PS4-The Order

Fat Princess: Her Majesty Awaits…

Deborah Mars's Avatar + Posted by Deborah Mars on Jul 17, 2009 // Managing Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio

Hey Everyone,

This is Deb Mars, Managing Producer at SCEA Santa Monica Studio. We know many of you are anxiously awaiting the sweet PlayStation Network arrival of none other than Her Royal Highness: Fat Princess.

You have been very patient, and we really do appreciate all your support. Since E3 back in early June, we and the fantastic development team at Titan Studios have been working very hard to get the fine lady and her beloved subjects all ready for their much-anticipated debut.

So here’s the deal: We have tons of info to share with you, but we want to take this opportunity to let you all ask the questions. So, go ahead…ask us. Let us know what you want to know.

Post questions below in response to this blog entry, and then we’ll gather a bunch of them to put forth to Titan Studios. They will answer these questions directly during a PlayStation Eye video chat interview with our good pal, Jeff R, next week.

Enjoy some of the new screenshots, and we’ll be seeing you on the battlefield soon!

FatPrincess 1

FatPrincess 2

FatPrincess 3

489 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10

+ DeviantBoi on July 17th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

Any chance of split-screen multiplayer?

+ xfer on July 17th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

Does it support remote lauch via Home?
Does it have remote play mode?
Does it have a Platinium trophy?
Does it have offline missions? (more rts oriented, like Warcraft?)
Any chance to have Fat Princess costumes in LBP?

+ emjayx on July 17th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

Youtube support/In-game screenshot or music? Please, more developers need to input these in PSN titles!

and LOL @47 the cake won’t be a lie this time… hopefully

+ destroyerofworld on July 17th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

id like to hear more about this gladiator mode.

i would like to hear if the gladiator mode will have online co-op

if not will it be possible at a latter date.

+ POLYERGOS on July 17th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

Wait they still haven’t released this game yet? Wow. I thought it was all ready to go?

Here’s a question to blow your mind: How about making the game work on the PSP via remote play? Why aren’t more developers doing that sort of thing?

+ ck_sfu on July 17th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

only one … WHEN?

+ ShadOforce on July 17th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY News regarding Fat Princess! xD
Thank you PSBlog!
I hope the game gets released soon. xD

+ Coffee_Elf on July 17th, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

I’ll echo the request for a release date.

I quit my job two weeks ago so I could have more time to play this game and I’m starting to wonder if I made a mistake.

+ neosk on July 17th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

When will it come out?? cause it doesn’t matter i am so getting it. Plus Sony and you guys will keep supporting it right????

+ xDansivarx on July 17th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

Ok i’m excited.
How much?
When is this game being released?( i know asked alot)

That all i need to know.

+ Caedo on July 17th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

How robus is the single player mode?

Will it just serve as practice for the multiplayer or will it actually be a full fledged experience in itself?

Thanks and can’t wait.

+ freakzilla149 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

Will we Europeans have to wait an unspecified amount of time before we can buy this game?

+ freakzilla149 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

Are Europeans expected to pay more for thsi than Americans? i.e. $1 = £1?

+ mahunoy on July 17th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

I noticed on the Beta that most of the menu options are comical. Are they going to in the game?

+ KALEL114 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

I just want to know when I should give you my wallet, I mean, err, when will it be released.

+ BOSTONREDSOX15 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

i am so glad that there is FINALLY a post on the ps blog about FP and my question is will you be able to form squads?

+ TailsTheCat on July 17th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

When?

Ah, forget it, I could care less at this point in the waiting game.

I have so many AAA titles to play; on various platforms.

+ TheInfectedBy590 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

I just want the release date or the game itself! :p

+ ShatteredRaven77 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:47 pm said:

Will there be a Demo for it on PSN also? The game looks awesome, but I’m really not one for “Castle/Defend” games that much, but this looks really cool. If there was a demo, and I got it, I would know after 2 minutes if I wanted to buy it or not.

+ Link01 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

WHEN IS IT COMING… and yea you should turn this into a FULL trophy support title like Warhawk ;)

+ ShatteredRaven77 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

hehe 69

+ Link01 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

oh, and please say it’s $10 ;) ;)

+ ShadOforce on July 17th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

@58:
You quit your job to play an unreleased game? o_o;;

Very unwise, sir.

+ ShatteredRaven77 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

Very Unwise indeed…

+ Enigma777 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:50 pm said:

I think we can all agree that we want to know when the darn thing is coming out! And don’t give us that “Summer” bullsh**!

+ Fatal_Bullet on July 17th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

1. When will it be released?

2. Will it have custom in-game music?

3. Will the game feature PlayStation Home rewards?

4. How long has the game been in development?’

5. How much will it cost? (USD)

+ psufan001 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

Just one question. Will it have integration with Playstation HOME specifically Gamelaunching?

+ norm01 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

Since all the pertinent questions have been asked 20x already, I’d like to add a suggestion for future DLC.

“Fat Princess: Far East pack” with samurais and ninjas and feeding sushi to the princesses in Asian themed maps.

+ starBlinky01 on July 17th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

will this game have splitscreen online?? Because it should!

Will there be a way to level up, or have some sort of system that shows progression over the whole scheme of things? Perhaps unlocking ingame medals to show off to other players, and raising your experience level. Perhaps more experience can give new character costumes.

Will the arena battle mode be available for multiplayer online or offline?

