PS4 - Transistor

Killzone 2 Napalm & Cordite; The Weapons pack

Sebastian Downie's Avatar + Posted by Sebastian Downie on Jul 17, 2009 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

Napalm & Cordite, the new downloadable content pack for Killzone 2, contains two exciting new multiplayer maps: Suljeva Cliffside, which takes place on the rocky outskirts of the Suljeva mining village; and Arctower Landing, which revisits the Arctower defense posts of Blood Meridian.

On top of that, the DLC pack allows you to wield a pair of weapons which were previously accessible only through the single player campaign!

Napalm: The VC1 Flamethrower
Found in the Suljeva Cliffside map, the VC1 Flamethrower projects an ignited stream of flammable liquid at high pressure. Consisting of low-octane gasoline and an unidentified component indigenous to Helghan, this form of Napalm is extremely effective for clearing out enemy trenches and bunkers.

Cordite: The Boltgun 4400
Also known as “The Handyman”, the semi-automatic Boltgun 4400 can be picked up in the Arctower Landing map. It uses Cordite to propel metal bolts at an extremely high velocity, often pinning its targets to walls and other objects. In addition, each round contains a time-delayed explosive charge – so if impalement doesn’t finish the target off, the ensuing explosion will.

Napalm & Cordite – an explosive cocktail
Both of these weapons radically alter the Killzone 2 multiplayer dynamic, delivering an experience that’s as fresh as it is intense. If you’re a veteran Killzone 2 online player looking to mix it up, or if you simply liked wielding these weapons in the single player campaign, Napalm & Cordite is your ticket. Look for it on the PlayStation Store July 23rd!

For more information visit Killzone.com.

111 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ crunchmonkey on July 17th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

Will it be $5.99 like the other packs?

+ Link01 on July 17th, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

it says the video isn’t available…… but I’m totally looking forward to this :)…….. now all we need is vehicles :p

+ dotCody on July 17th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

More overpriced DLC for a broken Multiplayer experience…great.

+ Link01 on July 17th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

@dotCody……….. you’re an ass man, and broken my ass…… oh and have you seen the prices for other map packs? Spoiled you are my friend

+ JegBot on July 17th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

Why is the multiplayer broken, dotCody? I never had a problem with it.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on July 17th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

the DLC is pretty expensive. Maybe if you bundle the 3 DLCs for $10…

+ phambus on July 17th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

Awesome video–sold for me!
Damn, the DLC keeps coming out and it’s hard for me to move on to other games(ie Street Fighter IV) :)

+ ggamdori on July 17th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

Will it maintain the game balance? If everyone tries to jump on that, it may break other gameplay?

+ Zezzler on July 17th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

still nothing on local multi-player or local co-op? what about even online co-op? will there be anything actually good comming out soon?

+ Borkil on July 17th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

will there be a bundle with the current dlc?

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on July 17th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

add a 4 player split screen multiplayer please

+ DonnyG on July 17th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Very nice!

+ enewtabie on July 17th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

excellent..It’ll be my 3rd purchase.

+ thepatriots on July 17th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

Looks awesome. Thanks GG for all your hard work. We know sometimes we (the fans) can be hard to please but you guys are doing an admirable job with all the patches and watching over the boards. I love the map packs. The only problem I have is not that many people have them. If you guys released a bundle say for like $14.99 that included all the packs I think that would be great. Anyways I will be getting this as it looks really cool. Again thanks for all the hard work.

+ BigRon3400 on July 17th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

I hope the weapons are available on all maps.

+ baconlover89 on July 17th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

Looks pretty sweet i might get killzone 2 just for the online.

+ Viprdude on July 17th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

Borderline extortion with charging us each freakin time they make a new map pack or whatever….

+ KazeEternal on July 17th, 2009 at 9:45 am said:

@dotcody

haha looks like you were one of the n00bs that got their asses handed to them by yours truly one to many times. Perhaps everyone else on the KZ2 MP.

Just because you suck at KZ2 MP doesn’t mean it’s broken, just means you haven’t spent enough time with it to understand how it works. For that matter are to busy trying to apply rules from other MP FPS experiences to be able to play the game successfully.

@GG
I’m all in guys, I loved the first two DLC. Even after going through that hell to get my MP your expansions have managed to continue renewed interest, keep up the good work.

+ KazeEternal on July 17th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

18 Edit “Even after going through that hell to get my MP” MP = Platinum Trophy

Crazy

+ darienxc on July 17th, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

I know this is a first person game, but I noticed a couple a seconds of third person perspective that looks incredible–I know its just to show off the new weapons. It’s a long shot, but I vote for the next DLC to have third person perspective, that would be awesome.

+ Tikicobra on July 17th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

Anyone who says this game is broken is a spoiled, stuck up ass.

However, I don’t understand why I should have to pay for two weapons that should have already been in the game.

+ BiezulbubBill69 on July 17th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

so, uh, there’s only gonna be ONE boltgun and ONE flamethrower on each respective map? So outta 32 people only ONE person is gonna get to use the “new” weapon? We need more info Guerrila!!!!!!!!

