Far Cry 4

Killzone 2 DLC “Napalm & Cordite” and Map Pack Bundle Releasing Tomorrow

Sebastian Downie's Avatar + Posted by Sebastian Downie on Jul 22, 2009 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

Hey all, tomorrow our third DLC “Napalm & Cordite” will be released, allowing you to nail or toast your enemies with the addition of the Boltgun and Flamethrower. For those of you that might have only just picked up Killzone 2, or have not jumped on the DLC wagon yet, we’ve got an announcement to make.

Also going live tomorrow is a Bundle of map packs Steel & Titanium, Flash & Thunder and Napalm & Cordite combined. And we are calling it the ‘Map Pack Bundle’, original I know, but it does what it says on the lid. The bundle is being offered as a “3 for the price of 2″ ($11.99).

So enjoy all the destruction and beauty of Killzone 2 Multiplayer DLC with these 6 great maps.

Seb, MotherH, Downie

149 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Craazy on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

But I just got back into Resistance 2…..hmmm what to do

+ tWo_TiMeZ on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

thats dope

+ nandosupes on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

thank you for the maps and all the fun this game delivers.keep up the good work Guerilla!!.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Great news! Glad you listened and put all 3 together in a bundle. I’ll pick it up on pay day!

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

The ONE thing that I still can’t get over us the LACK of PARTY SYSTEM! Come on GG!

+ tetsou9shima on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

You had me at “hey”. I just can’t quite you. Love your game and your maps are always amazing. Can’t wait till tomorrow.

+ xMETATRONx on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

That is exactly what I wanted to hear, a bundle. I have not picked up any of the map packs yet, but refuse to get rid of KZ 2 b/c its such a great game I knew I’d come back to it. Sorry I’ve been busy playing Infamous and Fight Night. But I will surely buy the bundle. I cannot wait, this week’s update is shaping up pretty nicely.

Thank you GG for your continued support of KZ2. Great game, great developer.

+ AngelMayLaugh on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

I hope Napalm and Corodite isn’t 6 dollars. people who have supported your DLC since they were getting released will probably have to pay 6 dollars again while people who are just buying DLC get a discount.

+ radman123 on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

Yes, A bundle

+ Carl-G on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

Nice 1 ;P

Can you take off Copy Protect on the Killzone 2 save please?
I like to back-up my game saves[lost Killzone 2 save already due to my old ps3 dying a few weeks back]
Lost all my story mode stats :-/

What an annoying feature Copy Protect is on game saves, sorry to say :-/

MotorStorm 2 & RE5 took off their ‘Copying Prohibited’ recently, so i’m sure GG could do it? ;)

+ warezIbanez on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

Sounds great to those who haven’t gotten the dlc yet… now how about for those who already have the first two? Do they (as in ‘ME’) be able to pick up this next map pack for ‘free’ since they put down the money already in the two previous dlc packages?

See: Warhawk (I paid for Omega Factory and Broken Mirror dlc at separate dates ‘aka their dlc release dates’, and was able to dl the last map for the game for free*)

+ MegaClank on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

Damnit I’m going to be broke.

+ MegaClank on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

@10 that pissed me off too, I was almost done with Elite Mode too. =\ Thankfully I got the Platinum when I got it back.

Now I need to get this, Shatter and Trine, oh and the Fury Add-on for WipEout, what the hell am I supposed to do!?

+ SuperTiso on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Jeez, thanks a lot. I waited until the second map hoping for a bundle only for you guys to do it with the third. Now I feel ripped off. Why didn’t you bundle the 2 maps together in the first round?

+ Saiks on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

About time… Now i can get all three. You guys were being too greedy.

+ julesvega on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

yeah i just got the last dlc 2weeks ago since most of my clan has it and now i haveto get this new 1 also so whats the price since i have the other 2 map packs ??????????? just curious

+ Saiks on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

@ 14 – It’s alway the third were you save more.

+ poodude on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

Hmm… at first I wasn’t interested in the DLC – because I don’t play KZ2 that much – but this map pack has me intrigued. Sadly I don’t have 12.99 on my acount.

And yea I agree with warezibanez (i hope that refers to the guitar), those who paid for the first two should get the third for free

+ MadmanEU on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

Why do you always make me regret that I ever supported you?

Why not just offer EVERY map pack at a discounted price? I own the first map pack, but do not own the second. So why do I not get a bundle?

These bundles punish those who support you from the get go, and praise those who weren’t keen enough to give you a shot until you lowered your entry fee…congrats on alienating your current user base further!

What will GG do next to dig themselves deeper?

+ RPKK on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

YES! Bundle!

MotherH FTW!

+ Nameless306 on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

Yet again people who purchased DLC on day one get the shaft, thanks…

+ neosk on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Oh thats sick getting 3 for the price of 2 I am so getting Napalm & Cordite and teling my friends about the bundle sweet thx guys.

+ joostin on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Madman, I understand your pain as I am in the same boat…but by looking at other games with map packs this seems to be the trend. I guess digital downloads are akin to any technology. Pay out your butt at launch or get a huge discount if you wait a few months.
C’est Le Vie!

