PS4 - Destiny

SingStar Update: Kasabian, The Hold Steady and More

Nina Scherer's Avatar + Posted by Nina Scherer on Jul 21, 2009 // Content Manager, SCEE

Hello again!

It’s time for the SingStore update and without further ado, let me introduce you to this week’s brand new tracks.

SingStar must-haves this week include ‘Smooth Operator’ by Sade, Gloria Estefan’s ‘Dr. Beat’ and Roy Orbison with ‘I Drove All Night’. For all fans of the hottest tunes of the moment there’s Kasabian’s recent single ‘Fire’ plus some great tracks by Coldplay, The Hold Steady and P!nk.

We’ve recently had some reports from the community about ‘Charmless Man’ by Blur being slightly out-of-synch. I’m glad to say that this has been fixed so if you have previously downloaded this track, please delete it from your hard drive and re-download it from the store anytime after Thursday and everything should be ‘nanananananananaaananaanaaaaa’ again.

SingStar Queen - CrazyLittleThingCalledLove

Also, for those of you eagerly awaiting the release of SingStar Queen, we’re happy to announce that the release date for the standalone disc has been pushed up and SingStar Queen will now be available for purchase on August 4.

Speak soon,
Nina

PAGE 1 2

+ TRIX_BOL on July 21st, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

Nice, Queens for me then.

+ madmikefisk on July 21st, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

Great to hear for everyone looking forward to SingStar Queen… got a copy from the UK and have been enjoying it to bits. Some really fantastic stuff for people there.

+ Shanic77 on July 21st, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

2nd?

+ Shanic77 on July 21st, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

3rd >_>

+ TRIX_BOL on July 21st, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

I’ve tried to get a SingStar game, but they just keep coming more and more of them.

+ kassatsu on July 21st, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

Can’t wait for SingStar Queen.

How about some Michael Jackson songs on the store :o

+ Thrasher20 on July 21st, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

The Queen one should be epic son.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on July 21st, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

Lol what the hell? Where are the songs? I only saw 4 songs mentioned, plus 3 more artists….lol Sony don’t care about Singstar, especially not Singstar US.

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on July 22nd, 2009 at 1:25 am said:

Oh yes we do :)

Sorry, I usually publish the full tracklisting on the EU blog so apologies for the hicup. It is my first time on here so in the upcoming updates, I\’ll make sure all tracks get posted for you!

+ themm on July 21st, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

lol i don’t play it but Kasabian! I’m on fiiiiiiiiiiiire :D cool song

+ LokeSTL on July 21st, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!
WE WANT WIRELESS MICS IN THE U.S.!!!!

+ Elsa on July 21st, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

Oh wow… glad to see Singstar Queen’s release date has been pushed up!

+ DeviantBoi on July 21st, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

How about some more Killers and Green Day tracks?

+ SomberResplend on July 21st, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

Thanks for these updates! Glad to see the support from the US blog.

+ jelly_bean on July 21st, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

That’s more like it… Thank you for your support overseas… Hoped for a 2nd Roxette Songpack but I guess we’ll have to wait a little more :)

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on July 22nd, 2009 at 1:26 am said:

Not that much longer, I promise!

+ mafia28 on July 21st, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

I just recently got into singstar and im lovin it but can you guys make an MJ singstar? I now that would sell crazy!!!

+ TerryVSL on July 21st, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

What a joke.

How F-ing hard could it have been to cut and paste the COMPLETE list of songs in the update post?

And yet another post and run where no questions get answered.

“Don’t buy this product because we just don’t F-ing care” is all this blog entry says.

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on July 22nd, 2009 at 1:28 am said:

Sorry you feel that way but I hope you\’ll keep with us until we can get this up-and-running properly.

Cheers,
    Nina

+ tearsofash on July 21st, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

Queen got pushed up!!

+ ShadOforce on July 21st, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

Where’s the interview with Titan Studios? Has that taken place yet?

+ Powerlunch on July 21st, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

Sony work on Top 20 Billboard artist and digital releases. Enough with Singstar CDs. Work on updating the SingStore. By the way, I bought the wireless mics from an online store in Europe. Link to Uk online store http://www.game.co.uk/

+ mastrofallz on July 21st, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

@10.

You’re an idiot.

+ ZAANOS on July 21st, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

Would love to see some Muse and more Keane on SingStar. Please SingStar DepecheMode!!! I would buy that in a heartbeat.

