3, the same upgrades will be unlocked in Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines (PSP). It also works the other way round: on the PS3 you will be able to access any Templar Coins and special weapons you’ve collected on the PSP.

Assassin's Creed: BloodlinesAssassin's Creed: Bloodlines

90 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ money45_ on July 16th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

awsome deal 1st? psp ftw

+ money45_ on July 16th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

i wounder wat the umd movie is?

+ XxBigP123xX on July 16th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

Wow, this is so bought. Can’t wait for this and Assassin’s Creed 2.

+ DeviantBoi on July 16th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

NOOO! Why not a 4GB stick? The Rock Band bundle has a 4GB stick!

+ ADR143 on July 16th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

awesome deal i thought it would of been psp go

+ DTXSFC on July 16th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

Kristin will there be a digital download for ACB?

+ element12436 on July 16th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

thats cool! though i take it sony thinks the go might not sell well so this could help. very nice though

+ zakupilot256 on July 16th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

I so want this. Question for you and if you can’t answer at this time, thats cool. My Question is will there be an Assassin’s Creed logo on the back of the PSP? For example: StarWars had Vader, The Red PSP had kratos and even in japan there was a varity of PSPs with a symbol on the back the game it was bundled with. Any possible way to bribe…err work with Ubisoft to get that image on this PSP. thanks.

+ colonel007 on July 16th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

Why isn’t the bundle for the PSP Go?. Isn’t a good chance to promote it with this awesome game?…

I would buy the bundle if it was the PSP Go though…

+ ferniefern on July 16th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

Game looks good from what is shown…but with the PSPGo coming out will there be a downloadable version of it? I’m hoping to upgrade from my PSP 1000 so I don’t really wanna keep buying umds…

+ Juben on July 16th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

Why can’t i reserve the PSP Go at game stop trying to give them money and gamestop and you won’t let me.

+ Jim777 on July 16th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

Sold i will be picking this game up ASAP thanks for all the info i cant wait to see how this game and AC2 play with eachother

+ depward on July 16th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

Looks fantastic. Was hoping that the memory stick would be a little bigger than 2 gigs but eh, so it goes.

+ ilikemonkeys on July 16th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

Okay… I may have to buy this bundle.

+ RogueCommando on July 16th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

This is so awesome! But 1: Why can we not buy these psps in all these colours in core packs? 2: Are we going to see a psp 3000 price drop?
3:Are we going to see the prices of memory cards dropping?

+ jipmg on July 16th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

you guys need to stop releasing “limited” bundles, people that want the bundles arent getting them if they sell out.

+ ilikemonkeys on July 16th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

@9

Ummm…. PSP Go doesn’t have a UMD drive… or a MS Duo slot… so it would be rather pointless.

+ Jeigh on July 16th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

I thought I had heard there was going to be a weapon exclusive to the PS3 by means of the PSP AC:B (during the E3 presentation). Was I wrong, or are you just not talking about that yet? That was definitely the biggest draw for me with this game.

Kind of a shame that after so many years on the market, PSP bundles are STILL at $200. I’d figure production costs would have gone down significantly given so much time. Doesn’t greatly affect me though, since I’ve got my GoW PSP.

+ Wollan on July 16th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

Game looks fantastic.

Buying the DL version for my PSP Go when the time comes.

+ almighty-slayer on July 16th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

Note to guys that did GTPSP the other day: THIS IS HOW YOU DO A Q&A

Game is looking awesome guys, can’t wait for it :)

+ r-nice on July 16th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

I will be getting this game.

+ Gorvi on July 16th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

That looks great. Will this be releasing before or after Assassin’s Creed 2 on the PS3?

+ Dice_for_Death_ on July 16th, 2009 at 9:45 am said:

The game looks very polished, and promising to be a faithful companion to its console counterpart. I’m curious to see how else the player will benefit from this PSP-PS3 interactivity, if it goes beyond unlocking weapons, coins, and whatnot. Even then, if it doesn’t, that is by no means a deal-breaker. Looking forward to this game, either way.

+ Ejsponge61 on July 16th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

Cool but, I’m just going to get the Go! By the time this bundle comes out, that UMD movie may be Year One, that Jack Black comedy. Anyone else got a guess?

+ krae_man on July 16th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

Just think, come Oct we’ll be able to get this and a 16gb memory stick for the same price as a PSP Go.

