PS4 - Transistor

Killzone 2 Napalm & Cordite; The Weapons pack

Sebastian Downie's Avatar + Posted by Sebastian Downie on Jul 17, 2009 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

Napalm & Cordite, the new downloadable content pack for Killzone 2, contains two exciting new multiplayer maps: Suljeva Cliffside, which takes place on the rocky outskirts of the Suljeva mining village; and Arctower Landing, which revisits the Arctower defense posts of Blood Meridian.

On top of that, the DLC pack allows you to wield a pair of weapons which were previously accessible only through the single player campaign!

Napalm: The VC1 Flamethrower
Found in the Suljeva Cliffside map, the VC1 Flamethrower projects an ignited stream of flammable liquid at high pressure. Consisting of low-octane gasoline and an unidentified component indigenous to Helghan, this form of Napalm is extremely effective for clearing out enemy trenches and bunkers.

Cordite: The Boltgun 4400
Also known as “The Handyman”, the semi-automatic Boltgun 4400 can be picked up in the Arctower Landing map. It uses Cordite to propel metal bolts at an extremely high velocity, often pinning its targets to walls and other objects. In addition, each round contains a time-delayed explosive charge – so if impalement doesn’t finish the target off, the ensuing explosion will.

Napalm & Cordite – an explosive cocktail
Both of these weapons radically alter the Killzone 2 multiplayer dynamic, delivering an experience that’s as fresh as it is intense. If you’re a veteran Killzone 2 online player looking to mix it up, or if you simply liked wielding these weapons in the single player campaign, Napalm & Cordite is your ticket. Look for it on the PlayStation Store July 23rd!

For more information visit Killzone.com.

111 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ EdHardy546 on July 19th, 2009 at 8:13 pm said:

you can find the flamethrower in cliffside and the boltgun in arctower landing

+ EdHardy546 on July 19th, 2009 at 8:17 pm said:

wouldnt it be sick if there was a DLC with both the ISA and Helghnast tanks

+ deafwing on July 20th, 2009 at 4:44 am said:

That’s awesome .. those S&D sessions where users put spawn points right next to defending or target charges will more … interesting (^_^ ).

What about some mechs next time? I think this game is going to hit 100 trophies; its nuts!

+ zombie9 on July 20th, 2009 at 8:01 am said:

@mrwarcriminal Thanx for posting my stuff twice and for saying that Killzone on PS2 is no good (you would know). Sorry U can’t play it in 1080p Like I can. TROLLS SUCK :)

+ minion-darkside on July 20th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

wow more DLC, it’s cool, just 3 days!!!!!XD

+ PsychoG on July 20th, 2009 at 8:49 pm said:

Another DLC with just boring weapons….Damn it I want vehicles , add something that makes the game look epic… KZ2 is looking very repeative , look at warhawk dlc epic maps and vehicles along with gamechanging weapons why cant KZ2 get treatment like that?

+ PsychoG on July 20th, 2009 at 8:50 pm said:

I’ll pass for now.

+ Nw32173 on July 21st, 2009 at 7:57 am said:

OK GG, It is time to pull the wraps off, bring on al the other units from the single player game,like the pyro, arc,elite shock troopers, and th arc and heavy weapons troopers, also bring the exo suits, also let each squad have at least 1 or 2 tanks. If there is going to be one of anything let it be colonel tamplar(ISA) an colonel Radec(HGH) for each squad both could have some special ability, but let them be available only to elite players of clans(sorry noobs). Thease are just a few suggestions.

O yeah anyone looking for a clan member, and has an active clan hit me up, I am tired of being part of non active clans.

+ mtb178 on July 21st, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

i think im the only one who thought that the bolt gun was the electricty gun.haha

an i also i think they should bring the knife to just the soldier since the soldier doesnt have any other thing besides a gun

+ fuego9520 on July 21st, 2009 at 10:59 pm said:

i love the fact that more DLC is coming for KZ2 but i gotta say this is pretty much BS!
the developpers should have put in those maps when the game came out. those are levels that are in the game
maybe if they came out with differnt maps that werent in the campaign like more regions of the helgan planet then i would be tempted to buy some DLC but for the moment no…

+ Alek_Bakunin on July 24th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

I totally agree with mtb178 about the knife…that would make them all-purpose.

I like the idea of new maps that is cool, but paying $6 every time for 2 maps is not. $6 for 2 maps is 10% of the price of the game. If I spend 30% of the cost of the game I want to feel like I got 30% worth. So I am thinking $60 bought me an awesome single player experience and a pretty rad multiplayer experience. I know in the future more DLC will come out, so if I spend $60 what do I get, 20 new maps? Yeah about that…maps are awesome and all that jazz but I could spend $60 and get a completely new game, with a completely different experience.

The Bundle does offer a cost solution, allowing me to get 6 maps and 2 “new” weapons for $12. That almost doubles the number of maps I play now. However, I am disappointed with the fact that you can only use the “new” weapon on the respective levels that they spawn. So much so that I almost debated not buying the bundle…but I figure they are still 2 new maps. Rotating 14 maps is much better than 8 anyways; you can drop the maps you don’t like and not feel like your endlessly playing Radec.

PAGE 1 2 3