I don’t regret supporting these guys from the get go. I love the support with patches, map packs and weapons! Best shooter by far imo.

Keep it up GG, now remember to add co-op in KZ3!

+ d10sfan on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Just sold my copy of Killzone 2 so I wont be getting this.

+ SomberResplend on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Thanks for the bundle, makes it nice for people who haven’t bought the packs for financial reasons. Now they get one free!

+ WiiBien on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

I still haven’t seen any price mentioned for JUST the new DLC.. What about those of us who already bought the previous two map packs…any discount? Are we gonna get the shaft, or do we get it free?

+ Tr3p1dat10n on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

Meh, it’s another of those don’t buy it when it first comes out cause you’ll get screwed things. Unless they make it for those who have bought the first two also get the 3rd one, which would be unbelievably awesome <3

+ Nynja on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

Is it just me, or does parts of the soundtrack for this video (which I believe is pulled from the game) sound very similar to MGS4?

Cool stuff. Glad to hear GG continuing to enhance KZ2 online.

+ TRIX_BOL on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

Wait a minute, what about those who have the other 2 packs and will like a discount for ‘Napal & Cordite’?

+ ski_bumm on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

Supported you guys from the start, not disappointed that I did. I’m willing to pay a premium to be the first to play the high-wuality levels you’ve put out thusfar.

I’m happy more people will be playing the DLC levels; stratifying the multiplayer community is never fun.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

each pack is $6? I thought they were $5. Expensive, the bundle should be the 3 for $10

+ BlooodyCow on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

would we get any free KZ2 DLC? I have notice that not a lot people buy the map packs and it is useless to buy them if you cannot find a game on these maps.

+ MakulaTolkien on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

Killzone FTMFW!!

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

You know Seb I give you no credit at all, mainly because you acted like a Jerk to me a long time ago. But atleast you do a Hell of a Better Job with your games than that of Seth Luisi from Slant Sux. Here’s an Idea, why doesn’t GG buy Slant Six and the Socom Franchise. I might start to buy your games again then… oh and Chris Morrel, stay out of this one.

+ L1NK-KUN on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

I like the way developers give bundles a little credit, but it also kind of feels nasty for the people already owning the first two – like me. I bought the first two DLC’s on the day of release (in Europe for 6 euro, that’s 8 dollar). Why do I need to pay another 6 euro for the new one, while I (and all the other players) supported you guys from the start.

I understand that a bundle is a good way for all those other players to get a hang of the DLC, but your core players might feel a little backstabbed right now. Sure, I will buy the new one tomorrow, but again for €5,99? It would be nice to see a small discount for those who got started from day one. Just to let you guys know ;-)

+ ghostpos on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

Great move, thanks GG. We need more people on these newer maps, always a good thing to provide incentive in doing so.

+ Dragonzblaze on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

i need 10 more dollars 2 buy a psn card :( definitely buying the new maps

+ Daimomaru on July 22nd, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

You just ate Call of Duty a$$ with the pricing of this bundle!! great keep it up!

+ XKILLER44 on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

Sweet cant wait to get new maps

+ SPARDA on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

good stuff.
Can’t wait to see more people play the first two maps packs.

Definitely getting DLC#3 tomorrow.

Keep up the great work GG and Sony

+ varrelo on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

What about people who bought Maps separately?

Guerrilla, this is not cool

+ Netweb on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

I WANT MY KNIFE!!!

+ itsJose on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

I already bought the first two :[
How bout I get a free voucher code for the one coming out tomorrow!
c'mon ;)

or half off? :]
btw working towards the KZ2 platinum trophy. ALMOST THERE

+ toology01 on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Ah Hah! I knew you were gonna eventually offer a value map bundle. Im so glad I waited. Ill be buying this for sure as Im ready to get back to this game. Ive just been a bit preoccupied with inFamous and Battlefield 1943.

You’ve got my money. Now perhaps its time to focus on some DLC other than map packs? Maybe some kind of co-op mode to hold off increasing waves of Helghast soldiers? Id pay for that in a second.

Also Id cut somebody for a MediaMolecule/Guerilla developed LittleBigPlanet level pack.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

$12 for 6 maps, now that sounds fair, will buy.

+ SPARDA on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

@42
most people that bought the maps already (like myself)don’t sit there and cry over $6 difference / savings.

+ sscoolChea on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

i get the booty again…….i bought the first 2 packs now i have to shell out additional for the 3rd pack. people who support sony brands first always gets the booty .

+ xContagious on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

How come KZ2 3rd dlc was announced on July 10th and today it was announced it is launching tomorrow?

Socom has been waiting since October 18, 2008 to get DLC and we finally got 1 picture and some general things to come that people pretty much assumed would come anyways. That was more then 3 weeks ago in June. What gives? We have to wait 10 months for a relevant post on DLC then another month for more info yet KZ2 gets everything in less then 2 weeks? At this pace later the summer will be September 20 that’s of course if there are not any delays.

+ JinZX1 on July 22nd, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

i think i’m game sharing one of the KZ2 map packs…guess i’ll buy the bundle if there’s nothing else good coming out.

PAGE 1 2 3