Sony, I hope you realise that premium you think the PSP Go is worth is only sustanable for like one week.

Everyone else isn’t stupid. They’ll either buy a PSP 3000+memory stick for less then the cost of a Go or wait for you to drop the price of the Go.

+ asop89 on July 16th, 2009 at 9:52 am said:

Wow great news! can’t wait for the game. The graphics look amazing.

+ DonnyG on July 16th, 2009 at 10:01 am said:

Srsly? UMD Movie? Why?

Game looks cool though….

+ omnilaw on July 16th, 2009 at 10:01 am said:

Consider this game PURCHASED!

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on July 16th, 2009 at 10:01 am said:

this game looks pretty cool. hopefully it won’t be as repetitive (and buggy) as the PS3′s AC

+ djpenny1 on July 16th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

Canadians make the best games ever

+ LokeSTL on July 16th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

I love color options and bundles, even if I’m not interested in this one.

Question: Will we be seeing Turbo Graphx-16 games on the US PSN like they are releasing in Japan?

It would be nice if Sony America would compete with the other consoles Virtual Console like Japan looks to be getting started. I for one would prefer to buy them for PS3/PSP since I can share them with my wife and kids without buying multiple copies. Emulating old console games is ideal on the PS3 and would be much appreciated. Thanks! :-)

+ Strange__Brew on July 16th, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

Year One

+ Azira013 on July 16th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

I never finished the first game because I got so bored of doing the same things over and over again.

+ NEOSIMKIN on July 16th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

Hell yes! I’ll buy the game since I already have the PSP but yea … Hell yes!

+ thegamer154 on July 16th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

Sweet, can’t wait to play this game. Thanks a lot!

+ tagout on July 16th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

Please announce another bundle:
Ceramic PSP Go!
A voucher to download Assassin’s Creed Bloodlines

Make it happen, Sony!

+ jazzyrider on July 16th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

game looks awesome. Wonder if its a continuation of AC2 on the consoles?

Also, like the white PSP – any chance we’ll see more colors like the GOW red (currently in PSP2K form but no PSP3K).

+ butlersp on July 16th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

So is it safe to say that Go will launch with a GT bundle then the ACB Bundle for the 3000? Kinda a rip if you ask me. $200 for a 2g rather than 4g no movie to come with. I would have guessed that with Go and 3000 being equals that both systems would get the same bundles (w/ the Go getting a voucher for the PSN store).

Again Sony Marketing at its finest.

How about this for a marketing strategy Sony, if you have a PS3 & PSP title like AC, GT and even Resistance why not bundle both together for $80 if they are both going to have some form of PSP Plus or linkable extras? The PSP copy could be an insert voucher for the PSN store. Granted there may be a lag between released but you could end up selling more that way.

+ Gringo234 on July 16th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Sounds good and all but seeing this makes me realize how the PS2 can handle games like AC.

Just wondering if most games out right now are really pushing our current systems?

+ Bloody_Marcel on July 16th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

Impressed! This will be downloadable from the Store as well right?

+ eaferrari24 on July 16th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

@37 this is a continuation of the first AC.. hence the same character

+ jimmy903 on July 16th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

SOLD! With this and AC2 for my PS3 its going to be one Assassin filled holiday season.

+ mixedkidbx on July 16th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

wow still giving out only 2gb sticks?

+ zombie9 on July 16th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

I really can’t wait. It’s July and we got 5 more months tell november? Lets just hope it’s not delayed also. :)

+ Happy_Spud on July 16th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

Shame on Capcom!! Once again PS3 owners are 2nd class citizens and get Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 weeks after the 360 version! Go to hell Capcom!!!!

+ KidCommando on July 16th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

Already have a PSP-3000…

I am interested in what kinda of bundles you guys will offer for the PSP Go however.

AC:B looks great on the PSP! I swear, I am still amazed at the graphical power of the PSP and everything it can do.

+ Zezzler on July 16th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

AC1 is greatest hits/platinum hits right? for $30 who could go wrong!

+ Seiven on July 16th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

might be the reason to retire my 2000…I wonder what the first PSP Go! bundles will be?

+ redshoepaul on July 16th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Sweeeet. Definitely interested.

+ Tikicobra on July 16th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

Those graphics… I think I just blew a load.

PAGE 1 2