+ Azigos on July 17th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

I *love* Fat Princess, so…

- What is the reason of the delay?
- Is there a release date of Fat Princess?
- Is there a release date of Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake (PSP)?
- Can you please confirm the WW release?
- Are you going to release Fat Princess and Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake together?
- Will they be “interactive” (I mean… playing on PSP I can unlock something on the PS3 and viceversa)?
- Isn’t there a way to buy a boxed version of Fat Princess and Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake?
- …and gadgets too?
- Can you explain something more about what is in “Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake”?
- Will you continue supporting the title adding maps download or by “stronger” DLC (for instance new modalities, new chapter of single player game, ecc…)?

*Little pause, just to remember I love you. ç_ç*

- I wrote sometimes to Titan Studios media mail but I never got an answer. Ahem, yeah. I knew that that one wasn’t an email for that purpose but… isn’t there a method to keep more in contact with you and your products? Website isn’t updated since a lot… :(

CONTINUE (1/3)

+ i_like_toast on July 17th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

misleading topic title is misleading, there is no fat princess awaiting :(

+ Azigos on July 17th, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

- Is there the intention to build on this title a strong brand so that in future we’ll have more and more (ok, DLC are fine and I’ll love your update. But in 2012-2013 I would like another Fat Princess. Yeah, I haven’t this one and I want more. ç_ç Gimme caaaaake).
- Online on the PSP title will use adhocParty or we’ll be able to play online directly connecting PSP?
- I saw that in Pain an image of Fat Princess appeared. It has snow and the Princess is on a sledge. Only an image or in some maps we’ll have some original ways to take away the Princess (I’m not talking of adding cars and other… but a sledge would be a shortcut. Like in Black Forest you can jump with the Princess in the well!)?
- In a map I saw there was a football pitch with a ball… of course you can hit and kill other people but is it only a particoular setting of an “arena” or you’ve mixed something sport elements? I mean… the first team that score 3 goals win. And so you have to kill other while you throw ball untill you score. It would be fine (ok, I’m italian and I love football. >_> But it would!).
- Will be the OST of Fat Princess on sell? CD or DD?

CONTINUE (2/3)

+ that_emo_kid on July 17th, 2009 at 12:59 pm said:

Well a few questions im suprised no one else is asking.

Since there is an in game store im assuming there will be DLC, what will that DLC be.

Is that actually a screen of CO OP Gladiate!?

and it appears in teh first screen that the warriors sword is on fire, is this showing even more interaction between the classes?

And lastly waht are the un announced maps/game modes?

+ Azigos on July 17th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

- Why don’t you create a “special collection edition” with a boxed PS3 game and a boxed PSP game? I want it so bad. :( Pleeeeease!

I love you and I love Fat Princess. ç_ç Hell, I’m skinny! I *need* cake!

END (3/3)

I love you,

Edoardo (Edodo)
Italy

+ SeanScythe on July 17th, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

I want to know the same as

1. Will there be local co-op? splitscreen, merging splitscreen (as in The Warriors), or same-screen?

2. Can a local co-op team of 3-4 players play against other people online? built-in or via DLC?

3. Will it play in native 1080p? If it plays in 720p, will it use FSAA to upscale the 720p render to 1080p?

4. Are the soundtrack and sound effects encoded with a lossless codec? and/or 24-bit? Will we be able to select LPCM output for highest quality (so as to avoid an unnecessary decode+encode cycle) like in the Uncharted 2 beta? Flock’s low-quality audio was a big disappointment to me, which is why I didn’t buy it at the premium pricing even though I liked the game.

5. Will there be a level creator and the ability to share levels, either in-game or as separate DLC (as with Cuboid)?

I’m really looking forward to this game, it looks really fun.

+ NITROWOLF_2 on July 17th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

So any new trailer for this game coming out? What about a new gameplay level preview?

+ that_emo_kid on July 17th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

I have to take a brek from all the questions to say good job. And did you ramp up the graphics even mroe form the beta? it looks like it.

+ ghostygroove on July 17th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

i want to play a demo, hurry

+ naruto_hinata on July 17th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

I was wondering if the ps3 version and psp version would have to be bought seprately or if you buy one you get the other one too? Oh and is there any dlc being thought of at this time?

+ darkwing75 on July 17th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Is the game shareable? or is it locked like Warhawk?

+ danhoo on July 17th, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

When is the game getting released?

I killed my pet gopher two weeks ago so I could have more time to play this game and I’m starting to wonder if I made a mistake.

CONTINUE (17/5)

+ WillPG1212 on July 17th, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

Just wondering if there will be any type of clan support for this title.

+ mefron on July 17th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

Will there be different types of game modes? If so what are they.

+ aschx on July 17th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

Will there be In-Game music abilities?

Also, how about the estimated release date?

+ shrimpdude on July 17th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

How robust will the stat-tracking in this game be?

+ KwietStorm on July 17th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Release date. Yes, that is a question.

+ rajus0 on July 17th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

What inspired you to put such an orginal and funny twist on a clasical game type.

Also will there be Home unlockable content, like a wall paper for you personal space for example, or Tshirts for Home, will there also be a Home space for Fat Princess, and DLC

thanks

+ icuqq on July 17th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

Im gonna ask the obvious ones
WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT???
If you guys do push it back past this month (i know its been listed as TBA but rumors have spread it will be the end of this month) will you guys be opening for more beta testers?
How much is this going to cost?

Thanks deb!

+ Shadoweaver_ on July 17th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

Figured now would be the perfect time to ask. Where could I give my beta impressions? I’ve been playing in the beta since it launched and I’ve got both, negative and positive feedback about it.

+ dewmandew7 on July 17th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

What is the scope of the single player campaign?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10