+ JKar275 on July 17th, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

These new weapons and maps are OK but what about having Exo-Skeletons and tanks in a future DLC map pack?

+ zombie9 on July 17th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

this DLC for Killzone actually made want to play it more and more and I’m hooked now. I might even go back and play Killzone on PS2. But any way this DLC is going to be the best one yet. And I hope there is even more DLC!!! :)

+ Aleezy18 on July 17th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

they should have new badges with people that have different skills and they can hold the flamethrower or boltgun

+ MakulaTolkien on July 17th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

AWESOME! I’m thinking KZ2 is the Burnout Paradise of First Person Shooters for their great downloadable content.. Keep it up guys Killzone for life yo!

+ TRIX_BOL on July 17th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Is great that you guys are pushing the Multiplayer experience way beyond. But what about a single-player DLC (with trophies)? Like another stage, or challenge.

I think we have had enough already, and probably you guys will keep making more every month.

+ AngelMayLaugh on July 17th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

More 5.99 DLC that no one will play after the first two weeks. reduce the price so more people will actually play these things.

+ neosk on July 17th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

thank you so much GGames and PSblog this has been great from you guys supporting the game

+ mikemill on July 17th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

Yes please.

+ jipmg on July 17th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

Hey guerilla PLEASE READ:

Bring a SNOW DLC map, and a JUNGLE DLC map, or a LAVA map, show us what your engine can do, and add new classes, please, it would add the replayability to killzone 2 extreemly, despite it being perfect already.

+ enewtabie on July 17th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

I have a technical question. How have you gotten around the use of the boltgun. When you are hit with a bolt,wouldn’t you go flying through the air resulting in a wild camera view that’s disorientating?

Or is it just a quick death animation?

+ djpenny1 on July 17th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

the weapons should be free

+ Netweb on July 17th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

I Want costumes and my knife :D

+ commanderlewis on July 17th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

Can’t wait to get my hands on this.

+ MadmanEU on July 17th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

Making these weapons that you can only pick up is TOTAL FAIL. Spawn point hogs will rush to the weapons and drop spawn points on the weapon to NO ONE will ever get them.

Also, trophies for this pack are insultingly stupid.

You will not see another dime from me GG, until you get your act together. I bought the first two packs in good faith that awesome DLC would be down the line. You only went downhill and into Stupidville. Maybe its time for Killzone to trade hands, GG doesn’t seem to be a capable developer right now.

+ Enforcer_X on July 17th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

@3 dotCody
Mind elaborating on why you think it’s broken instead of spouting your drivel?

Anyway I am totally getting these and I loved playing Killzone 2 just last night.

Keep up the great work and DLC!

+ trustter on July 17th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

GG you have may heart and my money on day 1.
Thanks for the increadible support and also for making the Medic eletric device so cool!

+ AngelMayLaugh on July 17th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

The maps they have put out are great. maybe its because I’m new to this DLC stuff. but for 5.99 with barely anyone playing, I feel like im being ripped.

+ BlooodyCow on July 17th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

Will you guys ever release any free DLC for Killzone 2? Buying the map packs for games are useless most times because not a lot of people have them and it is hard to find or get into a game that feature the new map packs.

+ KidCommando on July 17th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

lookin good, definitely sold.

It does kinda suck that the 2 “new” weapons will only be available on those 2 levels however. Eventually they should be found on some of the other maps, it will add some new mechanics and strategy to the older maps. I heard these 2 weapons will be pick-ups around the levels.

Overall, GG are doing a fantastic job with the map packs. The levels are beautiful and there is so much going on around you, it is very immersive. because of this fact I have no problem paying a little more than “standard” map pack prices.

I guarantee they will do a bundle with all of the maps for those who are waiting because of price, it is just a matter of when.

Keep up the hard work and support Guerrilla Games, you guys are always trying to make all of your fans happy.

+ Thrasher20 on July 17th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

That dart gun looks rather painful

+ feedDunk on July 17th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

Will buy this one as well! Good add!

+ Apple_Taco on July 17th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

This or PixelJunk Eden / Crash Commando ?

+ enewtabie on July 17th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

@36
Getting bent out of shape aren’t you? Nothing wrong with the game or the DLC. Why dont you wait to see how it works instead of jumping to conclusions.

+ Riptide8 on July 17th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

It will be a long time before you see a bundle on this, its hot stuff,they do not need to bundle. They might bundle when they are done with the exspansions… This looks nice and I’s sure it will work well. They usually throw in very creative work that f’s with your perspective on how the maps lay out

+ Gringo234 on July 17th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

$4.99 will do just peachy.

Plus lets prey I get my yellow light PS3 back by the time this comes out.

+ DoomnY on July 17th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

waiting for customize controls, zoom and fire by triggers R2 L2

+ skimble_shanks on July 17th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

Just what this game needs, more weapons for noobs to take advantage of.

+ Carl-G on July 17th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

LET ME BACK-UP MY KillZone 2 SAVE PLEASE!

PLEASE take Copy Protect off?

Other games Saves have none or taken it off their Saves?

PAGE 1 2 3