+ LokeSTL on July 21st, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

@mastrofallz

What are you, 12? I’ve been playing Singstar since they released on the PS2. They announced Bluetooth mics with the release of Singstar PS3, but didn’t come through. They’ve since released wireless mics in Europe, but still haven’t released them in the U.S. This is the place to leave feedback.

You may want to take a look at your comment and then a mirror.

+ Tommy_Kazama on July 21st, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

Sweet! Thanks for the update, Nina. I’ll definitely be downloading some more Coldplay.

About the multiple singstar volumes…When will we be able to download tracks onto the harddrive for a small fee (a-la Rockband)? Disc-swapping all night zaps the fun out of the event.

Or at least, would it be possible to put those Abba, Queen, Vol 2, and Vol 3 songs on the singstore so we can purchase them?

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on July 22nd, 2009 at 1:32 am said:

Pleasure.

Ah, you\’re not the only one to mention disc-swapping. Let\’s just say we are very aware of what all of are asking for but unfortunately, I can\’t give you any more details at this moment in time because because I simply don\’t know.

nx

+ Metellica505 on July 21st, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

cant get enough coldplay

+ Krazie_Paul on July 21st, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

YES!!!! I LOVE SADE!!! CAN YOU PUT THE SWEETEST TABOO ALSO!!

+ jipmg on July 21st, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

Hey is it true that SING STAR MICHAEL JACKSON is coming?

+ RuthlessEd on July 21st, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

I don’t see the purpose of disc-based add-ons for a game like this.

I’d love to buy SOME of the Queen songs, but just don’t want to pay so much to get the whole collection. Same deal with ABBA.

Put the songs in the store and ditch the disc.

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on July 22nd, 2009 at 1:34 am said:

Hi, we would love to put Queen on the store for you but it is not as easy as it sounds, I\’m afraid.

+ INTVGene on July 21st, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

Nice to see Singstar updates on the US blog. Now, give us more US-centered artists… U2… Bon Jovi… Foo Fighters.. GNR… etc.

+ dsigns209 on July 21st, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

Will the Queen songs also be available in the singstore?

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on July 22nd, 2009 at 1:34 am said:

I\’m afraid to say not at this moment in time for the US. Sorry.

+ ArcadeToken on July 21st, 2009 at 2:20 pm said:

How about SingStore and SingStar Online site that actually stays online? More often than not, I get connection errors when trying to access the online features.

+ MGteuzin on July 21st, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

I have LBP ever since it came out but i never got the platinum trophy, so i ask you 2 help me by hearting me and my levels. If you want i will even heart you and your levels. PLEASE HELP!!!!

+ waddling_penguin on July 21st, 2009 at 6:38 pm said:

SCEA, how can you screw this game up as much as you have?
You continue to release physical discs and close to completely ignore the on line Singstore? I don’t know. I give up. if you want more from someone who actually cares:
and
sigh, so close yet so far.

+ Soundatron on July 21st, 2009 at 8:19 pm said:

Never played Sing Star but I love Queen enough to try it out. Will there a version of Sing Star Queen bunlded with the mics though?

+ saintaqua on July 21st, 2009 at 9:23 pm said:

Thanks Nina.
For those of you who have Singstar, visit my profile: saintaqua and leave a comment and I’ll repay the favor.
I need those trophies for the page visits. ^^

+ megamanny on July 22nd, 2009 at 6:38 am said:

Nina – I’d appreciate any info you can provide about getting a new SingStar Country disc. I bought it for my wife at Christmas and haven’t ever seen a response about what to do to get a replacement. I (and many others on the boards) have never been able to prevent it from hanging up at 100% loaded. Our guess was there was a bad production batch. Can you help? Thanks!

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on July 22nd, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

Hi – I\’m afraid I won\’t be too much help as I look after the SingStore only. There should be a number with the disc you can call? Sorry I can\’t help any more on that one.

+ waddling_penguin on July 22nd, 2009 at 7:48 am said:

I just don’t see how Rock Band and Guitar Hero can continue to release huge amounts of DLC of various artists/genre/styles to millions of players yet here we are with SingStore…page after page of songs no one has really any reason to be hyped about. Sigh.
I would love to love Singstar (and by extension, Singstore), I would LOVE to give them my money (actually already bought over 30USD worth, but I want so much more…).

Please just make it happen, no more excuses. Please?

+ reubensitos on July 22nd, 2009 at 8:39 am said:

Are we going to ever see any Singstar Latino Tracks make their way over here to the states? We have a large Latino base here and I know I dont speak just for myself, but if you want our $, we will buy them. I see La Oreja de Van Gogh, Alejandro Sanz etc on the Singstar Community Site video uploads, I would buy every one of those for sure.

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on July 22nd, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

I think you might get your wish very soon ;)

+ SAMUELBRAZIL on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Man the music chain Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, the latest of Britney Spears Man we put more pop and putting the updates in the U.S. that Europe and much better than us.

+ sanzre on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

I second reubensitos request for more Latin tracks, how about some Juanes, Mana, Shakira, Julieta Venegas, or the content you guys have published in the past for Spain in the ps2 discs ?, several of them have latin tracks as the original signstar, singstar party, singstar pop or what you plan to release in singstar clasicos and singstar vol.3.

+ sanzre on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

by the way reubensitos if you change the language to spanish you should be able to buy the available spanish tracks from the store, not all of them thought, some Bose tracks for instance are not available

+ SAMUELBRAZIL on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

Hi Nina Scherer I am here in Brazil is very successful here SighStar people like this where everything Beyoncé, Shakira, RBD (Rebelde), A New Pack Roxette, The Corrs, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, Lady gaga, Tears for Fears, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion is on Us only in European accounts. answer me please.
I am giving some idea, I will always be here waiting update. why can not update the songs every week?

+ StalkingSilence on July 22nd, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

Very excited that you’ll be posting the full list next time (in 2 weeks)! I love it when Tntnnbltn puts his lists together with YouTube links for the songs, but don’t know if that’s legally feasible to do on the PS.Blog.

Thanks for all the SingStar support. I’m just getting back into the game and put up some new videos (PSN: StalkingSilence). It’s really a great community. Hope you all beef up the features too!

Suggestion: although we all rate songs by the star system, you should have a HEARTED option. Where you can pick your favorite (hearted) media. That way people can see what my five or ten all-time favorite videos are. Allows for highlighting forgotten clips, since the rating system is filled with trophy hunters and everyone seems to get high stars.

+ SAMUELBRAZIL on July 22nd, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

Hi Nina Scherer.
I’m from Brazil.
Everybody here likes SinsStar. People here would like to have the songs of those singers: Beyoncé, Shakira, RBD (Rebelde), A New Pack Roxette, The Corrs, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, Lady Gaga, Tears for Fears, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion (She´s in the European accounts, why not in the US accounts?).
Answer me please.
I will send some ideas, I will always be here waiting update. Why they can not update the songs every week?

+ milo128smith on July 22nd, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

I was wondering if there is any plans to bring the singstar home space and trophy unlocks to NA.

+ StalkingSilence on July 23rd, 2009 at 4:45 am said:

Holy crap, just listed to “The 4 of Us – Mary” which is coming to EU this week on the SingStore. I HOPE WE GET IT, TOO. That song is great. If it doesn’t work out this week, please try to bring it state-side in the future updates. Great timpani portions.

+ StalkingSilence on July 23rd, 2009 at 5:50 am said:

US Update is live (thanks Tntnnbltn): http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/07/23/us-singstore-update-for-july-23-2009/

+ xxCLOUD4xx on July 23rd, 2009 at 7:19 am said:

I need some help please, i downloaded the jackson five, but when i went to sing it its not there, its on my purchase history, but i went on to manage songs to delete it so ican download agin but its not on there so i cant download it again, any ideas would be helpful thanks

+ Mox007 on July 23rd, 2009 at 7:47 am said:

Will we ever see Spanish songs that are popular in Mexico or Tejano music in Singstar? The Spanish songs that are in the Singstore seem to be very European (Spain). I would love to see Mana, Juanes, Selena, Los Bukis, Mazz, etc in the store.

+ Powerlunch on July 23rd, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

—Nina

It seems that you don’t really have direct influence on the content that is included to the SingStore. But my wife has some requests so I’m telling you so you can pass it on. B-52 Love shack and Bon Jovi. And I would like to know the reason why Queen can not be added to the US SingStore for download if it is available in UK?
Thanks

Nina Scherer's Avatar

+ Nina Scherer on July 24th, 2009 at 1:40 am said:

Hi Powerlunch,

Tracks are added to the store as and when they become available. Unfortunately it\’s not as easy as just picking them and putting them up there, believe me, I wish it was!

Tell your wife that all she is waiting for is on our wishlist but again, I have no indication as yet on when and if they will appear on the SingStore in the near future.

Hope this helps,
    Nina

+ Mox007 on July 23rd, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

I can answer the Queen question. Singstar Queen is coming out next month. That is why will not see any tracks on Singstore for the time being. Perhaps by Christmas we may see some Queen downloads.

PAGE 1 2